Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yami's got a responsiblity now and his squad depends on it. Nozel also participates in the mission to save Nero and Marie.

I actually thought this episode was kinda thrilling as anything could happen and every second count.
Sep 15, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
Don't tell me Asta is going to be asleep for this arc... lol

Sep 15, 2020 5:17 AM

Jan 2014
This episode hit real deep for me. Cause while you can be mad about these guys, but at same time, gotta feel for them.
Sep 15, 2020 5:26 AM
Sep 2015
Yami is usually calmer than this, but since this anime original episode is supervised by the author, I'll welcome this passionate Yami.
Sep 15, 2020 5:31 AM
Apr 2020
Only Noelle's kiss can wake up Sleeping Asta! lmao

Nozel and Gauche: same energy, same sister complex. lol

Time to invade the enemies' base!

Sep 15, 2020 6:03 AM

May 2020
I undertsand why they are going with this filler arc and the studios' needs, and while it is actually really grounded in the world's events, i just can't bring myself to care anymore
i'm fed up with these fillers man

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Sep 15, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
A serious Yami is always welcomed.

I wonder what will happen to Gauche after. I don't think anything will happen though.

Sep 15, 2020 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
I guess Asta will be out of commission for the time being. Having him active would end the conflict faster, so he had to be put to sleep for the sake of drama lul.

Seeing Yami so worried for his subordinates was so sweet.
Gauche as always causing troubles with his sister complex, good thing he had Julius and his squadmates to cover his ass.
Sep 15, 2020 8:53 AM
Oct 2019
The fillers really haven't been as bad as most seem to have taken them for me. I get that it's frustrating to stray so long from the canon material, but I'm sure too that the animators would love to dig into the manga content just as hastily as we would like to.

There's only been a few episodes really across this filler period that I distinctly disliked, but even so this hasn't been a hard time to watch the show at all for me.

With how most react to seeing another filler, you'd think the show had been ridden with them before hand to. I'm more grateful that they churned on through the manga content for so long uninterrupted tbh.

A pretty good episode overall imo, had a bit of an awkward ending and next week does look to be a bit inactive but nonetheless, pretty great.

Also expecting Asta to wake up later on at a crucial time to save Nero or intervene in a fight of some sort, very much building some potential for an epic moment :p
Sep 15, 2020 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
The caring part of Yami is so nice.

Freaking Gauche with his stupid sister complex. Luckily Julis got his back.
Sep 15, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
Someone just needs to chop that scales guy in half, im bored of his self righteous attitude and the faster he is removed the better. Although, if the scales dont balance where will we be. Probably a lot like in the USA where people belonging to Antifa and Blm are burning down towns and cities.

Even our service personal traveling in to save there comrades are unsure why it is untouched or given the massive undertaken rebuilding effort what is going on here.

I can only suspect the elements of Antifa and blm has taken control of the village and are not allowing help to arrive, so it can continue to poisonous the minds of those who are suffering most after the elf awakening and subsequent attack.

I guess the perpetrators need brought to justice. But have they cast a spell over the world where no one can see this towns suffering or the hatred for others it is cultivating while everywhere else is being helped by the clover kingdom collective.

Oh jeez. What an episode. See you next week folks!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 15, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
Nothing much happened in this episode, this is the first filler arc in BC and it's not looking promising at all. I wanna skip this arc tbh.
Sep 15, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
The filler arc's troubles are just geting started with Marie and Nero's kidnapping, Asta's deep sleep of a magic potion.

Captain Yami...this is only one of a few times where he is extremely pissed off, and it's honestly a VERY GOOD welcome of the time he hasn't been in action since the Elves Reincarnation arc.

Gauche was quite bold to go straight for Damnatio without understanding the overall situation, and it's a deal-breaker. But with Julius's interference, everything is resolved except the danger impending. Nozel helping out with the rescue mission for once was a surprise, but mostly being sibling flattery.

Quite interested to see how this'll advance.
Sep 15, 2020 12:58 PM
May 2020
I just hope the pacing was a bit better. I also hope that they didn't use sleep potion to just keep asta out of the arc.
Sep 15, 2020 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
To think that the MC is gonna sit out this arc XD Not a bad filler episode. Nero with big brain plays putting on Asta's tracking bracelet!

Gauche and his sister complex... I know it was bad before, but this was infuriating.
Sep 15, 2020 1:10 PM

May 2018
I really would've love that Damnatio to teach Gauche some manners............
Sep 15, 2020 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

I would have liked to see Damnatio being punched in the face by Yami for last time.
Sep 15, 2020 1:14 PM

May 2018
Ulquiorra said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

I would have liked to see Damnatio being punched in the face by Yami for last time.

Good luck for that ....................................LOL
Sep 15, 2020 3:07 PM

Sep 2017
Pacing slower than I was expecting for this arc. Hard to say how long this will last. They have the potential for something pretty nice here having Yami and Finral find one of the girls who started this whole thing.
Sep 15, 2020 3:45 PM

Sep 2019
eso-JAR said:
3 more fillers episodes.

How you know that?
Sep 15, 2020 6:46 PM

Jul 2017
well the Gauche siscon just turned up a notch lul.

But from the looks of it, hoping to see some more badass Yami in this arc
Sep 15, 2020 11:08 PM
Apr 2017
Wow! Non-magic sleeping potion!?
Sep 16, 2020 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
Ao_Blue said:
Only Noelle's kiss can wake up Sleeping Asta! lmao

Nozel and Gauche: same energy, same sister complex. lol

Time to invade the enemies' base!

love this one... i wish that one could happen... hahaha
Sep 16, 2020 5:59 AM
Oct 2019
G G team, let's go lol
Sep 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Jul 2020
Everytime I look at those Devil Banisher mask I have to question why they would make those look like devils when you hate 'em

Anyways looks like Asta gon be asleep for this arc, looks like other squad members are gon be doing all the job for now
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Sep 16, 2020 11:58 AM
Feb 2020
Seeing Yami pist & that he really cares about his team is great!

Also, hearing Gordon speak is always great. Thinking of how he started with barely a wisper, that was never acknowledged, to now being able to hold a conversation and be heard is so heartwarming.

I didn't think I'd like this arc after last weeks episode, but this one has got me cheerful.
Sep 17, 2020 12:09 AM

Oct 2008
Gauche is so crazy he doesn't care about shouting in disrespect for everyone!
petit clover is hilarious!
5/5.

Sep 17, 2020 12:39 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
There is a long way still to episode 151.
Sep 17, 2020 9:45 AM

May 2014
Love how they can keep the character interactions as fun as usual. It's really impressive to have this much interesting dialogue and story in a filler episode.

Sep 17, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2020
I like how Yami just acknowledges the fact that the Black Bulls literally were defeated by "lame-ass" tricks. It is like he understands how these shuonens work, lul...
Sep 22, 2020 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Like expected Gauche went absolute nuts. And with that the Black Bulls again clashing with Damnatio which luckily got solved by Julius for the moment. I wonder what Gauches punishment will be. But it's weird. You can't tell me Damnatio didn't recognize the words Gauche told him about.

I also totally forgot about the vessel Asta got after the trial. Very clever move of Nero taking it and showing her current location with it.

I loved that little bantering between Yami and Nozel :D

Petit Clover was also very funny.

Sep 23, 2020 6:54 AM

Aug 2019
Amazing episode like always
Sep 27, 2020 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
Lmao, loved the way everyone entered Damnatio's office. Looks like Yami has a big responsibility now. Plus, the way he cares for his team is so sweet.

Nozel: I'm only coming because I don't want to lose any memembers for the upcoming battle.
Me: he definitely has a sister complex like Gauche.

Looks like there's gonna be a big battle soon.
UniqueOtaku101Sep 27, 2020 4:43 PM
Oct 5, 2020 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
FuseBomber said:
The fillers really haven't been as bad as most seem to have taken them for me. I get that it's frustrating to stray so long from the canon material, but I'm sure too that the animators would love to dig into the manga content just as hastily as we would like to.

There's only been a few episodes really across this filler period that I distinctly disliked, but even so this hasn't been a hard time to watch the show at all for me.

With how most react to seeing another filler, you'd think the show had been ridden with them before hand to. I'm more grateful that they churned on through the manga content for so long uninterrupted tbh.

A pretty good episode overall imo, had a bit of an awkward ending and next week does look to be a bit inactive but nonetheless, pretty great.

Also expecting Asta to wake up later on at a crucial time to save Nero or intervene in a fight of some sort, very much building some potential for an epic moment :p

Yeah. I can get people's frustrations with the fillers since they don't have any real impact on the story. But at the same time, the anime would be at risk for being placed on pause or possibly cancelled. So for now, we'll just have to wait until the content of the manga is at a safe distance from the anime to be adapted.
Oct 20, 2020 8:32 PM
Aug 2017
Oh my gawwwwthey kidnapped nero
Oct 30, 2020 6:21 PM
Jul 2020
this series is so mid; still can't stop watching it though smh
Jan 17, 2021 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
Damn, a filler arc longer than 2 episodes. Nice, seems interesting. Also that part before the opening is actually scarry.
Alex_TheForestJan 17, 2021 1:33 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 5, 2021 6:28 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting arc! Im enjoying it a lot. Very funny too!

Feb 24, 2021 11:51 AM
May 2012
I know this is anime canon only but super confused why no one even thought to bring Dorothy into this. Even if its not magic I feel like someone with magic powers directly relating to sleep would be at least worth a shot.

Also last episode they think Asta is a devil so they trick him by using his sympathy???? Hoping that's a intentional contradiction for that group and will be brought back up in the future saying something along the lines of "we know you're a good person, we just needed someone to blame"
May 2, 2021 9:29 PM

Mar 2016
Again, this is a good filler arc but...

I agree with Yami here, for a 500 years old forbidden magic user and a guy with a powerful anti-magic and monstrous strength...
THEY SURE FELL FOR A LAME-ASS TRICK!!!

Ridiculous... So pathetic, it's downright idiotic.

Jun 22, 2021 7:04 AM

Jun 2020
As they continued their mystery in solving who kidnapped Nero and Marie and what happened to Asta Marx appeared and Damnatio was interrogated

As I have said why don't they look at Asta's memories for proof that the Devil wasn't his' Marx is right there they just need to bring Asta for god's sake, Seems Damnatio is innocent at least he wasn't the one that pulled this scheme, Gauche needs to take a moment from being an asshat he doesn't care if it's old or has power

They went to Tiulyu which was a run-down town that hasn't much recovered alongside Nozel which was a great addition to this mission and Julius supports it.

(P.C. Nice it's back and here we go again with the misunderstandings amusing though to see Yami in different kinds of activities)
Aug 6, 2021 8:31 AM

Mar 2015
Wow this one is getting serious, two captains are to the rescue.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Jul 2015
Yami is already quite the rude one but Gauche definitely takes the crown in being rude to everyone lol.

Marx with more useful ability should've been the one working in court rather than Damnatio, but I guess the nobles wouldn't like that.

Mar 7, 2022 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was better directed than last one, but not much happened in this episode. I can say one thing that this arc is completely unpredictable for me!
May 10, 2022 9:58 PM
Oct 2020
Does no one in the Black Bulls know how to use a door? lol
Yami comes crashing in making the grandest entrance of all.
I wonder if Gauche just happens to have a picture of Marie with him. Ya think?
Yay for Petit Clover, finally! Another play on words.
Banisher? I hardly know her. Ba dum tiss.
The caricature of Yami always cracks me up!
May 26, 2022 10:02 AM

Jun 2021
look at the grass in the op
deep fried lettuce

^i snitched this from a dude's forum signature^

Jul 16, 2022 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Damnatio sure likes to joke. "Just because i had them kidnapped once before and it happend to the exact same people again and they even used my catchprase, what has that do with me?".

At least he got his priorities straight. After a one second check by Marx, who while so far to be above all suspicion is not exactly a neutral party he declares himself innocent (which he is not - he doesn't know about it, but his subordinates did it, which makes him responsible, all the more so given that he is the one judging people), but he's not even interested in getting Marie and Nero back for a proper trial, instead he laser focuses on Gauche for suspecting him for doing something that he already did just a couple of weeks ago and wants to put him away for life.

Given that he himself basically committed high treason (he bypassed two of the three royal houses for his sham trial..), that's a high horse to sit on..

Also, that healer in the capital is a joke. I mean, he might technically be a capable healer, but he's basically a running gag by now. Not once was he actually capable of solving the issue at hand, at best he has some theories on what the issue might be. I wonder why they even go to him. Maybe Gordon can take a year off after this and study with his father, so the Black Bulls have their own recovery mage.
Dec 1, 2022 3:39 PM

Mar 2010
to think them randos would get this far, but it seems they will have shit hit da fan for em.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 11, 2023 3:03 PM
Oct 2023
lmao the clash between damnatio and the black bulls is just awesome. but julius luckily saved their asses. but yeah will be interesting to see what happens next with the devil banishers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 136 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 28, 2020

72 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.