Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 22, 2020 6:47 PM
Apr 2018
Kamiluck said:
Wow a score below 7, everything is very clear surely many have repudiated it for being one more story about a another VRMMORPG. SAO did a lot hurt, but the one who suffers its mistakes are others animes.
It’s less about being a VRMMO and more removing the isekai plus skipping loads of the story.
Sep 22, 2020 7:20 PM

Sep 2020
The first episode seemed entertaining to me. I've read much of the novel and manga.

For those who believe that the anime changed a few things from the original source, let me say this.

Impatient for the next episode and hearing my cute wife Waki Azumi sing.
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Sep 23, 2020 2:08 AM

Dec 2015
I thought the first episode was okay. I liked the battle with the giant snake and the celebration soon after. I don't understand why Yuna is in a bear costume with bear puppets and bear shoes. The ending was interesting. It looks like she lives by herself. She's also rich since she transfers a lot of money to her parent's account and doesn't go to school. Hopefully, the next episode will have some backstory to both her as a person and her character in the game.
Sep 23, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
Only I am only embarrassed that the show has not premiered yet, but people are already rating and writing reviews?
Sep 24, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2016
At least for now it seems it will be comfortable series but for now isn't as funny and fights aren't animated as good as Bofuri.
Most likely I will watch entire series. :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 25, 2020 12:14 AM

Oct 2007
I like Yuna's voice. So kawaii.

Also that's one intelligent monster snake. It knows Yuna would shoot something into it's mouth, so it did a headbutt instead of trying to swallow her.

well, I dislike snakes.. so glad one got poofed right on the first episode.

if the enjoyment continue, then I will buy something from this anime. :)

Sep 25, 2020 4:49 AM

Dec 2018
That was a nightmare. This anime reminds me of fucking bofuri. And Imo It suffer from the same problems, it have to many males in it

The boy hes father and that idiot wearing earnings all of them pissed me of . Especially the boy! He was loud I dont like loud anime males it annoys me

The first episode didn't suit my personal taste very well. But I'll like the cute little bear loli on the other hand . If future episode is going to contain less males it may be something I find interesting

Yuri-CrusaderSep 25, 2020 4:56 AM
Sep 25, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
Well, not all heroes wear capes, you have a cute badass going on killing beasts with a plushie Kuma costume.

That was charmingly fun and interesting.
Sep 26, 2020 2:48 AM

Jan 2012
Well, the first episode was kind of a let-down.

The novel and the manga are both in chronological order. But then they do this here.

It's misleading. People who are not manga/novel readers might be led to believe that these events are happening inside the VRMMO.
THIS IS WRONG.
Yuna never played as a bear and never wanted play as a bear. These events are from quite a bit later (C39-41) in the story and completely unrelated to the VRMMO (C1).

I hate it when they screw up the timeline of something originally told in chronological order.

I also hate it when they alter the details for no good reason. In this case, they could've easily fit it all in without changing it. They only covered 3 chapters.

One of the worst offenses:
The comments in the guild make it seem like they're placing their hopes on a high-ranking adventurer called Deborane and that Yuna is now his rival since she's capable of defeating a black viper solo.
THIS IS WRONG.
Deborane is a low-ranking trash that would not stand a chance against a Black Viper.

------

I don't typically approve of novel readers shitting on an anime, but when they make it worse for no good reason, it's well-deserved criticism.

So, to the people who like this anime:
Read the novel - it's even better. If novels don't appeal to you, read the manga - it's better too, since it follows the novel.
This story is best as originally written - changing it will only make it worse, not better.
To get the full enjoyment out of this series, you need the full unedited version of the story.

NyaaSep 30, 2020 12:07 AM
Sep 26, 2020 6:11 PM

Jun 2017
I don't see anything wrong with the MC's voice. Sounds good for the kind of blasé, detached character she is portrayed as in the episode. Her VA has a nice deep voice:

What I'm really wondering is

Sep 26, 2020 11:07 PM

Oct 2007
forgot to say.. I'm glad that kid is not a main character in this show.

that constant screaming hurt my ears..
Sep 27, 2020 2:41 AM
Mar 2019
when its episode 2? in 14 october?

i really see the episode 1 and i need more

any know if its based in manga or ln? thanks
Sep 27, 2020 4:03 AM
Dec 2007
Nyaa said:

The novel and the manga are both in chronological order. But then they do this here.

It's misleading. People who are not manga/novel readers might be led to believe that these events are happening inside the VRMMO.
THIS IS WRONG.
Yuna never played as a bear and never wanted play as a bear. These events are from quite a bit later (C39-41) in the story and completely unrelated to the VRMMO (C1).

I hate it when they screw up the timeline of something originally told in chronological order.

I also hate it when they alter the details for no good reason. In this case, they could've easily fit it all in without changing it. They only covered 3 chapters.

One of the worst offenses:
The comments in the guild make it seem like they're placing their hopes on a high-ranking adventurer called Deborane and that Yuna is now his rival since she's capable of defeating a black viper solo.
THIS IS WRONG.
Deborane is a low-ranking trash that would not stand a chance against a Black Viper.

I don't typically approve of novel readers shitting on an anime, but when they make it worse for no good reason, it's well-deserved criticism.

So, to the people who like this anime:
Read the novel - it's even better. If novels don't appeal to you, read the manga - it's better too, since it follows the novel.
This story is best as originally written. Changing it will only make it worse, not better. To get the full enjoyment out of this series, you need the full unedited version of the story.

getting mild flashbacks to the bastardization of one of my favorite wn/ln average abilities, but at the very least everything that happened more or less happened in the manga though it was fast paced and I didnt like the... apathy during the fight.

This is something you use to see a lot, the first story bit would try to hook you into what the story will become, but would flash back right after you understand whats going on... you don't see it much in anime but a monthly that will take time to get up to speed, absolutely.
Sep 28, 2020 5:02 AM

Feb 2019
Liddo-kun said:

Can you believe that this type of character would normally be the protagonist?
yep the 90% of anime should always be starred by an annoying guy and the rest are cute girls, it's frustrating to see most of the cast as such charming girls, but the main character is totally unpleasant
Sep 28, 2020 6:31 AM

Oct 2007
Kamiluck said:
Liddo-kun said:

Can you believe that this type of character would normally be the protagonist?
yep the 90% of anime should always be starred by an annoying guy and the rest are cute girls, it's frustrating to see most of the cast as such charming girls, but the main character is totally unpleasant

as I said in this other thread. Won't be reading any posts here to avoid spoilers from manga and LN readers. I just know someone quoted me, but won't be reading your post. ;)
Sep 28, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2017
Did the writing feel odd to anyone else. Despite beign a first episode or a preview, it felt like we were joining in media res. Or even half way through a season...
Sep 28, 2020 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Not bad, the storyline is simple (easy to digest) I think the story is similar to Bofuri, I think Yuna is so cute and the bear costume is very funny, lmao. That's my opinion.
Sep 28, 2020 10:57 PM

Feb 2015
Funny first episode, enjoy it quite a bit, and I get vibes from Bofuri (shield heroine) whcih instead of using a shield and maxing out on her defense, she has a power suit of a bear. Basiclally that would be the theme of the whole series, and it seems funny and cute enough to get me interested.
"Miharu denki desu"
Sep 29, 2020 12:01 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga and parts of the LN before so I knew what to expect.

That being said, it's a cute episode so far. Yuna's voice is actually slightly deeper than I had thought though. A rather interesting choice for the VA. Definitely also getting some Bofuri vibes from this.

Sure didn't take long for Yuna to introduce her familiars. Hopefully they can make the comedy work out for rest of the anime. It's a pretty lighthearted franchise.
Sep 29, 2020 3:37 PM
Mar 2016
Nyaa said:

Not read the LN or the manga myself and only found out about this series due to looking at upcoming anime. I did see a couple of spoilers in this thread last night before they got cleaned, but wow.

Have to say, this first episode "teaser" feels more like an episode that you'd watch half-way into the series! Also, from spoiling myself after watching the episode and reading your own comment, it does feel and seem as though the anime has really taken a dump on the source material.

Is this meant to be an Isekai, or a SAO style of thing? because from the spoilers, it's more SAO-style, but then from watching this episode it's more on the lines of Bofuri, with the episodes just taking place inside the game, with very little outside-game stuff going on. This goes against the whole "being sucked into a game" thing that I saw on a synopsis somewhere.
Sep 29, 2020 9:54 PM

Jan 2012
MORE INFO / SPOILERS, IF YOU WANT THEM

RelaxingEchidna said:
Surprised to see them not fall off the bears at a fast pace of speed.

LordPonczek said:
I thought she stuck in this game but ending blew my guesses away.
So Yuna gets real money for killing monsters in game? I want it too :(

Ashhk said:
Another VRMMORPG anime lol seems fine though, OP kuma girl can be interesting

Nunbo_Arbur said:
I don't understand why Yuna is in a bear costume with bear puppets and bear shoes.

Crowterrror said:
when its episode 2? in 14 october?
i really see the episode 1 and i need more
any know if its based in manga or ln? thanks
Yes. WN Original. LN is basically the same as WN (with pictures). Manga follows original plot.
Any of those versions is better than this version. (which so far seems to be cut, changed, and out of order)

GanguroGal said:
Did the writing feel odd to anyone else. Despite beign a first episode or a preview, it felt like we were joining in media res. Or even half way through a season...
Yes, that is what they did. We joined the story at Chapter 39 of the LN. It's not originally written that way - they fucked it up just for the anime.

Eleiyas said:
Nyaa said:

Not read the LN or the manga myself and only found out about this series due to looking at upcoming anime. I did see a couple of spoilers in this thread last night before they got cleaned, but wow.

Have to say, this first episode "teaser" feels more like an episode that you'd watch half-way into the series! Also, from spoiling myself after watching the episode and reading your own comment, it does feel and seem as though the anime has really taken a dump on the source material.

Is this meant to be an Isekai, or a SAO style of thing? because from the spoilers, it's more SAO-style, but then from watching this episode it's more on the lines of Bofuri, with the episodes just taking place inside the game, with very little outside-game stuff going on. This goes against the whole "being sucked into a game" thing that I saw on a synopsis somewhere.

------

The novel is very well-written, and narrated in first-person by Yuna in greater detail than they'd ever be able to include in an anime.
Trimming down and rushing her internal monologues makes her feel like an arrogant character - which is not actually the case.

Going by this episode, they haven't actually cut out that much. (of the chapters they covered, at least.)
My biggest gripes are:
1. Changing things that don't need to be changed - for the worse. (Particularly things related to major plot events.)
2. Screwing up the sequence of a story intended to be told in chronological order.
3. The stylized backgrounds and overly exaggerated animations and sound effects that make the whole thing feel like a joke. It feels completely out-of place in the context of the original plot.

------
NyaaSep 30, 2020 12:48 AM
Sep 30, 2020 2:02 AM

Dec 2015
@Nyaa

That's hilarious, hopefully, the anime will show it. Thank you for telling me.
Sep 30, 2020 9:27 AM
Mar 2016
Nyaa said:

------

thanks for the clear-up.

seems to me like they are screwing over the source material and making this into a Bofuri rip-off, as we all know Bofuri got crazy viewership and was super popular.

because if episode 1 of this anime is merging the initial WN/LN chapter and some chapters that come half way through, then this is going to be a trainwreck.

also, am I the only person who didn't appreciate the amount of still imagery and weird disconnect between scenery art-style and character art-style?
Sep 30, 2020 9:37 AM
Jun 2020
I think that this episode was just so we could see what will this all be about. I mean too many things don't add up and at the end of the episode her avatar wasn't the one with the bear costume but the one from chapter one before getting transported to another world, so I think that on October the 7. when episode one comes out the story would go on like in the light novel/manga and if you look at the trailer, she says herself about how she can't go back to her world anymore and it shows the story parts more or less in chronological order. If you look at their official site you would find the summary of the episode to come and the summary goes
"VRMMORPG "World Fantasy Online". Abandoned gamer Yuna logs in to a new version with excitement. When I decided to start the adventure immediately, the equipment was bears, bears, bears! ?? why! ?? Suddenly I heard a girl scream when I was confused. Yuna and Fina meet fate."(Well that's the translated version)
Baam294Sep 30, 2020 10:16 AM
Sep 30, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, this was a pretty entertaining start. Seems wholesome, yet looks really silly.

That being said I am still a bit sceptical on the whole premise right now, as what I have seen in this episode, doesn't add up to the synopsis (yet). Yuna is cute though and unlike most here, her voice doesn't bother me.

For now it's to stay and I look forward to see what the next episode will bring me.
Oct 1, 2020 11:11 AM

Feb 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Right, so this is like a hybrid between Bofuri & SAO after all.

Bufori was also a VRMMO.
"Miharu denki desu"
Oct 1, 2020 12:52 PM

Jan 2012
Eleiyas said:
also, am I the only person who didn't appreciate the amount of still imagery and weird disconnect between scenery art-style and character art-style?
No, you're not the only one.
The extensive use of still imagery made it feel "cheap", the scenery seemed "intentionally fake", the animation felt "staged" (like poor acting), and the characters felt "exaggerated".
The appearance of the bear suit was also changed - probably to make it easier to animate - but it looks like a lower quality product now. It's supposed to be God-Tier equipment, but they made it look shabby.
Despite the addition of motion and color, it falls short of the manga art novel illustrations.
Oct 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
Wow a fluffy anime with VR huh, this is definitely my thing. I already like Kuma onee san, she's so adorable.
Oct 2, 2020 1:03 PM

Aug 2019
I like how nonchalant she is about all this though, like during the black viper fight. Also she sells/invests in stocks? lmao the first i’ve ever seen that in any anime.
snowykevinOct 2, 2020 1:09 PM
Oct 2, 2020 5:24 PM
Sep 2019
its like they decided to skip the first volume and ignore the whole im stuck here now
Oct 3, 2020 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly not a fan of the voice choice for Yuna. Was a bit more boring that I remember.

Don't think this show had much of a plot to begin with, let alone any major conflict, so them doing episode1 like this probably doesn't make a difference.
Oct 4, 2020 1:44 AM
Jan 2011
KUMA PUNCH! KUMA KICK!
Oct 4, 2020 11:25 AM

Oct 2018
wow, this was very bad. Huge disappointment!

They skipped many many chapters, and jumped right into it, making it impossible to understand it for anime onlys.
Also, very bad voice for Yuna IMO
Oct 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
Huh... there's a lot of stuff skipped... and she didn't isekai? And I didn't expect her voice to be that low considering how cheery she was when I read her lines. I hope they don't butcher it as I love the manga.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Oct 7, 2020 6:48 AM
Feb 2018
I'm really enjoying VRMMO isekai and this gives me Bofuri and Infinite Dendrogram vibe along with Gun Gale Online hopefully it most like Bofuri
Oct 7, 2020 7:23 AM
Certified Otaku
Nov 2012
Yea... this is utterly disappointing. Unless they do some major changes in episode 2 it would seem that the underlying plot is fundamentally different than the source material. To top it off, they made it worse, not better. The VA for Yuna totally doesn't fit her character at all... also the animation isn't even really good enough to hold up the show, when the other elements are already so bad. This is really sad, and disappoointing, because I had really high hopes for his one, because I loved the source, but honestly, not holding much hope that this gets any better.
Oct 7, 2020 7:51 AM
Mar 2018
They changed the whole thing, oh no, it's a new "watashi, nouryoku wa heikinchi de tte itta yo ne", i really hate it ¬¬.
Oct 7, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
The title should be Boring Boring Boring Meh.

Nothing really stand out. SAO Alternative GGO was much better if the target is just to go around doing things in a game. If the original story isn't like that, then it's a direction f*ck up in the very first episode.

Oct 7, 2020 9:11 AM
Mar 2011
That first episode was disappointing. The pace is bad and it take way to seriously for its premise.

From what people say it seems it's different from the original material, maybe the second episode will be a better "start" but that first episode lacked of anything.
Oct 7, 2020 9:49 AM

Mar 2020
Well I learned one thing from watching the first episode, looks can be very deceiving. Just because she looks like a cute bear does not mean she cannot fight. Seems like it's gonna be an MMORPG with a cute bear girl fighting big monsters.
Oct 7, 2020 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
I mean I already expected I wouldn't like anime adaption considering what I like the LN for, but they moved the events so much I'm not even sure if they'll be able to get out of this without any plotholes.
...unless they're really planning on making it VRMMO.

Yuna's voice is noice tho
Oct 7, 2020 10:50 AM
Jun 2015
I've read the LN, and although it isn't a masterpiece (though hard to say how much of that is due to the translation rather than the author), it is pretty enjoyable for what it is. Not so with this adaptation.

Oct 7, 2020 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
Her voice is kinda unexpected(didn't watch the trailer)
Oct 7, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2013
Wow that was almost as bad as 'I'm standing on a million lives', unlike that one I at least managed to pull through the episode till the end. Insta drop
Oct 7, 2020 12:15 PM
Apr 2018
Crowterrror said:
I like a lot this anime. i joke a lot when i saw she give money to her parents and all the episode i like it

can any told me that its based in manga novel or a game?

thx

Neither because they turned the isekai into a VRMMO.
Oct 7, 2020 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
I love Yuna!!! LOL I thought the episode overall but as a character I've fallen in love with Yuna. I thought her VA did a fantastic job! I love how nonchalant she is! Looking forward to more of this series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 7, 2020 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
Well that was quite enjoyable. Too bad it's not that great visually. Another thing I found a bit weird is the voice of the MC, it's not what I expected and it feels different but I'm getting used to it.

I am definitely on the side of the people the first time they see her, the bear suit is so ridiculous that you wouldn't expect anything from her xD... But on the other hand, it's also cute af!

I'm curious about the bear costume, it seems that they put us in the middle of the story and I would like to know more about how all this works.
SkyLETVOct 7, 2020 8:42 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:28 PM

Sep 2020
I really enjoyed the premiere.

I thought the MC's voice would be a bit "moe", but that's okay.
Also, anyone noticed that Yuna was mounted on white bear and Kai on the black one, but when they arrive at the city, they are changed?

Anyway, I liked it a lot.
Seems pretty fluffy <3
Oct 7, 2020 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
Feels like we missed the explanation why MC looks like that. Anyway the setting seems pretty boring to me and barely anything is animated except for the main roles.
Oct 7, 2020 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
Omg her two bears are adorable!

I like her as well and in the end I feel sorry for her. She looks like she's very lonely in real life.

Don't expect anything outstanding from it, but so far, it is surely cute.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2020

43 by waldy713 »»
Yesterday, 8:54 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2020

47 by waldy713 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2020

55 by waldy713 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2020

63 by waldy713 »»
Yesterday, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2020

76 by waldy713 »»
Yesterday, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.