Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2020 4:08 AM

Oct 2008
This episode is purely an advertisement to promote Tottori Prefecture in the Chūgoku region of Honshu, Japan.
And a lot of Kitarou reference! and a damn lot of high quality CG youkai!

if you guys didn't get this fellasaurus, just PM me and i'll give you the source...lolz

anywayz 5/5!
matias067Sep 13, 2020 4:11 AM

Sep 13, 2020 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
another fun yet hilarious episode. totally enjoyed this episode. also, the background scenery like Tottori and everything was gorgeous.

I died when they used Uzaki's mom's fanservice to promote the Onsen. I'm not complaining but why? it's just so random lmaoo.
Sep 13, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Well well, isn't this episode ONE HUGE INFOMERCIAL for the real Tottori Prefecture in Japan. Plus, it's anime-original too.

Sakurai and Uzaki aren't alone in their trip...thankfully there's Sakaki and Ami to contend with (well, mostly just stalking duties).

The moment of sharing a red bean filled fish with an indirect kiss for both Sakurai and Uzaki, it sure is slow realization. Here comes the cat again...and to make maters worse, Sakaki and Ami's plan of luring both of them to a love shrine, that was the perfect bait to be chewed on for lovers.

All those "romantic" moments of hilarity (even getting close to Sakurai and Sakaki's one moment of gayness) was just a treat, NGL I LOLed my heart out this episode. The Tottori-focused ED is nice too.

Nice episode.
Sep 13, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
man.. this original anime episode was pretty Enjoyable and wholesome, that beautiful advertisement and Infomercial of Tottori prefecture.. with that so much of Tottori references from the location itself, the food, the unique culture and places. In Addition the moments of Sakurai and Uzaki denying each other feelings were so funny and adorable especially with "Super shipping wingman touch" from both Sakaki and Ami XD, they so desperate to see SakuraiUzaki being lovey dovey XD.

Really love this episode, the way they picturing Tottori in this was really good without forgetting the touch of SakuraiUzaki itself. I love to see a lot of references, from Detective Conan(the BGM and black silhouette tho XD) to Gegege no Kitaro even Madoka LOL and such funny representation of Yokai, seems like watching a wonderful tour guide of Tottori while watching and shipping these two Doofus so hard ( we fully represent Sakaki and Ami at this point haha...), they even made special ED scene sequences for this "Tottori episode".
That Uzaki mama, and Ami's dad appearance tho hahahaa..

and... 2 more episodes left, didn't realise almost reaching the finale.. of the adaptation, looking from the source itself (manga) still ongoing and the adaptation just adapted half of it yet.... really hoped for the sequel tho.. these two were so hilarious and adorable ... can't wait to finish this in 2 weeks.

r16fourarmSep 13, 2020 1:54 PM
Sep 13, 2020 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
This episode was sponsored by Tottori city hall or tourism agency lol xD
Sep 13, 2020 4:16 PM
Jul 2018

This is one of the most pointless animes I’ve ever watched lmfao. But for once I’m not complaining. It was leisurely. I was generally amused. Even after watching 100 other animes, I still feel like there’s so much to learn about Japanese culture, and I was consistently introduced to new aspects of Japan in this episode. I mean, all of the locations in the episode are apparently real. I almost felt like I got a unique, first-person look at a Japanese vacation (for young adults).

It was especially peculiar though in that its lack of plot was even more apparent. It was just a bunch of vacation photography with the characters inserted as stand-ins to examine the statues and stuff. This is pretty far from a “decent” anime, and I still rate the overall anime as “bad,” but if you’re going into this with “ASMR” or “relaxation” or “leisure” or even “therapy” (after a hard day’s work) in mind, then I think the people behind this franchise actually succeeded and I’d recommend it.

I’ll reinstate: I was charmed and amused, but I don’t consider it a fulfilling or worthwhile watch. If anything, I find contentment in the trivial knowledge I gained and the temporary distraction from the stresses of IRL.
And those little rabbit cakes looked friggin good. Someone DM me the best method to get one in the US.

P.S. I counted three different posts containing the word "advertisement" and three different posts containing the word "infomercial". I wonder why? 🧐
Sep 13, 2020 9:42 PM

Aug 2020
SouthRzVa said:
Seriously wondering if there was any point in making both Uzaki and Sakurai college students. They get flustered over something as childish as the "indirect kiss" scenario and can't even sleep in the same room...

Anyways, rather uneventful episode in terms of romance progression but I think I wanna visit Tottori now.

It's not uncommon to have a slower emotional growth than physical. While you would expect the average college student to be more mature in all aspects, these aren't the average college students, which imho sets this story apart from many others. Sakurai hasn't grown at all since high school, he's more regressed as adult, basically taking a 'waking hibernation' from life before Uzaki came to fire him up again.

Uzaki has grown a little since high school, at least in confidence, but she isn't in touch with her feelings at all.

As already said, not your average college students, but it's not impossible. I remember back from high school how many kids in my class would be 'going steady', some probably even going further than just a kiss, while there were also some kids like me, who didn't yet start to observe the opposite gender as 'highly interesting'. We were mostly focusing on school, and hobbies, somewhat like Sakurai was doing.

But I agree, there should be some development, even with stubborn characters like these, who can't see their chemistry even when someone would whack it into their heads.
Sep 13, 2020 9:56 PM

Aug 2020
R3ZO said:
Why that cat is following them everywhere 😂😂😂

Afaik it's the manga author's mascott. So he's watching how his creations struggle with life and their feelings.

As for the episode, it's not as smooth, complete as episode 8, imho, possibly because it was also meant to showcase Tottori, and it feels the storyline takes second place to that.

But there were some nice moments, funny and cute with the rabbit cakes, Sakurai actually starting to blush when he thought back about Uzaki, and some of her cute moments flashed by in his head. The fortune giving Uzaki directions where to find her love-match 'right in front of...'

Also the ending is very interesting. There is a scene that seems like there might be a kiss, around 23.32 minute mark, with just Uzaki's face, some wooden fence and a rock in the ocean, partially covered with green.5 seconds later we see a zoomed out picture of the same spot, and Uzaki looking a bit flustered. I bet this scene will be in the next episode.

Final thing from the credits, that peeked my interest, a wooden sign with a frog, between two red hearts there are 8 characters. A hint referring to Uzaki and Sakurai as couple? I tried to decipher, but my Japanese is worse than Uzaki's ability to realize how she feels about someone else.

Here's a link to a screenshot, maybe someone who can read Japanese can translate it?

https://ibb.co/gzTfftL

Edit: A friendly Youtuber provided a translation:

It says, "relationship-making (=couple-matching) frog, make a relationship (become a couple) and go back home, Misasa hot spring".

So not a direct hint, with names, but more an indirect one.
Dutch_ChiefSep 15, 2020 9:32 AM
Sep 14, 2020 2:10 PM
Dec 2017
This whole episode was just one big ad for Tottori Prefecture. Not complaining though.
Sep 14, 2020 6:12 PM

Oct 2012
Meh episode, blantant Tottori advertisement...

I mean, there were few good scenes (like that rabbit pastry or love omikuji) but overall it felt like filler.

The ED was great though.
Sep 14, 2020 8:15 PM

Mar 2016
Appreciate the Gegegegege referance but this show is just so fkn boring
Sep 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Aug 2020
Mich666 said:
Meh episode, blantant Tottori advertisement...

I mean, there were few good scenes (like that rabbit pastry or love omikuji) but overall it felt like filler.

The ED was great though.

Ending was amazing. These screenshots I find particularly interesting, the first one looks almost like Uzaki is about to kiss or whisper something, and the second one she seems a bit flustered by something, really cute imho.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post pictures, so here are the links instead:

https://ibb.co/8rq7kP7
https://ibb.co/RHpWyYX

Dutch_ChiefSep 15, 2020 9:31 AM
Sep 15, 2020 5:05 PM
Apr 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. I'll admit, there were plenty of references I didn't get, especially at the beginning of the episode while they were at the airport, but I really enjoyed both the slow-burn romance (spiced with delicious ecchi) and the beautiful Tottori infomercial. I particularly enjoyed the youkai statues, and I really enjoyed how the statues transistioned into ukiyo-e inspired animations for each of the youkai mentioned, complete with our favorite pair of doofuses playing the victims!

I'm also fairly impressed with Sakurai as a character. Over the last two episodes, there's been two points where he had the option to say something stupid and hurtful, or to otherwise overreact in a jerkish manner. I think that in most slice of life/romance anime with male protagonists who don't want to admit their feelings, when cornered the male protagonist tends to lash out, and Sakurai has avoided that unfortunate trope in these last two episodes. First, he sincerely apologized to Hana back in the coffeeshop, completely taking responsibility and coming off as a mature person, and second talking to Hana directly, and trying to defuse the romantic tension in a way that included her without being insulting. While the universe screwed him over by delivering their cable ride straight to a lover's shrine, I still thought it was refreshing to see an awkward male character not act like a jackass when he feels uncomfortable.
You say tomato, I say horrible murder by Gibbering Horrors That Should Not Be. Simple pronunciation difference, really.
Sep 15, 2020 11:40 PM

Aug 2020
Aleksai said:

I'm also fairly impressed with Sakurai as a character. Over the last two episodes, there's been two points where he had the option to say something stupid and hurtful, or to otherwise overreact in a jerkish manner. I think that in most slice of life/romance anime with male protagonists who don't want to admit their feelings, when cornered the male protagonist tends to lash out, and Sakurai has avoided that unfortunate trope in these last two episodes. First, he sincerely apologized to Hana back in the coffeeshop, completely taking responsibility and coming off as a mature person, and second talking to Hana directly, and trying to defuse the romantic tension in a way that included her without being insulting. While the universe screwed him over by delivering their cable ride straight to a lover's shrine, I still thought it was refreshing to see an awkward male character not act like a jackass when he feels uncomfortable.

I agree. Although he clearly doesn't acknowledge his feelings for Uzaki yet, just like she does when it comes to him, he is starting to open up, and cares for her, when he's not commenting on some of her dumb actions. It's clear he's warming up to her, and some clichés are avoided, like the girl slapping the guy when he touches her breast, etc. So while at first sight this anime may not seem special, it does have some nice touches that make it different from mainstream stories.
Sep 16, 2020 1:11 AM

May 2009
Tourism advertisement filler episode. That's rare
Sep 17, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2020
kinda late again but all in all a nice chill trip episode , sakurai cant seem to catch a break and their akwardness is weird but wholesome at the same time , enjoyable
Sep 19, 2020 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
I love the ED song's animation; it actually points out the location for all the places they've been to. It kind of felt like a tourism ad for Tottori, lol!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 19, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2017
Why is everyone making such a fuss about it being an "infomercial" for Tottori? Dozens of anime have had similar trips to Kyoto that show off some of that city's big tourist attractions and no one says anything, yet the moment an anime does the same for another tourist destination it's an infomercial? If anything it should be refreshing that they chose a different destination instead of it being yet another anime with a Kyoto trip.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Sep 19, 2020 8:29 PM

Mar 2009
Gegege no Kitaro! I miss it. :(
Sep 22, 2020 1:39 PM

Apr 2016
Was this episode a sponsored one, wasn't it? It really seems like some sort of advice for the place xD
Sep 23, 2020 6:51 PM

May 2020
GOSTEI DO EPISÓDIO
Sep 23, 2020 9:05 PM

Aug 2020
HectorBlaze said:
Was this episode a sponsored one, wasn't it? It really seems like some sort of advice for the place xD

Maybe Sakurai and Uzaki will get a massive discount if they go to Tottori on their honeymoon? ;-)
Sep 26, 2020 11:43 PM

Jul 2017
the gegege no kitaro reference was much appreciated
Sep 28, 2020 6:27 AM
Dec 2019
Soo, nobody gonna mention Kitaro in the end?? Well that's kinda sad :(
Oct 9, 2020 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
Ah, so the people stalking them in the past episode was Ami and Sakaki to join in on their trip to Tottori.
The running bet for ice cream was cool. Never though Uzaki could snowboard. Impressive. That tottori heart pose was unexpectedly funny. Nice to see Sakurai drag Uzaki on her board but I wish he piggybacked her instead. ... One day in the manga, hopefully.
Odd museum but I like the guide hostess' enthusiasm. Sakurai crying as the representation of the hare story was fucking hilarious. Wow, Uzaki is terrible. Bringing the store clerk for Sakurai to pay, hahaha.

That roleplay of food was funny. Ohoho, another indirect kiss! I can't believe she didn't realize it right away. She practically ate both bunnies.
Aw~ that unexpected love fortune was fucking adorable. Ami and Sakaki's reveal was great. They look good in that hare-love outfit. Sakaki's dubbing of how they were seen as a couple was hilarious. ... I wish Sakurai revealed his love letter.

A little odd to see Ami but mostly Sakaki pressure their love so hard so soon since in the manga it happens a little later.
Ami's imaginary popcorn eating, hahaha. It's also surprising to see Sakurai embarrassed imagining himself with her as a couple since it kinda happens in the later chapters. It's nice to see though. Cute.
Hmm, so they changed Tsuki's bath extra scene(s) for her to be imagined as the one in the spa.

Ha, so they could have shared a room together. Damn. Eh, it'll happen later on.
Typical sly Uzaki taking a picture of Sakaki and Sakurai like that, haha.
I was kinda hoping for something bigger from her slipping into him but that guide's reaction thinking they were fucking was funny.
I wonder if those little competition games were replacement for that bowling/rock climbing scene on Chapter 28-29. Hopefully not.

And... that's it. Interesting. A fun cute fully original episode.
Seems like the other one may be as well with them continuing at that museum and ... I'm assuming that passerby was a ghost lady, maybe?
It's nice to not know what happens for a change.

Adapted order;
None.
Oct 9, 2020 11:19 PM

Aug 2020
I was expecting part of this episode to continue into the next one, considering it even had a different ending, and none of the scenes from the ending were shown in the episode afaik. Especially the parts where Uzaki is shown standing near the ocean (?) are interesting, you'd get the impression someone is with her, because of the close up showing her what seemed to be about to kiss, and having a special look on her face.

So first part of the next episode to be the last moments in Tottori, then the second half playing back home again. But nothing like that, after this they just picked up the manga story as if the trip never happened.
Oct 11, 2020 3:43 AM

May 2016
Learning more stuff about Japan is always fun in anime and Tottori was really different than regular city for trips for Osaka and Kyoto.

those NUKES have too much destructive power.
Oct 25, 2020 8:56 PM

Feb 2019
Although I really liked catching a new glimpse into Japanese culture, I felt like this episode was staggeringly boring. I don't know; they felt like they were just kind of there. I was more interested in the background and the culture than I was the characters, which is really a shame.
Nov 19, 2020 11:49 PM

Aug 2020
DenoMon_chr said:
After putting this series on hold for a couple months, I'm back to watching it. This show is fairly amusing to me, even though Uzaki isn't my type of character.

This entire episode felt like a travel ad. I wonder if Tottori had a partnership with the mangaka, or if he just really likes it there.

Probably sponsored. There were some cute moments though, like the rabbit cakes and the cable cars part
Dec 18, 2020 9:26 PM

Aug 2019
pristine episode if i do say so. Honestly get yourself a wingman/women like Ami and Itsuhito and you'd be set for life i swear, they're willing to plan out an entire vacation just for some sweet action lmao.
Things are getting heated most definitely, this island is REALLY pulling out all the trap cards it can on the Uzaki and Sakurai ship to make sure it sails and doesn't stop anytime soon.

Scenery in this episode as well, is pretty amazing. Like taking a minute and looking at some of the landscape, buildings and culture in this episode was really nice. Definitely had me wishing i could go traveling to japan, but rn i doubt it :(

2 episode left, i'd say it's close to being a safe place to put bets down on what'll happen in the end. This vacation arc is such a nail in the coffin for something spicy to happen.
Jan 9, 2021 3:55 AM
Jun 2013
I knew the shadow were these two and I like how that random couple seems to always show up and pose. the ending of the episode was rather abrupt.
May 8, 2021 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
Nice advertisement episode for Tottori on being must visit place for lovey-dovey couples.

May 14, 2021 8:39 AM

Feb 2021
It was a pretty fun trip with all the undesirable 'lovey-dovey' situations XD. The 'Tottori couple' in the background were were funny lol.

Jun 21, 2021 8:21 AM

Apr 2013
That couple who always said "Tottori" cracked me up. Uzaki is really trying to trick him as often as possible.
Jul 23, 2021 1:44 PM

Mar 2020
badabass said:
Suddenly its became intensified.

When they became an official couple? They really matched up with each other. Thank you very much with its fun, Tottori. Take my gratitude too for, our-unintentionally-be-another-couple, Ami and Sakaki, that guided them into that designated places. You both deserved a medal of honour.

The fanservices time unexpectedly gave a strong vibes for me, at any time around these episode. I can't complain much. Its really enjoyable, especially with Uzaki-chan's mom appearance that appeared randomly to satisfied my eyes. Lol.

Surprisingly, i like these SoL style more than i expected. It suit well with the theme of their 'another play time'. Thank you very much!

I see it's not just me that ship Ami & Sakaki too lol XD
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jul 31, 2021 8:36 AM

Jul 2016
The Conan references were great.
Aug 16, 2022 10:51 PM

May 2019
This was an interesting episode, I did not realize that Tottori was a real place and that the sites shown are real, that's pretty cool. While this episode did feel sponsored it was still entertaining and funny. The brief cameo by Hana's mom was nice, and Ami's reaction to topless Hana was hilarious lol. Not much progression story-line wise but still a good relaxing episode.
Sep 8, 2022 6:10 AM

May 2020
Truly an episode sponsored by tourism ministry lol. Trip had its moments but that random couple and that stupid kitty were annoying.
Oct 6, 2022 7:03 AM

Aug 2014
The Detective Conan Foreshadowing tho XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 17, 2022 3:03 PM
Jul 2022
Comedy is almost 100% timing and the creators of this anime understood that. But it is not just a sketch episode, you also have the steadily development of the relationship between Uzaki and Sakurai. It is fun to see them fall in love. The fanservice moments are unnecessary but the rest is good enough that I can ignore the few moments.
May 29, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2022
This series always being so funny when Ami and Itsuhito trapped them in couple ways.
Jun 21, 2023 10:16 PM
Jul 2022
i hate ami and sakaki
Dec 17, 2023 1:11 PM
Dec 2023
It was funny to watch.
Jan 7, 3:50 AM

Oct 2022
I love how every time Ami sees some potential development in Sakurai and Uzaki's relationship, she pretends to be eating or drinking. It's an adorable quirk of hers.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

105 by Igor5959 »»
Apr 10, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

147 by RafaKojiro »»
Mar 31, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

94 by Auroralul »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

» Sakurai is on a different level

Bolbysaur - Feb 20

4 by Ugly11 »»
Feb 22, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

105 by LumeeeChan »»
Jan 18, 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.