Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sayonara Watashi no Cramer' Gets Anime Film, TV Anime in Spring 2021

New
Sep 3, 2020 9:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The October 2020 issue of Monthly Shounen Magazine announced an anime film and a television anime adaptation of Naoshi Arakawa's Sayonara Watashi no Cramer (Farewell, My Dear Cramer) manga on Friday, both scheduled for an April 2021 premiere. Kodansha opened an official website for the anime project, revealing the cast, staff, key visuals (pictured above), and a teaser promo.

The anime film, Eiga Sayonara Watashi no Cramer: First Touch (Farewell, My Dear Cramer the Movie: First Touch), is adapting the two-volume Sayonara Football prequel manga.

Synopsis (Sayonara Football)
14-year-old Nozomi Onda has only one thing on her mind: playing beautiful soccer. There's just one problem: no matter how much she longs to participate in official matches, she'd have physically superior boys as opponents. But when a boy from her past confronts her on the street, she decides she can't wait any longer. (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Cast (Sayonara Football)
Nozomi Onda: Miyuri Shimabukuro (Hanebado!)
Sawa Echizen: Shion Wakayama (Sora no Aosa wo Shiru Hito yo)
Tetsuji Yamada: Kouki Uchiyama (Battery)
Kaoru Takei: Ryota Osaka (Diamond no Ace)
Yasuaki Tani: Shinba Tsuchiya (Ballroom e Youkoso)
Junpei Onda: Ryouko Shiraishi (Piano no Mori (TV))
Kouzou Samejima: Kouji Yusa (Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin)

The lead cast Miyuri Shimabukuro and Shion Wakayama will reprise as Nozomi Onda and Sawa Echizen in the television anime.

Synopsis (Sayonara Watashi no Cramer)
With no soccer accomplishments to speak of during the entirety of Sumire Suo's junior high school years, the young wing gets an odd offer. Suo's main rival, Midori Soshizaki, invites her to join up on the same team in high school, with a promise that she'll never let Suo "play alone." It's an earnest offer, but the question is whether Suo will take her up on it. Thus the curtain opens on a story that collects an enormous cast of individual soccer-playing personalities! (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Seiki Takuno (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV)) is directing both the anime film and television anime at LIDENFILMS. Natsuko Takahashi (Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari) is penning the script, and Eriko Itou (Koi to Uso) is designing the characters. Masaru Yokoyama (Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet) is composing the music. Toei is distributing the film.

The two-volume Sayonara Football prequel manga ran in Kodansha's Magazine E-no from June 2009 to August 2010. Following the conclusion of his Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) manga, Arakawa launched the Sayonara Watashi no Cramer sequel in May 2016. Kodansha published the 12th volume on June 17 (pictured right).

Kodansha Comics released the prequel manga volumes digitally in English in July 2016 and plans to publish them on September 15 and November 24. The company is simulpublishing the sequel manga with the Japanese release in English and published the 11th e-book volume on July 20. The first physical volume is scheduled for release on January 26, 2021.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://sayonara-cramer.com/
Official Twitter: @cramer_pr

Source: Comic Natalie

Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Movie: First Touch & Sayonara Watashi no Cramer on MAL
VindstotSep 3, 2020 3:21 PM

Sep 3, 2020 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
Girls sports anime, pretty interested.
Sep 3, 2020 10:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Writer is more than enough to convince me, honestly.

Gee, those lips though. Definitely stood out the most in the PV. And Kaori to start off, as well. Good lord.

Soccer, let's go!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 3, 2020 10:44 AM
Jun 2020
Would you look at that.

A work by the same author of YLIA that shares the same atmosphere is scheduled for April next year. What could possibly go wrong.
Sep 3, 2020 11:19 AM
May 2015
Wait.....The author also wrote "Your Lie in April"?! Ok, I have to check this one out.

I find soccer boring in real life but knowing anime, they'll somehow make it fun to watch. I mean, I had no interest with tennis either but Baby Steps made the sport fun to watch for me so I have hopes this anime will do the same.

Fyi, I prefer watching basketball, hockey and football irl (American football, for the Europeans out there since they call soccer "football").
jc9622Sep 3, 2020 11:25 AM

Sep 3, 2020 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
I'm gonna not assume this isnt Lie in Your April bait. Yah I'm gonna assume, despite the genres being Lie in Your April bait...

Sep 3, 2020 2:17 PM

Sep 2009
I really hated ShiGatsu. And I am afraid of studio adding more forced drama to the story like with Hanebad, but we'll seee.
Nachtwandler_21Sep 3, 2020 2:54 PM
Sep 3, 2020 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Hmm. I remember that this franchise had male characters and some romantic subplot, but was it that important? It's not yuri of course, but the main manga is the typical asexual sports shonen.

Nachtwandler_21 said:
I really hated ShiGatsu. And I am afraid of studio adding more forced drama to the story like with Hanebad, but we'll seee.

Studio? Lol, the anime fit with the atmosphere of the later volumes of the manga, and the author hinted that he approved of it, as the frivolity of the first volumes annoyed him.

VanishingKira said:
Hmm LIDENFILMS+Seiki Takuno not a good combo.

Hope for the best.

Why? They've been doing school shonen anime for years.

MegamiRem said:

The original manga lacks any kind of fanservice like yuri or ecchi, if that's what you're hoping for.
Sep 3, 2020 4:09 PM
Sep 2019
I read the manga on the Crunchyroll app and it's one of my favorites at the time, It's a story about a high school girls soccer team of losers and their ascendance to the top. The prequel is about a girl who plays soccer, but her school doesn't have a girls team, so she trains with the boys, she's a lot better than them, but eventually the puberty hits and the boys start to surpass her in strenght and speed. Been waiting so long for this to get an anime.
Sep 3, 2020 4:49 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
OMG, the manga's been in my plan to read list forever, so I'm hyped to see it getting an actual anime adaptation, and so soon as well~!X3
Hopefully it'll get me to start reading the manga finally then~!=v='3
Sep 3, 2020 5:40 PM
May 2016
oh good, an anime should be nice for this, because I've been having difficulty with the manga, mostly because Amazon confused both franchises and Rightstuf doesn't list everything
Sep 3, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
RobertBobert said:
MegamiRem said:

The original manga lacks any kind of fanservice like yuri or ecchi, if that's what you're hoping for.
Nope, not at all. I dunno why you got that idea lol.
Sep 3, 2020 10:22 PM

Apr 2012
MegamiRem said:
RobertBobert said:

Nope, not at all. I dunno why you got that idea lol.

I'm just used to that when people start praising "all-female" they mean fanservice.
Sep 4, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2011
Shigatsu author culls my interest a bit, but I'm still willing to give it a chance. Sayonara Football has been on my PTR for a while, but never realised it was the same author, or had a sequel.
Sep 4, 2020 6:59 AM

Dec 2018
If Sayonara Watashi no Cramer only going to have cute girls I am all in. Hopping for cute females and Yuri. Give me some lesbian sweetness,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

If it going to have males in it, Its not for me. I only want cute lesbians,,,,YEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderSep 4, 2020 7:10 AM
Sep 4, 2020 2:28 PM

Oct 2019
Even though I haven’t watched the entire thing yet, I have enjoyed what I have seen of Your Lie in April. Might have to check this out.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Sep 4, 2020 3:44 PM

Jul 2019
Even the author of "Your lie in april" I will definitely see it!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Sep 4, 2020 5:50 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
The lips remind me of either Usopp or Peach Girl. (I doubt that most people here know Peach Girl tho...)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2020 7:15 AM

Apr 2012
ChartTopper60 said:
The lips remind me of either Usopp or Peach Girl. (I doubt that most people here know Peach Girl tho...)

Why do you think so? I still see people complaining about how this title forgives the "antagonist".
Sep 7, 2020 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
So basically a more melodramatic/nostalgic female soccer version of Ahiru no Sora. Can't wait for the pain.
Sep 7, 2020 8:57 AM

Apr 2011
The art on that manga volume seems miles better than the promo image for the movie being displayed.... Really hope that's not a bad omen.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.