Forum Settings
Forums

Do you try to compare characters with different anime?

Sep 15, 9:53 PM

For example, Hinata from Haikyuu and Deku from My hero academia are very similar. They never give up. They try their full 100% of their power to reach their goal. Their friends also support them. What about you guys? Do you try to compare characters with different animes that are similar to each other? If so which characters would you compare?

Sep 15, 10:47 PM

Lelouch in Code Geass and Light from Death Note.
-both wanted to rule over hte world
-both intelligent MCs
-both have power to control others' lives and
-

I used the thumbs-up Kazuma photo so you can cheer up.

Sep 15, 11:32 PM

Eren_Midoriya said:
Lelouch in Code Geass and Light from Death Note.
-both wanted to rule over hte world
-both intelligent MCs
-both have power to control others' lives and
-

Thank you for adding massive spoiler code.I have code geass in my watch list.

Sep 15, 11:45 PM

Oh no.
Archetypes?

Nobody told be there will be archetypes!

Sep 16, 12:08 AM

Yeah, Homura and Eren.

Sep 16, 1:25 AM

I tried comparing characters like Maetel or Emeraldas to characters from other anime but everyone keeps falling short. Leiji Matsumoto makes the best female and male characters.

Sep 16, 1:52 AM

I've always thought Miko Iino is really similar to Azusa Nakano, Mugi is really similar to Miyuki from Lucky star. As I'm watching Lotgh too Yang and Reinhard give me L vs Light vibes

Sep 16, 1:55 AM

the only people i can really think of at the top of my head are subaru and okabe
also lelouch and light yagami

Sep 16, 2:11 AM
No not really I rarely compare characters from one show to the other.
Only time a comparison comes up if it turns out to be an easter egg or homage.
Like in Detective Conan with the Gundam Homage

Sep 16, 2:25 AM

Yes, Tobio Kageyama from Haikyuu!! and
Kakeru Kurahara from Run with the Wind

Sep 16, 2:54 AM

Ad12345 said:
For example, Hinata from Haikyuu and Deku from My hero academia are very similar. They never give up. They try their full 100% of their power to reach their goal. Their friends also support them. What about you guys? Do you try to compare characters with different animes that are similar to each other? If so which characters would you compare?

basically every shounen characters never give up and always win at the end, if u ask this kind of question, then u might be compare all shounen characters from luffy, naruto, hinata, deku, tanjiro, tsubasa, etc
Not yet..

Sep 16, 3:36 AM

Any muscular, stoic and badass lead inevitably reminds me of Kenshiro. But that's a good thing, as I love when protagonists fit this archetype. Riki-Oh for example is very similar.

Sep 16, 4:40 AM

Not really, I don't like comparing characters to others. They would be some obvious similarities, but then people are similar too right? I like keeping them separated, and also sometimes it isn't that fair to compare. But if I try to overthink something about character similarities I'm going to end up discovering something I didn't want to discover.

Sep 16, 5:43 AM

SoftImpaler said:
I tried comparing characters like Maetel or Emeraldas to characters from other anime but everyone keeps falling short. Leiji Matsumoto makes the best female and male characters.

Change ur avatar to this so ignorant people like me can know who leiji matsumoto is

Thanks
If u r an anime Fan u have to like JoJo,Thats just a fact~TheAnimeMan aka Joey
11 away from 69 friends HELP MEE

Sep 16, 5:47 AM
In terms of what , power? Death battle? That's some shit stuff . Development , characteristics ? Yeah I compared 8man to Ayanokouji and Oreki

Sep 16, 5:51 AM
Just like any form of media there are usually just basic character bases depending on where you want to lead your show or story.
It makes sense to compare them.

Sep 16, 6:00 AM

Erwin_Danchou said:
SoftImpaler said:

Change ur avatar to this so ignorant people like me can know who leiji matsumoto is

Thanks

I don't need to. Thanks to my persistent spreading of the gospel of Leiji heathens such as yourself already know about him. It works, you are living proof.

Sep 16, 6:04 AM

in a visual sense, yes. like how many reiclones there are and such.

Sep 16, 6:28 AM

Welcome to tropes, OP. We hope you have a good stay. Sooner or later you'll be saying 2 or more anime are basically the same. Because they are.

Sep 16, 9:03 AM

Lelouch from Code Geass and Light from Death Note.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 17, 3:35 AM
Cygames Slave
I usually do this with characters sharing the same VA (Tanya/Madoka). I do this mainly with my faves from Granblue Fantasy and/or Arknights, though. It's funnier that way.