Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Poll: Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 9 Discussion

Sep 30, 8:16 PM

I think the worst part about all this Ruka shit (besides the creepiness of Kazuya "dating" a high school student) is how unnecessary it is. Like is his own stupidity and Mami's machinations not enough drama already. And we're gonna throw in another girl in the 11th hour of the season too.

Ruka herself isn't terrible (way too clingy but I guess that's not unnatural for teenage girls with their first "love") but her story has been conveyed very poorly so far.

Oct 21, 4:50 PM

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
I think the worst part about all this Ruka shit (besides the creepiness of Kazuya "dating" a high school student) is how unnecessary it is. Like is his own stupidity and Mami's machinations not enough drama already. And we're gonna throw in another girl in the 11th hour of the season too.

Ruka herself isn't terrible (way too clingy but I guess that's not unnatural for teenage girls with their first "love") but her story has been conveyed very poorly so far.

What creepines are you talking about dude, i don't know how old Ruka is but she is still in high school, not kindergarden.

That aside, she does have a point, she has the reasoning highground; too bad Grandma is all in into Chizuru, and it was enough to stop her. I kinda wouldn't have blamed her if she would have spilled the beans but i guess it would have been rude. I really like her enthusiasm, and in normal circumstances she would have won the love triangle straight away.

About the grandma being a "bad character" per se i can't agree, she is not putting much pressure directly, she just wants to see his grandson happily settled with a nice girl, it was just Kazuya that had to fuck it all up at the beginning. I' m personally used to being openly berated by my father and i can't bring myself to compare them, they almost feel like they are played for laughs. Her being basically obsessed with Chizuru, obviosly that's not a good thing, but to me it all falls in the realm of possibility, she is not at fault, her desire to see her grandson with a nice girl is not a big time wish, and for that i can't bring myself to blame her.
Modified by flo7, Oct 21, 4:54 PM

Oct 21, 4:55 PM

flo7 said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

What creepines are you talking about dude, i don't know how old Ruka is but she is still in high school, not kindergarden.

A guy in his early to mid 20s entering into a relationship with someone who is 16/17 years old at most is creepy even if it might technically be legal

Oct 21, 5:00 PM

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
flo7 said:

A guy in his early to mid 20s entering into a relationship with someone who is 16/17 years old at most is creepy even if it might technically be legal

Not. (and it is clearly stated that he is 20 y.o.)

Anyway, i would also like to add that i really liked Ruka so far, she really felt like a "strong contender", sadly for her i guess KazuyaxChizuru is a thing set in stone. Not that i mind, i think she is the best girl, it's the drama that i fundamentally dislike.

Oct 25, 1:29 AM

Interesting episode. Ruka is being too bold, as usual, but she does have some good points. Like making Kazuya realize he can't keep up these lies till they're both old and grey, as rental girlfriend Chizuru can't give him a future. And when Ruka is talking with Chizuru in the bathroom, she rightfully calls her out for the lies and making the situation more complicated by adding more and more lies.

If Chizuru really wants to end this complicated situation, why from the first moment grandma sees her, she puts on the "perfect future daughter in law" act? Instead she could have been a little more reserved, then grandma would have asked what's wrong, and Chizuru could have put up a story about having second thoughts about dating Kazuya. Grandma would understand, because she knows he's not great with the ladies, and accepted them breaking up. Instead her act makes grandma like Chizuru even more, also after the lie about Ruka being a pathological liar, and grandma starting to think Chizuru is such an angel for letting Ruka be her friend while having to put up with the 'lies'. Chizuru clearly says one thing, but does another.

Ruka checking Kazuya's phone was wrong, but she didn't have much of a choice, since Chizuru and Kazuya keep doing things behind her back all the time. They first had that meeting in the restaurant, then after the "talk" in the love hotel, Kazuya plans another day with Chizuru, for New Year. Even for a trial relationship, that's cheating.

It's probably a good thing that Ruka didn't tell Kazuya's grandma the truth, but for a moment thinks over her actions, and decides to take it more slowly. Although knowing her, and how most characters in this story forget their good intentions very soon after thinking about these, she's bound to make new mistakes in the near future. But at least she's being honest about her feelings and intentions, unlike most other main characters.

Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

Preview MangaManga Store