Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 9, 2023 3:12 AM
May 2021
zcv45 said:
Ruka need to just stop. She is right on what they need to do but wrong in how she is trying to get it done. To stop the facade and I guess introduce the "real girlfriend" they can easily do it. The solution is pretty simple.

1) Mizuhara gets less and less involved. Give this phase about a month. This makes it less weird for when they break up.

2) Tell their grandmas they broke up. Without step 1, this would be weird if a lovey dovey couple suddenly breaks up.

3) Give a couple months at least before introducing Ruka. or... not if Kazuya don' like her

Problem here is that Ruka and Kazuya are too dumb and keeps burning each other's bridges by lying. Instead of falling back on a more reasonable lie, they go for the most outrageous stuff.
The "problem" of upsetting grandma is a non-issue. Mizuhara and Kazuya made it a bigger problem than it needed to be. He was alone before and while disappointed, she was fine as is without Mizuhara. Yes breaking the bad news would hurt her, but only temporarily.
The longer the lie goes on the more fond grandma is of Mizuhara and the greater the pain when it falls through.

The ultimate problem here is that do Kazuya really want to 'break up with Mizuhara' and do Mizuhara want to hand him over to Ruka. but even then it could be solved.
They break up, and if the two truly like each other, they can get back together. Officially. It isn't unheard of for couples to break up and get back together anyways. No one would be suspicious nor upset that it happened. Maybe the grandparents are sad for a little while but hardly world ending. By their age, they experienced far sadder things in life.

Additionally Mizuhara doesn't have to be cut completely from grandma's life. They can still be 'friends' and visit. Grandma might even be more accepting since it wasn't those dramatic horrible break ups but a mutual agreement to end Mizuhara and Kazuya's relationship.

But Mizuhara and Kazuya lack any backbone and decisiveness. While Ruka and Kazuya have the IQ in the single digits.

agree bro. totally agree
in 1:15, is this bs? why can't he just come clean and admit his feeling?
Mar 22, 2023 3:00 AM
Jan 2018
love the love triangles
Apr 24, 2023 5:05 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ruka-chan is making some excellent points tbh. I sorta feel bad for her :(
May 26, 2023 6:41 PM

Dec 2022
To be honest, I think I prefer Ruka over Chizuru. I have nothing against Chizuru, but I just like how Ruka seems to be more rational and she's pretty funny at times like how she got ahead of Chizuru from the MC grabbing her boob.
Jul 11, 2023 12:00 PM
Apr 2019
Ruka wants to tell Kazuya's grandmother the truth, but she can't.
Jul 16, 2023 10:53 PM
Jun 2021
goddammit kazuya, just get the bag. you were upset that you're a virgin, just take Ruka home and call it a day, stop being greedy for a girl it will take months or maybe even years for you to reach
Jul 27, 2023 3:17 PM
Feb 2022
I dunno man Ive been watching this show for 3 hours now and i like the opening, plus its from the peggies which is cool. Overall I'm somehow enjoying this (WHAT!!)
Sep 24, 2023 3:29 AM
Aug 2021
Tbh I am lowkey rooting for Ruka. I think Mizu does like him but she won't admit it until he admits it. So it is a sticky situation but he does have someone that is ready to go all out for him. I genuinely can't figure out or even predict who he will end up with. His grandmother really does love Mizu though.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.