Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2020 9:30 PM

Feb 2015
In the beginning I didn’t like the CGI creature, fortunately it didn’t do too much and now we’re surrounded by them. I don’t understand Kaburagi’s plan, controlling Deca-Dence and then what, it can’t move and the only way to end this is destroying the remaining gadolls, assuming that the giant one is not gonna wake up any more. Hugin and that faces floating ball is interesting, that faces ball is the final boss then.
Sep 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, Shit is hitting the fan, non existence is just a hour away. Scary that its true.. we all wait just for that final ending known as death. its up to us to decide what to do before that time comes, there is no fucking time to be stalling.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2020 4:05 PM
Apr 2016
one of the weakest episode so far. A lot of unecessary cliche and drama.
Sep 18, 2020 7:17 PM

Oct 2008
Another fantastic episode, and the scene between Kaburagi and Minato was great and the script has even word plays!
5/5!

Sep 19, 2020 1:06 AM

May 2015
Natsumes imagination of Kabus avatar was 10/10
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 19, 2020 4:35 PM
Dec 2017
How in the hell did Minato get to Deca Dence, and why are there no defenses/security system at the core, that makes no sense.
Sep 19, 2020 6:08 PM
Feb 2014
I was expecting the robot to be a lot smaller than they are in comparison to humans. Also I wasnt a fan of the story's progression but it's an interesting way to go about it. I feel like the story had a lot more potential in allowing people to gradually find out how the world really works and exploring outside of deca dence. The way the story is going is pretty good too.
Dokia
Sep 20, 2020 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
I loved the part when Natsume met Kabu's friends and tried to imagine how would Kabu's cyborg form look lol
Sep 20, 2020 1:20 PM

Apr 2018
The CGI wasnt that bad but the ep was definitely really good. That Gadoll tho is op af.
Sep 23, 2020 1:01 AM
Mar 2019
Was so excited to see an all-out battle between the mutated Gadoll and the Gears/Tankers based on the spoilers I read but it ended up,,,, well not really that big but there was a fight scene and that INTRO and the mutated Gadoll pulling off a Shin Godzilla/Ramiel laser thing towards Solid Quake HQ holyshit was hella intense so I'll take it. Still 5/5 for Natsume and Jill meeting -- I'm itching to make fanart using Jill's avatar hnnngg

The last episode will probably make me cry, and Deca-Dence would be one of my go-to anime shows this year if I wanted to feel excitement over something short and unique.

Observation: Idk if anyone else has noticed but the ratings bumped up here. Deca-Dence used to be around 7.20-ish, now it's at around .40! Small victory but a victory nonetheless!

homoerotic subtext once again for minato and kaburagi dear lord thank you for the meal
Sep 23, 2020 1:07 AM
Mar 2019
Dokia said:
I was expecting the robot to be a lot smaller than they are in comparison to humans. Also I wasnt a fan of the story's progression but it's an interesting way to go about it. I feel like the story had a lot more potential in allowing people to gradually find out how the world really works and exploring outside of deca dence. The way the story is going is pretty good too.

I really wish NUT made more episodes for it. I feel like the world-building had been cramped in a few corners to make up for the lack of episodes -- it wasn't that bad and honestly they did it nicely so I don't think I mind too much, but I just know that there should be a lot more to it than what we're presented.
Sep 23, 2020 3:18 AM

Mar 2009
Sharpedon said:
deg said:
we are in the endgame now

ye there is no perfect system so a bug will eventually destroy the very system anyway (entropy and devolution or decadence (synonym of degeneracy or corruption) right there)

There are actually two kinds of "bugs" : that of entropy, which cannot be avoided (at least in a closed system) and the "bugs" of evolution, or more precisely the bugs (DNA mutations and errors) which are the driving force of evolution. These latter "bugs" should not be avoided, since they generate biodiversity, and I strongly doubt they can be rooted out anyway, except perhaps in the short term.

These two "bugs" have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and yet it is the latter bug, which drives evolution, which led to a situation that would normally be excepted from entropy. The hubris of the cyborgs, as Jill would point out, led them to believe that they could genetically engineer these Gadoll while rooting out their evolution, bizarrely considering it a "bug".

The torture and abuse of the original "pet" Gadoll at the Gadoll factory and its resulting hate of the abuser (the psycho Gadoll factory manager), combined perhaps with the pressure due to the impending end of the entire species (Jill's hypothesis) generated this unique evolutionary trait which is beyond the control of the System, as I pointed out last week.
I wonder how that "compression device" (which, apparently, greatly increases or decreases the atmospheric pressure inside the dome) will be stopped next week. Will the System abort the countdown if Kaburagi kills the mega-bug or will it not?

Thank you. It's annoying when people keep calling this bad writing. That little abused and tortured Gadoll, which, honestly, seemed like a throwaway thing at first, ended up being a Chekhov's gun.

So sad this is ending in a few hours. The ending to this episode was quite hype.
Sep 23, 2020 10:29 AM
Feb 2014
lostamxngstars said:
Dokia said:

I really wish NUT made more episodes for it. I feel like the world-building had been cramped in a few corners to make up for the lack of episodes -- it wasn't that bad and honestly they did it nicely so I don't think I mind too much, but I just know that there should be a lot more to it than what we're presented.

I agree. There was more story potential. It was done well enough with the episodes they have but still makes me feel like there could have been more.
Dokia
Sep 23, 2020 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
that gadoll's punch was something straight out of Bowser's Inside Story's giant boss battles.
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left
Sep 28, 2020 3:12 PM

Nov 2019
Lmao..... i wanted to see how Natsume would react if she found of what Kabu looked like......

still very much love Natsume and very nice episode at that
Oct 19, 2020 9:52 PM

Aug 2017
Death flags for Kabu! Is he going to die? Mmmmm. I feel this episode rushed, probably the only thing that makes sense at this point is Jill's past and Minato and Kabu relationship!

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 1, 2020 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
Holy shit you can login to that Deca-Dence, totally unexpected
Dec 19, 2020 8:00 PM

Aug 2019
wow things really getting ramped up now, big Gadoll sure has a face only a mother could love, i'll give it that much. Asides from that its got some mean fire power, ripped deca dence to pieces and even managed to hit the robots society space zeppelin.
Kaburagi getting installed straight into deca dence will be interesting to watch, honestly when they said that, i for some reason pictured it to be the equivalent of me sticking a USB stick into a wall socket in my house and expecting results.

God the music, something about the music that just hit's different i swear. Honestly, if i'd remember this anime for something, it would probably be the cute robots, and the killer OST.

Natsume actually has such a kind soul, i mean she took being told that her quite literal world, was artificial and controlled by some higher force and being made into that of a game. Seeing all the real players, ngl she acted pretty well, i definitely would of freaked the hell out for a minute if i saw that idk my next door neighbour was actually artificial, and the person controlling it was a small robot.
Dec 31, 2020 9:33 AM

Jul 2015
Oh man I really respect studio NUT's animators for pulling of the artstyl as it's amazing to see the two artstyles of the chibi's and the tankers together. Really excited for the last episode as I have no clue how they are going to finish this.

Feb 12, 2021 11:24 PM

Oct 2010
so the gadoll survived because he wasn't chipped and he became so large because of the oxyone from the cyborgs' avatars, decent explanation.
I was expecting a bit that Natsume will meet up with Kabu but I guess it won't happen, it was cool seeing her with the other cyborgs though. The last episode cliffhanger killed me, glad they resolved it quickly and Natsume was ok.
I am very much prepared for the last episode, it should be fire
Apr 13, 2021 4:53 PM

Mar 2016
Natsume is such a lovable person, man. Big things happening. Wonder what the final result will be.

Alright, maaaaaybe the bots are a tiny little bit cute. Maybe. Still not a big fan of the big dudes fighting. Reminds me of power rangers and mech. Bleh.

Final episode here I come!

Apr 22, 2021 11:42 PM

Dec 2013
I like Natsume's reaction to the robots. They look like toys a bit. Her image of what her boss looks like was hilarious.

Time for a giant robot battle?
May 6, 2022 8:26 PM

Jul 2021
Heh So, Jill left Natsume in the procedure, quite a little cliche IMO and they really do need more of that robot-fighting giant monsters segment.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 11, 2022 3:42 PM

Nov 2022
The shot of the Gadoll laser clashing with the Solid Cannon was so sick. Can’t believe that thing actually hit the cyborg ship. How is everyone going to avoid being deleted now?

Cyborg Kaburagi and Natsume barely crossing paths was a great moment. I got what I was hoping for, a normal person interacting with the cyborgs! It was a nice moment, Natsume is adorable.

Minato and Kaburagi are bros to the end. I hope Kaburagi doesn’t die in the last episode, but they set things up for an awesome finale.
Jan 12, 2023 6:19 AM
Sep 2013
Pacing felt off and the avatar interactions are cute!
Jan 14, 2023 6:54 PM
Aug 2019
It was entertaining.
May 30, 2023 5:21 AM

Dec 2022
I was kinda hoping to see Natsume and Cyborg Kabu side by side. She's always been much shorter than his Avatar, so seeing her being the tallest would be so good.
Aug 14, 2023 7:06 PM
Aug 2023
What a banger of an episode. the giant Gadoll is pretty cool, but I hope it is killed and all of its kids too. sounds mean, but I hope humanity gets to live on. I'm happy the Commander ends up switching over to the rebels and helping them. Godspeed, Bugs!
Feb 26, 9:34 PM

Jul 2021
A solid episode i like the way this is going. The new enemy is one tough guy and sniping at the people outside of Deca Dence is crazy,

The cgi is decent i guess but the fight was nice.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

240 by DebiPS »»
Apr 15, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2020

123 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

126 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

112 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

137 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.