Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 14, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2019
This anime is just... so infuriatingly confusing! Stuff keeps happening without any explanation and just makes everything so pointless...
Sep 14, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2020
There's just too much going on. The writting, or perhaps, the adaptation is just simply confusing. Many characters haven't been explored properly, the Jin x Ilpyo fight was kinda underwhelming for me.
The second part of the episode was better, specially the end part, hope Ilpyo shows that asshole what he deserves.
2 episodes to go.
Sep 14, 2020 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, I'm a little confused as well. The episode was flashy was the action and stuff but the story took some weird turns with Mori's random power up to take out Ilpyo and the last quarter was just what even the world is going on.

Judging by the comments, sounds like this is all anime original. I read a couple of chapters of the manhwa as the anime started. Guess I'll just go back and continue instead of waiting for the anime to end.
Sep 14, 2020 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
Is it just me or is the pacing...fast? I don't know the webtoon but every time we get to the break in the middle of the episode, it feels like I watched an entire episode's worth of content in those 12 minutes.
Sep 14, 2020 6:32 PM
Nov 2017
Action packed episode. The ending got dark real fast. I wished they would have slowed some things down in order to make sense of what is going on. However, that is just my small nitpick of the episode.
Sep 14, 2020 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
So Jin should have lost his fight against Ilpyo? I wonder why they decided to make it anime original.

The beginning was definitely confusing with that nine tailed fox. But I had a feeling Jin also would get some kind of power up even if I have absolute no clue what happened with him during the fight.

Wtf happened to Jugok? Somehow Ilpyos and Jins power affected him and he turned into this monster. Maybe there will be a explanation about it in the next episode? The ending was pretty cruel. Taek just murdered Jugok and both of Ilpyos friends lost an arm and an leg which resulted in Ilpyo to go berserk on Taek.

To bad almost all episodes feel rushed. Also a lot of explanation is missing. I think these are the 2 biggest problems TGoH has even if I still enjoy it.

Sep 14, 2020 7:01 PM
Jan 2015
this show looks so damn cool but man the writing and plot just ain't enough to get me invested fully... idk
Sep 14, 2020 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ilpyo's Fox mode/design is gorgeous. Kinda unfortunate that he lost quicker than I expected though.
Sep 14, 2020 7:53 PM

Jul 2020
11 episodes in and we still have no idea how tf that "charyeok" thing works.

PhoenixBlood said:
Feels like an anime of what a 12 year old would think looks and sounds cool then randomly putting it all together.

Exactly my thoughts lol. Everything, story-wise, just feels like a mess.

So apparently some scenes from the manhwa was changed in this adaptation. I just hope that next week's episode will provide a tiny bit of sense on what hell is really going on.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 14, 2020 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
I guess Korean imagination too much for my brain to process
Sep 14, 2020 8:20 PM
Apr 2020
Yet another episode which doesn't progress the story whatsoever and just leaves us hanging with no answers and even more questions. Good fights but horrible story-telling by the creator or anime director, don't know which is at fault.
Sep 14, 2020 8:27 PM

Oct 2017
Yep, this fight pretty much ruin this serie for me.

It proves that if I put a tiny bit of brain cell watching this, I'd get insulted.

Good animation pretty much means nothing now (plus the animation is actually way inferior than last episode)

The "key" for God of High School, the Ninetail, the entity that destroy half of heaven, can't even harm mc a tiny bit despite mc not using Charyeok. And when mc uses Charyeok of Goku w/o even going through any training/ any enlightenment moment , it beats Ninetail in one blow.

Basically this serie is like a bunch of cliche backstory/ generic plot/ boring shonen characters/ random power system mesh together in the most disoriented way possible and decorate it with fancy animation and wish nobody will find out how broken it is.

Overall good animation is pretty much 100% wasted. Who cares about the plot and characters at this point? I certainly don't.
Imagine if this animation is used on something else, like Shinsekai Yori...

This serie pretty much proves to me already that Korean webtoon not worth following at all.
Ventus_SSep 14, 2020 8:38 PM
Sep 14, 2020 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
What an intense episode this was! So much action for a single episode, this is getting insane.
Apparently Jin's powers were awakened by fighting for real with Park. I do wonder now if he is really the key because that looks like what it is xD

Who the hell was that guy? The "master"? I do hope he is still alive, would be a shame if he died like that... Especially after getting beaten by the worst guy this anime has to offer, i do hope Park can get his revenge and beat the shit out of him.

And on top fo that, who is that guy who invoked those creatures? They will be such a big pain in the ass.

Can't wait for the last 2 episodes!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2020 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
What the fuck did I watch with that monster taken from HxH. I didn’t know what that story is about. What a way to end with the climax of a fight, Ilpyo and Mori’s fight was lame. Jegal is still a bastard.
Sep 14, 2020 9:00 PM
Feb 2018
PhoenixBlood said:
Feels like an anime of what a 12 year old would think looks and sounds cool then randomly putting it all together.
I agree man this shit is laughable at this point lol
Sep 14, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2018
This episode feels like a chuunibyo show lol

The strongest of them all is the boxing ring.. so many heavy battles but the ring didn't get any damage lol

I'm really dissapointed with this borrowed power thingy. It really ruins the show!
I'm annoyed with Lee Hyangdan and her master, they already got "nearly killed" then they're okay then get heavily wounded again... so annoying!
Sep 14, 2020 9:33 PM
Jul 2015
I agree with Mujin, as of this moment, GOH is over because i have no fucking idea what's going on anymore hahaha
Sep 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
That was such a lame ending to the fight. Ilypo power ups -> Ilypo and Mori scuffle -> Ilypo gains advantage -> Mori power ups -> Ilypo instantly deleted. The annoying part is that, after unlocking power, Mori subconsciously annihilates Park. Mori didn't even look like he knew what he did; his power up went to auto-pilot. I would have preferred to have the fight end in Episode 10 without this whole sequence.
Sep 14, 2020 11:13 PM

Sep 2007
Uhhhh wtf is happening? lol
Tbh, I like the animation of this show. Nice visuals, action is decent sometimes. And the actual martial arts is portrayed well. But then Charyeoks get involved and this all goes to shit.

There's zero comparative scale between powers. I mean, Park gets this power, strong enough to destroy half of heaven and challenge God. Is called the key by a bunch of people we have yet to build any character development for after they have been searching ALL season for the key. Then Jin like nah and slaps him down.

I don't recognize or actually know anything about most of the characters, and the ones I do recognize I give near zero shits about due to the convoluted story.

The show just jumps around so much it's actually extremely disappointing. Rn this sits at 7.6, but it actually needs to be around a 6 with the directing. I'm actually just finishing this season out to see, on the slim chance, if it improves. And if not, so I can properly trash this show with a bad rating at this point. What a freaking waste.
Sep 14, 2020 11:55 PM
Jun 2020
I just don't understand why every characters in this show have like 100 durability? Some guy and maid get stabbed in the chest like nothing happen
Sep 14, 2020 11:58 PM
Nov 2017
This is probably the most rushed anime of the year, animation is amazing tho
Sep 15, 2020 12:42 AM
Dec 2018
Amazing episode as always!
I got goosebumps at the scene Ilpyo kicked to the "sky" woww O.O
Mujin and GOH keep got disturbed by Nox, then finally Mujin says "FCK IT, GOH IS OVER" time for waaaarrr

Can't wait for next episode
Sep 15, 2020 2:32 AM
Apr 2020
Whoa! Mori defeated Nine Tails Ilpyo! Is Mori that strong?! And what's wrong with Jegal Taek?! So problematic! Ilpyo transitioned into Dark Ilpyo! I guess we'll see the true power of The Key next episode.

Sep 15, 2020 2:38 AM

May 2017
Holy shit man, this one was really good !
Sep 15, 2020 2:41 AM

Jan 2020
So, apparently Jin lost to Park in the webtoon? Looks like I have to read the webtoon in order to find out how many changes Studio MAPPA made.
Sep 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2017
Coldpain said:
I just don't understand why every characters in this show have like 100 durability? Some guy and maid get stabbed in the chest like nothing happen

Ikr, maid got stabbed in chest, eaten alive, and then come out unscratched when the demon spit her out. HOW?

And then those 2 useless sidekicks lost their arm/ leg just like that even though in earlier episode that mage guy got hurt way more horribly from the shark guy, yet all his limbs are intact? HOW?
Sep 15, 2020 2:55 AM

Oct 2017
bangnaldo said:
I feel like the people leaving negative comments simply just hate this show, but somehow keep watching until there's only 2 eps left. It's kinda normal that things don't make sense because shit is going down and we're being exposed to these organizations who work in the background for the first time. Also, this anime only adapts the beginning of the webtoon so ofc they won't reveal everything... we gotta go read it later or wait for more seasons.

I feel like the people leaving positive comment on this just don't care about story/ plot/ character and only care about flashy animation.

Kinda normal things don't make sense in an anime? How many shit shows have you watched to get this conclusion?
Sep 15, 2020 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
I am still enjoying it but not as much as before. I feel like the first few episodes are better. I am not far into the webtoon but even I feel like they're changing so much and packing everything into a 20-in-1 Swiss knife and it's a bit overwhelming and I cannot appreciate each and every aspect on its own.

I'm also confused by the end, I read somewhere that charyeok powers can only kill or absorb other charyeok? When Jugok and Jegal fought in the ring, his giant jaws chomped the hell out of him and he didn't die but now he's dead? Why didn't he die the first time? Why did it affect the other two, Il-pyo's friends, if they don't have charyeok?
臭い-
Sep 15, 2020 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
Metallica_Nero said:
10/10 Comedy episode

I can't even tell if things are supposed to be serious or this is just a parody anymore

Action parody much like one punch man
Sep 15, 2020 4:23 AM

Apr 2012
Holy shit!!! This episode was sick, the best so far
Sep 15, 2020 4:31 AM

Dec 2012
"The story is the same as in the manwha i read so everything i know will happen" = woah, perfect anime, everything makes perfect sense, i understand all narrative elements and appreciate the structure and perfect pacing, best manwha of all time

"The story was changed from the manwha i read so i don't know what will happen" = 0/10 shit anime, i don't understand anything that is happening, what is all of this, pacing is shit and nothing makes sense, what is chakryeok, ToG was miles better

Meanwhile, non-manwha readers: woah, cool sakuga, hype.

tl;dr: this thread.
Sep 15, 2020 5:29 AM

Jan 2008
Never expected a hentai monster but I guess shark beats tentacles.
Sep 15, 2020 5:37 AM

Oct 2016
I am watching like 10 shows this season and this is definitely the one i enjoy the least. I should be able to enjoy a pure action show but, for some reason I can't bring myself to enjoy this much except a few episodes. Like this episode, I understood what was going on but, like why though lmao. It's all flashy, rushed and no substance. Don't get me wrong, the production value is good and it is still enjoyable but, there is something missing I don't know.
Sep 15, 2020 5:47 AM
Aug 2020
postblitz said:
"The story is the same as in the manwha i read so everything i know will happen" = woah, perfect anime, everything makes perfect sense, i understand all narrative elements and appreciate the structure and perfect pacing, best manwha of all time

"The story was changed from the manwha i read so i don't know what will happen" = 0/10 shit anime, i don't understand anything that is happening, what is all of this, pacing is shit and nothing makes sense, what is chakryeok, ToG was miles better

Meanwhile, non-manwha readers: woah, cool sakuga, hype.

tl;dr: this thread.

Ain’t you the one crying about everyone not understanding the episode, and the whole “webtoon elitist” thing LMFAO
Ofcool2947Sep 15, 2020 5:50 AM
Sep 15, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2019
Just what the hell is going on? This is just crap ass show. Without Crunchyroll supporting this would've be in the trash long ago.
Sep 15, 2020 7:47 AM
Jul 2020
Solid episode, but this has gone way too far of a 'highschool battle tournament' Like, the animations is the only thing saving the show at this point..
Sep 15, 2020 10:05 AM
Oct 2019
would be cool if this was like ep. 19 or 20 instead of 11. still an enjoyable ep
Sep 15, 2020 10:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode! Visually, that is. I don't think the anime creators are trying to make sense at this point but the glorious animation is just a treat week in and week out. Kudos to MAPPA for one-upping themselves with every episode!

Pretty tense developments in that 2nd half though and looks like the final showdown is finally coming!

Damn, that Kyuubi form though lol. That was literally Naruto v Sasuke towards the end of the fight between Ilpyo-san and Mori.

Just two more episodes to go...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 15, 2020 11:34 AM

Mar 2017
I hate Jegal with a passion and it's sad that Seungah & Heyonbok lost limbs but I was actually thankful that Jegal was there cause otherwise things could've been so much worse. Still hope Ilpyo kicks his ass good though haha

I feel like screaming "What are you doing?!" at Mujin & The Commissioners... they've been looking for the key through The God Of High School yet they haven't really protected the participants. I mean, they know 100% that Ilpyo is The Key and yet he's not being protected well at all!

I'm really curious about how Jin has an ability that's stronger than the nine-tails... at first, I thought he's Charyeok might be 'God' but now I think that's pretty unlikely. I loved that wholesome 'nii-san' scene between Ilypo and Jin ❤
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 AM
Dec 2016
kaiser17 said:
Man they changed everything from webtoon. At cost of making jin look badass they made park pathetic.

I thought I was the only one who noticed, didn’t Mira beat park, not mori and and and.... I don’t even want to talk about it
Sep 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Jul 2019
And the name giving show is already over and things are getting preped for S2. This is just too condensed and chaotic.

The emotional relationship of Park and Mori gave the episode at least a nice touch.
Sep 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was disappointing, I kind of expected something interesting to happen but no, that was confused and it was not interesting at all.
Sep 15, 2020 2:28 PM

May 2019
I'm getting bored with this series, Jin Mori should lose instead getting a plot armor that really doesn't make sense. and also the story is like there is no purpose and pacing was bad.
2/5
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 15, 2020 2:29 PM
May 2018
To be completely honest the webtoon was better in terms of setting up Jin Mori's awakening.
Sep 15, 2020 2:53 PM
Aug 2020
This episode was not it, it puts the real story of GOH in shame, webtoon mori > anime mori, at least in the webtoon he’s a decent cool not over powered ass pull power character unlike his anime counterpart, although his anime design looks a bit better
Sep 15, 2020 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
Ok I came here expecting some martial arts instead I get this lol. It ain't bad per se though. Cause wtf was that? We've got kyubi over here and whatever Jin Mori is. Also, this show is kinda like demon slayer in a sense that it would get light hearted then boom you'd be reminded how brutal this show can be. People would die gruesomely, some lose limbs and shit like that. I love it.
Sep 15, 2020 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
Everyone in this anime has bones made from vibranium specially sourced from Wakanda and 110% durability stats.

All these 'god' powers function the same as regular punch and kick just really colourful and flashy.
Sep 15, 2020 6:50 PM

Feb 2017
literally wtf is happening? haven't been feeling this series since like episode 3 or 4 and now i just have no idea whats even going on anymore. i didn't even remember who jin was fighting at the beginning of the episode and i have no clue who the guy in the hospital was.

also hahhahhhghaa nine tails nice naruto reference hehahhaheha naruto

placeholder text
Sep 15, 2020 7:45 PM
Oct 2013
This is next level shit, and I mean literally. They should stick with fighting which at least makes it watchable. If they want to keep the milking this manhwa, I hope it will be either retcon or reboot. Just want to see how it ends, to be honest.
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Sep 15, 2020 8:15 PM

May 2015
Wtf is even happening at this point? Like this shit is barely even coherent. Watching how bad this adaptation is failing at actually adapting the source is really making me worry about AoT S4. Hopefully a lot of this has to do with CR being involved, because if this is MAPPA's fault, then ohhh boy...

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.