Forum Settings
Forums

'Baki' Anime Sequel Adapts 'Hanma Baki' Manga

New
Sep 21, 2020 12:07 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014

The official website of the Baki original net anime announced a sequel on Tuesday, which will adapt Keisuke Itagaki's Hanma Baki manga. The anime series will exclusively stream on Netflix.

Itagaki began the Hanma Baki sequel in December 2005, following the conclusion of Baki: New Grappler Baki the month prior. The manga ended in Shounen Champion in August 2012. Itagaki then serialized Baki-dou in the same magazine from March 2014 to April 2018, and launched its second part in October that year.

TMS Entertainment adapted Baki: New Grappler Baki into a 26-episode net anime that streamed on Netflix from June to December 2018. A 13-episode second season debuted on the same platform on June 4.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

Hanma Kabi: Son of Ogre on MAL.
VindstotMar 23, 2022 8:34 PM
Sep 21, 2020 12:12 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I honestly had no idea that there was a demand for this show and wrongly assumed that the Production Committee just decided to go with 2 cours from the very beginning. And then came Season 2 and now the Sequel manga getting an adaption, I've truly been proven wrong.

Anyway, enough about that, I'm definitely keen to giving this a shot when it comes out so here's to hoping I'll be able to binge the two seasons in advance.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 21, 2020 12:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That's cool, because I need to watch the last two episodes of Season 2.
Sep 22, 2020 12:23 AM

Apr 2012
In what order should you generally watch this franchise? It is both simple and complex lol.
Sep 22, 2020 3:17 AM

Feb 2012
Very nice very nice, part 3 is def the best part so here's hoping they actually put in some more work to make it as good as possible. Baki vs Oliva is one of the best fights in the entire manga medium.

RobertBobert said:
In what order should you generally watch this franchise? It is both simple and complex lol.

You should go with the manga since the anime has a lot of CGI which is not that good for this type of series, but then again the manga has its own problems as part 1 is not fully translated yet so you'd have to search the fan translations around the net.

Either ways if you want to watch= Old 2 anime seasons cover the first part, then you continue with the 3 Netflix seasons that cover part 2 of the manga, and then wait for this adaptation to come which should cover part 3.
Sep 22, 2020 5:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ara-ara, finally we can see someone fighting an imaginary giant mantis^^

Hope this will extend to the prison arc too :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 22, 2020 6:58 AM

Aug 2015
they showed all the arcs!!!
can't wait for the upcoming arcs!!
this is hype!
Sep 22, 2020 4:45 PM
Jan 2010
At last, we'll finally see Baki fight an imaginary praying mantis and kidnap George Bush Jr.
Sep 23, 2020 6:27 AM

Apr 2012

Oh, thanks!

Ramkec said:
Very nice very nice, part 3 is def the best part so here's hoping they actually put in some more work to make it as good as possible. Baki vs Oliva is one of the best fights in the entire manga medium.

RobertBobert said:

You should go with the manga since the anime has a lot of CGI which is not that good for this type of series, but then again the manga has its own problems as part 1 is not fully translated yet so you'd have to search the fan translations around the net.

Either ways if you want to watch= Old 2 anime seasons cover the first part, then you continue with the 3 Netflix seasons that cover part 2 of the manga, and then wait for this adaptation to come which should cover part 3.

Netflix?! I hope this doesn't go the "Netflix adaptation" route too much?
Sep 23, 2020 7:18 AM

Feb 2012
@RobertBobert No, it has been a fair adaptation so far when it comes to the manga content, only problem is the CGI but lately they even cut that off so its good. Hopefully new seasons won't have any of it.
Sep 23, 2020 7:21 AM

Apr 2012
Ramkec said:
@RobertBobert No, it has been a fair adaptation so far when it comes to the manga content, only problem is the CGI but lately they even cut that off so its good. Hopefully new seasons won't have any of it.

What about Kengan Ashura? I liked the manga and other spin-off with its own adaptation, but it confused me that the adaptation of KA, in turn, is already full 3D.
Sep 24, 2020 2:58 AM

Feb 2012
RobertBobert said:
Ramkec said:

What about Kengan Ashura? I liked the manga and other spin-off with its own adaptation, but it confused me that the adaptation of KA, in turn, is already full 3D.

Don't really know about Kengan sadly I don't read it.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

13 by RobertBobert »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

94 by Noy_Rican »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
11 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.