Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should MAL implement Forum reactions
Sep 15, 2020 1:42 AM

Aug 2016
Are there any people that would be interested in being able to like or react to forum posts?

For example if someone found something funny or interesting. I would think it could be nice to react other user's posts. Give them the recognition they deserves xd

I know some people don't like the idea, because your own comments could be washed out by others because of likes or that some people farm for likes etc, or that people get sad because their comment didn't get any reaction

I understand both sides to as if we should or should not add, but i'm interested in hearing what other people has to say about this.

Sep 15, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
That's not how forums work.
Sep 15, 2020 10:58 AM

Aug 2020
If I want to react to someone's post I will quote them and type up a response. I don't need random passive-aggressive people clicking the dislike because they are too lazy to tell my why they disagree with me.

Isn't this basically the same as the like/dislike button suggestion a few threads ago?
Sep 15, 2020 1:08 PM

Nov 2017
cythraul said:

so many forums work that way

plz @ me
Sep 16, 2020 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
024 said:
cythraul said:

so many forums work that way
Maybe some popular social media platforms and message boards but the thing is that it makes people scared to post sometimes and then there is also this bunch who starts fishing for likes/similar.
Sep 17, 2020 10:12 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Personally, I liked Gaia Online's forum tip feature, where if you liked a post, you could discreetly leave a tip instead of having everyone see that it's been liked by however many people. The latter does sometimes devolve into a popularity contest.

However, Gaia has a game currency, so it's a little different. It'd be cool if MAL had some type of point system where that type of system would be relevant-- like gain a certain amount of points to be used in the manga store for manga, a fixed discount on manga, or something. Or if MAL had a merch store then one could use it for merch. Or I guess for MAL Supporter. I know deviantART kinda uses their point system in that way. If you accumulate enough points from others then you can use those to get a subscription. It's not connected to the forums though, but for MAL it could be.

Also, some way to prevent folks from just making a bunch of accounts and giving themselves points to get more discounts, but there are a lot of ways that can be worked around.
Or something like all of that. It wouldn't have to be exactly like any of that.

So in short, I'm okay with that but maybe with like tipping as the reaction.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria

More topics from this board

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
4 hours ago

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.