New
Sep 1, 2020 8:48 AM

Mar 2020
some people trend to say this
is this true?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2020 9:39 AM

Feb 2020
Yes, some people say it but it's only some people.

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Sep 1, 2020 9:56 AM
Mar 2020
yeah its, its certainly for the current generation of western anime fans.
Sep 1, 2020 11:28 AM
Jun 2020
It would be if the rest were just a bunch of generic isekais. It turns out that's not the case.
Sep 1, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2017
it's hard to call *anything* the greatest in it's field. from what i hear, it's a lot less popular in Japan so it's hard to call it the 'greatest' overall, and I know a lot of people who don't think it's really anything special, myself included tho i am yet to be up to date with it. in short, subjectively, yes for some people, otherwise no
Sep 1, 2020 12:45 PM

Jun 2020
Are we gonna pretend One Piece isn't objectively the best manga of all time?
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 1, 2020 2:28 PM

Oct 2017
That's an interesting way to spell Detective Conan

Sep 1, 2020 2:32 PM

Jan 2020
A manga can only be considered the greatest if it's as funny as Grand Blue...

So, nope.. it isn't
Sep 1, 2020 3:51 PM

May 2016
personally i don't think it is zzz

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Sep 1, 2020 4:15 PM

Apr 2013
I think it's pretty good, but I don't think it's the greatest.
Sep 2, 2020 5:56 AM
Jul 2016
It’s pretty subjective and not everyone has the same taste but i know certain people/youtubers who have taste include aot manga as one of the greatest. Personally for me, yeah, why?

1. Gray & realist
2. Those insane foreshadow and plottwist ( for example, ch 1 : To you, 2000 years from now and the title of ch 122 )
3. The author knows what he’s doing from the start hence he even spoils the final panel and audio of the ending he envisioned
4. It demands you to re-read because of details that will lead to major events
5. This story is certainly not for teenagers ( under 18-20 ) and people who only love simple conflict & actions
6. Many life lessons
7. Every arcs are connected

And many more, i suggest you read it to see if it’s worth to be called the greatest or not, don’t let anybody who shittalk this series turn you off
SelenehakzSep 2, 2020 6:22 AM
Sep 2, 2020 6:31 AM

May 2012
It's the best. Particularly art-wise.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Sep 3, 2020 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
That would be incorrect, as the greatest manga is and will always be Yotsubato.
Sep 3, 2020 11:32 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to series sub-board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Sep 3, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2019
Not the greatest but for me it is one of the greatest for sure
Sep 3, 2020 11:47 PM
Apr 2019
spectrojan said:
Are we gonna pretend One Piece isn't objectively the best manga of all time?
Berserk is objectively the best manga
Sep 4, 2020 12:58 AM

Dec 2014
definitely no, Konosuba is the best in term of adventure genre.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 4, 2020 1:35 AM

Jun 2014
Might not be the greatest. But one of the greatest for sure. In terms of story, it's execution and foreshadowing. This probably is the only manga that comes close to Pandora hearts in terms of story and how far the writer had planned it out.
For me personally, these two are the only manga when you reread them. You can see what characters were REALLY doing or saying. In AOT case,

Lastly, It also totally depends how the manga ends. If the ending turns out to be bang average then well you can guess the outrage.
Sep 4, 2020 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
err ok sure this is peak manga quality and all will go down from here....

Sep 4, 2020 11:10 AM

Oct 2018
after read what happened in chapters 132 I'd say it's the best of all time.
I just want whatever ending happens already
Sep 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2020
Ummm...It may not be the greatest, but it is definitely one of the greatest...
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Sep 4, 2020 11:28 AM
Apr 2019
Bruh no, read more stuffs.
Sep 4, 2020 12:44 PM

Aug 2019
It’s difficult to talk about THE BEST of all time, but it’s one of the best for sure. Isayama is a proper genius, this is one of the best stories I’ve seen/read in any medium.
Sep 4, 2020 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
It has real potential to be the greatest but now it all depends on how it ends. I would consider it the greatest if a certain ending happens.
Sep 4, 2020 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
Even if we only judge by the story alone, I wouldn't say so.
I would put One Piece above Attack on Titan. Might not be a fair comparison since One Piece is so much longer.
can dis sig fit
Sep 4, 2020 4:01 PM

Feb 2019
No, I won't even give AoT a 9/10. Although it comes close to the score, but just, there are many manga better than AoT IMO.
Sep 4, 2020 11:13 PM

Jul 2015
Calm down, it is great, definitely one of my favorites and certainly in a top 10 from the 2010's to now, but it's safer to say one of the greatests.

It is hard to measure who's the greatest of all time, it's subjective, so calm down.
Sep 4, 2020 11:38 PM

Apr 2020
Only if you've never read anything else in your life
Sep 4, 2020 11:41 PM

Sep 2017
"of all time" seems too exaggerated lol, but personally yes its one of those greatest manga i've ever read and currently my most favorited manga

those fans just exaggerating as usual let them be, you have to decide it yourself whether this manga (and other too) is great/not.
Sep 5, 2020 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
It is one of the greatest makes the most sense as we can never say a single manga is the greatest of all time, now that's different if you are saying it is your favorite manga of all time.

So yeah it don't make any sense to say it is the greatest manga of all time when others will say it is not.
Sep 5, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
Salty-GB said:

Your opinion is worthless since you practically only watch 8 episodes of the first season.
Sep 5, 2020 12:19 AM
Jul 2016
Salty-GB said:

Oh you are the one who hates aot even before finishing it. Why are you in this manga forum when you hates it lmao
Sep 5, 2020 1:49 AM
Apr 2019
Salty-GB said:
I have read many mangas (not updated in my manga list cause i'm not that active on this site) and i still think its one of the greatest. Any problem with that?
Sep 5, 2020 3:30 AM

Aug 2012
It's one of the best
Sep 5, 2020 3:48 AM

Sep 2018
Yea some people might think so, some dont....mhhhhh...it almost certainly is the greatest Manga of all time for people that have only read one Manga in their live.
Sep 5, 2020 4:34 AM
Nov 2018
MistaAsh said:
A manga can only be considered the greatest if it's as funny as Grand Blue...

So, nope.. it isn't

Agree 100%. Nothing can beat Grand Blue.
But AoT is still 3rd on my favourites.
Sep 5, 2020 6:31 AM

Oct 2015
AnimeFA78N said:
some people trend to say this
is this true?

Some people say it ? Ok why should I or anyone else besides them care ?
Sep 5, 2020 7:42 AM
Jul 2020
The show/manga relies heavily on shock factors. So, no. Definitely not the greatest manga/anime of all time.
Sep 5, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2020
keragamming said:
Salty-GB said:

Your opinion is worthless since you practically only watch 8 episodes of the first season.

I've also read the first few chapters lol. If I can tell it's not up there with the greats from those chapters... I mean, speaks for itself doesn't it?

Selenehakz said:
Salty-GB said:

Oh you are the one who hates aot even before finishing it. Why are you in this manga forum when you hates it lmao

It popped up on the recent posts page and seemed dumb so I posted a dumb reply. Didn't expect so much salt over it honestly.

Bababazooka69 said:
Salty-GB said:
I have read many mangas (not updated in my manga list cause i'm not that active on this site) and i still think its one of the greatest. Any problem with that?

If that's what you wanna believe then I'm not argue it my guy.

Also I feel ya, I've read too much manga to even attempt putting them all on my list. If I see one I've read pop up I'll add it but that's as far as I'm going
Sep 5, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2016
Salty-GB said:
keragamming said:

I've also read the first few chapters lol. If I can tell it's not up there with the greats from those chapters... I mean, speaks for itself doesn't it?

Selenehakz said:

It popped up on the recent posts page and seemed dumb so I posted a dumb reply. Didn't expect so much salt over it honestly.

Bababazooka69 said:

If that's what you wanna believe then I'm not argue it my guy.

Also I feel ya, I've read too much manga to even attempt putting them all on my list. If I see one I've read pop up I'll add it but that's as far as I'm going

I see, yeah just be careful next time since this is in the manga forum too. For the first few chapters, the arts are not great but have important details which will happen later in s4 ( ch 121-122 in the manga ), planning to continue this series someday?
Sep 5, 2020 10:22 AM

Oct 2013
@Salty-GB

I have no problem with you disliking attack on Titan, the thing is the contents that you watch in those 8 episodes are manga chapters that were released back in 2010, we are now in 2020, you are kidding yourself if you think you can form and opinion on the series with watching that little amount of episodes.

The series is completely different and you don't even know what the true plot is, the truth is the first three seasons of snk are basically the prequel of the series.

Funny enough if you continue the series there is a chance you may even become a fan of it as there many people that didn't like the first season and then became big fan later on because this series build up off each season and it only gets better and better.

But that's your choice if you want to continue, it just triggers me that you have only watch that little amount of content and think you qualify to form an opinion of the series and expect people to take you seriously.

Zlyiond said:
The show/manga relies heavily on shock factors. So, no. Definitely not the greatest manga/anime of all time.

I'm assuming based off your list so correct me if I'm wrong but I see that you have only watch 2 episode of the first season don't you think it's a bit unfair to make that statement after just watching two episodes?

The series definitely relied on shock value in it's early stages and it continues to be very violent and dark but definitely doesn't rely only on shock value.

I can tell you that the first season of attack on Titan got plenty of hate with it being called overrated a million times, my point is it's getting these praise by the series quality overall including the manga and not just the first season.

But again I think it is unfair to assume the series is all shock factor and nothing else just by watching two episodes, which I may remind you those two episodes are basically to hook in viewers into the series.

Berserk gets this type of praise heck even more than attack on titan, it is rated #1 on mal and it too was all about shock value in it early stages too, actually that is why people loved Berserk in the first place because of how gritty and dark it is.

Me personally I think it is one of the greatest not the greatest because I don't believe there is a the greatest series.
keragammingSep 5, 2020 10:25 AM
Sep 5, 2020 4:50 PM

Jan 2020
Zlyiond said:

If you only have watched the first 2 episodes of the anime you shouldn't make statements like that about the series.

I have only read a few other mangas, but out of all the fictional stories I have seen/read Aot is the best imo.
Sep 5, 2020 5:14 PM

Apr 2020
Bababazooka69 said:

I see, yeah just be careful next time since this is in the manga forum too. For the first few chapters, the arts are not great but have important details which will happen later in s4 ( ch 121-122 in the manga ), planning to continue this series someday?

Hmm probably not, it's a bit too long for me to pick up knowing I found it boring the first time. Not really a fan of the "anyone can die at any moment" trope unless it's a horror movie where attachment isn't expected. Maybe if a friend or something watched with me I'd have the mental fortitude to get through it since I could just talk to them through the parts I find especially boring.

I don't hate the series or anything, I just don't think it's very good.

keragamming said:
@Salty-GB

I have no problem with you disliking attack on Titan, the thing is the contents that you watch in those 8 episodes are manga chapters that were released back in 2010, we are now in 2020, you are kidding yourself if you think you can form and opinion on the series with watching that little amount of episodes.

The series is completely different and you don't even know what the true plot is, the truth is the first three seasons of snk are basically the prequel of the series.

Funny enough if you continue the series there is a chance you may even become a fan of it as there many people that didn't like the first season and then became big fan later on because this series build up off each season and it only gets better and better.

But that's your choice if you want to continue, it just triggers me that you have only watch that little amount of content and think you qualify to form an opinion of the series and expect people to take you seriously.

Oh you definitely can form an opinion. You're kidding yourself if you say you HAVEN'T formed an opinion after even a few episodes. I don't expect anything from anyone, you're the one that responded to what I would consider at least partially a joke post.

Also, you're not really selling it to me here... Why should I even bother with the first 3 seasons if they're just a prequel? I know what you're trying to say but the way you worded it implies that I can just skip to the last season.
Salty-GBSep 5, 2020 5:19 PM
Sep 5, 2020 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
I certainly believe it is at least one of the greatest manga of all time.
Sep 5, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
@Salty-GB

You can form a opinion but it's worth nothing since you have practically watch less than 5% of what the series has to offer.

A lot of people that love the series now didn't like the first season or at least thought it wasn't that good basically the same opinion as you and now they love it, what I am trying to say is it's best you don't bother discussing or mentioning anything about attack on Titan since everyone will just point out to you that you haven't even completed the first season and that to many (I disagree with this) believe the first season is the weakness season of attack on Titan.
Sep 5, 2020 5:59 PM

Apr 2020
keragamming said:
@Salty-GB

You can form a opinion but it's worth nothing since you have practically watch less than 5% of what the series has to offer.

A lot of people that love the series now didn't like the first season or at least thought it wasn't that good basically the same opinion as you and now they love it, what I am trying to say is it's best you don't bother discussing or mentioning anything about attack on Titan since everyone will just point out to you that you haven't even completed the first season and that to many (I disagree with this) believe the first season is the weakness season of attack on Titan.

I initially wrote out a pretty rude reply but after reading it over I decided not to post it. Instead I'll just say that the "it gets good after season 1" way of thinking is fundamentally flawed. Even if it does get good after the first season, that's still a stain on the series, therefore it can't be one of the greatest of all time. You can't just view a specific part of the story and go "well this was cool so its the greatest", you have to look at a show as a whole. If the first season is boring or bad, that still knocks down the score.
Sep 5, 2020 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Salty-GB said:
keragamming said:
@Salty-GB

I initially wrote out a pretty rude reply but after reading it over I decided not to post it. Instead I'll just say that the "it gets good after season 1" way of thinking is fundamentally flawed. Even if it does get good after the first season, that's still a stain on the series, therefore it can't be one of the greatest of all time. You can't just view a specific part of the story and go "well this was cool so its the greatest", you have to look at a show as a whole. If the first season is boring or bad, that still knocks down the score.

As I said I personally loved the first season I'm just telling what I have heard others say, fmab is consider one of the best anime ever made and it is #1 on Mal but many said the beginning of it was pretty weak and if it was split into seasons then that first 25 episodes probably wouldn't even be rated above 8, the same for hxh 2011 but that didn't stop it from being called one of the greatest either, so I will have to disagree there.

There is no perfect series let's get that out of the way a 10/10 doesn't mean it has zero flaws.

But let's drop it here, all I'm saying is that anytime you mention snk someone is going to look at your list and they are going to say " but you have only watch 8 episodes?" and that is how it's going to always be so I suggest if you don't want to go throgh these long discussion just avoid talking about it here.

Sep 5, 2020 6:58 PM

Apr 2020
keragamming said:
Salty-GB said:

As I said I personally loved the first season I'm just telling what I have heard others say, fmab is consider one of the best anime ever made and it is #1 on Mal but many said the beginning of it was pretty weak and if it was split into seasons then that first 25 episodes probably wouldn't even be rated above 8, the same for hxh 2011 but that didn't stop it from being called one of the greatest either, so I will have to disagree there.

There is no perfect series let's get that out of the way a 10/10 doesn't mean it has zero flaws.

But let's drop it here, all I'm saying is that anytime you mention snk someone is going to look at your list and they are going to say " but you have only watch 8 episodes?" and that is how it's going to always be so I suggest if you don't want to go throgh these long discussion just avoid talking about it here.

I mean, I don't believe brotherhood should be as highly rated as it is either though. The manga is one of the greatest of all time but brotherhood does a terrible job of showing the start. I'm honestly not even sure why people like it so much. But if you wanna drop this chat that's Gucci. Again, I don't really care if people wanna call me out on not watching or reading more. My opinion of a show doesn't generally change past the first few episodes unless the ending is really bad or something.

Was kinda fun talking to you though, have a good one man.
Sep 5, 2020 9:29 PM
Jul 2016
Salty-GB said:
keragamming said:

I mean, I don't believe brotherhood should be as highly rated as it is either though. The manga is one of the greatest of all time but brotherhood does a terrible job of showing the start. I'm honestly not even sure why people like it so much. But if you wanna drop this chat that's Gucci. Again, I don't really care if people wanna call me out on not watching or reading more. My opinion of a show doesn't generally change past the first few episodes unless the ending is really bad or something.

Was kinda fun talking to you though, have a good one man.

I can relate to what @keragamming say here, i was one of those people who called aot is generic and overrated while only watch s1 and around 3 months ago, decided to binge the series when s4 trailer came out and anime critics such as gigguk & anime man have been calling it to be classic masterpiece. And after finishing season 3, looking back at s1 i can see why the cheap factors and every arcs are necessary and after reading the manga till latest chapter, it turns oht that the author has been planning this series carefully with the builds up
Sep 6, 2020 5:03 AM
Nov 2018
greatest? no there are a lot of gems but it is one of best like top 20 maybe or 10 at tops.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.