Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2020 2:37 AM

Apr 2012
I am still considering watching this show, but it bothers me a bit that so many people on the internet try to compare this anime to bait-ish Richard from last season. So I wanted to ask how much this show teases fujoshi.
Sep 1, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
@Kaifans So, is this typical bromance that attracts a large female audience due to "male relationships"?
Sep 1, 2020 9:39 AM
Apr 2019
Quite honestly, this stuff happens when two main characters who are complete opposites (whether its m/f, m/m, or f/f) are put together, there are going to be lots of people shipping them. There's another anime, Great Pretender that does have people shipping the two main guys but I love it for the plot and characters (a lot more than Balance Unlimited), the shipping feels secondary in contrast to the different story arcs.

Sure there are fetishizers but sometimes, people just like it when two characters click.
Sep 1, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
SmolOwl21 said:
Quite honestly, this stuff happens when two main characters who are complete opposites (whether its m/f, m/m, or f/f) are put together, there are going to be lots of people shipping them. There's another anime, Great Pretender that does have people shipping the two main guys but I love it for the plot and characters (a lot more than Balance Unlimited), the shipping feels secondary in contrast to the different story arcs.

Sure there are fetishizers but sometimes, people just like it when two characters click.

Well, I suspected something like that among the GP watchers, but as far as I remember, there is an important female characters for a potential straight relationship.
Sep 1, 2020 11:50 AM

Jan 2020
I think the main reasons why so many fujoshis have been attracted to this show is because its pretty boys having character interaction, so OBVIOUSLY it has to be gay.

Getting to know another guy? That's a feminine trait.

But no its not baiting anything. Its a pretty good show so far, I just recommend denying the existence of the crazy fans.

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Sep 2, 2020 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
It definitely feels like fans ship the hell out of them or romanticise the aesthetic (?)

I just try to ignore that stuff and enjoy the show for what it is.
Sep 2, 2020 4:45 AM

Apr 2009
The relationship on the show is so dry you could hardly even call it a friendship.

Most fans probably just want to bang Daisuke. You know how every season there is a female character that gets dozens of doujin and fanart because she's hot? That but with a dude.

It's also really a bad show, so not really worth watching.

Sep 2, 2020 5:13 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
SmolOwl21 said:

Well, I suspected something like that among the GP watchers, but as far as I remember, there is an important female characters for a potential straight relationship.

Thing is, Kanbe is very cold toward Suzue (the important female character), so there's no hint whatsoever any romantic relationship might appear between them (until now) even though the op could imply it's possible. Furthermore Suzue act more like a "devoted" servant with him.

So for now, fujoshis can fantasize whatever they want about Kanbe and ... Kanbe is "hot", that helps. As for the other male character, it was hinted he is at least into women but that's probably not enough to stop fujoshis.

You should give it a try, the show is not bad and there is a good plot right now, that goes beyond the cute rich boy do cute police things from the first episodes.
Sep 2, 2020 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
RobertBobert said:

Thing is, Kanbe is very cold toward Suzue (the important female character), so there's no hint whatsoever any romantic relationship might appear between them (until now) even though the op could imply it's possible. Furthermore Suzue act more like a "devoted" servant with him.

So for now, fujoshis can fantasize whatever they want about Kanbe and ... Kanbe is "hot", that helps. As for the other male character, it was hinted he is at least into women but that's probably not enough to stop fujoshis.

You should give it a try, the show is not bad and there is a good plot right now, that goes beyond the cute rich boy do cute police things from the first episodes.

You made me think of Shouwa Rakugo, when fans ignored a very important straight love triangle subplot just to pretend there was something between male leads lol.

Well, I’m lying if I say that I’m not interested in romance, but at the moment I just don’t know what to expect from this show at all.
Sep 3, 2020 1:01 AM

Nov 2009
Yes. But please stop being afraid of stuff being aimed at women.
Sep 3, 2020 5:39 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

You made me think of Shouwa Rakugo, when fans ignored a very important straight love triangle subplot just to pretend there was something between male leads lol.

Well, I’m lying if I say that I’m not interested in romance, but at the moment I just don’t know what to expect from this show at all.

For now there's no romance, can happen later though and there's a kind of conspiracy plot. That should be interesting for people looking for crime/mystery/police anime.

As for Shouwa Rakugo, even it they were straight ... you know the ending I guess,
Sep 3, 2020 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
I don't think it's fujo-pandering at all, but since it's an anime that has a strong focus on the dynamic between 2 male MC's with contrasting personalities it will definitely fuel some fujo fantasies haha
Sep 3, 2020 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
RobertBobert said:

For now there's no romance, can happen later though and there's a kind of conspiracy plot. That should be interesting for people looking for crime/mystery/police anime.

As for Shouwa Rakugo, even it they were straight ... you know the ending I guess,

I read spoilers about this even before I watched the anime itself, but yeah. Shippers, as usual, don't care about the actual plot at all.
Sep 3, 2020 7:36 PM

Aug 2014
on ep 8 , no signs of gay but i can see how fujoshis would ship because of their looks and the way they(the two male mc) conversate (one is troubling the other). there was one episode where daisuke(black hair) stayed at gray hair's home, and i felt it wasnt much related to the plot and was probably fanservice for fujoshi. but not much happened that episode, besides trying to impress the other with some cooking.

although there is no signs of gay there was a bit of heterosexual incest. but they went vague with it, im guessing to keep the fujoshi fans still intact. that scene made me think maybe the original manga is more incest but the anime director wanted it to attract fujoshi so they went 50/50 lol

and have you seen the opening song? suzue is hot , so i would say its maybe leaning more towards male audience
Ako-Sep 3, 2020 7:45 PM
Sep 3, 2020 10:16 PM
Nov 2019
There's literally not a hint of romance in the show.

People really just want to ship two hot male lead characters.

Edit: Take out the hot characters and it's pretty much a hardcore detective story.
LectorFrostbiteSep 3, 2020 10:24 PM
Sep 4, 2020 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
Nah, this is FAR from being like Richard where the bait was in your face all the time (and it's also a MUCH better show imo). The closest it got to have bait was, like it was previously said, in episode 4.

There's no romance in this show, gay or straight. They just ship the MCs because fujos will be fujos...

The plot has only been improving, these last few episodes have been really strong so I'd recommend you to check it out.
Sep 4, 2020 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
I can say this with a hundred percent confidence that this series will end with no one ending up with anyone lol I don't even see a straight ship in this series. Like some people have said, fujoshis will be fujoshis.

If anything, without spoiling much, Haru Kato, the gray-haired guy is straight. He is seen admiring a woman and is even jealous of Kambe because
臭い-
Sep 4, 2020 1:24 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not so sure about the anime interpretation of the original source, but I can confirm that the original source is not, because the author is misogynist, and misogynist doesn't mess with same-sex relationship.
Sep 4, 2020 5:19 AM
Sep 2019
Nah man, 100% not fujoshi
Sep 4, 2020 6:34 AM

Jun 2020
not really. it's trying very hard to be everything else before it's even trying to pander to fujoshis.

there was a SOL-esque episode (ep4) where they one of them stays over at the other's. that was probably the only bit of obvious fanservice there was.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 4, 2020 6:45 AM

Apr 2012
phantomfandom said:
I'm not so sure about the anime interpretation of the original source, but I can confirm that the original source is not, because the author is misogynist, and misogynist doesn't mess with same-sex relationship.

Misogynist? Why do you think so?

@Ako-

Is there incest on this show?

Sep 4, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2009
RobertBobert said:
phantomfandom said:

He's probably referring to an old comment form the original writer (Which I don't think is even involved with this, but w/ever) who wrote a comment about how he'd like to cum over the status of south Korea rape victims, which is... something.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/04/10/national/japanese-novelist-sparks-outcry-south-korea-insults-comfort-woman-statue/

Sep 4, 2020 11:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's just the fujoshi that make it seems like its a fujoshi anime.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 5, 2020 6:49 AM

Apr 2012
DatRandomDude said:
It's just the fujoshi that make it seems like its a fujoshi anime.

For this reason, I hesitate with the second season of Eupho. After the first season, it is impossible to watch it without thinking about yuri bait / reading.

Jin_uzuki said:
RobertBobert said:

He's probably referring to an old comment form the original writer (Which I don't think is even involved with this, but w/ever) who wrote a comment about how he'd like to cum over the status of south Korea rape victims, which is... something.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/04/10/national/japanese-novelist-sparks-outcry-south-korea-insults-comfort-woman-statue/

I don't know which is more weird. A completely surreal "joke" of the author, or how the Japan Times tries to copy Western leftist magazines.
RobertBobertSep 5, 2020 6:53 AM
Sep 12, 2020 6:12 AM

Feb 2020
Fujoshi will always be fujoshi and see possible gay couples in every genre with mainly male protagonists. May it be shounen, sol, sports, doesn’t matter. But there’s like zero romance going on in this anime this isn‘t made to be a fujoshi bait at all.
Sep 20, 2020 5:28 AM
Feb 2020
Bernrika said:

I'm sorry you have weird deeply rooted issues with men, but, he didn't say anything about "women." He's talking about fujos. Get off your cross, you're not oppressed.
Sep 20, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2016
No, there's not an ounce of fujo-baiting or queerbaiting. Anybody else that tells you otherwise is either a fujoshi or has no experience with romance.

You can barely even consider the two leads as genuine friends (at least up to episode 9 which was where I left off, so I'm not sure if they'll develop)
Sep 21, 2020 6:35 AM

Nov 2009
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Bernrika said:

I'm sorry you have weird deeply rooted issues with men, but, he didn't say anything about "women." He's talking about fujos. Get off your cross, you're not oppressed.

Oh, now you are stalking me. Weirdo.
Sep 21, 2020 10:40 AM

Oct 2014
Yes. There's nothing wrong with an anime made for women who like men. Imo it's better than the opposite because it's less common.
Oct 16, 2020 8:46 AM
Jun 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
RobertBobert said:

i agree with you but you're forgetting that suzue is actually kanbe's sister so it wouldn't be out of the question for him to not be interested in her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

224 by Hikimarun »»
Feb 13, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.