Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Press conference? Alice girl as AI?

That reporter's question is awkward and Alice girl suggesting the same thing to him. There's a female reporter worrying about treating AI as human, too, and Alice girl expressed her feeling to the humans.

Wow, Alice girl sensing Kirito waking up. He told her about her sister. Then he wants 200 years of memory to be deleted.

Main girl also back. They got celebration from the underworld after the end of last ep., it seems.

Needing to protect that world.

Copying the memory, huh. His voice was so deep (as expected from him living for 200 years). He mentioned that the world is unstable. Needing that man in robot's memory to solve it.

Main guy in pain and his "sister" asked him to talk it out at ED.

Phone call in the morning. One more ep. "New World"
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 12, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Welcome to the real world Alice, I doubt it's a robot ... I mean it look like a human, that press conference is so absurd. It's good to see Kirito wake up, finally I can see Asuna and Kirito in the real world, stay cool Kiritod.

Kayaba is still alive, I'm a little confused by that bastard. I thought there would be a bed scene with Asuna, damn.

Sep 12, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Alice sure knows how to make an impression to the world. An intelligent character like her draws in people with just her presence.

Kirito's reunion with Alice though...you can tell she's really glad to see him again despite everything that happened. Suguha is also back in the real world with Kirito.
Sep 12, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2020
Finally Alice came to the real world, when she was interviewed, she looked very calm, and elegant.

And I was also happy, when I saw Kirito and Asuna return.
Sep 12, 2020 8:37 AM

Feb 2018
tsubasalover said:
Phone call in the morning. One more ep. "New World"
why did Rinko call Kirito, is there a problem with Kayaba ... hhmmm
Sep 12, 2020 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Alice finally in real world and Kirito and Asuna's back too, I'm really happy for all of em.

Alice's conversation with the reporters were seriously great and XD she was quite brutal too. Also I love that she sensed Kirito's awakening.

Damn wth did Higa do, he kept a copy of Kirito's 200 years of memories. Now Kirito's copy and Kayaba's copy gonna meet? That will be lit but I'm quite worried too. I feel like we'll see this copy version of Kirito as the protagonist in some upcoming arc and that will be really weird tbh.

Alice is really worried it seems and Rinko calls Kirito in the next morning. Hope nothing bad happened to Alice.

Can't believe there's just one more episode left. Alicization has been a great arc as a whole and sigh it's finally ending with next episode.
MegamiRemSep 19, 2020 12:43 AM
Sep 12, 2020 9:56 AM
Jan 2019
Syureria said:
Welcome to the real world Alice, I doubt it's a robot ... I mean it look like a human, that press conference is so absurd. It's good to see Kirito wake up, finally I can see Asuna and Kirito in the real world, stay cool Kiritod.

Kayaba is still alive, I'm a little confused by that bastard. I thought there would be a bed scene with Asuna, damn.

It is A Robot. Alices' lightcube is installed in that android body.
Sep 12, 2020 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
Let’s goooo, they kept the “there’s a real worlder I love” line in. I’ll never slander A-1 again.

Pure Alice episode, by far my favourite SAO ep all time. 10/10. Don’t really have any issues with anything. At the core of its story, SAO is about the line between reality and the virtual world and this episode represents everything that we’ve been building up to since Aincrad. One more episode to go, the box scene.

gonna be sad to not have SAO on Saturdays.
Sep 12, 2020 10:06 AM

Nov 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Let’s goooo, they kept the “there’s a real worlder I love” line in. I’ll never slander A-1 again.

Pure Alice episode, by far my favourite SAO ep all time. 10/10. Don’t really have any issues with anything. At the core of its story, SAO is about the line between reality and the virtual world and this episode represents everything that we’ve been building up to since Aincrad. One more episode to go, the box scene.

gonna be sad to not have SAO on Saturdays.

A-1 coming through for best girl Alice.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
Sep 12, 2020 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Alice in the real world. She was really calm while answering all the questions.

Spending two hundred years in the Underworld sure took a toll on Kirito. His eyes looked dead when he woke up.
Keeping the memories he had with Eugeo... I almost teared up. Stay cool Kirito.

One more episode to go.

Sep 12, 2020 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Not to be very offensive and insulting. But Higa you are a mindless idiot to do something reckless like that. Although if you can find a way to save the underworld then I guess I can be fine with it. But seriously taking or creating a back up of the Kirito AI form the underworld seems risky man. Like literally... but who knows. This can benefit to save the underworld.
Sep 12, 2020 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
Poor Kirito, he cries every time he remembers Eugeo, and that happens once every episode.

Wonder what Alice mean by saying what she said, the last episode could go anywhere.
Sep 12, 2020 10:19 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Alice is finally revealed to the world. Digging her in the school uniform. The press conference sure was fun with Alice's responses being especially so. AI rights though is an intriguing topic. Kikuoka having to play dead to satisfy high command though didn't sit well with me. He at the least deserved a medal. The questions about AI's wiping out humans sure is a common theme even in the future it seems. Its nice to see Kirito and Asuna return to the real world and in time to see Alice's debut as well. Its a shame that they had to delete Kirito and Asuna's time over there. But the amount of memories means that storing them will have been impossible in a human brain. Though underworld was secured from the yanks the fact the the governments of the world are also looking to take advantage sure adds another can of worms that Kirito and allies must address. The final scene of Kirito crying because of the lost memories sure was sad. Overall a solid ep that managed to reveal Alice to the real world while also setting the scene for the finale that will see Kirito and co try and find a way to protect underworld from the governments.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
A surprisingly nice episode.
Sep 12, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Alice remembers the talk of Quinella saying that what if the real worlders have their own creators or gods too so do they want to be slaves too? nice touch there

and Kayaba still has a copy somewhere like i expected him too this is like Ghost in the Shell with the Puppeteer same with Kirito the copy too

im not gonna be surprise if the AI copy of Kirito will be ship or partnered with Alice though

what will happen to Alice now

and Eugeo is the best in the harem of Kirito again huh
Sep 12, 2020 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
We got a robot waifu now !!

They kinda brushed over the fact that they were king and queen of the underworld and all that stuff.

Poor Kirito, still suffering every time he remembers Eugeo.
Sep 12, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
Lots and lots of talk about artificial intelligence. Alice is finally outside in the real world. She's had her grand debut to the real world populace. That press conference wasnt too welcoming towards Alice. Some really narrow minded questions. Asking her to open up her head and to see her brain. Perfect response by Alice to ask that idiot to do the same then she would. That woman reporter asking about the rights and accessibility of such artificial intelligence. Thinking there's no way mankind could see them as human. Rinko giving another perfect response, saying maybe not now but in a century of even two people could think of them that way. See them as human, love them, raise families with them. It's certainly possible with assimilation.

Having people from the real world interact with artificial fluctlight and learn more about them. Society as a whole could change their attitude towards them. Alice and the people from the real world whom entered underworld and interacted with her are a testament to that. Of course too a doofus near the end thinking the artificial intelligence could rise up and kill all the humans, basing it off movies and books. Like dude shut up and gtfo.

Anyways, got pretty emotional when Kirito asked Kikuoka to protect the underworld. Both him and Asuna have their all those two hundred years and now don't want that whole world with those people thrown away. Lucky that Higa copied Kirito two hundred years old fluctlight. They can use that along with Kayaba copied fluctlight to discover something new. Definitely interesting. Nearly bawled my eyes out when Kirito thought back to his years with Eugeo. Oh man just hearing his voice brings up so much pain. One more episode left, the new world.
Sep 12, 2020 10:32 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was so heart touching
Sep 12, 2020 10:34 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Alice appears in the real world as a android at a press conference. She was getting all kinds of questions including the one about AI's taking over the world. I think she is going to have a difficult time adjusting to the real world and interacting with the general public. Now we have Kirito in the from of an AI that exists in Underworld. How long before he goes rouge?

Kirito tearing up about loosing his Underworld memories, well its time for him to make new memories in the real world while he still can.
Sep 12, 2020 10:37 AM

Apr 2018
This episode is really incredible, but I would like to know if Alice will actually pursue her love interest or not..
Sep 12, 2020 10:41 AM
Dec 2015
deg said:
Alice remembers the talk of Quinella saying that what if the real worlders have their own creators or gods too so do they want to be slaves too? nice touch there

and Kayaba still has a copy somewhere like i expected him too this is like Ghost in the Shell with the Puppeteer same with Kirito the copy too

im not gonna be surprise if the AI copy of Kirito will be ship or partnered with Alice though

how can you ship him with alice
after he lived with sauna for 200 years?
not gona happen
Sep 12, 2020 10:42 AM

Dec 2012
Finally an episode focused on Alice!

This was probably the best episode of this season, since there were no stupid fights with bullshit power-ups and... ghosts.

The questions posed on the Alice conference were somewhat reasonable and the whole scene was great.

Higa-san, gotta hand it to you man, I'm vibing hard with Kirito's 200yo. fluctlight. When he said that this Kirito was the only human who has been alive for more than 2 centuries it kinda gave me chills.

We got to see a few moments of the accelerated time on Underworld and oh boy was it great.. I'm assuming this time-skip will be milked after the franchise runs out of material. Not complaining though, it has piqued my interest.

My overall opinion on this show won't change much, I'm still rating this as the worst SAO season so far, but this was definitely an alright episode.

Let's see what's going to happen on the finale.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Sep 12, 2020 10:46 AM

Jun 2020
Good episode, although I was hoping for it not being as convenient as 'delete my memories of the past 200 years'
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 12, 2020 10:47 AM

Feb 2018
Sora_1303 said:
I already know if the character design should be the same as the real one in the underworld, the robot will feel good if it has lines, bolts, and antennae. Maybe the technology in the SAO timeline is modern so the robot looks like a human.
Sep 12, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
kun_kirito said:
deg said:

not gona happen

it can happen heck even in real life love is not forever too anyway
Sep 12, 2020 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
Ha-ha, that reporter got told by Alice.
Sep 12, 2020 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
So much going on. I even rewatched last half of eps before to get a handle on the situation as it started with this press conference. Kirito and Asuna spent an additional 200 years in underworld, but it looks like it turned out peaceful. Memories deleted. Alice in the real world. But the big question this eps left is whats with that Kirito memory clone. Getting into similar territory posed by last couple of weeks of railgun story. What exactly is it, and how will it think, and feel and more importantly react.

Wild shit. Love it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 12, 2020 10:55 AM
Jan 2019
Syureria said:
Sora_1303 said:
I already know if the character design should be the same as the real one in the underworld, the robot will feel good if it has lines, bolts, and antennae. Maybe the technology in the SAO timeline is modern so the robot looks like a human.

Even now there are robots that look exactly like humans do. So that isn't that big of a deal compared to devices that can read and alter the human soul.
Sep 12, 2020 11:07 AM

Apr 2015
Great Episode!

All I can say is, seeing Alice as an Android made me so happy and basically the first thing she does after introducing herself is roasting the hell out of an interviewer. Brilliant!!

Alice sensed Kirito waking up and went straight there, the girl is in love!!

Not so surprising to hear Kirito and Asuna were king and queen in the Underworld. What is surprising however, is the copy that Higa made of Kirito's Fluchlight. I wonder if that will ever develop into something later on in the story!

Those Euegeo memories, what's with all this pain this season T_T

Also for next week, can I get a shot of Alice from the front when she wears that dress?? Oh my was she rocking that dress so well!
Sep 12, 2020 11:07 AM
Jan 2019
deg said:
kun_kirito said:

not gona happen

I can tell you right now with 100% guarantee that Kirito and Asuna will end up marrying. It doesn't matter whoever loves him, Kirito only loves Asuna ( in a romantic way. They are soul mates) End of story. And how can you even doubt their love after they spend 200 years with each other?
Sep 12, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
Sora_1303 said:
deg said:

I can tell you right now with 100% guarantee that Kirito and Asuna will end up marrying. It doesn't matter whoever loves him, Kirito only loves Asuna ( in a romantic way. They are soul mates) End of story. And how can you even doubt their love after they spend 200 years with each other?

im talking about the AI copy of Kirito he is lonely right now
Sep 12, 2020 11:15 AM
May 2017
If only r34 does not exist then the scene where Alice is introduced as a sentient AI would be awe inspiring and wholesome. Another bed scene and sister comforting her step-brother *not really* scene, we all knew where this is going.

I don't know why people downplays the fact that old Kirito said he will "fight". Calls Asuna "majesty" and that he is inquiring about Kayaba's whereabouts is really unnerving. I imagine Kirito vs Kayaba+Old Kirito for the independence of AIs. Maybe Kirito+Kayaba vs Old Kirito or maybe even Kirito+Kayaba+Old Kirito vs world as it's final showdown. We don't know. Either way, a Kirito will be the emperor of AIs and one of the Kirito shall sacrifice for their own goal. Though I feel like the Old Kirito fights for the world and Kirito fights for the people. Two principles that one day will surely clash one way or another
Sep 12, 2020 11:22 AM
Jan 2019
deg said:
Sora_1303 said:

Dude, he is 200+ years old and most of that time he spent with Asuna. Just because he is lonely doesn't mean he'll end up loving Alice. And don't you think it's weird ( or awkward) if a 200 year old guy end up falling in love with a 19 yaer old girl just beacuse he is lonely?
Sep 12, 2020 11:23 AM

Jan 2009
Sora_1303 said:
deg said:

Dude, he is 200+ years old and most of that time he spent with Asuna. Just because he is lonely doesn't mean he'll end up loving Alice. And don't you think it's weird ( or awkward) if a 200 year old guy end up falling in love with a 19 yaer old girl just beacuse he is lonely?

its not what happen to age does not matter as long as age of consent is reach
Sep 12, 2020 11:32 AM
Jan 2019
deg said:
Sora_1303 said:

That is not the point. You have to consider Kiritos' emotions. Kirito and Asuna spent 200 years as Huband and wife and after all that time how can someone even think Kirito loving someone else?
Sora_1303Sep 13, 2020 7:32 PM
Sep 12, 2020 11:32 AM

Sep 2018
Even Kirito knows that Eugeo is the Best Girl!
well that's just my opinion.....
Sep 12, 2020 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
Sora_1303 said:
deg said:

That is not the point. You have to consider Kiritos' emotions. Kirito and Asuna spent 200 years as Huband and wife and after all that time how can someone even think Kirito living someone else?

is that the only possibility? the future has endless possibility my dude and i stick with the possibility that i have in mind especially that in real life marriage does not last forever too for a lot of people especially if the other spouse is dead already
Sep 12, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2018
Episode 21: July 7, 2026
--- (The day we went sonic with the Fluctlight Acceleration Rate, I'm aware that Kirito said that they would be "a minimum of 200 years" in Underworld)
Episode 22: August 1, 2026
--- (The day RATH is announcing ALICE to the world and Asuna & Kirito still being in Underworld until the very moment they wake up...)
Let's say 25 days, 24 hours a day which makes it 600 hours = 36.000 minutes.
If I remember correctly, 1 minute IRL is 10 years in Underworld...
Am I actually missing something here? :(

Aside of all that; Oh boy, we have Alice in the real world and her interaction with the real-worlders is just gold. And the fluctlight of Kirito (200 years) and Kayaba are still intact and Kirito needs his help? That is literally opening Pandora's box!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 12, 2020 11:53 AM

Apr 2020
2 words,
(Good episode)
Wasn’t expecting it to be, but stuff happens and sao is kinda getting better, true there were some dull moments in the series which made want to vomit but I’m glad I stuck with it, 1 more ep to go, don’t disappoint us.
Sep 12, 2020 12:01 PM

Jun 2020
I love it! Love all of it! Alice's interaction with real worlders are hilarious. One more episode left till we pack it up! I loved this journey.

I said keep your hands on the table
Sep 12, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2018
So Alice in real world now is a robot? But then in the press conference the girl said there's possibilities real word human might marry people in Underworld in future?
Sep 12, 2020 12:19 PM

Feb 2020
Another great episode. Eugeo asserting his best bro dominance once again.

Also it would be nice if A-1 Pictures could adapt volumes 19 and 20 (OVA style or whatever) which are about Kirito and Asuna's time in the Underworld during the 200 year period.
Sep 12, 2020 12:19 PM
Jan 2019
Koito91 said:
Episode 21: July 7, 2026
--- (The day we went sonic with the Fluctlight Acceleration Rate, I'm aware that Kirito said that they would be "a minimum of 200 years" in Underworld)
Episode 22: August 1, 2026
--- (The day RATH is announcing ALICE to the world and Asuna & Kirito still being in Underworld until the very moment they wake up...)
Let's say 25 days, 24 hours a day which makes it 600 hours = 36.000 minutes.
If I remember correctly, 1 minute IRL is 10 years in Underworld...
Am I actually missing something here? :(

Aside of all that; Oh boy, we have Alice in the real world and her interaction with the real-worlders is just gold. And the fluctlight of Kirito (200 years) and Kayaba are still intact and Kirito needs his help? That is literally opening Pandora's box!

You certainly missed something. Kirito and Asuna were logged out of underworld in 19 minutes and 40 seconds after the beginning of maximum acceleration phase. But they didn't wake up for another 3 weeks due to the shock of what they went through.
Sep 12, 2020 12:21 PM
Apr 2015
I'm disappointed. Of course, the episode was excellent, but I hoped an episode focus on Kirito/Asuna's ship and their relationship in the Underworld
and instead, we had a another member of Kirito's harem. Urg.
In the other hand, the Alice's speech was really good and interresting, and the last episode, probably focus on Kirito/Kayaba will be interesting.
Sep 12, 2020 12:22 PM

Oct 2017
So, they got a "body" for Alice right away, but still neglecting Yui, huh?!

Good episode, anyways.
Sep 12, 2020 12:22 PM
Jun 2020
Gorochu said:
So Alice in real world now is a robot? But then in the press conference the girl said there's possibilities real word human might marry people in Underworld in future?

yep thats nuts how can a human flesh and blood have sex with a robot
Sep 12, 2020 12:30 PM

Mar 2018
Sora_1303 said:
You certainly missed something. Kirito and Asuna were logged out of underworld in 19 minutes and 40 seconds after the beginning of maximum acceleration phase. But they didn't wake up for another 3 weeks due to the shock of what they went through.

Ah, this is indeed the puzzle piece I was missing. Was expecting the hospital again but then again, we're talking about fluctlights and the whole 200 years of memory that they can't possibly keep so it makes sense them still being there. Thanks!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 12, 2020 12:35 PM

Apr 2016
I loved this episode, all was so beautiful, I was hoping it would never end. The next episode is the last one, it's so sad.
Sep 12, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2020
RainyShadow said:
So, they got a "body" for Alice right away, but still neglecting Yui, huh?!

Thank God they are.

Maruseru93 said:
yep thats nuts how can a human flesh and blood have sex with a robot

I guess it's some Blade Runner shit.

Anyways, great episode. Best episode of this season, if only all characters in this show were like Alice.
Looking forward for the finale.
Sep 12, 2020 1:22 PM
May 2020
Idk, but I feel that this was the best episode of this season! I loved the way Alice confronted the reporters. Kirito and Asuna lived for 200 years in the underworld and are finally back. Kirito and kayeba! We don't know what might happen next. I hope that SAO will return soon.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 19, 2020

320 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Jan 15, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.