Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 12, 2020 11:42 PM
Oct 2018
Some really thought provoking dialogues from Alice in the press conference. I wonder what will happen with kirito's fluctlight. The scene with kirito crying for eugeo while Ed is playing was really emotional. What did Alice mean by I am withering away? I hope she doesn't die after all that. Let's see what happens in the final episode. Still not sure whether this arc will have a happy ending.
Sep 12, 2020 11:55 PM

Nov 2016
so is alice going to die in the finale?
Sep 13, 2020 12:07 AM

Mar 2018
Any episode with the title of the best character will be good, and this one is no exception. What I'm loving about this season is how human everyone has become or how human new characters are acting, even Alice who isnt even a human. Although going through trauma isnt what id call clever writing, it certainly did hurt to see Kirito so distraught over his lost memories of Eugeo and how Alice is being “sucked away“ by the real world.
Sep 13, 2020 12:20 AM
May 2020
Sora_1303 said:
Asier559 said:

Kirito's sister comes in out of no where with the incest feelings again after 2 seasons.

Was a lot to take in but I'm so excited for the next episode!

Come on, dude. She just came to comfort her crying brother. And Kirito was crying pretty loudly so Suguha heard him from the hallway and came to check up on him

I know, was just kidding. Kirito has been through a lot. The episode was pretty moody so thought some humor might be nice for a change.
Sep 13, 2020 1:26 AM

Mar 2016
Kirito and Asuna are finally back in the real world! After 200 years... The cumulated amount of memories and experiences that Kirito and Asuna have gotten living as the ruler of the Underworld for 2 centuries have clearly overburdened their brain. Hence the necessary memory-wipe. If Kirito was a fluctlight like Alice, stored inside a lightcube with a set storage limit, then I would understand. But he's a human with a biological brain. A brain that is able to erase unimportant memories automatically. I'm no neuroscientist, but I'm sure that a human mind and thoughts are able to last 200+ years assuming the brain is intact.

Welp, I understand why Higa wanted to safe that 200+ years old mind of Kirito. it's literally the wisest and most experienced being that anyone can converse with. Although the thought that this version of Kirito is a completely different being from the real Kirito, it's pretty spooky. Well, if this Kirito can access the internet and the VR worlds, he could be as helpful as Yui, no... Better!

On the other hand, this version of Kirito could as well just tell the 200 years long tales to the real Kirito if they were to meet. That's the ONLY way that Kirito could experience the things he had done WITHOUT merging his main mind with the 200 years old Kirito mind.

The conference mentioned that Androids with AI Fluctlights would eventually coexist with real biological humans. Idk about that, it's giving off Matrix vibes.
Since the AI doesn't want to work as slaves or as an operator of UAVs, its job is to literally be human. That's a nope from me.
Sep 13, 2020 1:51 AM
Dec 2015
Sora_1303 said:
deg said:

it can happen heck even in real life love is not forever too anyway

I can tell you right now with 100% guarantee that Kirito and Asuna will end up marrying. It doesn't matter whoever loves him, Kirito only loves Asuna ( in a romantic way. They are soul mates) End of story. And how can you even doubt their love after they spend 200 years with each other?

bro you got it all worng
he is taking about the clone not the real kirito
noone thinks the real kirito will leave asuna for alice
Sep 13, 2020 2:06 AM

Jun 2016
Maybe the best episode sofar, in fact some scenes were better than the novels imo.

Some small issues, like the art again - not the prettiest, but given the fact that none of the scenes in this ep were fights or battles or required a lot of animations to portray a wide variety of movement, I don't think it's as important and the art was actually an improvement in certain scenarios.

Asuna's reawakening getting cut was not a very good decision imo, but at this point it's barely relevant so I'll give that one a slight pass. The order of events are different to the novel so won't really complain about entire scenes being cut until we get the last episode next week.

This scene right here is a huge thumbs up from me. It depicts Kirito's awakening so well imo.

On the otherhand, A-1 has finally learned it's strengths as an anime adaptation. Something unique to this form of storytelling that the audience can only experience when watching the anime compared to reading the novels. Audio & Visuals.

Incredible Voice Acting
Kikuoka's voice actor did a pretty great job giving life to the character with the hospital scene, despite a bunch of Kikuoka cuts taking place. Honestly, Kikuoka had way more depth in these final moments than the novels, especially with how he was animated and voiced, it definitely feels like it's hinting at something grander even without Kirito's monologue questioning what his intentions are. Great example of show, not tell.

Kirito's VA also did an incredible job with 200 yr old fluctlight Kirito. Definitely has the gravity of having lived 200 years. Copy Kirito interacting with Higa and talking about Kayaba, this scene was great both in the anime and novels for me. I think the way they decided to have this scene shown and voiced in the anime made it better than the novels.

Settings
A lot of the settings were refreshing to see imo. The outdoor news reporting area, Kirito's room - pretty nice.

Scenes over Ending
Recalling Eugeo and the Sugu scene felt more powerful than it did in the novels and the after credits Alice scene it does some great foreshadowing. If only it didn't replace another scene.

While writing this and re-reading the epilogue - I realized they probably cut the entire Alfheim meeting and replaced it with that end credits Alice scene. That was a pretty questionable move imo, a sasuga A-1 decision I guess lmao. Honestly, with how they kept and maybe enhanced the mood of both Kirito awakening and Copy Kirito, I think I'll stay by my words above, I still think this episode was byfar one of the best.
Sep 13, 2020 2:09 AM
Nov 2019
As it stand, the Moon Cradle's arc may be skipped and they may end SAO series here or continue to the Unital Ring arc which the light novel is not yet finished. Well, its really sad to see my favorite anime going to be ended :(
Sep 13, 2020 2:37 AM

Feb 2018
This was the best episode in this season so far. I really liked the futuristic way the story went in this one. They made a copy of Kirito, that was a interesting thing, gave me Black Mirror vibes for some reason. I can't believe how they lived together 200 years but I think Kirito got bored with being Asuna at some point and wanted to delete them. Not the main reason ofc. Besides I think Asuna wanted to stay because she knows Kirito will make a brand new harem and have fun in that 200 years :)) I think I got bored to see them dating too much episode. He should start being with his harem. Girls are waiting Kirito ;)
Sep 13, 2020 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
Good ass episode, now Kirito and Alice can finally do something ffs now that Alice is in the physical world.
Sep 13, 2020 5:52 AM
Jul 2020
This was so good!
I aspire so have the same persona as Alice, she's so amazing ^^

great art design and animation like usual.

kirito crying made me a lil sad :(
the reason a majority of people dislike SAO is cause of the incest at the end of season one, but i absolutely love suguha and kirigaya's relationship now:))

This is like the 5th time right?? The fifth goddamn time that akihiko aka the man who created SAO and this show wouldn't be here without him has "come back to life" or "his presence is like here "

this episode was a 10/10 IMO.

really hope they don't end it here, but it looks likely ;(
Sep 13, 2020 6:13 AM

May 2019
Aryale said:

This is like the 5th time right?? The fifth goddamn time that akihiko aka the man who created SAO and this show wouldn't be here without him has "come back to life" or "his presence is like here "

Right? But we cant be surprised anymore, this season was the over the top in "ghost" apparitions.

Yuuki
Yuuna
Quinella
Berculi
Eldrie
Cardinal
Eugeo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6....

Of course Kayaba could not lose this party.

And now, the Evil Mad Scientisto digital ghost, have the Kirito bicentenial Evil-Mind AI to pair with!
Rob7Sep 13, 2020 6:17 AM
Sep 13, 2020 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
Silveraldi said:
As it stand, the Moon Cradle's arc may be skipped and they may end SAO series here or continue to the Unital Ring arc which the light novel is not yet finished. Well, its really sad to see my favorite anime going to be ended :(

They said they will animate all of SAO contents, so we’ll have an anime adaptation for Unital Ring someday. By the way, I think we’ll have a movie for Moon Cradle. Well, I hope for an anime adaptation of Progressive now, it would be great.
Sep 13, 2020 7:26 AM
Aug 2020
The general plot of acilization-underworld is really interesting, I like all the AIs' political-social issues. Alice best girl of SAO!
Sep 13, 2020 8:42 AM

Sep 2014
I laughed so hard when they woke up after 200 years and the first thing they thought was to celebrate it in ALO like fucking addicts.
Sep 13, 2020 9:23 AM
Nov 2018
Welcome to My Waifu Comes to Life - the Episode.

For some reason a computer program/fluctlight immediately dons a school uniform.

In the same breath the professor tells the audience that....

"Fluct lights cannot be mass produced in a short time ... born as infants and raised by their families from childhood to adulthood"
"We'll be living in the same society as them as a matter of course ... even marrying and starting families with them."

So, they are far too costly and grow far too slowly to use as labor. BUT we'll marry them and have children with them. Otaku dreams catered to.

Great way to get the female voters on board with financing this. "We can make pretty waifus with perfect bodies like this one, not for work but for sex and marriage."

And we'll give them citizenship and so on. This begs the question, why produce them at all?

"I'd like to start with a question and answer session."

No. Just no. It would be two hours of information first of all, with many different experts talking.

And all three reporters talking are braindead. These are presumably the cream of the crop among tech reporters but sound like a teenager in a forum thread.

"If you could open up her skull and show us what you call the protonic brain inside...."

Because she surely hasn't been examined yet, right? And there are no pictures and X-rays to hand out?

"The financial world has high hopes that they can be used as industrial robots."

The "financial world" (no names, no one to quote) seriously thinks that extremely complicated, costly artificial humans can be used for menial labor?

The first thing anyone would think of when it comes to work is - skip the human body. Use the AI to make complex calculations and organizing of systems and the like.

"But, doctor! Their existence is too different from ours! How can we possibly acknowledge man-made machines as being the same as humankind?"

She sounds like a kid having a panic attack. A press conference like this one would have a lot of information preceding it. No need to sound like an upset kid who just heard of something.

"Is there any danger of the AIs annihilating us humans to take over the planet?"

What writer allows his ten-year-old kid to write dialogue without checking it?

Or would adults seriously ask if the little programs in a small box, created and sustained by some programmers, would "annihilate" humans through magic and take over the world? And again, these should be Japan's top tech reporters, and reporters from other countries as well. Not a bunch of kids on a school trip.
HegarSep 13, 2020 9:37 AM
Sep 13, 2020 10:24 AM
Jan 2017
i wanted to see what the 2000 years in the underworld where like for the 2 and now im confused with how many days/weeks its been since alice got out and what not
Sep 13, 2020 10:38 AM

Dec 2009
deg said:
and Eugeo is the best in the harem of Kirito again huh

yup, that ending made me tear up: Kirito just cannot forget his sweetheart Eugeo <3
Sep 13, 2020 11:35 AM
Jan 2019
deg said:
Sora_1303 said:

That is not the point. You have to consider Kiritos' emotions. Kirito and Asuna spent 200 years as Huband and wife and after all that time how can someone even think Kirito living someone else?

is that the only possibility? the future has endless possibility my dude and i stick with the possibility that i have in mind especially that in real life marriage does not last forever too for a lot of people especially if the other spouse is dead already

Actually the author of SAO Reki Kawahara tweeted about this today.And in his tweet he says.

"アンダーワールドでの物語を締めくくるに相応しい、とても美しいシーンですね。やはりSAOはキリトとアスナのストーリーであり、それはこれからも変わらないでしょう。「たとえ千年だって長くないよ、キミと一緒なら」というアスナの言葉が全てを象徴しています。 #WoUcom"

Which when translated means

"It's a very beautiful scene that is suitable for ending the story in the underworld. After all, SAO is the story of Kirito and Asuna, and it will not change in the future. Asuna's words, "Even a thousand years are not long, if you are with you," symbolize everything. #WoUcom"
Sep 13, 2020 12:04 PM

Jan 2009
Sora_1303 said:
deg said:

is that the only possibility? the future has endless possibility my dude and i stick with the possibility that i have in mind especially that in real life marriage does not last forever too for a lot of people especially if the other spouse is dead already

Actually the author of SAO Reki Kawahara tweeted about this today.And in his tweet he says.

"アンダーワールドでの物語を締めくくるに相応しい、とても美しいシーンですね。やはりSAOはキリトとアスナのストーリーであり、それはこれからも変わらないでしょう。「たとえ千年だって長くないよ、キミと一緒なら」というアスナの言葉が全てを象徴しています。 #WoUcom"

"It's a very beautiful scene that is suitable for ending the story in the underworld. After all, SAO is the story of Kirito and Asuna, and it will not change in the future. Asuna's words, "Even a thousand years are not long, if you are with you," symbolize everything. #WoUcom"

im only talking about the AI copy of Kirito
Sep 13, 2020 12:11 PM
Jan 2019
deg said:
Sora_1303 said:

im only talking about the AI copy of Kirito

It's still the same.
Sep 13, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2018
So, they finally gave Alice an android body, Tch. IMAO, it's now an abomination......I would've preferred that them mercs destroyed the whole Turtle Island along with Alice......STUPID MERCS!!!!

Reporter asking to show Alice's artificial brain and in turn Alice asking the reporter to show his human brain was a bit of a smartaleck move, pretty much annoying, for that Doctor to empathize a machine like Alice should be given human rights was just one way that the Original Creator's kind of perversion.....

TBFH, I really dislike this ep's analogy of perversion of giving such machine certain rights whether it's flaclights or not...cu'z basically Alice is just a machine whose AI is compose of Codes, program, binary, and algorithms......

Ya know if I can have it my way i would really like to go to that set shot Alice with an RPG and then shout " NO TO SUCH ABOMINATION!!!!" or I would go to Japan , find that asswipe original creator, Reki Kawahara and punch him in the face.....
JiangHaoyi1979Sep 13, 2020 1:15 PM
Sep 13, 2020 12:58 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, that ep went by fast. Alice is introduced to the real world as an AI but she gave one hell of a first impression. Both of them are back and I wonder why Rink called Kirito. The final episode of the season cant wait!
Sep 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Aug 2017
200 years old Kirito and Asuna did a lot of things in the Underworld, much more than I expected. Kirito's memories of Eugeo really continue to affect him while Alice is still getting used to living in the real world, I wonder if she will visit the Underworld again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2020 1:42 PM

Feb 2014
The whole press conference was pretty well done. Alice made a very good impression on her reveal to the real world, and her choice of uniform looked really nice on her. I do like how she shut down one reporter about her "opening" her head to them. XD

Kirito's breakdown near the end of the episode when he remembered Eugeo was pretty sad. It was nice that Suguha was there to comfort him. =)

Higa having a fluctlight of Kirito was properly interesting, though, especially as the Kirito AI wants help from Higa. It'll be interesting to see how the final episode will fold out with that in mind.

Overall, this episode was really good.
Sep 13, 2020 2:13 PM

Nov 2018
I swear to god Eugeo's getting wayy too much credit screen time than he should've got. How this dude's voice reached into the fucking real world?? And man that last scene was kinda overdramatic. As much as i love sao, i just can't seem to get into this season seriously.
Sep 13, 2020 2:17 PM

Jul 2017
The entire Alicization fiasco is done, and Alice is introduced to the world as an AI Fluctlight, in the same school suit as the entire group so far. The press conference itself though, casting doubts upon AI is a given, but credit must be given where its due. Alice's feelings and emotions of Kirito and Co. taken into account to display prominence, that was just powerful.

Kirito and Asuna in their 200-year confinement (they sure did a lot, even becoming King and Queen and joining the Human and Dark Territory together), and erasing those memories thereafter, I'd thought that he's asking for the worse, but it's all well (and not if it continued swelling his body).

In the end, the entire Project Rath is like the original SAO, but not without Kikuoka's interference to connect to the World Seed to save the Underworld people trapped inside.

Interesting that Higa chose to preserve and copy Kirito's Fluctlight, and Kirito, given his foresight from experience, knowing this would happen, laid down the Underworld's conditions for it to be functioning again. And to that extent, Kayaba Akihiko's copy emerging with his? Pandora's Box is wide upon, but the possibilties could once again be deadly.

Eugeo's memories continue to linger in Kirito's mind...the one source that could not be deleted away. In the end, his own sister Suguha comforted him to sadness. And for Alice, is it feel better if she lived purely in the Underworld?

Final episode next week, and the end to a 2 years affair of a major arc.
Sep 13, 2020 2:36 PM
Feb 2018
TheNamelessGuy said:
I swear to god Eugeo's getting wayy too much credit screen time than he should've got. How this dude's voice reached into the fucking real world?? And man that last scene was kinda overdramatic. As much as i love sao, i just can't seem to get into this season seriously.
it didn’t came from UW it came from Kirito’s memory he’s thinking back on his time with Eugeo.
Sep 13, 2020 3:03 PM

Nov 2012
phephra said:
RainyShadow said:
So, they got a "body" for Alice right away, but still neglecting Yui, huh?!

Thank God they are.

ditto.
The Yui character is an endless pit of annoyance for me.
The last thing anyone wants to see is a childlike android chasing after 2 teens calling them Mama and Papa.
Sep 13, 2020 6:04 PM
Jan 2019
deg said:
Sora_1303 said:

That is not the point. You have to consider Kiritos' emotions. Kirito and Asuna spent 200 years as Huband and wife and after all that time how can someone even think Kirito living someone else?

You guys are really delusional with your fan fiction dreams.
Star King spent 200 years with Asuna, as King and Queen, he loved and still loves her.
How can you even believe that he will randomly end up with Alice, a 20 years old he barely knows, not only is stupid to even think about it, but also creepy.
Just deal with the fact that Asuna will always be Kirito's lover, no matter what world they are in.
Kawahara explicity said that SAO is Kirito and Asuna's story and that won't change in the future.
Sep 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
EliAyaseLL said:
deg said:

Star King spent 200 years with Asuna, as King and Queen, he loved and still loves her.
How can you even believe that he will randomly end up with Alice, a 20 years old he barely knows, not only is stupid to even think about it, but also creepy.
Just deal with the fact that Asuna will always be Kirito's lover, no matter what world they are in.
Kawahara explicity said that SAO is Kirito and Asuna's story and that won't change in the future.

again im talking about the AI copy of Kirito that lost his Asuna

and what creepy when its a trope in fiction to have a spouse that is god or immortal that lives for thousands to million of years to a human for example so whats different
Sep 13, 2020 7:31 PM
Jan 2019
deg said:
EliAyaseLL said:

and what creepy when its a trope in fiction to have a spouse that is god or immortal that lives for thousands to million of years to a human for example so whats different

And I repeat :
Star king IS Kirito and just like Kirito he will ALWAYS love Asuna, especially after spending 200 years with her.
Star King's only goal now is to protect Underworld, he certainly doesn't have time to look for a cheap replacement for his queen since he doesn't need one, and remember that he has little left to live.
Even if she is no longer with him, Star King loves Asuna and will NEVER stop loving her.
There is no room for your fan fictions.
Sep 13, 2020 7:38 PM
Jan 2019
EliAyaseLL said:
deg said:

And I repeat :
Star king IS Kirito and just like Kirito he will ALWAYS love Asuna, especially after spending 200 years with her.
Star King's only goal now is to protect Underworld, he certainly doesn't have time to look for a cheap replacement for his queen since he doesn't need one, and remember that he has little left to live.
Even if she is no longer with him, Star King loves Asuna and will NEVER stop loving her.

That is exactly my point. Even the Author said Kirirto And Asuna will always be together which version they may be.
Sep 13, 2020 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
EliAyaseLL said:
deg said:

And I repeat :

I love Asuna Yuuki with all of my heart and soul ♡

Kirisuna
💖

ye ok lets just agree to disagree after seeing how bias you are with this since you never even consider if Alice will pursue this with the AI copy of Kirito in the future novel arcs

EDIT:

for the record im just entertaining the possibility on future arcs this is not some bias fan fiction i have at all
degSep 13, 2020 7:51 PM
Sep 13, 2020 8:17 PM
Jan 2019
deg said:
EliAyaseLL said:

And I repeat :

Kirisuna
💖

ye ok lets just agree to disagree after seeing how bias you are with this since you never even consider if Alice will pursue this with the AI copy of Kirito in the future novel arcs

EDIT:

for the record im just entertaining the possibility on future arcs this is not some bias fan fiction i have at all

It's not being biased, it's being objective.
Even a person who is not a fan of kirito and asuna would tell you that what you say makes no sense and will never come true.
There is anything wrong with shipping two characters but forcing your head canon in the canon story, it's just wrong. I assure you that in UnitalRing Alice is no longer dependent on Kirito, since she never tried to ruin the relationship between Kirito and Asuna and never will. Stop belittling Alice as a character by treating her like a fool who needs to get Kirito to be happy, even if it's a copy of Kirito who is 200 years old, and will NEVER love her, since he's been in love with Asuna for 200 years.
Alice is much more than that. Leave your fan fiction alone and read unital ring if you want to know about the future of sao
Sep 13, 2020 8:20 PM
Jan 2019
Sora_1303 said:
EliAyaseLL said:

And I repeat :

That is exactly my point. Even the Author said Kirirto And Asuna will always be together which version they may be.

it's great how people still can't accept that Kirito and Asuna will be together forever, they've been a couple for 10 years and even Reki said it over and over again.
And it's also amazing how they think that Star King (who is a Kirito who has an even deeper and indestructible bond with Asuna) can suddenly and out of the blue choose a 20-year-old girl he barely knows. Sigh.
Sep 13, 2020 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
EliAyaseLL said:
deg said:

Kirisuna
💖

EDIT:

It's not being biased, it's being objective.
Even a person who is not a fan of kirito and asuna would tell you that what you say makes no sense and will never come true.
There is anything wrong with shipping two characters but forcing your head canon in the canon story, it's just wrong. I assure you that in UnitalRing Alice is no longer dependent on Kirito, since she never tried to ruin the relationship between Kirito and Asuna and never will. Stop belittling Alice as a character by treating her like a fool who needs to get Kirito to be happy, even if it's a copy of Kirito who is 200 years old, and will NEVER love her, since he's been in love with Asuna for 200 years.
Alice is much more than that. Leave your fan fiction alone and read unital ring if you want to know about the future of sao

>It's not being biased, it's being objective.

love is blind its no way objective or logical at all if that is what youre saying

but ye thats enough for me here since you keep insisting its a headcanon of mine when im just entertaining the possibility so im fine if Alice ended up forever alone or whatever
degSep 13, 2020 10:29 PM
Sep 14, 2020 1:57 AM
Jun 2017
Asuna, aline and all Kirito girls and friends: kirito is back in real world.... we must celebrate..

kirito be like: Eugeo... eugeo... (crying)...

sorry girls--- EUGEO WINS... hahaha..

anyways alice is now in real world... lets see how this one will end
Sep 14, 2020 2:09 AM
Nov 2018
Sooooooo the copy of Kirito are they setting that version up to become evil? So kirito has to fight himself one day? Haha
Sep 14, 2020 2:14 AM
Nov 2018
KANLen09 said:

Interesting that Higa chose to preserve and copy Kirito's Fluctlight, and Kirito, given his foresight from experience, knowing this would happen, laid down the Underworld's conditions for it to be functioning again. And to that extent, Kayaba Akihiko's copy emerging with his? Pandora's Box is wide upon, but the possibilties could once again be deadly.

Imagine if Kayaba/kirito memories combined! They could set up a powerful future baddie if it got corrupted
Sep 14, 2020 3:14 AM
Aug 2020
Imagine if the last episode is a competition between Alice and Asuna for Kirito’s Heart
Sep 14, 2020 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
This is the best discussion episode ever.
Nice episode, very cool!
ke1estial said:
Imagine if the last episode is a competition between Alice and Asuna for Kirito’s Heart
Then I am dropping this
Sep 14, 2020 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
HeroSoulReaperX said:
so is alice going to die in the finale?

she'll probably die eventually I've read web novel summary and she sacrificed herself
AlabamagodSep 14, 2020 11:44 AM
Sep 14, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2017
The entire concept of the Fluctlights & Underworld are ethically messed up; firstly, you're creating artificial life as if your God (a balance that human being just should not cross) and then your exposing them to inevitable prejudice and suffering (I mean, human beings have an issue with accepting another human just because of who they are for god sake!).

Then there's the fact that this world exists but it's not actually real and none of the people are. You'd end up with the issue that people want to be in Underworld permanently or experiencing trauma in Underworld that you mess up mental health badly (like Kirito with losing Eugeo in such a traumatic way).

Sorry for the long post... just wanted to get this opinion out there!
Sep 14, 2020 1:47 PM

Jun 2017
I am really glad that the interview was adapted in full. It is one of my favorite parts from the novel. It opens up a lot of ideas that were shown, but never stated throughout the alicization arc.
The little snippets we got about the aftermath of war in the underworld was great.
Asuna's new hairstyle looks surprisingly good. I expected both of them to wake up simultaneously though.
Higa thought he could use Kirito's copy. But it looks to me like it is the other way around. Very curious about how the story will unfold from here on out.
Sep 14, 2020 3:42 PM

May 2020
I'll say it: this was the best episode (in terms of plot) of the season so far. Other episodes had some cool scenes or stunning visuals. But this one is the first episode that I've watched of SAO in a LONGGGG while where my interest and curiosity has been piqued. I assumed this would be the final season of SAO altogether; from what I saw here though, it seems that there's potentially another season in the works in which the real world and the Underworld are once again brought into conflict, one Kirito in each world. That interests me, because this new Kirito actually seems to have a personality, which by contrast should hopefully give the original Kirito a personality (beyond being just guilty and sad about everything that's happened to him). This fixes, hopefully, the fundamental problem with SAO in most of its arcs - main characters with no depth of character. Now I may be completely off-based about where SAO is going in the future, I've never read the light novel, so it could be completely different or the anime could just end after this season. But if I'm right, and if they don't repeat the old mistakes and make the new season fall back into dull characters, then this potential, future season could actually be one of the best. At least it could bring us back to the better SAO arc like Aincrad or Part 1 of Alicization. All in all, I'm cautiously optimistic for any future of SAO, yet I'm scared to put too much faith in it actually turning out well (as it never does for long).
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Sep 14, 2020 4:24 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, the part with Eugeo was actually sad af.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2020 7:45 PM
Jan 2017
Very solid ep, that heartbreaking ending make me cry.
Really really hope they adapt good the epilogue next week.
Sep 15, 2020 7:52 AM
Jun 2020
I love to see how much Kirito loves Eugeo😊, he always cries when he thinks of Eugeo😭, he thinks he can't live without Eugeo🤭, you saw him hugging Asuna in this episode right now😳, he hugged her tighter while talking to Eugeo🤯, (was he thinking about Eugeo while hugging Asuna ...)😏 Asuna better take care of herself or she will lose him to Eugeo😆, even though Eugeo has passed away...😂 poor Kirito is becoming an LGBT characterwithout even realize it😂
Sep 16, 2020 10:34 AM

Jun 2017
Here we come to the last episode, Sad to see the weekly sao end but hyped for the next arc(if they made a season for it).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.