Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2020 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
god that dotting grandpapa having plotted all of the students is the dumb soma shit i'm into ,once the trash Noir stuff got taken care of i actually enjoyed this episode for once but it's shocking how pointless all of that sub arc was that only worsen the quality of the show
Sep 19, 2020 7:55 PM

Feb 2020
Backstories for Saiba and Nakiri's parents were very generic, but was executed fairly well. One of the only episodes that had a fair bit of character development...

And wow they couldn't make it more obvious who would win LOL.

Can't believe next week is the season finale. This season was done so poorly that it felt like I watched the whole thing in 2 minutes - so forgettable.

Looking forward to how they will divert from the (apparently) awful manga ending!

"You... are truly slothful!"

Sep 19, 2020 10:25 PM

Jan 2016
So... Cross Knives were defeated pretty easily. Ngl we all knew this was obvious lol

HOWEVER, can't say the same for this final battle. I read that this anime version ends differently than the manga... Well, let's find out next week :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 20, 2020 1:03 AM

Feb 2015
I have a feeling next week will make or break the series and how people remember it.
Sep 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
Another very good episode. Finally, Senzaemon's plan is much better explained and detailed than the first version in season 3. Not only did they explain that, but the retcon makes more sense now. Although this season unfortunately carries fatal errors from the garbage of the fourth season, the author knew how to manage how to get out of that abyss in the last one.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 20, 2020 11:36 AM
Apr 2018
Gifting & Bursting at the same time! A treat for Eyes!

One more episode to wrap up the series.

Thank You :)
Sep 20, 2020 11:48 AM

Jan 2018
I don't understand 2 things can someone explain to me please? :
- What is really the characteristicts of the cross knives ?
- Who is the parents of Asahi ? maybe I didn't read something ?
Sep 20, 2020 1:26 PM
Nov 2015
This episode as SO hardcore. I am so proud of him, I was so worried.
Sep 20, 2020 1:45 PM

Apr 2018
We get to know more about Asami's past with Mana and the curse. Erina is desperately trying to win the BLUES competition to prove that she can cooks something worthy for her mom.
Sep 20, 2020 2:19 PM
Mar 2015
Ashai was an empty shell The Generation of Prodigies was created to overcome the God Tongue curse
Sep 20, 2020 2:27 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was great, I am excited to see what they create.
Sep 21, 2020 2:40 AM

Jun 2017
Erina was ready to leave everything to Saiba, but not Soma? I can't follow her reasoning. The episode was decent other than that. Soma's win was expected but I am not complaining. Less screen time for Saiba is always better.
Sep 21, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
Nice fanservice and Alice screen time. I'm about ready for this one to be over now.

Sep 22, 2020 1:52 AM

Mar 2013
As a manga reader, I would say this Episode is quite amazing considering they change some scenes with original scenes and still looks great.
And yeah, I do hope the Ending is better compared to the manga aswell because seeing this Episode It's way better take than the manga itself...

Yaaceen said:
I don't understand 2 things can someone explain to me please? :
- What is really the characteristicts of the cross knives ?
- Who is the parents of Asahi ? maybe I didn't read something ?

- Imo. Cross knives is kinda similar to Mimasaka's tracing ability, except that Asahi uses a combination of 2 knives or kitchen utensils that he stole from his opponents, learning them and making them into different ability and greatly increasing their potential in short time. In his battle against Yukihira he uses 5 utensils instead of 2 and I think explanation can be found when He's facing Tsukasa and Megumi few episodes back imo.
- It will be revealed in the Next Episode I presume... As manga reader, I wont spoil it but I think It's quite obvious if you notice some things Mana said in this episode.
Rio-Sep 22, 2020 1:57 AM
Sep 22, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2017
This episode made me realize how inconsistent Erina is, and how all the divine tongue stuff was implemented in this last arc. If the divine tongue was that bad, how did she recognize Soma's food as good at the very beginning of the series? Wasn't Soma supposed to be nowhere as good as he is now then?
I still can't understand how the divine tongue is affecting the Nakiri familly psychologically, especially with what I said before.
The author clearly didn't know how to handle Erina's development at all. Sometimes she supports Asahi (even though she's Tootsuki's director) with no reason, sometimes she supports Soma, sometimes she wants to defeat Soma in the tournament. Erina is just inconsistency after inconsistency.

I didn't like the "redemption" Azami had. I mean, his reasons were not bad at all, but he ruined many people's futures in Tootsuki academy and was no more than an annoyance to everyone.

At least Asahi and his group of cringe people are out...
Sep 22, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
i didn't really buy the way yukihira won, hadn't she tasted asahi's dishes before? his "emptiness" wasn't a problem then

also did they just suggest asahi is the son of erina's dad (forgot his name)? are they gonna explain that more lol? like did the guy cheat on his wife or something

i did like that they explained how all those kids from around the world ended up at totsuki. that was a nice touch
Sep 22, 2020 6:11 PM
Nov 2014
Asahi losing was surprisingly underwhelming, especially because of how much more ridiculously extra the cooking got towards the end there lol.

As always, the Gifting is one of the strangest concepts I've come across - right up there with cockroaches becoming humanoid aliens and killing people. I'll admit the show was consistent; I thought it was a gag but they stuck with it throughout all these seasons. If nothing else that's dedication.

So... is this the very last anime season??
Sep 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Oct 2018
Easily the best episode of the entire season! We get to know a lot of character backgrounds and motivations.
Next episode is the series finale huh. Will really miss this show.
Sep 23, 2020 5:27 AM

Oct 2018
SolitaryStranger said:
This episode made me realize how inconsistent Erina is, and how all the divine tongue stuff was implemented in this last arc. If the divine tongue was that bad, how did she recognize Soma's food as good at the very beginning of the series? Wasn't Soma supposed to be nowhere as good as he is now then?
I still can't understand how the divine tongue is affecting the Nakiri familly psychologically, especially with what I said before.
The author clearly didn't know how to handle Erina's development at all. Sometimes she supports Asahi (even though she's Tootsuki's director) with no reason, sometimes she supports Soma, sometimes she wants to defeat Soma in the tournament. Erina is just inconsistency after inconsistency.

I didn't like the "redemption" Azami had. I mean, his reasons were not bad at all, but he ruined many people's futures in Tootsuki academy and was no more than an annoyance to everyone.

At least Asahi and his group of cringe people are out...

Erina recognizes Soma's food as good in the beginning since she is still young and still has not experienced many flavors and dishes. Even Mana was able to eat Erina's and Azami's food normally as seen in the flashbacks and she was much older than Erina at that point. It was after years of tasting all kinds of food and nurturing her god tongue that she became unable to eat normal and imperfect food.

The god tongue basically means that the person can identify the smallest problems in the dishes. This is fine when you are young and it is not developed properly but once it has grown to a certain level, you would be able to taste even the smallest of the problems in the food which would ruin it for you. For example, if a good dish lacks some salt, you would still enjoy it despite recognizing that problem but if all you could taste was salt, you would hate it.

Erina wanted Asahi to win since she believed that his Crossed knives would help him create a new dish the world has not seen before. Since he can take and perfect any chef's ability, he can mix and use an infinite amount of techniques to possibly create something new. But now that Asahi is out, she believes she has to create the dish which would save her mother. She does not believe in Soma since she has known him and seen his cooking closely for more than an year. Even though he is a great cook, he has never made something which resembles what Mana wanted nor does he have any special skill like Asahi which he could use. He even was talking about mashing dishes together to create a new one when talking about the finals. That's why she lost all hope in him and now believes she is the only one who can fulfill her mom's wishes.

I'm not sure if my observations are true but this is how I interpreted them.
AdizcoolSep 23, 2020 6:36 AM
Sep 24, 2020 7:41 PM

Dec 2015
I thought most of the episodes this season were okay, but I liked the last two the most. I like how the whole gang came to support Soma when he was cooking against Saiba Asahi. The little interaction with Erina's parents was great. I loved how Erina's grandfather decided to make the cooking school too help his granddaughter and daughter break the god tongue curse and be able to enjoy food again. I like the little comment Soma made after he tasted Erina's sauce(?) before getting started on his.
Sep 24, 2020 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
holy moly! Grampa Nakiri was behind the scenes and all those young chef friends of Souma was recruited by oji-chan! He was pulling the string all along! and set the stage!
more to go!
5/5.

Sep 25, 2020 3:31 AM

Jul 2020
Finally a good episode from this season.

The whole 'Blue' arc is really the weakest in the entire Food Wars imo but yeah I'm still really hyped up for the final episode tomorrow.

Can't believe this series is finally closing its doors. Damn, I just hope it's gonna end on a high note.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 30, 2020 7:19 PM
May 2020
Bro i think i might become depressed when this show ends.
Oct 24, 2020 10:02 AM

Jun 2017
It would've been stupendously pleasant if Jouichirou told Asahi he will challenge him again to get his knife back.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 6, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2010
A episode I finally genuinely enjoyed an laughed in good spirits. Man I wanted erina to finally get her cherry popped but I guess dat can wait. Anyways damn this series is about to end? well shit...

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 13, 2021 6:36 PM

Mar 2016
What a way to show how much better your creation is compared to your opponent, Souma's dish managed to also get a gifting reaction from Mana, but not just any gifting, it's one that transcends disrobing and instead , shreds clothes, it's been a while since we see any gifting occurred let along their clothes shredding.

Asahi's shokugeki against souma was done quite well, the buildup to it was alright and the conclusion shown in this ep is good. Asahi failed, his dish is deemed 'empty' and the supposed invincible chef with a daddy issue left the area with his eyes down to the ground, get the fuck outta here you 1-shot-pony side character.

Now the real thing that's been awaited since S1, a proper rematch between Souma and Erina. At this point, Erina's main reason to be the one that cooks a dish for his mother is simply pride. Before, she is willing to let Asahi took on that role, now that Souma won, she would prefer if it's her instead. What a messy and conflicted mindset. The flashback of scenes from S1 are quite nostalgic.

A plot revelation by grandpa Nakiri himself. The Generation of prodigies grand plan was originally meant to save his daughter (Mana) but also manage to set the stage for prodigies to be cultivated into a renowned chef.

Jul 14, 2021 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
That was subpar. Nowhere the worst episode at least, but nothing that's great either. Senzaemon's plot was a bit ridiculous but hey, he's willing to do anything for his grandchild.
Apr 17, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really like that they are acting like they put together the gang on purpose, seems like some retcon crap to me.
Dec 25, 2022 12:00 AM
Oct 2014
Can we all take a moment to appreciate that Sōe Nakiri was flying around the planet recruiting prodigal child chefs from all these established restaurants & cooking competitions, only to somehow find Nao Sadatsuka in the middle of the d@mn woods?!

Dunno why, but that's probably the highlight of this episode for me [font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]🤷[/font]
Mar 3, 2023 3:26 PM

Jul 2022
"Pero no te quejes si Souma engulle a tu nieta" xDDD

Jun 10, 2023 10:41 PM

Mar 2014
Bruh are you telling me he was going after his half-sister this whole time??
Jun 11, 2023 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Vysarine said:
Bruh are you telling me he was going after his half-sister this whole time??
I hope not… 🙏
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I’m still mad that Joichiro lost to Saiba lol. And especially when Joichiro is ALWAYS acting so cool and high and mighty

The trick to becoming a good chef is to have someone to dedicate your cooking to? Is that true?? Saiba doesn’t have anyone and he still beat Joichiro haha, then Soma beat Saiba

Idk bruh

Good ep tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

71 by aod-kun »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.