Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Sequel that disappointed you the most?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 1, 2020 9:39 PM

Aug 2010
AxBattler said:

By source material do you mean the LN or manga? I've watched Index I and II, and also all the Railgun released till now. I skipped Index III due to the poor review but the manga cover the LN well, I might check that out instead.

Source Material is referring to "Light Novel" which Season 3 is deemed to be adapted from.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2020 10:22 PM

Aug 2015
One Punch Man season 2 was underwhelming, I feel like the manga is dragging a bit too.
Attack On Titan season 2 kind of felt like a mess and lazy writing. I enjoyed the other seasons though.
FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa can burn in hell where it belongs. Ruined the better ending out of both series.

Sep 1, 2020 10:26 PM

Sep 2017
Tokyo Ghoul RE: Part two. Pierrot you dumped into the trash my beloved anime.
Sep 1, 2020 10:58 PM

Jan 2019
Zayvex said:
Every Durarara!! sequel after the first season was disappointing to me, They were still fun to watch though.

Same. I don't think the anime needed more seasons because the story felt complete except for some aspects. It had a great and somewhat unique concept and feel in season 1 and then it got more generic, but oh well.
Sep 1, 2020 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
Sword Art Online 2. The plot and everything was a huge mess and the latter half it somehow felt the anime shifted into a slice of life)

Tokyo Ghoul RE. It felt as if the team and studio behind it gave up on it and didn't bother trying make sense of the plot.
Sep 1, 2020 11:07 PM

Sep 2008
Index s3. I'll never forgive jcstaff for this.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 2, 2020 1:16 AM

Dec 2014
Stein;Gate 0, the story directly lead you back to the end of last episode of season 1, which mean there isn't actually a need of season 2 at all.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 2, 2020 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
LordQuaz said:
The second season of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo was very lame, it almost felt like it was a tribute to the first season instead of striking out in any way on its own. Most of the plot of the second season felt like falling action.

I thought the whole series was pretty lame, but it's true the second season didn't add that much after the first season. I don't quite understand why it's rated that high.
Sep 2, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2020
Lucifrost said:
Steins;Gate 0 and Adieu Galaxy Express 999.

What disappointed you about Steins;gate 0?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2020 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
Ventus_S said:
Got to be SAO season 3.
Not even close.
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

First half of Alicization was actually pretty good.
But now SAO truly reclaimed it's throne as the King of Trash.

WatchTillTandava said:
Kemono Friends season 2.

The best thing is that Tatsuki's Kemurikusa aired literally at the same season, which is probably the greatest flex in the history of anime industry.

---

For me it will be definetely Grisaia Phantom Trigger.
It literally replaced everything that was good about original trilogy with an utter garbage.

And obviously Index 3. Arcs adapted within the season are probably the most important in the story, but it turned out to be rushed and incomprehensible cluster*uck.

Sep 2, 2020 12:51 PM
Jul 2019
Tokyo ghoul re
One punch man s2
Nanatsu no taizai s3
Psycho pass s2
Siren
High school dxd s4
Sep 2, 2020 12:54 PM
Dec 2018
Tokyo ghoul Re
OPM season 2
Nanatsu no Taizai season 3
Sep 2, 2020 2:09 PM

Sep 2017
Hrybami said:
LordQuaz said:
The second season of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo was very lame, it almost felt like it was a tribute to the first season instead of striking out in any way on its own. Most of the plot of the second season felt like falling action.

I thought the whole series was pretty lame, but it's true the second season didn't add that much after the first season. I don't quite understand why it's rated that high.

I liked the first season well enough, I think I gave it a 7? It was pretty melodramatic but I didn't mind too much, also I felt the rakugo scenes were very nice. Definitely not among my favs. But season two actively annoyed me, it really was like 85% rehash.
Sep 2, 2020 2:22 PM

May 2018
Eureka Seven AO. The most disappointing sequel I've experienced in my 10+ years of watching anime. I had such high expectations and it turned into a lame third-rate bs show with painfully stupid and generic characters and dumb script. My disappointment was immeasurable.

Sep 2, 2020 2:27 PM

Oct 2018
Kuroshitsuji II

I think I don't have to say nothing more
Sep 2, 2020 2:39 PM
Feb 2018
Kara no Kyoukai's second film (by release date, not chronology) was a rather dull follow-up to the decently entertaining first film. I would argue that it has a stronger musical score, but I don't think that makes up for it being both longer and less engaging.

That's not to say the first entry is a masterpiece; it has all the familiar pitfalls of a Type-Moon property in that it feels like fantasy rules are being written on the fly and the audience is punished for not knowing how to solve the mystery when we don't have all the puzzle pieces. It's definitely not as bad as Lord El-Melloi II in that respect, but it's still a serious blemish on an otherwise well-made and entertaining film.

The second film's solution to this problem is to essentially remove any and all fantasy information in favor of explaining it in later films I haven't seen yet. Maybe I will someday, but this entry firmly put the Kara no Kyoukai franchise very low on my for-later list.
Sep 2, 2020 5:51 PM
Oct 2015
Hmm...

One Punch Man 2
Tokyo Ghoul: Re (not the studio's fault, the manga was also garbage IMO)
Re:Life 2
Boruto (again, garbage manga, but man the filler in the anime...)
Snafu 2020

SNAFU 2020 takes the cake for now, but I'd assume that is mostly because I'm still watching it -_-
Sep 2, 2020 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
RuanNgoc said:
Date a live season 2 (and perhaps season 3). The animation quality of this sequel is desperately dropping.

Did you watch season 3?

How can you compare them , since season 3 animation is straight out from dumpster fire, on top of them ruining the plot entirely. (It was suppose to be a big moment for Origami, but they made it so comically bad all the emotional tension is lost. )

One of the worst adaptation to date, and also probably one of the worst JC Staff production. (And that's not saying much cuz JC quality has been bad for awhile)
Sep 3, 2020 12:20 AM

Sep 2019
Maou_heika said:
Oregairu season 3, I loved the first season but S3 is just boring, I couldn't be bothered to stop the video after every sentence just to read the subtitles above everything I don't like Hachiman now that he's going through so much trouble and using roundabout methods for Yukino's prom to succeed.

There is so much content removed from the original novels (especially monologues),unless you read the novels you won't understand what drove the character to act in a certain way, in the end the author explains every important scene on his Twitter account due to the amount of content the anime have omited
Sep 3, 2020 2:20 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Negima!?
(Not Negima! but ?!)
Negima! was great then out came Negima?!. Negima! had sex with Pani Poni Dash and spawned a baby with down syndrome called Negima?!
Sep 3, 2020 2:33 AM

Apr 2016
From animation quality wise I’d say One Punch Man 2. However, in general I’d say it was D.Gray-man: Hallow, it was so bad compared to the prequel.
Sep 5, 2020 4:11 PM
Apr 2014
Just finnished a week-long marathon of InyYasha, and the final act was very rushed at the point that I got slightly confused at first. That disappointed me.
Sep 5, 2020 8:13 PM

Feb 2016
@SummerADDE
Inuyasha, of course. I did come to like The Final Act by the end, but the pace made me wish I was rewatching the previous 167 episodes.
その目だれの目?
Sep 5, 2020 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
One punch man, bruh the animation was really good then it went to complete garbage
Sep 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Aug 2018
Stiens;Gate 0 is badly written fan fiction that got rid of everything I liked about Stiens;Gate
_______I like rocks__
Sep 6, 2020 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
Code Geass R2

The show went from somewhat smart all the way to downright "special" writing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2020 5:45 AM

Jan 2020
K-On 2nd season was boring for me , while I enjoy 1st season so much . Still giving it 7 though
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Sep 7, 2020 5:56 AM

Jun 2012
Kuroshitsuji II.
It's such a shame...
Sep 7, 2020 7:57 AM

Jun 2020
One Punch Man season 2 and Overlord II
Sep 7, 2020 10:29 AM

May 2018
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Kai … what a piece of dumb and boring garbage.

Psychology? - gone. Tension? - gone. Mystery? - meh. And changed for what? Perverted jokes? The change in directing and atmosphere was almost unbelievable. And the ending was so trivial, so anticlimactic and so impossibly primitive that I was glad that series was finally over. Worst sequel that I ever came across.
Sep 7, 2020 10:41 PM

Nov 2015
ELF WO KARU MONO TACHI has a boring sequel and a story that went anywhere :( the chara were likeable but the thing is their goal actually ended on the previous one!

💢

Sep 7, 2020 11:15 PM
Feb 2015
Both FLCL sequels. There really was no reason to make a sequel in the first place, I thought maybe they would try to show what happened with Naota and Haruko after the events of the first season. But they decided to move on to totally original storylines which would have actually made more sense except that it wasn't FLCL anymore, aside from the characters that reappear in these season there was nothing to call these FLCL, the comedy, the writing, the meaning of every episodes had nothing to live up to the original series.
Sep 7, 2020 11:17 PM

Nov 2018
Aldnoah zero-How amazing S1 was like opposite S2.Ending was way too much nonsense.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 10 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
35 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

92 by JaniSIr »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
36 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.