Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 14, 2020 10:32 AM

Oct 2019
I wanted some Dragon Ball and I got Junji Ito lmao
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Sep 14, 2020 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
Fuck this adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2020 10:33 AM

Feb 2020
I'll be honest...... The Nine-Tailed Fox Vs The Monkey God fight was one of the Most Boring fight in GOH. (don't ask why........can't explain in words)
This anime was only good in Awesome fights and it was messed up in this episode.

I just can't understand a thing what is going on that Anime anymore....Seriously

Even tho this Anime has Tons of Flaws.........I am enjoying it.....dunno why...

I pray to God that this Anime gets a Season 2 and Hopefully someone else Directs it.
Sep 14, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2010
I kinda forgot the manhwa part, but im sure Mori lost here against Ilpyo ---> Mira fights against Ilpyo ---> Mira win. It's kinda sad Mira's badass screentime was being cut. It also adding this "Gary Stu who never loses" status to Mori.

Well yea the reason i don't like this manhwa it's because of this random super power thingy, it'll be better if this is about pure martial arts.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 14, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
This is just a carcrash of bullshit, but what else to expect. Reading it the first time, I was so lost in what the hell was going on and the anime only takes that feeling and increases it tenfold.

Also, the audio mixing was really sloppy for this episode. Music felt way too loud compared to dialogue. Not even the easy things can be done right for this show.
Sep 14, 2020 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
Arin-san said:

Nine tails fox? Naruto? Is that you?

A bit off-topic. The Nine-tailed Fox did not originate from Naruto actually. It's origin is said to be from Chinese mythology and it has been featured in various East Asian movies and TV shows for decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_spirit

Also Naruto isn't the first manga to feature Nine-tailed Fox. "GeGeGe no Kitaro" (1960), "Dororo" (1967), "Ushio and Tora" (1990) and "Yu Yu Hakusho" (1990) also featured Nine-tailed Fox before "Naruto".
FxREEESep 14, 2020 11:40 AM
Sep 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
Oh no! Competition cancelled but with two episodes to go. Looks like no winners this year. Whether anyone survives or not for next years competition remains to be seen!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 14, 2020 11:12 AM
Apr 2018
MO-RI : Big Brother....Ilpyo...

Mo-Ri's potential is still dormant. It might be awaken in the next episodes.
Doutei-kunSep 14, 2020 11:15 AM
Sep 14, 2020 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Feels like an anime of what a 12 year old would think looks and sounds cool then randomly putting it all together.
Sep 14, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
The God hand was sick. Kyuubi got mega slapped.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 14, 2020 12:10 PM

Mar 2016
If the source material is that bad, then there's no surprise how shit the adaptation has gotten.

Add the fact that wackass Crunchyroll is in control of the production, and there you have it: a trainwreck of trainwrecks that only appeals with the "sakuga"-ized mindless fighting.
Sep 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
It's definitely not a good sign when a lot of the people commenting, including people who have ALREADY READ the webtoon, are asking what's going on and saying they don't know what's happening anymore lol. But honestly I feel the same way, it really does feel like things just.....happen. I haven't read the webtoon but I can tell that there's so much more to this story than just teenagers beating each other up. Unfortunately the anime cut that stuff out so it feels like these additional characters and plot elements/events that we see outside the tournament are just randomly thrown in. And lmao the anime really completely changed the result of Mori vs. Ilpyo? Talk about ballsy lol, that will certainly make many people mad. I'm still excited for the last 2 episodes just to see how this ends but it just sucks that we could have gotten something so much better if it was 24-26 episodes instead of 13.
thebrentinator24Sep 14, 2020 12:16 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 14, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2018
Another Episode filled with garbage upon garbage upon garbage
Sep 14, 2020 12:32 PM
Feb 2018
Ya know when the main thing people keep saying in every episode is "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" maybe that's a sign that the story needs a rewrite.
Sep 14, 2020 12:41 PM

Mar 2014
Okay so I'm scrolling this thread and reading the comments, almost 95% of them are negative. So if I can add something positive... The music was beautiful to listen. And seeing my favorite nurse:

In all seriousness, I couldn't get my meathead on. As someone who loves to powerscale and watch/read fights this one just had me questioning. If you have a power that is beyond universal level in a realm where it's destroyed heaven, how in tf are you able to clash with someone like that? And then shortly after, something I've should've noticed, Jin gets his powerup.

What troubles me the most is that these characters are pulling out godlike abilities with no knowledge or experience. And the ending, this man went out like Superman lol.

I just have a lot of questions and criticism for this episode but I don't have the knowledge of the webtoon and I've decided since Episode 4 that I'm never going to read GOH. This is a one time experience for me.
AnimeFanTalkSep 14, 2020 12:49 PM
Sep 14, 2020 12:41 PM
Dec 2017
Another episode of only action with zero substance...

I don't think I've ever hated the writing of a show as much as I do this one.

It's right up there with the dude that tried to marry Asuna in a coma. That kind of bad writing.
Sep 14, 2020 12:45 PM
Dec 2017
FMmatron said:
Fuck this adaptation.

This comment speaks to me on so many levels
Sep 14, 2020 1:05 PM
Jul 2019
MegamiRem said:
This episode was proly among the better ones. Even thou they changed stuff but overall this episode was quite good. Specially the second half was pretty sick.

Those who are wondering what Mori Jin's borrowed power/Charyeok is the answer is
anime-prime said:
Somehow, I get more confused each episode. What the heck is going on?!
Ye I'm asking the same question. Wth are they doing in the anime adaptation.
Yep, I totally agree a god himself doesn't need that Charyeok when the god itself is the Charyeok....
Sep 14, 2020 1:08 PM
Jul 2013
Even though I have yet to watch episode 11, I can already tell it will be pure garbage.
Wanna know why?
Because up until this point, other than the animation, this entire anime was trash.

No, its not because of Mappa or Cruncyroll's adaptation. Its purely because of how bad the original source material is. People who like this franchise would like anything that has fights in it. Who cares about actual plot, character development, real consequences, a MC who isn't "herp derp I like to fight and I am OP for no real reason", right? :D

Its so easy to see how inspired the author was with Dragon Ball, as they are both fitting the same cirteria of "I didn't think about a story but let's see a few characters throw beams and the MC will always win haha plz buy me product".
Sep 14, 2020 1:10 PM

Feb 2017
Seungah and boxer dude 😔

At least that scene still kinda hit, I’m sad they cut out Jegal’s whole callous ‘oops’ response to permanently crippling both as fighters; I wanted to punch that smug look off his when I first read that part.

Seems like we’re going a bit different of a direction for this part, but I kinda expect it to get back on track pretty quickly. Not sure why everyone thinks they won’t reveal Mori’s power, I fully expect them to speedrun the last 20 or whatever chapters left and uh... all I’ll say is if people think it’s incoherent now, they aren’t ready for the finale.

I’m pretty sure the differences here are just because they have to go quickly — changing the 3v3s to bo3s was unfortunate in general, but it required a pretty significant script change here (which kinda sucks for the Ilpyo fight in particular — Mira got shafted). With that in mind, I kinda actually like the Mori foreshadowing and the quicker route to Jegal vs Ilpyo makes sense.
Sep 14, 2020 2:07 PM

May 2020
" The god of high school is over " - Park Mujin

Now we have to wait a whole week to see what's coming next.
Sep 14, 2020 2:24 PM

Jan 2018
I knew Jin Mori's hidden power had to be awaken somehow, in order to counter Ilpyo's fox powers. Still, some good animation there. MAPPA never disappoints.

Everything's onto chaos at this point, Ilpyo witnessing the loss of Seungah and Hyebok's leg and arm was painful. Especially that flashback before, triggered him to fight recklessly onto Taek.
Sep 14, 2020 2:32 PM
Oct 2019
anime-prime said:
Somehow, I get more confused each episode. What the heck is going on?!

The tournaments final battle was lame, especially after last episodes build up brawl. Just stick with martial arts. Charyeoks make the battle more lame than with fists.

Looks like we will have another outside battle with the same participants.....yay?

I could not possibly agree more.
Sep 14, 2020 2:52 PM
Dec 2017
I really REALLY hope Ilpyo kills Taek.
Sep 14, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah totally lost here...

Despite that, the battle was pretty great. Not the best I have seen so far in this show, but still solid!! I was expecting Mori to lose as this "key" was so important and always talked about. But he pulled it off, with something even he is unsure of.

Second half was quite interesting, this mean shark guy (I have such a hard time remembering the names in this show) sure stirred up some shit there. To see Park's team mates get hurt in all that was pretty rough. Let's hope he gets a nice beatdown next week. Also where did Mori disappear to in that moment? Guess we'll find out next week!
Sep 14, 2020 2:59 PM
Sep 2014
I just keep trying to remember who was who and in which organization they belong and who is evil and who is good and it's just too hard. good animation, bad adaptation
Sep 14, 2020 3:18 PM

Mar 2010
The amputation was funny asf. But yeah it felt like I was watching naruto vs sasuke and then some demon hentai shit ROFL.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 14, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2020
Ah yes, the power of protagonism.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 14, 2020 4:26 PM
Jul 2020
woah that was a good episode.

"The god of high school is over" So what we gon do now? pls don't tell me btw...

Kill him, Kill him, Kill him, Kill him DO IT!

bruh I feel so bad for this dude. He joins to help his friend recover, then in the process loses and less than hours after his friends lose some of their limbs. If ilpyo don't kill the dude I will.

9/19 episode. Would've liked if they explained Jin Mori thingy (Charyeok?) Ik they will but i'm but i would've preferred if they did it immediatly :)
Sep 14, 2020 4:27 PM
Jul 2020
woodude987 said:
I really REALLY hope Ilpyo kills Taek.

same dude, same. and if he doesn't i'll do it for him...
Sep 14, 2020 4:37 PM

Dec 2019
This anime is just... so infuriatingly confusing! Stuff keeps happening without any explanation and just makes everything so pointless...
Sep 14, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2020
There's just too much going on. The writting, or perhaps, the adaptation is just simply confusing. Many characters haven't been explored properly, the Jin x Ilpyo fight was kinda underwhelming for me.
The second part of the episode was better, specially the end part, hope Ilpyo shows that asshole what he deserves.
2 episodes to go.
Sep 14, 2020 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
Yeah, I'm a little confused as well. The episode was flashy was the action and stuff but the story took some weird turns with Mori's random power up to take out Ilpyo and the last quarter was just what even the world is going on.

Judging by the comments, sounds like this is all anime original. I read a couple of chapters of the manhwa as the anime started. Guess I'll just go back and continue instead of waiting for the anime to end.
Sep 14, 2020 5:39 PM

Apr 2020
Is it just me or is the pacing...fast? I don't know the webtoon but every time we get to the break in the middle of the episode, it feels like I watched an entire episode's worth of content in those 12 minutes.
Sep 14, 2020 6:32 PM
Nov 2017
Action packed episode. The ending got dark real fast. I wished they would have slowed some things down in order to make sense of what is going on. However, that is just my small nitpick of the episode.
Sep 14, 2020 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
So Jin should have lost his fight against Ilpyo? I wonder why they decided to make it anime original.

The beginning was definitely confusing with that nine tailed fox. But I had a feeling Jin also would get some kind of power up even if I have absolute no clue what happened with him during the fight.

Wtf happened to Jugok? Somehow Ilpyos and Jins power affected him and he turned into this monster. Maybe there will be a explanation about it in the next episode? The ending was pretty cruel. Taek just murdered Jugok and both of Ilpyos friends lost an arm and an leg which resulted in Ilpyo to go berserk on Taek.

To bad almost all episodes feel rushed. Also a lot of explanation is missing. I think these are the 2 biggest problems TGoH has even if I still enjoy it.

Sep 14, 2020 7:01 PM
Jan 2015
this show looks so damn cool but man the writing and plot just ain't enough to get me invested fully... idk
Sep 14, 2020 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ilpyo's Fox mode/design is gorgeous. Kinda unfortunate that he lost quicker than I expected though.
Sep 14, 2020 7:53 PM

Jul 2020
11 episodes in and we still have no idea how tf that "charyeok" thing works.

PhoenixBlood said:
Feels like an anime of what a 12 year old would think looks and sounds cool then randomly putting it all together.

Exactly my thoughts lol. Everything, story-wise, just feels like a mess.

So apparently some scenes from the manhwa was changed in this adaptation. I just hope that next week's episode will provide a tiny bit of sense on what hell is really going on.

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 14, 2020 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
I guess Korean imagination too much for my brain to process
Sep 14, 2020 8:20 PM
Apr 2020
Yet another episode which doesn't progress the story whatsoever and just leaves us hanging with no answers and even more questions. Good fights but horrible story-telling by the creator or anime director, don't know which is at fault.
Sep 14, 2020 8:27 PM

Oct 2017
Yep, this fight pretty much ruin this serie for me.

It proves that if I put a tiny bit of brain cell watching this, I'd get insulted.

Good animation pretty much means nothing now (plus the animation is actually way inferior than last episode)

The "key" for God of High School, the Ninetail, the entity that destroy half of heaven, can't even harm mc a tiny bit despite mc not using Charyeok. And when mc uses Charyeok of Goku w/o even going through any training/ any enlightenment moment , it beats Ninetail in one blow.

Basically this serie is like a bunch of cliche backstory/ generic plot/ boring shonen characters/ random power system mesh together in the most disoriented way possible and decorate it with fancy animation and wish nobody will find out how broken it is.

Overall good animation is pretty much 100% wasted. Who cares about the plot and characters at this point? I certainly don't.
Imagine if this animation is used on something else, like Shinsekai Yori...

This serie pretty much proves to me already that Korean webtoon not worth following at all.
Ventus_SSep 14, 2020 8:38 PM
Sep 14, 2020 8:35 PM

Jan 2013
What an intense episode this was! So much action for a single episode, this is getting insane.
Apparently Jin's powers were awakened by fighting for real with Park. I do wonder now if he is really the key because that looks like what it is xD

Who the hell was that guy? The "master"? I do hope he is still alive, would be a shame if he died like that... Especially after getting beaten by the worst guy this anime has to offer, i do hope Park can get his revenge and beat the shit out of him.

And on top fo that, who is that guy who invoked those creatures? They will be such a big pain in the ass.

Can't wait for the last 2 episodes!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 14, 2020 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
What the fuck did I watch with that monster taken from HxH. I didn’t know what that story is about. What a way to end with the climax of a fight, Ilpyo and Mori’s fight was lame. Jegal is still a bastard.
Sep 14, 2020 9:00 PM
Feb 2018
PhoenixBlood said:
I agree man this shit is laughable at this point lol
Sep 14, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2018
This episode feels like a chuunibyo show lol

The strongest of them all is the boxing ring.. so many heavy battles but the ring didn't get any damage lol

I'm really dissapointed with this borrowed power thingy. It really ruins the show!
I'm annoyed with Lee Hyangdan and her master, they already got "nearly killed" then they're okay then get heavily wounded again... so annoying!
Sep 14, 2020 9:33 PM
Jul 2015
I agree with Mujin, as of this moment, GOH is over because i have no fucking idea what's going on anymore hahaha
Sep 14, 2020 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
That was such a lame ending to the fight. Ilypo power ups -> Ilypo and Mori scuffle -> Ilypo gains advantage -> Mori power ups -> Ilypo instantly deleted. The annoying part is that, after unlocking power, Mori subconsciously annihilates Park. Mori didn't even look like he knew what he did; his power up went to auto-pilot. I would have preferred to have the fight end in Episode 10 without this whole sequence.
Sep 14, 2020 11:13 PM

Sep 2007
Uhhhh wtf is happening? lol
Tbh, I like the animation of this show. Nice visuals, action is decent sometimes. And the actual martial arts is portrayed well. But then Charyeoks get involved and this all goes to shit.

There's zero comparative scale between powers. I mean, Park gets this power, strong enough to destroy half of heaven and challenge God. Is called the key by a bunch of people we have yet to build any character development for after they have been searching ALL season for the key. Then Jin like nah and slaps him down.

I don't recognize or actually know anything about most of the characters, and the ones I do recognize I give near zero shits about due to the convoluted story.

The show just jumps around so much it's actually extremely disappointing. Rn this sits at 7.6, but it actually needs to be around a 6 with the directing. I'm actually just finishing this season out to see, on the slim chance, if it improves. And if not, so I can properly trash this show with a bad rating at this point. What a freaking waste.
Sep 14, 2020 11:55 PM
Jun 2020
I just don't understand why every characters in this show have like 100 durability? Some guy and maid get stabbed in the chest like nothing happen
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.