Forum Settings
Forums

manga that revolves around incest in a serious way?

New
Sep 7, 2020 3:25 PM

Apr 2014
i am looking for a manga that has a theme of incest. no ecchi or hentai, i am looking for an actual story. would prefer that it has a serious atmosphere and kinda shows how the affected characters deal with it

the closest thing i can think of is "the flowers of evil"

i don't mind if it's shoujo ai or shounen ai but would prefer no yuri/yaoi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2020 7:20 PM

Jun 2019
Koi Kaze.

I'm personally only familiar with the anime, but the manga has a similar apparent style and consideration going based on reputation and it's the only incest-focused one I've seen without being hentai or an ecchi and/or harem comedy. The mangaka, Motoi Yoshida, is reportedly known for making several of such unique works - as in serious romantic dramas (not all incest-based) with a deep psychological component and sense of atmosphere. She prefers the unlikely and usually left untold romances.
Sep 7, 2020 7:38 PM

Jun 2020
https://myanimelist.net/manga/15821/Yosuga_no_Sora

Watched the anime for this like 7 years ago so I don't remember the exact plot but it probably fits the bill
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 8, 2020 9:38 AM
Aug 2020
I think Yosuga no Sora is a parallel word for incest in anime and manga community.

manga is really good.

But i recommend you to watch the anime. Because its OST.... man.. they will make your chest feel heavy. I feel nostalgic even today when i hear the music of yosuga no sora. although it's a bit ecchi... but watch it
Nov 22, 2020 10:47 PM

Apr 2014
bump

i guess i'm not surprised there's not many manga with incest as a serious plot point without ecchi. but still gonna look more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2018
I think you might enjoy Koi Kaze
_______I like rocks__
Feb 9, 2021 1:38 AM

Apr 2014
bump, still haven't found anything
Feb 10, 2021 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
Couldn't think of any but this one, I actually saw the live action movie, so I can't really tell how it goes on the manga or the anime. Hope it helps.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3127/Boku_wa_Imouto_ni_Koi_wo_Suru
Feb 14, 2021 9:20 PM

Apr 2014
Fallonett said:
Couldn't think of any but this one, I actually saw the live action movie, so I can't really tell how it goes on the manga or the anime. Hope it helps.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3127/Boku_wa_Imouto_ni_Koi_wo_Suru

thanks i'll check it out
Feb 15, 2021 8:23 AM
Dec 2014
Osamu Tezuka's "Apollo no uta" and "Ayako".

Serious and seriously disturbing.
Feb 23, 2021 10:56 PM

Apr 2014
Sharnalk said:
Osamu Tezuka's "Apollo no uta" and "Ayako".

Serious and seriously disturbing.

really neat recommendations, thanks! didn't know he wrote stuff like that
Feb 24, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2014
You're welcome :)
Feb 24, 2021 9:50 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
If you don't mind series that have only just started publishing, then I highly recommend Bokutachi wa Hanshoku wo Yameta. So far, I'd say it's my favourite manga that revolves around incest.

Also, although the first few chapters may seem quite light-hearted, the serious atmosphere is quickly established.
Mar 15, 2021 3:34 PM

Apr 2014
Phloup said:
If you don't mind series that have only just started publishing, then I highly recommend Bokutachi wa Hanshoku wo Yameta. So far, I'd say it's my favourite manga that revolves around incest.

Also, although the first few chapters may seem quite light-hearted, the serious atmosphere is quickly established.

thanks, that seems like exactly what i was looking for
Mar 15, 2021 11:28 PM

Jun 2011
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8652/Zankoku_na_Kami_ga_Shihai_suru

Abusive rapist stepdad.

Author wrote as serious exploration of topic. I cried a lot and yelled at Jeremy a lot.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 28, 2021 9:29 PM

Apr 2014
Energetic-Nova said:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8652/Zankoku_na_Kami_ga_Shihai_suru

Abusive rapist stepdad.

Author wrote as serious exploration of topic. I cried a lot and yelled at Jeremy a lot.

yes i love that manga! unfortunately i finished it but i don't think i updated it. i appreciate the recommendation regardless

little funny side note: i was actually the one to add the pictures to Jeremy's profile because he had none at the time and i wanted to add him to my character favorites

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Yesterday

7 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
26 minutes ago

» An anime that's impossible to hate

AnimeDownUnder - Apr 4

23 by Skuletor »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - Apr 12

8 by mo_lave »»
9 hours ago

» Versus is surprisingly interesting, any other manga, manhwa, or anime with similar content?

aLotQuestion_ - Today

0 by aLotQuestion_ »»
Today, 11:20 AM

» On my way to the depths.... (1)

monke_guy - Apr 15

4 by monke_guy »»
Today, 6:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.