Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2020 3:53 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode
Yasuie's death feel more emotional than the manga
Sep 6, 2020 4:06 AM

Nov 2014
On a related note, Wano really is the prettiest location since Fishman Island. The view from where Yasuie was truly was beautiful.
Quality Queen.
Sep 6, 2020 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
Switch_Z said:
They really nailed his death scene

I feel they just needed one round of bullets. They did not have to shoot him thousounds of times.;
Sep 6, 2020 4:47 AM
Oct 2018
Vindicater said:
Switch_Z said:
They really nailed his death scene

I feel they just needed one round of bullets. They did not have to shoot him thousounds of times.;

But they did. It was a sign of disrespect. And that's why they 100% nailed the death scene. So emotional yet so epic.
Sep 6, 2020 5:33 AM

May 2014
Sad to see Yasu-san go. Tbh,, I thought he would be saved by Zoro, but I guess that wasn't the case. It's Zoro after all. Strange he didn't appear 5 years later with his sense of direction. xD

A heartbreaking ep., but this has made both Zoro and Luffy furious. Interesting to see what's going to happen next.
mangalicker94Sep 6, 2020 5:42 AM
Sep 6, 2020 6:06 AM

Jan 2018
So far, i find Wano Arc the weakest arc in One Piece. Im not enjoying at all with every episode dragging every scene.
Sep 6, 2020 6:07 AM

May 2014
I dunno why I wasn't as affected as everyone here. I remember when I read this I felt truly sad but here it was a little too padded out I guess? Some scenes felt like a drag for sure.

Also I really dislike how Kien's VA does the same "sad noises" every time so obnoxiously, it really doesn't show any emotion for me and it just ends up irritating.

There also were too many bullet shots... I dunno... The padding took away the impact for me I suppose.

Oh well, hoping the rest is better.

Sep 6, 2020 7:15 AM

Jun 2020
Sinbad200 said:
So far, i find Wano Arc the weakest arc in One Piece. Im not enjoying at all with every episode dragging every scene.

Can't say I agree but if it helps, I can tell you it only gets better from here on lol
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 6, 2020 7:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some episode! Perhaps a little dragged out and padded as quite rightly pointed out but the emotions was the real find this episode, imo.

And then that turn-around out of the blue leading to the reveal of the truth behind the Smile devil fruits. I was pretty shocked as well to be honest despite knowing it was coming from last week's episode. Zoro's reaction at the very end though, boy are things about to blow off now.

Shogun vs. Zoro & Sanji next?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 6, 2020 9:48 AM

May 2018
The episode title was a bit misleading Zoro rampage. Overall ok episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2020 10:15 AM
Feb 2019
well i cried... rest in peace, yasu. beautiful episode.
Sep 6, 2020 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah Orochi, you are going to die for this.

It is rage inducing....
Sep 6, 2020 11:28 AM
Sep 2018
R.I.P Yasuie. Legend
Sep 6, 2020 1:30 PM

Nov 2017
What an emotional episode! RIP Yasuie. It's a pity he's sacrificed.
Sep 6, 2020 4:25 PM
Sep 2012
F Yasuie

When Toko reached the execution place and Yasuie had his flashback with her, the tears just wouldn't stop.

Wtf I didn't realize SMILE had anything to do with them laughing all the time at all, I was caught off guard.

Can't wait for the Strawhats to start wrecking havoc as usual. Fucking Orochi and Kaidou!!
Sep 6, 2020 6:49 PM

Mar 2020
The episode was great, but it dragged on for a bit in the beginning. The end was really good. I believe Yasuie's death was a bit underwhelming because I feel it could have happened in last week's episode, but still very sad. I was questioning if the people were genuinely laughing at the end. I liked the reveal.
Sep 6, 2020 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
I can agree that they nailed it with this episode. The whole atmosphere, the OST's in the background and obviously the great work of the VA's. What a great man Yasuie was. He even managed to confuse everyone by saying it was his idea with the flyers and with that he gave the real plan a second chance.

The flashbacks made it even worse for me, especially the one with Toko. God damn man, this is just so fucking sad. When everyone began to laugh I had the absolute same reaction as Zoro. Usually you don't see him so furious but how could you not react like that? The reveal and the real meaning behind the "smile" fruits was just crazy. I couldn't even imagine that this was possible.

Sep 6, 2020 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
The multiple gunshots was actually one of the more realistic parts of the episode - they are using fairly primitive smoothbore guns. At that range they would be lucky to hit the target with 1 shot in 20 at best.
Sep 6, 2020 11:14 PM

Jun 2020
FMmatron said:
SuperDuperSaiyan said:
So a little girl out ran Zoro one of the best swordsman in the world.

Not just Zoro, Brook who's even so fast that he can run on water xD

How they showed the chase scene was really one of my biggest gripes I had with this part in the anime.

If she would not have , god knows where he would have reached , maybe Udon...
Sep 7, 2020 8:21 AM
Nov 2018
they cover so little in every episode that they can't even come up with names for episodes anymore... it's kinda sad
Sep 7, 2020 8:24 AM

Nov 2016
DoomsMark said:
FMmatron said:

Not just Zoro, Brook who's even so fast that he can run on water xD

How they showed the chase scene was really one of my biggest gripes I had with this part in the anime.

If she would not have , god knows where he would have reached , maybe Udon...

Lol, good fucking point

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2020 10:29 AM
May 2019
Awesome episode. Cried at lot.
Sep 7, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2007
spectrojan said:
Sinbad200 said:

Can't say I agree but if it helps, I can tell you it only gets better from here on lol

Yeah exponentually. The wano arc is probably going to end up being the best arc in the series. I don't think anime only watchers have any idea how immportant this arc is. But i will say from this point onward, the story really starts picking up.

Also a note to Yasue's death scene. I see some people comment that they don't feel any emotional attachment or feel any kind of sadness from his death scene. Well that isn't really the point. I mean why would you feel sad about a character you barely know. The way everthing has been set up is for the scabbards to inact their revenge plot against kaido and Orochi, how ever it seems every step of the way, due to a traitor leaking their plans to kaido and orochi. Things have not been going the way the scabbards intended, so thus Yasuie death is just that. Its to create an oppurnity and to throw off kaido and orochi with false information. So the nine red scabbards can continue their plans unhindered. If you think about that. its just beautiful and such a very sefless act. To die for the kozuki clan so they can fufill their ambition 20 years later. This kind of story just has alot of depth to it.

Sep 7, 2020 6:59 PM
Nov 2014
Manga readers had been pulling my leg and posting leading comments about the secret behind the smile being revealed 'next episode' in too many of these discussions - I started to think I might have gone crazy and missed it.. Well, I can now safely report that after weeks, WEEKS of feeling salty from the disappointment, this episode they finally covered that. So yay.

Also, RIP Yasu-san

Edit: these guys sure do love their guns, for all their shutting-off-from-the-world-i-ness XD
Sep 7, 2020 9:23 PM

Feb 2015
Yasue saved the whole operation, at least, they have another chance, and hopefully, Shutenmaru is gonna join them. Well, the force may be with you, Yasue, it was sad.
Sep 8, 2020 10:05 AM

Feb 2013
It was obvious it was Smile, damn, that's sad.
Sep 8, 2020 9:04 PM

Nov 2015
One of the tear jerkers, indeed. Poor Toko. :(

I had not stopped to think why SMILE was called what it was. Another shocker on top of all the tension.

I hope Zoro kicks hell out of Orochi. He's had it coming for a good while now.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Sep 9, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2013
So yeah Toko completely outran Zoro and the other fucking adults chasing after her sure sure. Anyway, the word smile is kinda a giveaway, seen that from the start. I wonder how's Joker doing nowadays that fucking piece of shit or those poor giant kids from his lab. I honestly thought Yasu would somehow survive but I guess we'd need a death or two if Luffy's going to beat Kaido cause he ain't like Doflamingo, he's the biggest fish.
Sep 9, 2020 5:05 AM

Apr 2013
A bit too drawn out for my taste, given that Yasuie isn't such an important character. Seems like the SMILE fruits are somehow responsible for the mess in Ebisu town, wonder why that is. Episode 942 should be good with the duo fighting together.
Sep 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Oct 2009
RIP Yasu q__q

Looking forward to see ppl kicking Orochi's ass next :/
Sep 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Jul 2020
rip yasu. the title of this ep was misleading a little but the preview got me curious af for the next ep
Sep 11, 2020 10:35 PM

Jul 2007
the title for this episode makes no sence. The smile story actually doesn't really come fully into play until the next episode which is tommorow. So in my opinion they should have titled this to be something related to Yasue and then next episode could be called "The truth about smile"

Sep 14, 2020 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
Damn RIP Yasuie. I feel really bad for poor Toko...
Sep 16, 2020 3:03 PM
May 2020
If only they had waited UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE to explain the truth of the SMILE fruits, this episode would have been perfect.

Attention, a MAN who bears thee AFRO has died today.
Sep 21, 2020 6:37 AM

Mar 2020
Man, Yasui is such a honorable man.

And I guess that means all people of Ebisu have eaten the SMILE fruit, that's why they're always laughing and smiling.. I wonder if that means that they have Devil Fruit powers.. or maybe they were test subjects
Sep 24, 2020 2:04 AM

Jun 2016
I began by uttering "Zoro kill them" because I wanted him to save Yasu. Zoro is already a wanted man, it can't get much worse than it already is for him. So kill them!!!

But then, after Yasu fell, it became "Zoro kill them" out of anger and revenge. I wanted blood, I know it's no good to stoop to the enemies level, continue a cycle of hatred, whatever, but damn I felt it!!! I was filled with ire and grief. A sorrowful rage!!! That's how you know it's good.

Yasu was a damn good man. A man who was living for this fight so when his chance to play a part once more occured, there was no hesitation in his sacrifice. His ability and resolve to die so easily, it spoke more than any words could. He's a man that has been living to die here today. Righteous!!! My favorite little dude is gone. He will be missed. But his effort won't be in vain.

I love the Zoro focus. Outside of the samurai, Zoro was one the closest to this tragedy. Through Yasu and Otoko herself. Yeah, he beat Pica, but this more delicate stuff from him is what I've been missing for a long time. His depiction feels so full of earnestness and respect!!!

I'm sorry to end this post with annoyances after singing its praises, but I have to admit my tears dried as soon as it was brought up that the Ebisu crowd can only smile. I loved the gesture of them laughing through their struggle, that autonomy has now been taken somewhat away, further having it directly relate with the SMILE fruit, as if it steals all other emotions from people feels so stupid to me right now!!!! I may come around for sure, I really don't mean to say this definitively or strongly, but to end the episode on that reveal revoked something that I loved and brought something that sounded so damn cheesy to the table that it kinda killed my crying fit. I looked up with tears in my eyes and exclaimed in a jaded voice, "really?"
Sep 26, 2020 5:41 AM

May 2016
I haven't been moved like this probably since Pedro's death but somehow this one hit me harder. RIP Yasu san.
Oct 10, 2020 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
How many bullets do they need ..., he would've been swiss cheese by now.
RIP Yasu though, truly amazing how his death helped out the resistance, convincing them it was just a prank.

Also, gives a whole new meaning to the word SMILE regarding the fruit.
Oct 30, 2020 1:09 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, Yasu was a real one.
Nov 1, 2020 3:53 AM

Jun 2015
Oh my God, this was so sad...

Nov 17, 2020 3:57 AM

Mar 2015
That was a really emotional episode! I hope everyone is adequately pissed off!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2021 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
The execution is fucked up and brutal.
Finally we got an explanation why tf they always laughing

Jan 8, 2021 10:53 AM
Jun 2015
Yasu is like a sponge. Able to absorb all those bullets like that for such a long while :P
Jan 28, 2021 5:40 AM

Mar 2016
The scene was dragged for sure however that bit of annoyance is nothing more than a droplet ina sea dreadful emotions. Yasuie's death is like a stab to the heart, especially after seeing bits of his backstory from the scenes they've shown in this ep. The feels are even more painful when you factor in the fact that he's taking the blame as the one who made those flyers and framed it as nothing more than a prank with Orochi himself cowardly assuming it was more than that and inexcusably arrested multiple innocent individuals.

Truly, without this proclamation that was made where the citizens of Wano are closely listening upon, the plan that had already been foiled will soon fail and all the preparation a vain, but due to this the events of this execution, the plan as Yasuie said himself, has been reset. This alone changed the entirety of the future that Wano and its citizens will live through in the future, a monumental achievement from a man worthy of tearful respect. What a great act of selfless sacrifice, as expected from Yasuie who would even willingly share his wealth back when he was a daimyo and yet again when he lost his title as a man called Tonoyasu.

The last few moments of his life ended as epic as it could be, after the words he has directed to the citizens, the last few breaths he made was directed to utterly spite on the fool of a shogun, Orochi.

And now for something that is hundreds of chapters and episodes in the making, the real truth regarding SMILE, the artificial devil fruit. The name alone is a dead giveaway and yet for many, they've only come to a realization of the effect it has.

Mar 16, 2021 10:18 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, I admit, that last reveal got me.

There's been a lot of human experimentation going on in One Piece, though the first time I really noticed it was during Punk Hazard all of Caesar's experiments, as that was where it was focused on the most. There's also been Vegapunk and Judge experimenting with human modification, leading to Sanji's brothers all being incapable of expressing proper emotions. This was also present during the Zou arc, with Jack's crew being creepily bloodthirsty and constantly gleeful over committing mass genocide.

I always thought the SAD and SMILE names were silly afterthoughts, and I always attributed Kaido's crew to being over-the-top evil villains who eat puppies and kick baby seals. So, apparently it's all now plot relevant.

Come to think of it, Doflamingo also went by "Joker" too. Huh.

Okay One Piece, you have my attention.
Sep 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
Man... I cried so much for Yasui. Poor Otoko and everyone out there who couldn't do anything but SMILE because of Orochi and Kaido's doing.

R.I.P Yasui-San.
Sep 10, 2021 1:57 AM

Aug 2021
I never expected some random dude that met Zoro on a boat would make me cry this much

aaaah ;______;
Sep 24, 2021 2:45 PM

Sep 2015
Doji is finding Ball-De-Boo xD

The speech and sacrifice from Yasuie are so much to intake in.. along with all his planing...

I want Orochi to be taken down more than ever

The scene where Yasuie and Toko were with each other, was just so moving

Zoros reaction to that execution was just priceless...

Despite everything happened Yasuie died smiling

WAIT WAIT I need a moment to process my thought after what Hiyori mentioned at the end...
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 23, 2021 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
Damn I was getting lowkey pissed off myself but i could feel zoro's anger swelling..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 8, 2021 2:48 PM
May 2020
damn yasui's death did hit hard fam
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
5 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 5 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.