Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2008 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, if only Abelia didn't had superhuman strenght, Hellywood, along wim Hamdo, would be over now =/
I still find it wierd that Abelia confused Lala Ru with Sara, they're both completely diferent (only the hair and pendants were similar).
Feb 12, 2010 10:01 PM

Apr 2008
With all the hell sara's been through I can't blame her for attacking la laru . I wonder how will Hamdo die, will he get killed by Abelia (I'm rooting for this) or will he die by the hands of people that despised him.
Mar 5, 2010 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
TuzoAnime said:
With all the hell sara's been through I can't blame her for attacking la laru .

This. Seriously, just because you look like (not for me though...) one kid, you get kidnapped to another dimension, imprisoned, raped, left to cross a freaking desert to finally find a safe haven, only to have the same kid come and threaten your peace (because come on, wherever Lala Ru is, it's not safe anymore.)
Besides, I'd have a hard time not hitting her too. She annoys me xP

I just hope Abelia stops being so blindly devoted to Hamdo and someone finishes him soon (for some strange reason, I'd like to see Nabuca doing this). But I have a feeling this anime will not have a happy ending D:
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jan 16, 2011 1:55 AM

Sep 2008
Geh, I thought I would be happy to see Sara, but now I hope she dies.
I mean understand why she attacked, but it was a little too much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2011 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
I think sara has every right to fear everyone. She is certainly the character in the show that has gone through the most hell. She is being very careful.

Mar 25, 2011 6:27 AM

Mar 2007
I always love the epic ship "take off" scenes.
Dec 17, 2011 2:42 AM

Oct 2009
:o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

She goes through all that and you think her hitting the girl she was mistaken for "is too much"? I really don't know what to think about this. Sure, it isn't Lala-Ru's fault, but learn to see the other side a little man. Jesus.

Anyway, good episode. I especially liked the scene at the begnning between Lala-ru and the child. Watching Nabuca in that take off scene makes me wonder exactly what he's thinking there, he definitely seems uncertain for sure.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 19, 2013 8:00 AM

May 2012
Sara going berserk! Damn good to see she's okey, but fuck she revealed LalaRu's name and also DAFUQ it can fly O_O oh this can be interesting! Lets see what's next!
May 20, 2013 9:51 PM
Aug 2011
My god it's Sara and she punched Lala Ru the hell out. Wow lol.

The more episodes Hamdo continues to live the more frustrated I feel.
Jul 15, 2013 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Poor Sara. After the hell she's been through, she probably thought she was making a new start in Zari Bars, and who should appear but the very girl that indirectly was at the root of her previous situation. It's no wonder she snapped and it won't be a surprise if she never trusts Lala Ru.

I don't understand why a competent and beautiful woman like Abelia follows a lunatic like Hamdo blindly. It's clear that if she was in charge, the people of Hellywood would have a much better life and could actually dominate the planet.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 20, 2013 7:40 PM
Jan 2012
insan3soldiern said:
HawthorneKitty said:

She goes through all that and you think her hitting the girl she was mistaken for "is too much"? I really don't know what to think about this. Sure, it isn't Lala-Ru's fault, but learn to see the other side a little man. Jesus.

Anyway, good episode. I especially liked the scene at the begnning between Lala-ru and the child. Watching Nabuca in that take off scene makes me wonder exactly what he's thinking there, he definitely seems uncertain for sure.

So Abelia kidnaps Sara wrongly, the soldiers rape her without a second thought, and Lala-Ru is the one that should get hit for it? It makes complete sense that Sara might blame Lala-Ru for all the troubles she's gone through, but it's hypocritical to not look at this from Lala-Ru's perspective too: She has never even met Sara before and had no involvement in directly making her suffer. So it doesn't really make sense to say "Lala-Ru deserved to get hit."
Aug 24, 2013 12:24 AM

Jun 2013
Wasn't expecting that.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Aug 26, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Refugee14488 said:
insan3soldiern said:
HawthorneKitty said:

So Abelia kidnaps Sara wrongly, the soldiers rape her without a second thought, and Lala-Ru is the one that should get hit for it? It makes complete sense that Sara might blame Lala-Ru for all the troubles she's gone through, but it's hypocritical to not look at this from Lala-Ru's perspective too: She has never even met Sara before and had no involvement in directly making her suffer. So it doesn't really make sense to say "Lala-Ru deserved to get hit."

i wont say that Lala deserved it but i cant blame Sara either, after the hell she went through i doubt she gonna bother to think in anothers perspective
Nov 26, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
Wow, that scene. Anyways, I'm curious, does Sara hate Shu as well? Anyways, surprised to see her out and about like that, thought she would still be some kind of cripple sort of . . .
Jul 7, 2014 6:37 AM

Jan 2014
I'm glad Sara's alive after all. But I hope the two of them will eventually
start to feel empathy for each other, share the pain both of them feel.
Nov 17, 2014 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
*sigh*
Everything about this show is done right but the astounding amount of times I have to yell bullshit for characters like Hamdo, Abelia, and Sara is disgustingly high. Sara is only a tragic character for the sake of being tragic, she has no excuse to even be there. Hamdo should have died from the assassins a couple episodes ago and is completely flat and shitty excuse for a fictional character. Abelia finding the superhuman strength to push the wheel "suddenly lifting the entire ship" is retardedly gimmicky and the fact that she follows the loon without any explanation almost makes me want to give this anime a 4. If Hamdo doesn't die by the next episode I'm giving this a 5 or even lower. I love the atmosphere and how the anime presents clashing ideals between Shu and society but if Hamdo becomes the main plot point then I really can't like this show.
Nov 28, 2014 5:15 AM
Nov 2013
Not sure why, but the scene before the op made me feel like crying. Maybe it is the innocence of that child in the messed up world, same goes to the scene where the four of them were playing.

I knew that soldier was an infiltrator the moment he showed up. Looks like we'll be seeing some battle scenes in the next episodes.

Don't really understand the Hellywood scene...just a single lever to save the whole "ship"? That's kinda weird...

Glad that Sara is OK, she seem to be one of the more realistic characters in the anime (unlike that Shu who has super regeneration powers)
RavenWishNov 28, 2014 5:40 AM
Jan 31, 2015 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Well, the cat's out of the bag now. I wonder what the people of Zari Bars will do now that they know she's Lala Ru. Or I wonder if Shu will try to cover it up somehow.

Also, I bet we're heading towards a big final battle with Hellywood on the way to their town. There's no way that Hamdo can win, though, right? The good guys always win.
::End of Transmission::

May 3, 2015 1:27 PM
Apr 2013
Zari Bars, the place where every single lost person in the huge desert ends up, but that Hamdo hasn't been able to find for years!

RafaelDeJongh said:
DAFUQ it can fly O_O

Someone hasn't been paying attention for like, the entire series...

DoctorCaim said:
*sigh*
Everything about this show is done right but the astounding amount of times I have to yell bullshit for characters like Hamdo, Abelia, and Sara is disgustingly high. Sara is only a tragic character for the sake of being tragic, she has no excuse to even be there. Hamdo should have died from the assassins a couple episodes ago and is completely flat and shitty excuse for a fictional character. Abelia finding the superhuman strength to push the wheel "suddenly lifting the entire ship" is retardedly gimmicky and the fact that she follows the loon without any explanation almost makes me want to give this anime a 4. If Hamdo doesn't die by the next episode I'm giving this a 5 or even lower. I love the atmosphere and how the anime presents clashing ideals between Shu and society but if Hamdo becomes the main plot point then I really can't like this show.

Various good points
Aug 14, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
HawthorneKitty said:

She's gone though hell and you say she has to die....... .......... -_-... your a clueless idiot
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Aug 14, 2015 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
Poor sara .... shu is so naive... He thinks he knows it all but he really doesn't know shit sara went though.

He says.... It's a new life and tries to convince her not to kill it.......... who the hell does he think he is .......

First off she has the right to do so if she wants to.
Second it is a baby that hasn't got a father
Third she never asked for it
4th she is only a young girl.... 14 or something
5th shu should mind his own business
6th lala ru might not be responsible for saras misery... but it's understandable she hates the girl that was mistaken for her
7th....... lala ru hasn't done shit though out this series so far...And isn't interesting.
8th sara is the most interesting character

I just hate how naive shu is... his so clueless
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Aug 30, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
boring
Aug 6, 2017 11:48 PM
Jul 2015
Lots of arguing over whether Sara was justified in attacking Lala Ru. At this point, I'm just glad we had an interesting twist. I think it was the right move for the story, but I don't have a clue how the show handles it from here.

Dec 5, 2017 10:55 PM

Dec 2016
Bruh no way Hellywood should've been able to make that, but it did, and now it's on its way to fuck up everyone in it's path. Glad Sara's back, then she beat the shit out of Lala Ru which I guess makes sense in the idea that it's pretty realistic in her reaction of putting all the blame on her, which is somewhat true
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 7, 2018 11:01 AM
Jan 2018
I feel like I saw that spy soldier somewhere before... Was he the guy that picked up Sara's handkerchief and put it beside her while Sara was imprisoned and later proceeded to rape her?
Oct 20, 2018 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
It's absolutely understandable that Sara blames Lalaru for all the pain she had to suffer. That was so heartwrenching. :(
I wonder why they would ever mistake Sara for her?
Dec 3, 2018 2:12 PM

Jun 2015
RavenWish said:
[...] Glad that Sara is OK, she seem to be one of the more realistic characters in the anime (unlike that Shu who has super regeneration powers)

exactly my thoughts xD
Jan 20, 2019 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was a big yikes from me. The Hellywood soldier infiltration, Sara beating down Lalaru, all of it. Everything's about to get fucked, mates.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 8, 2019 8:32 PM

Aug 2011
I can only hope Sis and Shu die the most painful way possible. Worthless idiots are causing other to die because of their stupidity.
Nov 14, 2019 8:10 PM

Jun 2019
I figured that Hellywood soldier was faking, it was painfully obvious actually. Well, I guess everyone's screwed now.

The Hellywood liftoff scene was intense, though not as exciting as I had hoped. They actually did a double twist, Hellywood failed to take off... and then it didn't. I don't care what script-bending powers Abelia has, a fuel tank exploded, there's no way in hell that hunk of junk could stay airborne.

Damn, now everyone in Zari Bars will know who Lala Ru is. I have a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling...
Jan 15, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
So this towns gonna get completely obliterated next episode right? I'm enjoying this show, but it's a bit too predictable for it's own good.

Sara reacting to lala rue was definitely the best part of the episode.

I will defend Abelia confusing Sara for Lala rue tho. She was probably just looking for a blonde girl in japan. Who knows when if ever was the last time she saw lala rue
Aug 15, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2017
Couldn't hold my tears at that scene when Shu was pretending to be the father of Soon, given what happened to him...

Leaving the "deserter" alone was not a good idea, it seems.

Sara is still horrified by Lala-Ru. That's probably PTSD.

Still can't get people hating the characters for no reason whatsoever. They exist in their own world and don't owe you an explanation of their actions on demand.
St0rmbladeAug 15, 2020 4:51 PM
Jul 12, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2012
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
*sigh*

Yup, the show doesn't really explain much. He's so comical idk why anyone would follow him. Most dictators at least had charisma.
Mar 30, 2023 10:01 PM

Dec 2022
This is why you never trust "deserters", especially when their first question is if they discovered the enemy location, and there's only one of them. Also, it was a shame Hellywood didn't crash and burn then when the launch sequence was faulty — Abelia somehow pulls a single lever and fixes everything.

Sara attacking Lala Ru like that was unwarranted, but I guess the trauma and anger took over, and she needed someone to take it out on. Maybe she'll eventually get a chance for revenge against the ugly rapist guy? Probably not, that would be too convenient.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 21, 2023 9:43 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
They went through all that trouble just to let that guy be unguarded while he sleeps. I mean at least make it so he’s sneaky about it, this is just irresponsible.

Sara going unhinged was appropriate but at the same time it wasn’t Lala-Ru fault either and beating her is not going to do anything. I have a bad feeling for the next episode but we’re in the home stretch.

More topics from this board

» Curious about the title….

Eykosca - Nov 28, 2023

1 by ErogakiPatches »»
Dec 1, 2023 1:38 AM

» How good would you consider the ending and characters? Would you guys consider this wasted potential?

_Arc4n1_ - Apr 25, 2021

10 by Eykosca »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:01 PM

» What a great main character!

Dd5 - Sep 3, 2022

10 by Dd5 »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 2, 2008

185 by mal_user_2022 »»
Oct 1, 2023 2:57 PM

Poll: » Now and Then, Here and There Episode 1 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 31, 2008

49 by dspr »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.