Forum Settings
Forums

Which dog breeds do you think are monstrosities?

New
Sep 9, 2020 9:18 AM
Aug 2018
Imo pugs are monstrosities since their snout is literally smooshed into their face making it pretty hard for the dog to even breathe properly. Great Danes are just way too fucking big, and those wiener dogs just shouldn’t even be shaped the way they are.

Sep 10, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2020
Bull terrier faces are scary and cute at the same time

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Sep 10, 2020 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
JomyS said:

I know right, it's weird.

These dogs without a fur or too short fur and all breeds with too short snorts. And especially the Neopiltan Mastiffs. Their skin looks like a tumor.
https://www.dogbreedersgallery.co.za/images/listings/2019-09/undefined-1568486632-554-e.jpg poor ugly thing
Sep 10, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
those puny deformed unhealthy inbred ones that look like they're living in perpetual hell.
Sep 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Aug 2020
Siberian Huskies. All they do is whine at you and won't even bark like any decent dog should.

That being said I find all dogs monstrous noisy germ balls and never could understand their appeal.
Sep 10, 2020 8:36 AM
Aug 2018
JomyS said:

I think they’re more on the scary side than cute side. Bull terrier faces look so weird. I would never want one as a pet.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
anime-primeSep 11, 2020 8:31 AM

Sep 10, 2020 8:44 AM

Feb 2019
I'm gonna have to go with those Sphynx cat monsters. I know the thread is about dog breeds, but I took such poetic license because there are no monster pupper breeds. None. Zilch.
Sep 10, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2020
chihuahuas are little speed demons that have escaped from the depths of hell and are waiting on the perfect moment to strike and eat us all
Sep 10, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
1. All dogs are good boys

2. CD users are the true abominations. Ever think of that, bitch? We're the real monsters.
Sep 10, 2020 1:11 PM

Mar 2019
the argument on this thread is very nice.

sausage dogs r weird, they're like a flower thts begging to be kicked
Sep 10, 2020 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
pit bulls obviously lol those can literally eat you alive
Sep 10, 2020 1:43 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Why the shit would I think a dog is a monstrosity they're beautiful fuck you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2020 2:19 PM
Aug 2018
ChartTopper60 said:

I wouldn’t consider a creature with a smooshed skull beautiful but that’s just me.

Pug skull:

Sep 10, 2020 2:29 PM

Oct 2018

I actually feed bad for pitbulls, that's lowkey animal abuse.
ohmlSep 12, 2020 3:53 AM
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Sep 10, 2020 2:31 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Xickonaut said:
ChartTopper60 said:

I wouldn’t consider a creature with a smooshed skull beautiful but that’s just me.

Pug skull:

I still don't think it's a monstrosity, I just don't have that feeling in me, but I definitely did have to research that skull and it's pretty fucked up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2020 2:37 PM

Jun 2020
Lmao the arguments in this thread are a monstrosity, people can't be civil holy shit (people freely swearing and I almost got banned for calling someone a pseudo-intellectual)

Idk I guess Great Danes? I love dogs, we used to own 9 different dogs at a point of time, all different breeds so I don't think any breed is a 'monstrosity' per se. Let's just call them beasts lmao, yeah sure Great Danes are beasts.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 10, 2020 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Yorkies are the literal worst. They only stop barking when they sleep.
Sep 10, 2020 10:33 PM

Jan 2020
The only dog breed that I find tolerable is Husky, but it's because they resemble wolves. If I were a cat, I'd become the fuhrer and eliminate all dogs.

"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Sep 10, 2020 11:31 PM
Sep 2019
no dog breeds are monstrosities...b/c the true monsters are humans who manipulate the dogs in every physical and mental manner to turn them from majestic wolves to what we have now.
Sep 11, 2020 1:33 AM

Jun 2007
RicePounder said:
no dog breeds are monstrosities...b/c the true monsters are humans who manipulate the dogs in every physical and mental manner to turn them from majestic wolves to what we have now.

Dogs were a naturally split evolution of a very early form of wolf (not the grey wolf which is the only wolf people really know nowadays, it also is a split from the same early wolf) and the change from wolf to dogs is heavily believed to have been through self-domestication by the wolves/dogs themselves, i.e. not being "turned from majestic wolves to dogs through manipulation" but through social evolution between both humans and themselves at the time, as human beings wouldn't even know how to domesticate dogs when they were dated to be domesticated like 15~25 thousand years ago and it also happened all around the globe with all different types of humans and early dogs/wolves and it's doubtful that humans that were hunter-gatherers all went to the UN and said 'lets make a plan to domesticate this creature' so manipulation working perfectly and being identical globally is doubtful, yet animals getting along with another animal the same across the planet would not be that strange.

As for breeds specifically, we've certainly done a lot there, but the vast majority of breeds have no human hand involved aside putting a dog and a dog together and letting them fuck which would happen in nature anyway as dogs can create offspring with other sub-species of dogs. There are a few we've had a more questionable hand in but not many and most of those are shitty purse puppies anyway.

Also, the rest of your point makes no sense anyway. "Humans did a thing so it's not possible to be a monstrosity"? How's that work? Frankenstein and his monster were both monsters - one being a monster doesn't negate the other from being one as well.

The old shit about "it's all the owner's fault" about bad dogs is also a complete falsehood, this part isn't a reply to you really, just saying. Certain breeds - just like certain sub-species of humans - have a genetic predisposition to be more violent and aggressive. No matter how the owner is genetics still define inherent traits just like every other living thing.
TallonKarrde23Sep 11, 2020 1:38 AM
Sep 11, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2017
Thread cleaned. Please keep on topic. If you think that post is breaking rules please make a report about it instead of derailing the thread.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 11, 2020 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Bugarally said:
Siberian Huskies. All they do is whine at you and won't even bark like any decent dog should.

That being said I find all dogs monstrous noisy germ balls and never could understand their appeal.

That's why you don't own them, but only look at pictures of them. So you don't have to endure them haha

I actually feel bad for huskies in a city. Also half-wolf breeds are a trend now. People just wanna own a beautiful animal without thinking further or caring for the well-being of their pet. I have been in Norway for a week and the host family got a husky pack as sledge dogs with an actual huge outdoor compound that had a dog door to the house. They are actually so loud, they really howl as a pack like wolves always at the same times a day.
That's the only environment where you should get yourself huskies or half-wolf breeds or whatever imo. They need tons of exercise and a pack, not a 60 m² flat and 15 minutes playtime with another dog in the park.

Xickonaut said:
ChartTopper60 said:

Pug skull:

It's even worse from the front.

removed-userSep 11, 2020 9:20 AM
Sep 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Aug 2020
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Bugarally said:

That's why you don't own them, but only look at pictures of them. So you don't have to endure them haha

I actually feel bad for huskies in a city. Also half-wolf breeds are a trend now. People just wanna own a beautiful animal without thinking further or caring for the well-being of their pet. I have been in Norway for a week and the host family got a husky pack as sledge dogs with an actual huge outdoor compound that had a dog door to the house. They are actually so loud, they really howl as a pack like wolves always at the same times a day.
That's the only environment where you should get yourself huskies or half-wolf breeds or whatever imo. They need tons of exercise and a pack, not a 60 m² flat and 15 minutes playtime with another dog in the park.

People like the status a pet brings more than the actual pet itself. Huskies are like the new purse dog but for outdoorsy hipsters instead.

When I was a kid we had a husky that would always run away so they kept her chained up to a tree. It was kind of criminal, the poor thing would run around in circles all day until the chain got all bunched up and then somebody had to go out and untangle it. We tried letting her out into an empty cow pen to run around in but she touched the electric fence once and after that refused to move at all.

I always felt bad for that dog, we should have given her away to somebody or put her out of her misery atleast but my family "loved" her too much to do that.
Sep 11, 2020 12:28 PM
Jul 2020
Does anyone just hate dogs all together? Okay, I guess I'm the only one.
Sep 11, 2020 1:55 PM

Jun 2007
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

Huskies factually have no connection to wolves more than any other breed, that is to say they have essentially no connection to them beyond far 30-thousand-year-old DNA when the evolution from wolf to dog occurred. Please learn about what you're speaking on before opening your mouth to attack an idea (owning a """half-wolf""" breed in a city, for example). They appear more wolf-like but they are not "half wolf breeds", they're as much a wolf as a poodle or chihuaha is. Wolfdogs exist, but they're pretty much all literally called wolfdogs.
TallonKarrde23Sep 11, 2020 2:01 PM
Sep 11, 2020 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Those tiny, loud, handbag breeds of dogs.
Sep 11, 2020 7:55 PM

May 2013
not a huge fan of shar peis and chow chows.
i can see why people like them though- kinda reminds me of a grandfather LOL
Sep 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Sep 2016
Pugs and any teacup dog. The reason they exist is too cruel for me to stand
Sep 14, 2020 2:50 PM

Aug 2018
All of them, dogs are disgusting. cats are better.

More topics from this board

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

54 by Meusnier »»
5 seconds ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 24 minutes ago

3 by Meusnier »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

52 by Meusnier »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

24 by Theo1899 »»
34 minutes ago

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

7 by Theo1899 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.