Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 19, 2020 7:59 PM
May 2018
So Avos Dilhevia is actually Kanon AND Lay? Well I've been waiting for Kanon to appear for a long time I'll take it.
Sep 19, 2020 8:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Eleanor, and her 'child' just adorable. Her pure cry, tho. However, i am glad that she wasn't hero Kanon reincarnation at all. Instead, she just 'a magic human' created by Jerga Kanon grudges that needed him to split his magic into two parts, Eleanor, and her child, and the great revengeful magic for Hero, Asc. Well, her wishes got post-poned for a while, unfortunately.

Because suddenly Avos appeared out of nowhere to steal the moments and took the damn sword. Nice! Finally the real identity of Avos Dilhevia got a revelations. Its not such a big surprised, tho. I don't quite had a big challenged to guess his identity. Who else could play the sword very well done, apart of him? Everything just has been revealed since his first appearance already start. Since the way of foreshadowing this episode had, and some of the previous episodes scenes had, already pointing out that Avos just, Lay. Yeah, its him!

I feel bad for the half spirit, half demon about those situations. She was too pure against Lay. I do wonder, what kind of reaction she had while knewing the enemy of her master was her lover? So, lets see how well the end revealed the true intentions of Kanon, to brought back the war between hero and demon. Were they just made another peaceful situations again and together led the world in a chilling moment? Or were they ended up killing each other? And more importantly, a resolve tension between demon and human. Could Anos-sama relieves an intense situation?
For these kind of show, reinforced the broken relationships and brought back a partnership between human and demon shall be a good end for them. However, since i knew nothing with whatever happened, let me just end my prediction into that words and moved one to the last episode in the next week. The last week of these chilling season!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 19, 2020 8:51 PM

Feb 2019
Umm...so much stuff was just dropped on us this episode. In my opinion, it was far too much, far too quickly. We went from light skirmish to war in a single episode. It was interesting to see the truth behind Eleonora, the clones, and the Hero Academy, but in my opinion, they were dropped way too quickly. After all, how could watchers get emotionally attached to Eleonora if we can count her number of appearances on one hand?

Avos Dilhevia finally made a true appearance, and it was interesting to see that it was Lay. I'm also super confused as to why people are all rallying behind Avos as the Demon King-- the demons have a history of the Demon King, and Anos said in the past that the only sword he couldn't wield was Hero Kanon's sword. Then, Avos straight up uses Kanon's sword and shows all the demons that he can pick it up and wield it during the hologram announcement. Did this not raise any red flags for any of the demons?

Lay has always been pretty suspicious from the start, but I definitely wasn't expecting him to be Avos; I was probably only paying attention during the Anos-Karen-crushing and missed the foreshadowing. How would he know to come fulfill his promise if his memories were wiped upon reincarnation? I'm also intrigued by the fact that Anos didn't see through Lay's deception this entire time.

I enjoy the fact that the show's finally kicking into some sort of plot point, since it was just Anos-stomping up until now. At the same time, though, the stomping was so satisfying, so I'm a bit conflicted as to what to think about this new development.

Looking forward to next week!
TakadonoSep 19, 2020 8:54 PM
Sep 19, 2020 10:12 PM

Feb 2020
So Lay was the Demon Incarnation of Hero Kanon???
but what about Shin Regalia, the right hand of Anos from 2k years ago?? I thought Lay was the Incarnation of Shin since both are Sword Experts!!

What a Shocking Turn of Events!!
Hero Kanon lose his faith from Humanity when they betrayed him, So He reincarnated as a Demon to take his Revenge.
but does he still respect Anos like he used to???????? And How does he manipulate all 7 Elder Demons???

A lot of questions in my mind......Can't wait to see how it all ends!!

Archfiend836Sep 19, 2020 10:17 PM
Sep 19, 2020 10:40 PM

Sep 2020
OKish episode. Didn't think that Lay was Kanon's reincarnation.
By the way, don't you people get confused over the various terms used? Because I do. For an example, they never explained what a 'source' is. The viewer has to just get it somehow. Maybe, it's just me but I would have liked a little more explanation

Hyped for the fight in next episode😁
Sep 19, 2020 11:32 PM
Jul 2019
Bruh? There's an impostor among us! Wonder what you're gonna show us last episode.
Sep 19, 2020 11:42 PM

Aug 2015
Has anyone read the source material and knows if the anime is following it properly? Cause this felt way too rushed.
Sep 20, 2020 12:34 AM

Jan 2016
Wow the show had me with the plot twists xD A total surprise as no one would have suspected Lay/Kanon was Avos too! :P

The episode overall was incredibly fast tho, three events in one single episode... But oh well, let's see how this concludes.
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 20, 2020 12:52 AM
Apr 2020
What the heck?! Hero Kanon was really murdered by humans. And he reincarnated as a demon, as Lay/Avos Dilhevia the Fake Demon King! So I'm assuming that one of his source is somehow related to demons. He is pretending as the Demon King to get revenge? This is getting more interesting! Next week will be the last episode tho.

Ao_SkySep 20, 2020 12:56 AM
Sep 20, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2017
Lay is the imposter hahhahaaha
Sep 20, 2020 5:55 AM

Sep 2009
Wow! I already guessed it before that Lay is the Hero Kanon but I did not expected that twist about him being the fake Demon King. I think what he said in the last part about humans being weak... is that he hates them now. Because he was murdered.
Sep 20, 2020 6:49 AM

Jul 2019
I expected him to be Kanon but not Ray... wow.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 20, 2020 7:00 AM

Mar 2017
The episode is indeed rushed and I mean, really rushed, especially the conversations between Anos and Eleanor (yes that scene where one of the Zeshias said "mama" was supposed to be more emotional). Although I didn't expect they ended it after Anos and Lay had a talk, I thought it was just gonna be Lay putting his mask off. Now, to the next episode, the bromance battle.

Kami-Koto said:
Has anyone read the source material and knows if the anime is following it properly? Cause this felt way too rushed.

IMO, for the overall plot, it's still kind of following the LN properly. They change things here and there but it wasn't something that really affects the plot that much but they skipped A LOT of trivial dialogue/conversations though. Also, the anime made Eleanor seems like an ignorant while in LN she is very apologetic and understanding.

Idk if they intentionally skipped the entire conversations with Eleanor or they're gonna reveal it in the next episode during the battle (lots of anime do that) so I don't want to say anything about that yet. Also, if you're wondering what happened to Eleanor after that talk, she is fine.
BlueIsLoveSep 20, 2020 7:25 AM
Sep 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
So he's not Shin but Kanon, damn he got me too! And he got jaded and tired with the humans he was protecting then. I blame Jerga for this, his betrayal was probably the last straw for him two thousand years ago.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 20, 2020 8:50 AM

Aug 2018
Not keen on this turn of events, but let's see where this goes!
Also; This episode felt rushed, just me?
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Sep 20, 2020 9:06 AM

Jun 2019
The real and the final faceoff b/w Anos and Kanon is about to begin in the next and the last episode of the season. The ending should be great.
Sep 20, 2020 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
I can't say I didn't see that coming. I've had my suspicions since about halfway through the series. It was still a nice episode overall. The only thing that I don't really understand was what exactly happened at the hero academy? Did he save the girl or did he run out of time? It just kinda jumped to the 3 days later part.
Sep 20, 2020 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
Eleanore being a Taboo Magic user, guess that isn't as surprising to work in Arnos's favour. The matter of the fact that Ray is Kanon reincarnated also isn't really much of a surprise (given the speculation when he first made his debut), but the plot twist of him also being the false Demon god Avos Dilhevia really took me in for a surprise.

We finally got the truth behind the Hero Academy and its workings: Elenore's created clones of Jerga (not Kanon, although it's in the name), what the Hero Kanon truly longed for reconciliation between humans and demons (and the clear opposition which led to his murder) and the eventual betrayal.

The false God Avos Dilhevia has finally showed up, and like the people of the world, totally brainwashed at the change of history. At long last, the fight between the TRUE vs. fake Lord of All...all events rushed to form the final battle (which would lead to most likely the anime-original ending instead of continuing where the LN stopped).

Ray being the final boss was something of a juxtaposition that subverted my expectations, for not just being a reincarnated Kanon, but for being Avos, a two-faced impostor.

Points that I'd agree with everyone: This episode was vehemently rushed to give somewhat of an anti-climatic finish to the final battle of Arnos and Avos, and for some, it arguably destroyed the good amount of tension this this show has been getting since the very start.

Regardless, a good episode, but no hopes for this having a Season 2 (other than Silver Link's offerings this year with Otome Game and BOFURI, truly breaking a good breakout year for the studio overall).
Sep 20, 2020 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
So you wanna say that Eleanor is genderbend character??

Abhinandan2002 said:

What's going on?

I can't wait next episode

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 20, 2020 4:29 PM

Sep 2007
I had always thought Lay was Kanon the moment Lay was introduced but they kept insisting that Lay was Shin.....but when the truth was finally revealed! ....Well, I wasn't surprised...

Now the big question is...where is the resurrected Shin? oAo
Or did he not resurrect successfully after all....(( poor Shin.... ))
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 20, 2020 7:59 PM

Nov 2011
So the Hero academy sucks and the only good thing about it is Eleanore. We all knew that. This episode seemed rushed AF though.

So Lay is Kanon which we all kind of knew but once again Lay is going against Anos when he has sworn to him twice already. Idk I wanna trust Lay because anime logic but yeah. Idk this episode was just rushed and that's what upsets me. I wanted more Eleanore.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 20, 2020 10:44 PM

Apr 2011
Some are right. It feel like a lot of chapters where cramped in one episode. Feels rush.

Episode is still okay though. This anime is just advertising for the original.

Already spoiled that Lay/Ray is Kanon.

Oh well, one more episode.
Sep 21, 2020 4:56 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Haven’t even finished watching yet, but hadda ask: was that Eleanore clone with the gargly voice saying “Mama” supposed to be endearing?because it was actually creepy AF 😱
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 21, 2020 5:39 AM
Jun 2017
IM SO EXCITED FOR THE FINAL EPISODE... THE REAL KANON (OR FAKE AVOS) VS REAL DEMON KING ANOS met each other again..

and now this episode showed us how Kanon has been killed by his co-human clan...

Sep 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Mar 2017
Omfg... I'm shooketh. I had a feeling that Dilhevia was actually Kanon but the real twist was NOT what I was expecting at all and it hurts. I don't want Anos & Lay to fight each other. I really love Lay so I hope they can come to some agreement, but I understand why he hates the humans so much.
Sep 21, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2018
WTF Avos is Kanon who is also Lay......tch, so that Lay was playing Anos all along...
Sep 21, 2020 3:07 PM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed this twist tbh, Didnt see it coming. Overall good episode
Sep 22, 2020 5:19 AM

Feb 2016
I liked this development and tbh i didn't expect that twist at all....
Sep 22, 2020 8:54 AM

Nov 2014
That felt rushed as hell. Nice twist nonetheless. I kinda expected Avos to be Kanon, but not to be Lay at the same time lol.
Sep 23, 2020 7:18 AM

Jul 2016
Kami-Koto said:

I agree. the elenoar thng just made little to no sense due to being a rush job
Sep 23, 2020 5:41 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! what a twist! i did not expect that Lay is none other then Kanon who presumably lost hope for Humans...maybe because of that incident that Yuusha Kanon was betrayed by his own kindred/race.
4/5.

Sep 25, 2020 5:33 AM

Jan 2020
Another mediocre episode. I just can't seem to get myself invested in the characters, nor the story. Everything is just really generic and bland in my opinion. Let's see what's going to happen in the last episode. Well, I know that Anos is going to win, but I'm kinda curious about how the show is going to be wrapped up.

And also, it might seem like I'm lying, but as soon as I saw Avos, I actually thought that he was Kanon aka Lay. Since I'm not that good in guessing plot twists and stuffs like that, I'm really surprised to find out that not a lot of people could guess who Avos actually was.
Sep 25, 2020 10:57 AM

May 2009
You got baited about Avos reveal.
Oct 4, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
Well that was a clusterfuck, gonna keep watching cause I'm a masochist
2/10 would not recommend unless you like fever dreams
Oct 9, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2015
Me the entire last two episodes: "Its totally the hero Kanon as the evil demon lord"

Demon lord: *Takes his mask off*
Me: "Ooooooh, I didnt expect that."

Its funny cause during the scene before the battle where he was with the girl and doing the seashell thing I was like "He sure does look and act a lot like the hero. Are we sure he's not the hero?"

Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 10, 2020 3:06 PM

Nov 2009
What I am surprised is, most people here haven't figured out Lay is a reincarnated when they did the flashback episode of Anos vs Kanon when Anos and Lay was facing each other.

Tho I guess this explains why Kanon ends up reincarnate as a Demon instead of Human... cause Humans were the ones that killed him (even tho he could revive countless time if he wanted)

And that also explains how the 7 Demon Elder was able to be attacked and controlled, since Kanon is pretty much on-par with Anos.

Tho... the most sad in all this is Eleanor... who had turned into a magic source for 2 thousand years... That's a long time of being consciously trapped.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 13, 2020 9:07 PM

Aug 2018
I knew it! I knew Lay was Kanon!

Jan 5, 2021 1:31 PM

Aug 2017
I thought Shin was Avos Dilhevia or someone random. This anime is not disappointing me! It seems that the anime is ending, I don't know if there will be a second season or not since the main conflict is surprisingly close to an end in the next episode.

Mr_Residents said:
i know this unpopular opinion i think this show decent isekai

wtf this is not an isekai, its a fantasy anime.
NurguburuJan 5, 2021 1:41 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 28, 2021 1:41 AM

Sep 2012
amlg said:
What I am surprised is, most people here haven't figured out Lay is a reincarnated when they did the flashback episode of Anos vs Kanon when Anos and Lay was facing each other.

Tho I guess this explains why Kanon ends up reincarnate as a Demon instead of Human... cause Humans were the ones that killed him (even tho he could revive countless time if he wanted)

And that also explains how the 7 Demon Elder was able to be attacked and controlled, since Kanon is pretty much on-par with Anos.

Tho... the most sad in all this is Eleanor... who had turned into a magic source for 2 thousand years... That's a long time of being consciously trapped.

in the flashback i expected him to be the white haired guy who took down the water spirit before canon appeared sins he got reincarnation spell from Anos, i bet that's what they thought as well
Jun 19, 2021 7:57 AM

Jun 2021
I once thought of Lay as the Avos, but after the sword tournament,I believe that the only suspection coulde him as Kanon. But man again, a plot twist !
And that Misa x Lay moment, damn, never hoped that Misa would go that straight forward.

~ Weeboo
Dec 27, 2021 2:31 PM

Mar 2019
Woah, so Lay really is Kanon, omgg. They did become friends in their new life, just as they hoped, but seems like a lot happened. I don't know how surprising this reveal was, I just took his skills for granted when he was able to use all the swords instead of thinking about Kanon, but it was still a nice surprise.

Also all that talk with Eleonore was too confusing and I'm still not sure as to what happened after.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 19, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2020
That's a good twist they gave away in those last few minutes, though honestly it was always there. All that foreshadowing about Lay being the hero Kanon but being resurrected as a demon. Now i wonder what were his true intentions behind all of this.
Softhenic03Mar 19, 2022 1:17 PM
Aug 10, 2022 11:11 PM
Jul 2021
It was awesome anime fight was awesome and the power is overwhelmed .
Aug 18, 2022 3:46 PM
Jun 2022
Beautiful Animation and some dope fight scenes.
Dec 28, 2022 5:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
BRO WHAT NO WAY PLOT TWIST HUUUUGE SHEEEEEEESH

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 7, 2023 11:18 AM

Dec 2018
well that was an interesting reveal. just what is he up to? also another thing is i hate after credit scenes. seriously i don't want to sit through an ED just to see something you easily could have put before hand. it's just a marketing trick to make people sit through your BS. it's really annoying. just for that this episode gets a 2. 
StateofOhayoJan 7, 2023 11:22 AM
Jan 8, 2023 2:39 AM

May 2021
I would be kinda annoyed of humans too if I went through what he went through.

Jan 8, 2023 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
Well.. what a twist! So did they just forget about magic girl?
Comander-07Jan 8, 2023 2:05 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 25, 2023 9:36 PM
Dec 2022
The fake Demon King shows up. The battle between humans and demons looks likely. Lay and Misha romance blossomed. So will Anos prevails? Shock the fake Demon King was unmasked.
Feb 17, 2023 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Anos-sama's VA struggling every time he has to say De Igelia 💀

Kanon really deserved better than this!

"If it's beyond your grasp, let me enlighten you about true power" 🔥🔥🔥
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

278 by Frank_Striker »»
Feb 22, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

122 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

101 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2020

106 by PrimeX »»
Feb 18, 8:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.