Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It took more than half the show but it's about damn time that Sumi finally showed up. The date between her and Kazuya was honestly awkward imo. Sumi was blushing more than any other girl in the show while Kazuya reacted the way he usually do with cute girls.

Actually now that I think about it, Sumi's face is pretty much red every time she even talks, looks, or interacts with Kazuya. Otherwise, I kinda face palmed this episode. Oh and Nami is still relevant. Wonder how they'll wrap this season up.
Sep 18, 2020 9:55 AM

Feb 2018
The last girl has arrived, how do I call Sumi-chan's character? Well, I hate this type. If Sumi-chan has big oppai maybe I will put Sumi-chan into my favorite list. Looks like Kazuya has really become a bad boy, can this be called a date ... idfc.

Why did Chizuru have to stop, and also why Mami appeared at the last moment.
Sep 18, 2020 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Finally!!! This has been a long wait but Sumi the cute cinnamonroll has finally showed up in the anime. She was sooooo adorable.
Sep 18, 2020 10:52 AM
May 2019
Sumi-chan wa, komyushou desu.

>Only two episodes
>Nearly mute character
This gotta be Takahashi Rie's easiest gig ever.
Sep 18, 2020 11:54 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
The expressions of this episode were on point for all the characters.

We got Kazuya with the shocked face.

Not going to lie kind of don't want this series to end its a guilty pleasure of mine really like it for its quirks. Make the whole show very enjoyable burst out laughing a lot during this episode.

Also, the funny scene with Sumi when she grabs his arm.

Not going to lie done this a few times.

PendragonX1Sep 18, 2020 12:04 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 18, 2020 12:03 PM

Jun 2020
So they are gonna introduce the best girl in the last 2 episodes where she doesn't get enough screen time? Why is this anime so bad?

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 18, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2016
Yup, Sumi-chan's voice is as cute as expected. One more episode to go.
Sep 18, 2020 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Bro this show is so fucking trashy, dudes literally just coming up to sumi lifting her skirt up, what type of bullshit.. plenty of mami today so 10/10 ep. Sumi is also really cute, but the mute personality is a pass for me.
Sep 18, 2020 12:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sumi is definitely the best, her shyness is so cute to watch xD
But well Mami is back at her "evil" role, we'll probably get a dramatic last episode... high chances for it to be cringe though like 80% of the anime, can't wait next week for this anime to be finished.
Sep 18, 2020 12:28 PM

Feb 2020
thought we would see mami back before the last episode.

i feel like chizuru will say she's actually dating kazuya but he accepts the job and doesn't mind it? hmm
seeing how she reacted thinking about grandma then maybe she won't reveal their relationship is transactional.
Sep 18, 2020 12:28 PM
May 2016
Sumi was sooo cute, next we get to see how evil Mami can be, though I'll forgive her if she does some "favors" to get a second season like she said in the previews.
Sep 18, 2020 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
Sumi
She's so cute, kinda disappointing that she's not going to get developed this season, welp time to read the manga :P.
LaesxSep 18, 2020 12:52 PM
I like girls with horns
Sep 18, 2020 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Kinda sucks this is all we gonna get of Sumi :(

And Mami-chan strikes again !!
Sep 18, 2020 12:44 PM

Mar 2010
Sumi was like a newly born baby cub kinda refreshing and kinda not, but yeah love Mami and how she just wants to meddle.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2020 12:46 PM
Jul 2020
Syureria said:
The last girl has arrived, how do I call Sumi-chan's character? Well, I hate this type. If Sumi-chan has big oppai maybe I will put Sumi-chan into my favorite list. Looks like Kazuya has really become a bad boy, can this be called a date ... idfc.

Why did Chizuru have to stop, and also why Mami appeared at the last moment.
There’s one last girl Yaemori
Sep 18, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2020
The only good thing abt this cringe ass episode was Mami meddling once again
Sep 18, 2020 12:51 PM

Feb 2020
Good news!!! Sumi Chan is finally here!!
Bad news... Just for two episodes...

I feel confused about this series, beacuse although I´ve laughed with all its episodes, it fells like something is just missing.. (more Sumi´s time maybe) We´ve already close to the end and I dont know if this is going to close in a good way (but today episode has been funny, I admit it) so...just waiting for next one!
Sep 18, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2020
Easily my favorite character in the whole show, I’ve been reading the manga and have been waiting for her this whole time. Yes she only had like 10 lines but it was great. During her screen time, I was dying and coming back to life. Mami oh Mami, get out the show, please do, I don’t want you here hoe. Mami added drama which is one of the two things I like about her, the other being her looks. Even so, this is probably my favorite episode out of all of them. Just one more girl to go.....
Sep 18, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
Sumi is here. Man, she is too cute though too shy.

Mami just had to show up at the end.

Sep 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Jul 2020
Mami-chan strikes again.
Sep 18, 2020 1:00 PM

May 2017
I love Sumi so much already, and I'm quite pissed she shows up at the last moment. What is that bullshit timing?
Sep 18, 2020 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
Sumi is so adorable! She's so hardworking and trying to better herself, I can really admire that. I need more of this girl! If we don't get a second season, it will be one for me to read!

Mami was the last person Kazuya had to run into. Now Mami knows all about the Rent a Girlfriend site and who are registered there, including Chizuru! Next week gonna be spicy!

Atleast the show is aware of it's own problem!
Sep 18, 2020 1:13 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm if anything the rental girlfriend field sure has no shortage of applicants for its role. Still its nice to see Sumi has such a structured daily routine. Still given her personality its no wonder she struggles with the job. The Q&A format that was used when expanding Sumi's personality sure was a nice touch. Still Kazuya's observation of Sumi sure was spot on. Her lack of knowledge regarding social activity sure is a concern. Still it was cute seeing Sumi slowly warm up to Kazuya with the offering to taste her ice cream the cutest. Mami's re-entry sure spiced up their date. But man Mami's intrigue about the days events sure served to put her in a rather threatening position with regards to Kazuya. Still looks like the time of ending is fast approaching for Kazuya's relationship with Chizuru with Mami being the final trial. Overall a strong ep that while doing well in introducing Sumi also did well to expand upon Mami as well. Curious to see how this will end now that the secret is out though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, I actually liked this episode! Kazuya was actually a pretty cool dude this episode. and I understand why Sumi-chan has such a following!

I wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode with Mami and Chizuru (I could read the manga, but I'll wait the week).
Sep 18, 2020 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad I finally got to see the 4th girl (Sumi). The date went as well as I expected it would be since Chizuru said she was timid, shy, and an introvert who wants to change. I don't get why people think something different would happen during her date with Kazuya. It was awkward, but I think both people improved, while Sumi improved a lot more. I think the reason why she improved so much was because of Kazuya taking the lead during the date and even protecting her from the 3 guys who were harassing her during the bowling scene. I'm wondering how the final episode will go since Mami knows that both Sumi and Chizuru are rentals. I wish this girl would fuck off already.

On the bright side, Chizuru is thinking of quitting the rent-a-girlfriend job in the future.
Sep 18, 2020 1:26 PM

Jan 2014
Sumi is best girl within one episode confirmed. Super sweet.
Next week's finale. Oof, gonna be rough.
Sep 18, 2020 1:38 PM
Feb 2020
I'm just waiting for the confirmation of season 2 now. We have plenty of story hinted at and 30 minutes isn't even close to enough time to make an ending
We got a hint of Mami's story and I assume all the girls know of each other now.
1: Chizuru
2: Sumi
3: Ruka
10: Mami
Sep 18, 2020 1:42 PM
Aug 2020
Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap! First, I really hope there is a season 2. I need more Chizuru! Second, I see a lot of people felt this episode was cringe but I thought Sumi was super endearing. She is trying so hard! Third, Mami-chan knows! Things are about to blow up and I can't wait for it to happen! Season finale next week!
Sep 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Dec 2017
Very cute Mami-chan. I hope she starts talking after
I enjoy lightskyblue

Sep 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Aug 2019
Season 2 is a MUST. seriously I'm addicted to this show.
Sep 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
A bit late, but with Sumi we finally got a decent girl 🙏🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 18, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2019
No doubt. Sumi too cute.

Finally Mami realized what is going on, took her a while...actually I can't hate her for those actions and she plays the psycho game perfect
Sep 18, 2020 2:20 PM

Dec 2019
Sumi is so adorable, I love her! I wish she showed up earlier in the series, She is definitely my favorite character.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Sep 18, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2017
Its refreshing seeing Mami's appearance again.
Thank the gods.
Sep 18, 2020 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
My favourite until now was Ruka-chan, but Sumi is absolutely adorable!! I love her too omg! ><
Sep 18, 2020 2:46 PM

Jan 2020
Man chizu good but sumi new best girl to bad this shits about to end already.
Sep 18, 2020 2:47 PM

Feb 2020
What can I say... it is very interesting!

I'm pretty sure they already had S2 in planning from the get go, so they're not going to just wrap it up. Obviously Ruka is going to be invoked to help somehow cover up the ordeal. Though I have my suspicions that we are witnessing a transition into Chizuru having to pretend to be Kazuya's girlfriend in "real life" as well, if not give up the entire career on the spot.

The only thing that's sure, is they're gonna have to seriously bend over backwards to satisfy Mami.
Sep 18, 2020 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Takahashi Rie and her cute moaning <3
Anyway, I don't mind quiet type at all, but Sumi's case is a bit too extreme for me, even if she's really adorable.
rsc-plSep 18, 2020 3:01 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 18, 2020 3:35 PM

Jun 2020
Sumi is awesome, I can't wait to see her development as a character in the future.

As for what we just saw at the end, I am really excited as well as anxious for what is going to go down in the season finale. I definitely have to read the manga after I finish watching this season, because it was definitely enjoyable despite some of its flaws.
Have a great day!

Sep 18, 2020 3:45 PM

May 2020
Probably the episode I enjoyed the most. Sumi was really adorable, she seems completely normal, except for her shyness of course. By the way, I think she blushed in 95% of scenes she was in.
Kazuya didn't make me wanna punch him in the face again, looks like he's improving, or I just got used to him.
Mami found out about Kazuya's schemes, took her long enough, she should've suspected him when she saw him with Chizuru.
Inteterested on how they'll finish this out.
One more to go lads!
Sep 18, 2020 3:48 PM

Jul 2020
I WANT A SEASON 2! I need more Sumi
Sep 18, 2020 3:54 PM
Apr 2020
Where the hell was the best girl ruka chan
Sep 18, 2020 4:00 PM

Jun 2017
Hell yeah, Takahashi Rie nailed Sumi's character so well. The wait was worth it.
Sep 18, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
Beyond the appearance of the lovely Sumi. I liked the push that was given to the plot this chapter. A necessary twist prompted by Mami-chan. I was starting to get fed up with the eternal disagreements between Kazuya and Chizuru. It is appreciated that with this episode the story begins to unfold. Does anyone know if there will be a second season?
Sep 18, 2020 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
Sumi-chan is finally here and I really want a second season now. Such a cutie. Kazuya and Sumi really fit together honesty. They both can learn a lot from each other. Of course Mami reapears aswell. You have no harem rom-com without some drama.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 18, 2020 5:02 PM
Jul 2019
Ya know this is probably the only ep where I don't see Kazuya being this dickwand...for a while , til Mami shows up..

OMG it was Mami who booked Chizuru....BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 more to go.
Sep 18, 2020 5:20 PM

Jun 2020
Nefelupitou said:
I was forced to drop this anime, I just can't watch it anymore, I just paused the episode and kept looking at Sumi-chan's face

She is the best waifu of HISTORY, Jesusssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

respect my brother

Sep 18, 2020 5:21 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Sumi-chan finally appears. She's cute, but is extremely shy around strangers. The date between Kazuya and Sumi was awkward at first, but they started to for some type of chemistry towards the end. It was nice that Kazuya took the lead while Sumi was trying her best to try everything while dating. Mami appears again and spots Kazuya dating Sumi and starts to get jealous that he's dating both Chizuru and Sumi at the same time. Mami finds out that Sumi is a rental girlfriend along with Chizuru, so she's looking to expose Chizuru and Kazuya's fake relationship.
Sep 18, 2020 5:33 PM
Dec 2019
OMG, this was one of my favorite episodes. We had Sumi's first appearance and I have to say that I liked the way they told us about her story in the begin of the episode, it was different from Ruka's turn. We also had Mami-chan discovering the truth about Kazuya and Mizuhara. I'm very excite for the next and last episode of this season. I want to see how Kazuya Will deal with Mami-chan knowing the truth.
Sep 18, 2020 5:37 PM
Jul 2020
This was definitely one of the strongest episodes out of the whole series, in my opinion. It is getting a lil spicy

AKAceejayeSep 18, 2020 5:50 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.