Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 14, 2020 10:34 AM

Dec 2009
Hahh, this was nice. And the fish comments were golden. :D And lastly the fourth girl will appear. But still, Chizuru stays no. 1!
Sep 14, 2020 6:52 PM

Jan 2016
Lending the person you love to your friend in need... Ok, that's heroic in a way but not the smartest move xD

Average episode, hopefully things get spicier with the new girl next week
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 16, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2019
A SHY "BEST GIRL" HAS APPEARED!!!!!

Cant wait for next episode...

#TeamSUMI
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 16, 2020 10:15 PM

Aug 2008
About time we get introduced to the last girl!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 18, 2020 12:25 PM

Feb 2008
Good for Kuribayashi. His recovery was for the best, as his Twitter feed got really misogynistic...

It seems that Kazuya will get lent out next.
Sep 18, 2020 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice! the shy girl is up next!
i always thought of Asta everytime Shun speaks! lolz!
5/5.

Sep 18, 2020 9:20 PM
Aug 2019
i dont know about renting ur gf to someone else..thats cutting it lose to ntr..and u can clearly see that mizuhara is begining to realize she likes kazuya, so its a bit werid..fuck this ep, except the parts whre mizuhara realises she likes kaxzuya
Sep 20, 2020 5:46 PM

Aug 2017
At first, I thought that Kazuya helping Kiri would have been a waste of time and would only create more problems. Surprisingly, everything ended well and Kazuya was able to tell his secret since he knows Kiri's secret. A good compensation. 4/5

AcD4c said:
I think their relationship was supposed to be a secret? At this pacing Kazuya should tell everyone Mizuhara is a rental girlfriend.

Kazuya knows that Kiri had a rental girlfriend so it makes sense that he tells his secret too.
NurguburuSep 20, 2020 5:51 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 26, 2020 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
It's nice of Kazuya to cheer Kuri up by paying for Chizuru to go on a date with Kuri, and it's great that he finally cem clean to Kuri. But this is just the first step, he has his other friends and especially his family and his heart to come clean. The lies won't last forever. It's better, to tell the truth on his own accord rather than accidentally or event worse, being exposed by someone like Mami. That'll be the true nightmare.
Oct 1, 2020 4:56 AM

Aug 2020
KANLen09 said:
As if Ruka's not irritating enough, her being an inclusion into Kazuya's workplace is just an exercise in further frustration.

.and we know WHO it is that's coming. TOTAL HYPE for shy girl Sumi!

I can understand it sounds intrusive that Ruka comes to work there. But looking from her perspective it's totally logical. Chizuru lives next door to Kazuya, so Ruka already feels quite a few steps behind. This is the best plan she can come up with.

Uzaki does the same in the manga/anime and no one has a problem with it, because there is just one main love interest for the MC. The only people who object, will probably object against anything that happens in the anime anyway.

With Rent-a-Girlfriend it's different, often the perception of events in the anime/manga seems to change, depending on who's your favorite girl.

Looking forward to Sumi. She's almost my favorite girl, indeed you'd want to protect her smile.
Oct 21, 2020 1:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Fish is the goat

Today on losers being with top tier waifus, we have some heartfelt interactions in the form of kazuya sacrificing a bit of himself to help another loser friend. I guess that dynamic between them is sweet. He is a loser but at least he still has a good heart. Also Mizuhara is just so good at being just a person who's willing to help. Sure she gets paid but still....

While it's a fun concept for a light-hearted anime, still can't really get behind renting a girl for a date. Similar to Plastic Memories when they take away something that basically is a family member away after a few years. This is meant to be a fun dumb anime so I guess as long as it's not too serious the concept is fine... I guess.

So mizuhara is finally asking for a favor from kazuya after him asking for so many from her... and this isn't even really a favor. Pretty sure he doesn't mind at all going on date with yet another cute girl- free of charge...

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 25, 2020 3:32 AM

Aug 2020
Kazuya trying to cheer up his buddy is nice. Allthough her vague reply when Kuri asked if she could fall for a client, might have given him the wrong idea. Which shows the main problem with Chizuru, she's so good at acting, that her kindness can easily get mistaken. Is it her "girlfriend mode" doing the talking, trying to please a client, or what she really thinks and feels?

Chizuru breaking her own rule of no contact adds to more confusion. Come to think of it, confusing is probably one of the keywords to describe this anime and the manga source material. Constant mixed messages, throwing in more complications, and telling the truth is considered a no-no.

Still, it has it's moments, and the girls are cute, which makes up for a lot.
Dec 19, 2020 10:28 PM

Aug 2019
ok so what you're telling me, is that Kazuya pretty much NTRed himself? I- ok sure yeh ok i'll give him that one i guess. I mean massive props to Kazuya, he helped his homie get a dopamine rush i suppose, and helped fix his mood. Whether that actually was the only solution to the situation, or it was the only one his brain could come up with a solution to, is a whole other question entirely.

ngl, sometimes i just forget half the characters in this anime like mami and Ruka, and i actually completely forgot about the whole "kazuya is technically renting chizuru out so he can overcome mami and find a new girlfriend" plot point. Like i want to like this anime more especially after the beach arc (especially for Kazuya and chizuru) but ever since then, every time a new episode starts i just feel my eyes roll to the back of my head and i just space out till the end.
Dec 26, 2020 11:15 PM
Apr 2020
Shun is literally so adorable in this and I'm so glad Kazuya did that for him. Also the ending leaves a lot for people to wait for.. can't wait to watch the next episode.
Feb 11, 2021 12:01 AM

Jan 2017
wa, really did not see Kazuya confessing his lie to any of his friends (or family), so here's my kudos to him 👏
Mar 6, 2021 5:42 PM
Feb 2021
The first scene is hilarious
Mar 8, 2021 1:15 AM
Jun 2019
This episode was great. I really enjoyed it the most interesting part for me is Kazuyas character because while he's awkward and impulsive he's not a bad person. He reminds me of a guy in his 20s who hasn't really had a girlfriend and doesn't know where to begin. And while a lot that happens can be very cringe and awkward at times it feels very grounded in reality and I enjoy that.
Mar 8, 2021 3:21 PM

Feb 2021
here comes the wave of flusters hahahhaha
Apr 1, 2021 3:51 PM

Mar 2019
I keep being ok with Kazuya and I liked how he behaved with his friend, but he instantly goes back to trash when he makes those annoying horny moments. Like for example, I would have loved if at the end, those two had a normal and serious conversation instead of Kazuya getting ready for a date that will change his life or something. Also, I feel like Chizuru likes Kazuya (well it's kind of obvious).

Sumi is coming, finally!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 10, 2021 8:17 AM
Mar 2021
I HATE THIS EPISODES BCS SHUN, I JUST WANNA SEE MIZUHARA ONLY DATING WITH KAZUYA
Apr 19, 2021 7:29 PM
Mar 2021
I HATE THIS EPISODE AF, BECAUSE SHUN DATING WITH CHIZURU, WHAT I WANT IS ONLY MIZUHARA DATING WITH KAZUYA, I HATE THE AUTHOR OF THIS ANIME!
Apr 22, 2021 11:10 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode! Still, have to give Kazuya some ups for actually willing to reveal his secret between him and Chiziru.

I was wondering, why Kuri has a similar voice. Turns out, he's freaking Asta from Black Clover!!!!!

This is probably what Asta sounds like if he's desperate for love XD

Finally, a new girl. But damn, the season is about to be over in 2 episodes. Why are Anime seasons so damn short nowadays :(
Jul 25, 2021 2:14 PM

Feb 2012
Ruka's hair ribbon is so expressive, it's adorable. Suddenly gigantic at 00:04 and shrinks again haha

Telling Kuri the truth was what Kazuya planned to do before Ruka started crying in episode 7. Kuri no longer has to feel embarrassed now he realizes Kazuya is in a similar situation. But I think Kuri made Chizuru question what her relationship with Kazuya really is.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 20, 2022 4:49 PM

May 2021
As much idiotic as Kazuya may be, he's still quite the kind-hearted boy heling his bro in the time of need.

Jul 4, 2022 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
Lame episode, wasn't interesting at all. Seems like new girl will also be a rental girlfriend, I thought her situation would be different. Chizuru hinted at having feelings for the dude she's ripping off, cool...
Jul 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Mar 2018
let's go! I'm pumped for some day in the life of sumi <3
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jan 31, 2023 11:20 AM
Jan 2023
Adore, tão de parabéns!
Feb 18, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2010
Chizuru is a top tier waifu!
May 26, 2023 9:33 PM

Dec 2022
That was a really strange way for Kuzuya to reveal to Kuri that Chizuru is a rental girlfriend... and just really awkward. BUT I guess he did it with good intentions so that's one point in his favour.

I actually think Kuri is so sweet and I hope he gets a girlfriend who really cares for him.
Jun 28, 2023 9:30 AM
Jun 2023
Ok. That's all i have to say
Jul 11, 2023 2:42 PM
Apr 2019
Kuri looks like he has squirrel teeth.
Sep 24, 2023 3:54 AM
Aug 2021
This was just a wholesome episode tbh. He did all of that for his friend. He is a loyal friend.
Oct 7, 2023 9:38 PM
Jun 2023
This anime gives me so much second-hand embarrassment. It makes it so hard to watch, but that's why it's so good!
Feb 8, 2:13 PM
Jul 2023
a lillte crazy but cute
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.