Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2020 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, that letter to Kathleen. A lot of sincere words from that and it got an emotional reaction out of Kathleen. Of course, she also knows how cruel their world is.

Action is still pretty meh for this show. I know they're trying to make this look the fighting look cool but it's not anything special at all.
Stark700Sep 2, 2020 7:18 AM
Sep 2, 2020 7:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Yukinojyo is sacrificing himself for Kathleen, I guess he's going to die during the fight, but who knows because thanks to the charm he will manage to survive lol
Sep 2, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2019
One day I’ll be able to tell my kids I watched this as it was airing.
Sep 2, 2020 10:34 AM
Sep 2015
Hmmm I'm wondering what's antidote for
Sep 2, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, Kathleen's mom participates in the vlog of their survival moments. Was thinking of anyone that's left to do this job.

Otherwise, the stupidity of the characters...like mother like daughter. Fool me once on Kathleen's actions, but not again on the mother just walking aimlessly and being hurt by a lizard Gibia whose stinger is 50/50 instant death or likely transformed into a Meteora.

Regardless, monk Yukinojyo securing the safety of the mother-daughter family at least had some conscience to it while Sensui is STILL out of commission.

Oh what's that? A farewell letter to tell her of the cruel world without both of her parents, and the reliance on Sensui and Co. for the rest of the journey (whom they've had ever lived crueler lives). That got decently emotional.

Kenroku and Ayame fighting alongside each other and looting for essentials while the ugly CGI Gibia roams around freely, danger is afloating everywhere and absolutely can't afford to be careless. As for monk Yukinojyo, his sacrifice will not be in vain for the safety of Kathleen. What a decent character thrown away to save face, with the power of a given charm, WISE actions right there.

NGL, this episode was SLOW as molasses.
Sep 2, 2020 12:02 PM
May 2020
I really wanted to like this show. I had looked at the website before the series started and was impressed with the concept. Was hoping for a variation of Drifters but that is not to be. Perhaps if i were 10 years old this series would be the bomb, you have all the great CGI action figures to collect.

I know that anime is not made for those of us who don't live in Japan but really there seems to be little thought to this, the death tool is high and still no explanation of how this started or the time travel issue.

I grit my teeth every episode.
Sep 2, 2020 3:24 PM

Jan 2018
She had to go, obviously. In order for Kathleen to somehow develop? I guess?

But we all know, that character development has already been wrecked in the early episodes.
Sep 2, 2020 7:45 PM
Jun 2017
Marinate1016 said:
One day I’ll be able to tell my kids I watched this as it was airing.

me too...hahaha...
Sep 2, 2020 7:45 PM

Oct 2008
looks like the mother is goners huh...
Yukinojou did the right thing! so that Kathleen would survive...
looks like only few would survive on this show at the end of their journey...
not even sure if Hakase would have the capability to create a wakchuu!
4/5.

Sep 2, 2020 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
So bye bye to mama and Yuki. I still ship them hard even to their mutual death.
臭い-
Sep 2, 2020 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
Needed more zoom ins on that foot, three was not enough. Need more prrof and realization that Mama Kathleen was injured. In her foot.

Not only did Kathleen's Mom escape, from a bed in a room in which everyone was else sleeping because no one posted watch in a world filled with Gibia, but she ALSO had time to pen a novel.

When Yukinojyo grabbed Kathleen by the shoulders from behind, I was like, "We know where this is going." But then it didn't and I had to re-evaluate my life choices.

Sensui still dying of dysentery like they on the Oregon Trail , out like half the episodes, and no one is even close to his skill so every fight is like "omg, they gonna live?"

Doctor is apparently a mechanic as well and ain't doing a damn thing to progress towards this vaccine. I forgot why they were even on the road to begin with.
Sep 3, 2020 12:19 AM

Aug 2018
We’ll see what happens. Mama isn’t out of the picture yet, and I think warrior monk is going to kick some monster ass.
Sep 3, 2020 12:28 AM
Dec 2019
So after her mother disappeared, it looked like they tidied her bed, so how didn't they find the letter before?

It was awful to put Kathleen through that with everything else thats going on, and especially with Yukinojou doing what he did at the end, im hoping he survives because he is a good character.
Sep 3, 2020 3:48 AM
Jul 2017
Why am I still watching this train wreck that keeps getting worse and worse...??

Ooh, yeah - nothing else is out and I'm too lazy to catch up on the other returning series' :(
Sep 3, 2020 8:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No one ever realised that Kathleen's mom got attack, eventhough that trunk so close and near them. Were they suddenly deaf? Smh. That doctor somehow just let that shit happened which was make me laughed hard. I mean look at his respond over the obvious outcome. Oh, well. It would be so good if they just found out the real condition. But alas, another endless battle reached them in the end without even say a proper good bye. However, when i realised that shit was supposed to set up for another good bye. So yeah, no complain afterall. I am feel really intrigueing for the next episode outcome. Lol
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 3, 2020 8:21 AM

May 2015
Unpopular opinion: this anime is good, and is getting better and better.
TheBerserkerSep 3, 2020 11:15 AM
Sep 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
Their slow reaction is so annoying, like someone's dying or being stabbed in front of them they'll just stare at it and react after 2/3 minutes just like I saw in Hindi serials.

I thought Kathleen would be more worried about her mom, was surprised to see her sitting beside Sensui's bed instead of her mom's. It pisses me off how everyone's protecting Kathleen, she did mention that she's good at Kendo then why doesn't she fight. Would be nice if she's the one to kill her Gibia mother.

Also the Gibia animation is so weak. I'm sure this is like an experiment work of junior animators.
Sep 4, 2020 9:19 AM

Jun 2016
madafaka !!!
they killed cathleen's precious mom !!
Sep 4, 2020 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
Ashhk said:
So Yukinojyo is sacrificing himself for Kathleen, I guess he's going to die during the fight, but who knows because thanks to the charm he will manage to survive lol

one of gang members showed up during ending song so I guess he will be saved by them. But still, didn't gang followed them at the end of some episode?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 5, 2020 4:57 PM
Sep 6, 2020 3:20 PM

Apr 2018
Hmm I wonder if Yukinojyo is going to survive a horde of Gibiate.
Sep 6, 2020 5:49 PM

Jul 2020
What the heck is the doctor doing in this anime, like fr? We don't anything about him and we are supposed to root, let alone, believe he will find the cure to this disease shit. Why am I still watching this anime?
Sep 6, 2020 11:48 PM

Oct 2017
RIP the mom and looks like Monk's gonna die too.
Nov 27, 2020 6:59 PM
May 2020
You know when you're waaay to deep into the hole, so you just keep falling?

It's me with this show...i hate it so damn much. But i need to finish it.
Jan 3, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
I swear that letter appeared out of thin air. These hat tricks seem to be pretty commonplace in this anime. Also why was the mother's disappearance necessary, and why didn't she transform immediately into a gibia if she got infected, if that was her underlying reason for leaving?

So the monk is probably gonna die too.
Feb 2, 2021 3:57 AM

Jul 2015
Wait did Kathleen just say that the Warring states era was a much more cruel time compared to the hellish situation they are in now? I beg to differ but to each their own vision of what cruel means I guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

78 by Punkero »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

43 by Punkero »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2020

135 by Punkero »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:41 PM

» Do you think it's that bad?

KanekiKen523 - Apr 29, 2023

7 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

78 by Ardi8 »»
Apr 23, 2022 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.