Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2020 12:28 AM

Jan 2010
I know that she has moved on to bigger projects now but c'mon. This?
And the fact that this show is rumored to be 7-cour is just more salt to the wound.
Raiden_Sep 15, 2020 12:42 AM

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 15, 2020 1:57 AM

May 2012
Where did you hear the 7 cour rumor ??

7 cour means 84 to 91 episode (depends if cour is 12 or 13 episodes) which means 3.83 to 4.15 chapters per episode if they cover the whole manga. Much faster pace than original version which had 1.91 chapter average per episode (88 chapters in 46 episodes). I say 3 to 3.5 chapters per episode would have been ideal (100 to 115 episodes). 7 cours means that they will probably have to cut some few things from manga but thats fine

As for voice actor I like her voice. THere is 1 hour preview that I watched and it shows scenes from the first 6 episodes and I like her voice more than original voice from original TV version and jump force game.
Sep 18, 2020 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
thepath said:

7 cour means 84 to 91 episode (depends if cour is 12 or 13 episodes) which means 3.83 to 4.15 chapters per episode if they cover the whole manga. Much faster pace than original version which had 1.91 chapter average per episode (88 chapters in 46 episodes). I say 3 to 3.5 chapters per episode would have been ideal (100 to 115 episodes). 7 cours means that they will probably have to cut some few things from manga but thats fine

As for voice actor I like her voice. THere is 1 hour preview that I watched and it shows scenes from the first 6 episodes and I like her voice more than original voice from original TV version and jump force game.
how you felt about the anime after watching 60 min preview are they in good hands and well animated given that its toei animation
Sep 18, 2020 9:48 AM

May 2012
Hydroalbidius said:
thepath said:

how you felt about the anime after watching 60 min preview are they in good hands and well animated given that its toei animation

Animation looks decent in my opinion

You can watch it yourself if you want. I will send you private message
Sep 18, 2020 10:03 AM
Sep 2020
There's a 60 min preview? Can I see it?
Oct 2, 2020 9:53 PM
Dec 2019
Could you explain how Tanezaki is salt in the wound of VN fans?
Oct 2, 2020 10:38 PM
May 2020
Care to explain why?
Oct 2, 2020 10:50 PM

Aug 2017
Dragon Quest is the biggest video game and multimedia franchise in Japan alongside Pokemon, selling millions with tons of spin-offs, and the Dai series was hugely influential for manga and anime during its run in WSJ. This is a huge role for her and millions of people in Japan and worldwide will hear her biggest role yet for one of the most important shonen series of an era.

Oct 3, 2020 8:54 PM

Mar 2012
Raiden_ said:
I know that she has moved on to bigger projects now but c'mon. This?
And the fact that this show is rumored to be 7-cour is just more salt to the wound.
What's bad about her having a voice role for an anime based around one of Japan's largest franchises ever...
Oct 3, 2020 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
Cause talent of her caliber deserves better roles than generic shounen character. Such waste of talent which is what I could say with most of her anime roles (mei from haifuri is great tho).

Oct 4, 2020 12:26 AM

Dec 2007
Clearly someone doesn't understand what it means to have a good paying job for close to 2 years, of what you claim for this to be a 7-cour anime is true.

VNs are hit and miss, and very often don't bring in the big bucks unless you are a major player. Even the biggest VN seiyuus aren't gonna earn as much as this. Being the protagonist of a major shounen anime, that's a good job to have, and it means having a settled paycheck for that long.

As a fan, you should be happy she finally landed a big job, having been around for so long.
Oct 6, 2020 2:24 PM
Oct 2012
Raiden_ said:
Cause talent of her caliber deserves better roles than generic shounen character. Such waste of talent which is what I could say with most of her anime roles (mei from haifuri is great tho).
lmao delete this thread
Oct 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Jan 2020
Slop_E_Joe said:
Dragon Quest is the biggest video game and multimedia franchise in Japan alongside Pokemon, selling millions with tons of spin-offs, and the Dai series was hugely influential for manga and anime during its run in WSJ. This is a huge role for her and millions of people in Japan and worldwide will hear her biggest role yet for one of the most important shonen series of an era.

I heard Dragon Quest games are pretty good, but sales figures similar to Pokémon, the biggest multimedia franchise in the world. No way.
Oct 7, 2020 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
Raiden_ said:

mei is a generic cute girl in a marine anime imo.
Oct 7, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
Raiden_ said:

Dai is not a "generic shounen char", he pretty much the trope codifier for the Yuusha archetype (aside from the DQ games, on which this one was the 1st animation based of).

He, Goku and Seiya were pretty much the big ones of the 1980's, and their traits were what has became the sample for "average shounen protag".

He's not generic, his copycats (who are mostly from low effort isekais) are.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Oct 7, 2020 10:18 PM
Jun 2020
Animillion said:
Slop_E_Joe said:

I heard Dragon Quest games are pretty good, but sales figures similar to Pokémon, the biggest multimedia franchise in the world. No way.

In the first sentence, Slop_E_Joe was writing about Dragon Quest's sales "in Japan", not worldwide. Considering the franchise's impact and how strongly it has been running in the country since 1986, it shouldn't be surprising Dragon Quest is one of the biggest multimedia franchises "in Japan".
FxREEEOct 9, 2020 10:13 PM
Oct 7, 2020 10:43 PM

Jan 2010
I when I meant generic male shounen (young) character, I meant the voice typically associated with them when females do the voice, they sound the same to me and I cant tell them a part from each other. Tanezaki's performance when doing the right characters is bloody amazing and I don't think any anime have been able to use that talent. Which is why I think her doing a character like Dai is a waste.

Just hear her voice when she's doing VNs how amazing her performance is that you can't ever get with her doing anime.

Oct 8, 2020 7:30 PM

Sep 2018
[Hook]
Hoes mad (x24)
Oct 9, 2020 7:17 PM

Mar 2012
Animillion said:
Slop_E_Joe said:

In Japan it is. There was literally a holiday created in Japan thanks to the huge impact DQ3 had on Japan the day it launched. Businesses closed. Should look into the history of the franchise, it's the grandpa of Japanese RPGs and is a phenomenon there. Too bad it never broke out as much here.
Oct 9, 2020 9:26 PM
Oct 2016
Raiden_ said:

Get over yourself. Dragon Quest is huge in Japan and way beyond """generic shonen"""
Oct 9, 2020 10:01 PM

Jan 2020
SparkleDuck said:
Animillion said:

In Japan it is. There was literally a holiday created in Japan thanks to the huge impact DQ3 had on Japan the day it launched. Businesses closed. Should look into the history of the franchise, it's the grandpa of Japanese RPGs and is a phenomenon there. Too bad it never broke out as much here.

Oh sorry, I didn’t know you were specifically talking about sales in Japan only. I thought you meant sales and popularity in general, which of course is no comparison. I’ve never really played Dragon Quest (only a demo) but I’ve heard good things about the series.
Oct 9, 2020 10:15 PM

Aug 2015
PhantomTom said:
[Hook]
Hoes mad (x24)

Definitively, this is the biggest Hoes Mad moment I´ve seen in this page (and for one of the most stupid reasons as well) but the cherry on top is that it has to do with DQ.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.