Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 21, 2023 8:16 PM
Jan 2020
HERMOSA MARAVILLOSA
Aug 23, 2023 9:07 PM
Jan 2018
Fantastic.

As much as I hate to compare any two works, this movie hit just as hard as Clannad After Story.
Aug 27, 2023 6:45 PM

Jan 2020
A pinky promise.....really ? Why not a thumbs up instead ? Remove the Yuris' story from the movie and Gillete ship would have a better end scene I guess....

Also, the movie would benefit from removing the granddaughter of a character from a future episode narrating the past at the beginning. It was a nice addition but would have been better placed at the end of the movie to avoid spoiling the story. Especially when she reveals that Violet quitted at age 18 and no further news about her....add that with the facthat Gilbert is still alive......it paints a pretty clear picture already which eliminates all the tension and uncertainty whether they will end up together or not....

I think it is also confirmed that Violet is a superhuman given her superhuman strength and like how could you hear someone from that distance...it is damn far away with the noise of sea and birds in the vicinity...

Nonetheless....this is a solid ending to the series....
Sep 23, 2023 5:02 PM
Sep 2023
i love the graphics of the movie and the story line
Oct 22, 2023 12:07 AM

Oct 2013
Underwhelming conclusion to such great series, even though the production quality was as high as you'd expect from a movie and from something belonging to the Violet Evergarden anime franchise.

TV series and the first movie were perfect; special episode was great; this one? Well, it had a lot of messy moments, dragged out scenes, soft retcon of Violet's character (compared to what we could see in ep. 13 of the original series, it was more like a character regression), and some more. Was it entertaining to watch? Sure it was. It's a shame to have such mediocre ending for such a great series. At least people like me, who didn't enjoy the epilogue movie, might just return to watching pure kino in the form of the previous installments of Violet Evergarden anime.

I'd personally prefer to stay with the idea of open ending, and have the second movie focus more on Yuris' story instead, excluding those parts about Gilbert and putting a different story there instead.

On a side note, I was naive to think that perhaps Violet Evergarden will be free from the typical "melodrama cryfest" you'd expect from something created by KyoAni, lol. If it didn't appear earlier, then the movie was prolly the last chance for the aforementioned generic KyoAni writing, lol.
AdnashOct 22, 2023 12:14 AM
Nov 6, 2023 10:05 AM
Oct 2023
This anime is really good.
Nov 8, 2023 3:24 AM
Dec 2022
Um dos melhores animes que já assisti, maravilhoso em tudo.
Nov 26, 2023 10:29 PM

Dec 2019
Don't make me cry this much, for fuck's sake.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Nov 26, 2023 11:46 PM
Jul 2023
ainda tentando decodificar tudo que eu senti assistindo toda trajetória da violet e o que eu sinto ahora pós-maratona
tristeza genuína
Jan 8, 3:07 PM
Feb 2018
Finally got around to watch this movie, 4 years it has been they deserved the closure, their story does, and so I put an end to my wait, still how alien it seems to hold dear someone not related to you this much, how tender unlike the flesh I've woven can't help but envy them, perhaps much like those two I am finding myself guided by unforgotten voices like a bird in nameless sky and so one day I will
Jan 10, 4:49 AM
Jan 2024
I fucking cried irl.
Jan 10, 9:49 PM
May 2022
the only reason I wont give it a 10/10 is simply bc I nearly cried but more so I just feel more sad than anything, the perfect doll that's all I can say.
Jan 29, 3:31 AM
Jun 2023
ye it will my favourite
Feb 9, 9:34 AM
Feb 2024
There was so much good buildup just for them to completely fumble the ending (in my opinion).
Feb 27, 3:24 PM
Oct 2023
Dear Violet Evergarden,

Today, I watched you and the emotions you stirred within me still linger. Getting lost in your enchanting world and witnessing the thrilling adventures of your characters was truly magnificent.

Your story, which drew me in, was a journey that made me think, feel, and sometimes laugh. The time I spent with you made me forget the real world and stretched the limits of my imagination.

I am grateful to your creators, actors, and the entire team. The effort of everyone involved in bringing you to life is truly commendable. Thanks to you, even for a moment, I came to understand the beauties and complexities of life more deeply.

Thank you for the experience you gave me. Your story will be an unforgettable memory for me.

With warm regards,

Feanethil
Mar 6, 3:53 AM

Feb 2013
Will never understand why this anime is so hyped. Gilbert should stay dead (sorry bro) and such ending qould be 100 times better. But they always need to make happy ending in such animes...This is not a Disney movie pls. Life is not like that. Peopl don't go to war, are lost and considered dead and then miraculously are found alive on some island xD Also, I don't buy Gilbert's explanation why he didn't want to meet Violet.
I felt a little sad when Yuris died. Other that that? The movie left me with no emotions. Will probably never go back to this universe, it's not worth it.

Mar 6, 7:43 PM
Jan 2024
shit anime

ga ada entot entotan
Mar 7, 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
I felt like Yuris plot was kinda pointless, wanted to see more of the Violet/Gil relationship play out. I hope they adapt the after story novel as well, absolutely enjoyed and adored the violet evergarden TV anime and movies.
Mar 9, 1:16 PM
Senpai

May 2021
Animation and music 10/10 for SoL/Romance.
Story was bad ( the sidestory was good).
It just did not make much sense that he was alive and she would be there forever.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 28, 6:40 AM
Sep 2019
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Apr 9, 2:37 PM
Apr 2023
The best anime movie I've ever watched
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Romance between gilbert and violet ( 1 2 )

NaCreamy - May 7, 2021

70 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:53 AM

» The ending is horrible in my opinion ( 1 2 3 )

HeSaidArise - Sep 3, 2023

104 by EntireInternet »»
Mar 24, 2:33 PM

» Usagi Drop similarities (spoiler)

RealNath - Jan 26

14 by veroubri »»
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

» Should I watch the movie or TV show first?

Damon_dinh - Aug 9, 2023

29 by Ronaldthompson »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:50 AM

» Why I do not like Violet ( 1 2 )

theeblueberry - Jun 13, 2023

54 by Pityfool »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.