Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 12, 2020 12:40 AM

Jan 2020
The title says it all.
I love this anime since my middle school years, when I really started it (and rn I'm rewatching it, because I don't remember a lot and back then I understood, like, 10% of the dialogues).
As I remembered, I love the animation, the colours, and the simple kind of reality this anime express. It is nice to see something so calm after all the dynamic shows I always watch.
Oreki is just a normal bored teen, Satoshi the upbeat friend who is actually as smart as him, and the two girls are really anime but also enjoyable as much as the boys.
So yeah, it is nothing out of the ordinary, obviously there's a little exaggeration on the importance of those misteries, but that's mainly because:
● It's an anime, without a little drama it would be boring af
● The characters are 15-16 years old, so obviously a little mistery is, for them, the biggest drama they could ever find in their life

But after watching around 15 episodes, I noticed that the anime was becoming kinda boring.
Not because it wasn't interesting or good anymore: I think that the more you go on, the more this anime adds drama and become good (if I remember correctly, back in the days I loved the winter arc), but at the same time, it starts to become less interesting.
Maybe it's the extreme sense of peace and tranquility it has, maybe it's Oreki (who, to be completely honest, is kinda boring himself, even if he is a great protagonist), I can't really tell. But it really happened to me to fall asleep while watching an episode, and that's something that never happened to me with an anime.

I can't say I dislike Hyouka, because I love it, really. But at the same time, I find it boring now, after merely 15 episodes, and I can't even bring myself back to finish it.
Does anyone feel like me about this anime, or it is just me?
Sep 12, 2020 5:08 AM
Jun 2020
Fraxxo said:
The title says it all.
I love this anime since my middle school years, when I really started it (and rn I'm rewatching it, because I don't remember a lot and back then I understood, like, 10% of the dialogues).
As I remembered, I love the animation, the colours, and the simple kind of reality this anime express. It is nice to see something so calm after all the dynamic shows I always watch.
Oreki is just a normal bored teen, Satoshi the upbeat friend who is actually as smart as him, and the two girls are really anime but also enjoyable as much as the boys.
So yeah, it is nothing out of the ordinary, obviously there's a little exaggeration on the importance of those misteries, but that's mainly because:
● The characters are 15-16 years old, so obviously a little mistery is, for them, the biggest drama they could ever find in their life

But after watching around 15 episodes, I noticed that the anime was becoming kinda boring.
Not because it wasn't interesting or good anymore: I think that the more you go on, the more this anime adds drama and become good (if I remember correctly, back in the days I loved the winter arc), but at the same time, it starts to become less interesting.
Maybe it's the extreme sense of peace and tranquility it has, maybe it's Oreki (who, to be completely honest, is kinda boring himself, even if he is a great protagonist), I can't really tell. But it really happened to me to fall asleep while watching an episode, and that's something that never happened to me with an anime.

I can't say I dislike Hyouka, because I love it, really. But at the same time, I find it boring now, after merely 15 episodes, and I can't even bring myself back to finish it.
Stop watching it unless you want to hate it by the end, never force yourself to watch or read anything and this is coming from a guy who loves this series
Sep 12, 2020 5:44 AM

Jan 2020
User_is_OP said:
Fraxxo said:
The title says it all.

Stop watching it unless you want to hate it by the end, never force yourself to watch or read anything and this is coming from a guy who loves this series

I don't really use to hate anime or whatever. I stopped watching Hyouka one month ago and I'll restart from where I left when I'll feel like it, but really, that's not something that bother me.
Plus, I said I really like this anime despite it being boring.
Oct 22, 2020 1:43 PM

May 2017
I also found it boring at first. I think I first started to watch it several years ago, dropped it. Started up again but on the last episode I had progressed to and realized I had lost all context. So this time, I decided to take the show on its own terms(mystery solving) and I flew by it in a few days. 5/5.
Oct 23, 2020 12:26 PM
Aug 2020
Fraxxo said:
User_is_OP said:

I don't really use to hate anime or whatever. I stopped watching Hyouka one month ago and I'll restart from where I left when I'll feel like it, but really, that's not something that bother me.
Plus, I said I really like this anime despite it being boring.

I didn't finish it too so i can understand u
Oct 23, 2020 1:15 PM
Jun 2020
smoledman said:
I also found it boring at first. I think I first started to watch it several years ago, dropped it. Started up again but on the last episode I had progressed to and realized I had lost all context. So this time, I decided to take the show on its own terms(mystery solving) and I flew by it in a few days. 5/5.

Same. Dropped it twice on my first and second attempt. But after a long break, I picked it back up and was surprised to find I watched the whole thing in one go. It was quite enjoyoble, but I don't think it'll be making my re-watch list any time soon. Still a pretty good anime though.
Oct 23, 2020 4:32 PM

Jul 2019
Well it doesn't sound like you love it at all. You can't use that word on something you can't even bring yourself to watch.

I was engaged since the first episode and I haven't binged like this in a while, it was super hard to bring myself to NOT watch it all in a single day (I ended up finishing it in a week).

It was super hard to take this long. It's one of my favorite anime now and my only complaint is that it's not finished. I was really hoping for closure because I thought it was an adaptation of a completed story but that isn't the case.

Anyways, you can't fault the anime for that. For a "first season" it was amazing and I'm baffled the MAL score is so low. It should be 8.5+. It's a complete travesty that other anime get away with a high score while Hyouka is this low lmao.
Oct 27, 2020 7:38 AM

Jul 2019
Yeah it needs certain mood to watch it. Definitely not the type of anime I like to binge but enjoyed most of it.
Oct 28, 2020 4:28 PM

Oct 2020
I found it boring at first. But I gave it another try and thought it was good , interesting and i liked the level of “drama”. I even decided to read the novels which were very entertaining too
Oct 28, 2020 4:30 PM

Sep 2020
I agree wholeheartedly.... I can't even remember if I finished it or not to be honest. The art was amazing which is why I think I finished it..???? The openings and endings were really fun and I really enjoyed the characters but the plot never actually interested me too much.
Nov 2, 2020 6:01 AM

Jan 2020
Nah, not me surely,.I love it more and more with every rewatch and will rewatch it at this year's end

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.