Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2020 11:05 PM

Oct 2020
This anime was not on my watch list but recently, I watched it because my friend recommended it for me and it was surprisingly good. The first episode was action-packed, the story was interesting and I was shocked about how the mc got his special power. I really did not see it coming because I never read the manga. From now on, I will definitely watch every episode of this anime.
Oct 3, 2020 11:24 PM

Apr 2014
Well that was pretty cool. The shounen core is intact and generic as ever, but I really enjoyed the main theme (occult), the atmosphere, the comedy, and the animation here. I have high hopes and I'm definitely looking forward to more.

FxREEE said:
The 3 webtoon adaptations are American (Crunchyroll) funded products made for a non-Japanese audience. These webtoon adaptations got literally no marketing in Japan. Also most people in Japan never heard of webtoons. In Japan, there was never any hype for the 3 webtoon adaptations.

So basically, a Korean series was adapted by a Japanese studio for an English audience? Why? (btw, are they available to watch in Korean? I'm only finding Japanese and English) (also side note, you only have 12 posts and I've seen like 5 comments from you talking about this. Did you make an account literally just to correct people about it? I mean...you're allowed to do that I guess, I'm just wondering lol)
ChangeLeopardonOct 3, 2020 11:40 PM
Oct 4, 2020 12:36 AM

Jul 2017
dunno but this anime remind me of Kekkaishi.
Oct 4, 2020 1:15 AM
Jun 2020
EpsilonX said:
Well that was pretty cool. The shounen core is intact and generic as ever, but I really enjoyed the main theme (occult), the atmosphere, the comedy, and the animation here. I have high hopes and I'm definitely looking forward to more.

FxREEE said:
The 3 webtoon adaptations are American (Crunchyroll) funded products made for a non-Japanese audience. These webtoon adaptations got literally no marketing in Japan. Also most people in Japan never heard of webtoons. In Japan, there was never any hype for the 3 webtoon adaptations.

So basically, a Korean series was adapted by a Japanese studio for an English audience? Why? (btw, are they available to watch in Korean? I'm only finding Japanese and English) (also side note, you only have 12 posts and I've seen like 5 comments from you talking about this. Did you make an account literally just to correct people about it? I mean...you're allowed to do that I guess, I'm just wondering lol)

Yes, they are made for a Western and Korean audience. These webtoon adaptations only exist due to a contract between Crunchyroll and Line Webtoon (WEBTOON), two non-Japanese companies. The Japanese studios only made these adaptations because Crunchyroll asked them to.

Also, the Korean dubs are available in South Korea's Naver Series streaming service. But they are region-locked. So you cannot access the Korean dubs legally if you are not in South Korea.

P.S. about the why, I suspect that Crunchyroll wanted WEBTOON users to subscribe to them, while WEBTOON probably wanted Crunchyroll users to read their content. In other words, these webtoon anime are simply ads for both of the services/companies.
FxREEEOct 4, 2020 8:10 AM
Oct 4, 2020 1:46 AM
Jun 2013
poemofdevil said:
There were some elements that I liked such as the animation and the horror theme.

However, the comedy is atrocious and it's ridiculous how the main character is able to adapt to the situation so easily. He's a regular high school student at the start of the episode and by the end he's flying through the air and beating up deadly monsters as if he's been doing it forever. How about some struggle in between all that? Whatever.

It's literally stated that he isn't a "regular high school student", the scenes of him throwing the ball, being "famous" and running super fast weren't just for "laughs" was in order to show that he's not a normal teenager
Oct 4, 2020 2:00 AM

Jun 2013
It was a pretty good episode. As someone who has read and kept up to date with the manga, I really liked it. Many may disagree with me but I feel Jujutsu Kaisen is one of those series which is better animated. I also read a lot of action and adventure manga with a plethora of fight scenes but the manga focuses a lot on exposition which can be boring after a while and it's something that I want to see in motion rather than on a manga panel.

Anyways, Sukuna is my favorite character and I'm glad I can see him in action.
臭い-
Oct 4, 2020 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
Whoa, this actually gave me hype. I hope I won't end up getting disappointed.
Oct 4, 2020 4:39 AM

Jun 2015
I read a few chapters of the manga, and then I put it on hold later on. I was pretty neutral about it because I assumed the series to have a classic shounen setup. That's why I also have a neutral expectation for the anime, and what a pleasant surprise it was. The action scenes looked slick and Mappa continues to deliver.

I guess I will continue reading the manga then.
Oct 4, 2020 4:48 AM

Jun 2009
It was kinda meh for me. 5.5/10. But I have a feeling the second episode will be better. I would have preferred a Chainsaw man anime adaptation instead of this to be honest.
Oct 4, 2020 5:17 AM

Aug 2015
The animation honestly blew me away. There are tons of subtle things they do in the background to keep the show visually dynamic, which aren't very apparent the first time around.
Oct 4, 2020 7:39 AM

Aug 2018
A really great episode! I hope the anime maintains this quality for the rest of the season.
Oct 4, 2020 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Some pretty generic shounen it seems. Don't need that.
Oct 4, 2020 8:25 AM
Jan 2020
A long-awaited adaptation for me. Glad it's liked by a majority of watchers. Have a feeling that even if I hadn't read the manga before this episode, I'd have still loved it a lot.

It's subtle, but Itadori feels very humane (aside from his freaking athletic abilities on par with Gon). His interactions with senpais, grandpa, the emotions he displays are genuine and well-grounded. Not everyone suffers a close one's death the same way, not everyone deals with stress the same way. We were already able to witness many sides of Itadori's character - from goofy to serious, from determined to hesitating. Excited to see how he will be portrayed in future episodes, as well as other interesting characters.

Regarding grandpa passing away - I always thought it was shown as "shallow" intentionally. His death was normal. It wasn't sth epic, sth too emotional for us readers/watchers. But it's his last words that made Itadori think more about nature of death and loneliness. We didn't need the old man's backstory to execute this scene.
Oct 4, 2020 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
It started out real gey asf and kinda like oof what I get myself into? but then after a good 10 minutes it picked up and I was drawn in into the world. It got better and better, Honestly l like the dumb and reckless vs the serious type so this was a fun time.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 4, 2020 8:52 AM

May 2017
the first tone (5 or 6 sec after the op start) i was like "wait,is this what am i thinking??", than after Eve singing i was "i f knew it, holy sh1t" and yeah the OP is f good

ngl the op scane when the panda doing parkour is the best
Oct 4, 2020 10:51 AM

Mar 2019
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
poemofdevil said:
There were some elements that I liked such as the animation and the horror theme.

However, the comedy is atrocious and it's ridiculous how the main character is able to adapt to the situation so easily. He's a regular high school student at the start of the episode and by the end he's flying through the air and beating up deadly monsters as if he's been doing it forever. How about some struggle in between all that? Whatever.

It's literally stated that he isn't a "regular high school student", the scenes of him throwing the ball, being "famous" and running super fast weren't just for "laughs" was in order to show that he's not a normal teenager

He's athletic? Is that really your argument? What I'm referring to is him never having seen a ghost before this episode and yet that doesn't factor into his decision to jump into combat as if he's a professional who has done it before.
Oct 4, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
poemofdevil said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

He's athletic? Is that really your argument? What I'm referring to is him never having seen a ghost before this episode and yet that doesn't factor into his decision to jump into combat as if he's a professional who has done it before.

The show's explanation is that he remembered his grandpa's dying words, which motivated him....but yeah, that felt a bit weak to me, too.

Personally, though, it's something I can overlook.
Oct 4, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2020
What an Amazing first episode 😻😻
Really Enjoyable show

It is gonna give a tuff competition to many animes for the top position of the year 2020

I saw many, talking about weird artstyle.But
I think this people are wrong and the art and animation is amazing,
Though the art style kinda reminds me of Hunter X Hunter
Oct 4, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Clean animation and I like the art. Good first episode overall and the premise is a lot more interesting than most shounen nowadays. I’m in

Ofc the MC already seems op af and has a super strong curse within him but his joyful personality isnt as annoying as most shounen MC so he seems tolerable.
Oct 4, 2020 12:50 PM

Jan 2008
Opening visuals are gorgeous. Overall episode was pretty enjoyable as well. Hoping it keeps up for the rest of the series.
Oct 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Aug 2018
That was dope, it got me hyped honestly
Oct 4, 2020 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
Nice first episode, it’s nothing special or original but I enjoyed it. I hope the characters won’t become annoying like in Demon Slayer or My Hero Academia, let’s hope so.
Oct 4, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2015
The people who find the animation disagreeable need to take a second look at the focus they've placed on depth of field - specifically the layered backgrounds, 3D shifts, and unique angles.

See: The monster eye to camera shift to window breaking scene (beautifully done)
The monster breaking through the wall with the camera pulling back as it lands

If a second examination of those kinds of things aren't impressive, you can go back to your low budget still-frame powerpoint animations ala Cop Craft.
Oct 4, 2020 5:28 PM
Jul 2020
Yess my #1 anticipated fall 2020!!! Listened to a podcast about the show and have been impatiently waiting since

ITADORI IS AMAZING YESSS HE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER IVE BEEN CRAVING FORRRRR

amazing first episode, amazing art style, love the concept and plot of the story, etc etc etc.

I laughed a couple times and remember every little detail :)

Couldn't have asked for more... except getting all the episodes at once.. heh
Oct 4, 2020 6:33 PM
Feb 2020
What a debut! Really anxious to see what happens next.
Oct 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Aug 2015
The dude literally transformed into the Demi-Fiend. Guess he needs to reject YHVH now.

Really good animation, that´s all I can say. Nothing else really stood out to me, but the design of the dude with his eyes covered is...interesting to say at least. The protagonist have an interesting personality, but I guess his superhuman background comes from either a good family of exorcists, or he is half-demon/your typical shonen troupe about genetics.
Oct 4, 2020 8:05 PM

Jan 2018
Pilot episode and it's already damn interesting. Ya boi MAPPA flexing them animations was superb as always.

The personality of the MC is what I was also expecting. Also, the character design of the first monster here is nicely done.

Cannot wait for more.
Oct 4, 2020 8:08 PM

Feb 2015
The art style and animation are amazing, especially in the opening (by Eve, jay - I love Eve)!
Very interesting first episode. I enjoy the curse monster designs, which is rare tbh.
Let's see how this one turns out :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 4, 2020 9:44 PM

Sep 2018
Ohhh!! This is interesting! It lives up to the hype! I like it! The MC guy looks like the adult Natsu lol (Fairy Tail) and also he is always absent minded XD
Oct 4, 2020 9:57 PM

Mar 2019
From what i heard/seen this series is supposed to be SO GOD DAMN GOOD...

And Yeah, i liked the first episode, but just that...

Im sure this series is going to be in the top ones, and it maybe end being the Top One of the Season, but... just because, from what ive seen in this new season... 80% of the series are truly dissapointing or boring.

4/5 for this Episode. I really hope it gets better, to have something else to watch.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 4, 2020 11:54 PM

Jun 2020
I watched this back in September 19 but forgot to reply, well, so far it's ok. The pacing seems smooth and it looks like it'll be a decent or good adaptation. It's a typical action shounen jump series, but I like things like that so it'll be okay. So far, it's good.

7.4/10 or 7/10 so far. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: I hope this doesn't become the next The God of Highschool. It seems like a decent or good show, please for the love of god, if any one of you decides to say that it's going to be the best series of 2020, just stop, please.

Oct 5, 2020 12:00 AM
Dec 2019
wasn't sure what to expected, but it was really good. quite fascinated by the paranormal aspect of the series.
Oct 5, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2016
Need_for_Steed said:
The animation honestly blew me away. There are tons of subtle things they do in the background to keep the show visually dynamic, which aren't very apparent the first time around.

I noticed thias as well. Such beautiful art.
Oct 5, 2020 7:09 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty solid first episode. Really enjoyed the comedy and direction. But I'm not sure how I feel about the MC eating the thing and becoming overpowered. It doesn't seem to be a wise decision for the start of the show. But I can easily be wrong
Oct 5, 2020 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
That's some very good animation from MAPPA. I am impressed with those smooth movements on the fight scenes, and they really did a good job on immersing the atmosphere of this episode.

This is already being hyped and on its to be the top anime of the Fall season so I'm hoping it don't disappoint.

Oct 5, 2020 8:54 AM
Jun 2020
raiderublaze said:
I'm praying to the higher ups that Jujutsu Kaisen ain't going to sink like The God of High School, we still remember the disaster in Summer.

JJK won't have any issues that GOHS faced. But Noblesse, the next webtoon anime, certainly will. JJK is made for the Japanese and GOHS is made for foreigners. So the two should not be compared as they were made under very different cicumstances.

Webtoon adaptations shouldn't be compared to any traditional anime made for the Japanese. The 3 webtoon adaptations are American (Crunchyroll) funded products made for a non-Japanese audience. These webtoon adaptations got literally no marketing in Japan. Also most people in Japan never heard of webtoons. In Japan, there was never any hype for the 3 webtoon adaptations. All the webtoon adaptations are equally rushed 13 episode adaptations because of Crunchyroll's decisions. These webtoon anime do not represent their directors' and studios' other works.

Also, JJK is Shounen Jump, and this anime was heavily marketed in Japan. So JJK was always going to have a normal pacing.
FxREEEOct 5, 2020 9:04 AM
Oct 5, 2020 10:07 AM

Dec 2017
Damn this reminds me of the time when I used to actually enjoy seasonals and not drop them on their first eps. Animation and voice acting is also no doubt great.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 5, 2020 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
CGI panda.
Ok now I'm interested
Oct 5, 2020 3:11 PM

Jan 2012
BobDed said:
CGI panda.
Ok now I'm interested

It's not CGI, it's key animated by Bahi JD.
Oct 5, 2020 3:23 PM

Mar 2018
ukloim said:
BobDed said:
CGI panda.
Ok now I'm interested

It's not CGI, it's key animated by Bahi JD.

Alrighty, cheers for clearing it up!
Oct 5, 2020 4:32 PM
Aug 2020
I'm anime only and I was hyped for this anime when I heard about it. Loved the episode!
Oct 5, 2020 6:59 PM
Oct 2018
I think its unfair to judge whether this anime is good or bad just from watching eps 1. Story pace & build up is good, but story permise is standart for shonen anime. It can be good or bad, but I dont mind with that as long as this anime has good story progression.

Art & animation is good. Although, I little bit uncomfortable with dog spirit animation. Overall okay episode for me.
Oct 5, 2020 7:30 PM
Mar 2019
YorukaWaifu said:
Another Jump adaptation, another overrated sausage fest with idiotic characters.

Not even good animation is going to make me watch this, drop.

its been 1 episode bruh
Oct 5, 2020 8:01 PM

Nov 2019
The show is still at its early phases, the characters and story still to build... but episode 1 is doing great. FYI I've watched Jujutsu Kaisen early when Toho Animation pre-aired it through Youtube for the fans. And now here we are...
7/10 for that episode because the character designs still need some work according from the manga. The action scenes were good, the bg sounds, though not MIA level of sound creation but the themes of the soundtracks just hits different. The OST by E ve was superb, waiting for episode 2 :-)
Oct 5, 2020 10:12 PM
Dec 2019
[quote=poemofdevil message=60852555][quote=Shinuki_n_Reborn message=60849587]
poemofdevil said:

it isnt comedy hes strong. watch the episode.

poemofdevil said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

he is insane, this is shown better in the manga where he doesn't even fight the guy before eating the finger, and just does it compulsively
Oct 5, 2020 10:52 PM

Apr 2020
I don't normally watch anime as it airs, but I'm so thankful for this show catching my eye. That was an amazing first episode, left my blood pumping. Can't wait for more!!
Oct 5, 2020 11:05 PM
Jan 2015
I think it's my favorite for the season so far. They had my attention from the beginning with the opening, it's a good song, plus it has a really good animation for an OP.

I only read the synopsis 2 weeks ago and saved it for later. I really didn't have my hopes up or expectations at all tbh, but I think it hooked me.

Gotta say the MC doesn't have anything special, I dunno if he gets proper development later on, but highly doubt it, I already know the drill with this MC type, it doesn't bother me, it's what it is.

The animation... I thought it was gonna be a bit better, it was good tho, it's just that I kinda felt the op animation better. You can't really compare one to the other but it kinda set some expectations.

I think the point here is, that I wasn't disappointed even when I wasn't expecting anything and that I actually got hooked with the story, visuals, soundtrack, op and the animation (so far). It's definitely my type so far!
Oct 5, 2020 11:38 PM

Jan 2010
This is a question for the people who read the manga, so use spoiler tag.

In what (if anything) this diverges from your tipical supernatural shounen?

Because i tell you, while i enjoyed the first episode, it´s not gonna win a prize for the most original story (at least from 1st ep).

How many times we´ve seen the trope
-Guy has powers
-guy uses powers to save soneone
-guy gets recruited by mysterious organization to learn to use said powers
(and yes, even the being possessed isn´t new)

So, does this diverge from the norm or is the same old story?
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Oct 6, 2020 9:39 AM

Feb 2020
MAPPA really did a good job this year but I hope that they do not Rush this Anime like GOH!!

This episode didn't seem really good to me except for that Fight scenes but I know the Road ahead will be SWEET
Oct 6, 2020 1:36 PM
Dec 2012
Just my humble opinion but i was not impressed. It was not bad by any means but also not wow. Just fine. Maybe i was expecting too much with eeveryone hyping this up.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.