Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2020 10:17 PM

Nov 2012
Did not see that turn of events coming. Hoping he just passed out.

What happened to the brothers? Did they get smashed by the train car? If not they have the only working car.

AbnerA said:
Wait, It's not a racing anime?

Mind reader! Thought I was watching some kind f quirky race, but nope.
Sep 6, 2020 12:42 AM

Jul 2017
Man this episode is EPIC. P.A.Works pulling off an episodic stunt like this is worth the watch.

The Trans-America race restarts, but not without Richard a.k.a Gil the Snake's intervention to declare a bloodbath war on the race. Lots of high stakes and hostages to save this time around.

Kosame really took an L for Appare, knowing full well they don't have the power to override Richard (but did it anyways to stop his heinous plans). The shot of death for Kosame, if he dies, I'd really like to see how the remainder 3 episodes can pull it off.

What an episode, truly on the Bridge (Highway) to Hell.
Sep 6, 2020 1:28 AM
Dec 2018
Arigatou, Kosame.

5/5
Sep 6, 2020 6:27 AM

Oct 2016
Fuck man, came for the fun ended up with the feels. I don't want him to die but, I don't want people calling it an asspull if he's still alive fuck. They really did a great job with Gil though holy shit what a great villain, the type of guy you wanna punch in the face so bad but, in a good way. Excellent episode, Kosame dying was definitely the last thing I thought would happen damn it.
Sep 6, 2020 8:13 AM

May 2019
begija said:
Let's believe in anime gods that Kosame somehow survives.
He's dead. Watch the ending theme.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 6, 2020 10:11 AM

Apr 2020
WHYYYYYYYYY

Gil introduction was great. But Kosame... man, that caught me off guard. I love the voice of Tsuda Kenjirou, but seems like I'll always end hating the characters he lends his voice. First Overhaul and now Gil.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Sep 6, 2020 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
I've not seen a bad guy so arrogant, complete, and nails since witnessing Aizen in action during Bleach. The racers are gonna need to seriously power up if they hope to stand a change versus this guy. Heck he might even posses ocular powers hes that badass.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 6, 2020 1:35 PM

Sep 2018
This must be like the tenth time an anime kills off my favorite character but it never gets any easier, damn. F's in the chat for my man Kosame.

I can smell the fakeout with Chase and Tristan though, those two are definitely still alive, and that would give me some hope for Kosame if the preview didn't show him dead... RIP.
Sep 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Amoh25 said:
begija said:
Let's believe in anime gods that Kosame somehow survives.
He's dead. Watch the ending theme.

That's why I mentioned anime gods.
Sep 6, 2020 1:46 PM

Apr 2016
That’s sad, I hope Kosame didn't die for real. With that and with Sofia being kidnapped this episode was heavy.
Sep 6, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2018
I am really scared now D:

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Sep 6, 2020 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
Dude...I just don't know. How you going to make my boy Kosame freed from his past just to let this happen...God Damn. I don't think the anime Gods are saving him and if they do they better make him come back and Slice Gil's other eye out.

Fuck Gil.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 6, 2020 5:35 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, wow. I certainly wasn't expecting this. Gil is truly a bastard. Nice job by Tsuda Kenjirou, even if he's everywhere lately.

Rest in peace, Kosame.
Sep 6, 2020 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
The whole dynamic of the series just got turn upside down, from a car racing show to serious gunslinger wild wild west style.

It make sense for Kosame to die here, he got over his past trauma, now his death is a trigger for our Autistic main character to win the race and take down the bad guys in 3 episodes.

Love Kosame and hoping he pulls it through with that ending spoiler in Preview for next week. >_>
Sep 7, 2020 1:39 AM

Sep 2020
Why did they have to do my fave character the dirty like that?
Kosame you were too good for this world I hope you end up reborn in an Isekai as the OP main character.
Sep 7, 2020 5:20 AM

Jun 2019
I was not expecting this series to get so serious. I thought it would be an anime version of wacky racers. Sofia kidnapped and Kosame and TJ maybe dead. It's going be an exciting last few eps
Sep 7, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2019
this anime is so underrated wth
this is so fcking good, its not just a racing anime
im so in love with this
Know your place, fool. - Ryomen Sukuna
Sep 7, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2015
dragynfaerie said:
Did not see that turn of events coming. Hoping he just passed out.

What happened to the brothers? Did they get smashed by the train car? If not they have the only working car.

I suspect they will pull up early next episode. You don't see them actually get hit by the flying train car, just looking like they are about to hit it. Lots of leeway for them to somehow escape death. They will probably be the ones to get Kosame to hospital. Then we get to see if the preview's hint is right.
Sep 7, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, i really hope Kosame isn't dead.
What a race this has become...damn
I do feel bad for Sofia, but Lyon is powerless. Even TJ and Dylan didn't stand a chance, only Appare can defeat him.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 8, 2020 12:33 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:
gappasaurus said:
Had a feeling ever since the one Brother (Tristan?) turned out to not be Gil that it would actually be Richard, Tsuda Kenjirou never plays a character that whitebread without some crazyness lurking beneath the surface 😅

I guess you never watched Cop Craft, Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Punch Man and "Maou-sama, Retry!"? :P

Actually ive seen them all 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 8, 2020 5:18 AM

Feb 2019
Things certainly heated up real quick. Did Kosame die? I hope not... Damn.
Sep 9, 2020 2:59 AM
Aug 2017
I feel kinda bad for saying this, but I was laughing at the entire scene with Gil fucking everyone up and every single one of them being fucking useless lmfao. It did feel kinda slow though, I certainly did not expect an entire episode of Gil just telling everyone they suck, and then finishing it with Kosame possibly dead.

I'm glad to see Kosame was well liked, because I also liked him too lol What I found ridiculous was how he didn't use his "Ultra Instincts" to cut through the bullet that was aiming for Appare. Instead he just decided to take the biggest L and lay down there. The entire time I was thinking "bro, didn't YOU have to go home more than Appare??? F"

I want to be optimistic and think he will show up next ep and that the preview is only Appare being distressed at the idea of him dying. But I feel that is going to be harder to predict than Richard turning out to be Gil (which was obvious to me from day one).
Sep 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Jan 2015
Seems that next weeks preview sealed the deal, but i really hope Kosame makes it. If hes actually dead, how do you guys think Appare will deal with Gil?
Sep 18, 2020 12:46 PM

Sep 2008
Might be in the minority, but not really a fan of the addition of Gil to the show's developments. I get there was foreshadowing to his appearance being built up to this episode. But he seems pretty flat as a character, being your run-of-the-mill psycho obsessed with power and "survival of the fittest" over all else and pretty much killing off the whole race. If it was revealed he was one of the race participants, I'd have been fine with it. But sacking the race to just focus on a major conflict with Gil kind of kills the whole dynamic of the series for me being focused on the racing.
Sep 18, 2020 5:33 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf so now all the car are destroyed + Kosame is dead/severely injured... oof
Sep 19, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
holy shit, what?? the show just turned so dark out of a sudden. No way, Kosame is dead, they wouldn't kill off a main character like that, right? Wow, Gil is such unlikeable villain, which is a good thing. But damn, what a crazy episode. Also, where the hell are the brothers? They could've helped a lot.
Oct 8, 2020 11:52 PM

Jan 2019
Bruh the only character I liked was Kosame
Oct 25, 2020 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
Damn Gil really is one hell of a strong monster who doesn't hold back now that he has revealed himself, not only killing his own employer, some people on the train but also his own comrades.

Situation is pretty grim with Sofia taken hostage, the cars destroyed and Kosame being shot (I hope he doesn't die).

Feb 17, 2021 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
Ah, I see this show takes the Shield Hero approach to writing combat scenes: make a character look cool and powerful in a combat situation by nerfing every other character into complete incompetence. That whole scene with Gil went on for way too long as the show was clearly desperate to make him as threatening as possible. Of course, that can be done without making Kosame and everyone else lose all their combat skills.

I feel like I've been completely misled on what type of show this is. There's been what, three race scenes in the entire show? Sure, there's only so much you can do to make those interesting, but it feels like the show never even wanted to be that sort of thing in the first place and could have just as easily been a wild west gunslinger type of show, without any races whatsoever.
May 25, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2019
Damn Gil really ended Kosame like that smh. Rip my dude. Hopefully nakama bs saves him.

Also Gil better not touch Sofia. Best girl no cap.
Jun 14, 2022 2:13 AM

Nov 2013
Oh yeah, let the one character who has been shown to slice down bullet in air eat a bullet to save someone.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 6, 2023 1:18 AM

Jan 2021
Gil really succeeded in making me sick. Sofia is unharmed but why is Kosame hurt!!! Appare's car that he has designed day and night just burned down... he also shot Jing's car... I hope the ending is with Gil's death (because there are some characters who died here, even though they are not important characters).

I do want to see them have a fun race but I also want Kosame and Sofia to be in there T---T 

May 26, 2023 9:54 PM

Dec 2022
This episode, Appare literally so out of character it made no sense. Same with Kosame, for someone who could cut a bullet in half, should've been able to too
plus for great outlaws they sure got their asses handed to them by a former comrade so easily.
Nov 9, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2022
lmfao, there we have our race, now we can shove it up our asses with this cringe display of evil following the onsen filler
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

55 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 11, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Marinate1016 - Apr 24, 2020

77 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 10, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

79 by Purplik »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

45 by RyshaiLord »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Appare-Ranman! Episode 7 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Aug 14, 2020

30 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.