Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2020 6:27 AM
Jul 2016
Sakarii said:
todd2580 said:
Studio Gallop is helping toei with digimon so they actually hired animators but the time is limited for more than a 6 cour series and i know why toei don't want it to be delayed farther than that so they won't lose money from waiting i mean waiting so much can cost money and there was already a month delay.

and you have to accept that some episodes will have some dip in quality because of the pandemic's factors.

I don't know enough all that much about animation, but isn't a lot of it done by hand and computer? Why would the animators need to meet for that when they can use tech to talk to each other about the scenes? In terms of animation, the pandemic shouldn't be much of an issue. If anything, that should be the one that's good quality since they had an extra month to work.

no , it's not like what you think it made things harder , The pandemic made the process far harder. While the animators themselves can work from home, most of the other essential production staff cannot. If anything, the schedule may be worse from the effects.and it's the cause of most anime that doesn't have a decent schedule to be delayed

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-06-09/how-much-longer-is-it-taking-to-make-anime-under-covid-19-mantan-web-investigates/.160412
todd2580Sep 13, 2020 6:41 AM
Sep 14, 2020 12:51 AM

Jun 2010
Sakarii said:
Hanaki_Neko said:
I read some comments from somewhere said that due to the covid hiatus, the studio had to rush Birdramon's transformation sequence. That's why Piyomon is the only one who doesn't covere in color and change shape like the rest. I don't know if this is true or not but yeah, just a thought. Now that we know AlturKabuterimon is similar, I guess Zudomon will be the same as well.

Saving all the budget for the Megas is my only reason to keep watching. Tri had disappointed me with the evolution sequence so much that I didn't think anything could possibly disappoint me more. I guess I spoke too soon lol. I was disheartened when I knew that the reboot is not going to emphasize the evolution sequence anymore. I would accept the exclusion of the evolution sequence if the story is good but...............:/ IMO the digimon evolution marks the growth of character. It should be something memorable. It's ok to cut short once in a while, when the evolution for certain digimons is not the highlight, but at least the debut evolution should be exciting. IDK, that's just my thought. I can't believe the best evolution sequences I have seen for Adventure is from the 2013 PSP game. There were some copy-paste, similarities between Ultimate and Mega stages but at least there were efforts, and it was sth that actually feel meaningful.

As for Lilymon, I guess we'll have to see if the reboot ever going to give her anything new to do. They gave her a redraw evolution last episode and didn't show her up in the next ep to help out lol. If WereGarurumon appears but not Garudamon in Zudomon's debut episode, I think it's safe to say that even in the background supporting, the others 4+ don't get to reach Ultimate

I'm skeptical of that excuse, but I wonder if it'll will be fixed in the bluray/DVD releases. I'm hoping so along with other sequences (like the first WareGarurumon); I'll be able to give them a pass then. Most likely, yeah. We'll probably won't get anything new until Ultimates (hopefully).

I can see how the next arc is going to make or break this reboot for a lot of people. I plan on watching to the end, but if it can't improve, I'm gonna be highly disappointed. Gods, tri. As much as Adventure: evolutions are disappointing, it's still better than those slow CGI messes for me. xD Wait, was it stated they don't plan on emphasizing the evolution sequences? I don't tend to read interviews or anything, so I'm going into this blind. I'm reserving judgement but this would be the first digimon season where evolutions aren't based around major character development - I mean, how are they plan on doing those moments without them? Seems weird they'd go down this route.

Your thoughts on the right track, imo. Certain focuses almost make it seem like they're putting in more effort into characters that are higher in popularity rankings rather than giving them equal treatment. Wouldn't put it past Toei, tbh. Is the PSP game any good? I haven't played but I've been hearing it's one of better Adventure adaptations.

Now I can't wait to see if your prediction comes true, haha.

Sorry for the late reply.

I wish the other 4 get an evolution sequence as well. After Zudomon's debut, I don't know what to think or understand Toei's aim. At first, I thought the other 4 will have simple evolution for their Ultimate's debut, and only Taichi and Yamato (And maybe, their siblings in the future) will get the special treatments. I understand that it is "traditional" of Digimon to give somewhat special treatment to the goggles head and sometimes the rival to make them stand out. In 02, only Daisuke and Ken got Mega evolution and Mode Change. Takato got Gallantmon Mode Change. Takuya and Koji got the Hyper Spirit evolution (combining other spirits??? I don't remember what it calls), Masaru got his Agumon Burst from, whatever the hell Taiki and Kiriha got with Shoutmon, evolution but not digixros?...Sure, I get it, at the end of the day, selling toys is the most important thing so i don't blame them for putting focus on the 'main' digimon, however, it would be nice for the other kids to shine in their own episode as well. Maybe they don't have that much attention, but at least don't feel completely useless and at least memorable in their own way. That's why in Digimon, the evolution sequences are very special. It marked the growth of the characters and at the same time, give them their own mini arc to shine. Not to mention, in terms of profits, it's a way to advertise toys as well. With the current fast pace of the reboot, I don't know if someone watching the reboot actually feel connect to the digimon and want to buy the toy :/ At least, for me, watching the evolution sequence will give me the hype and motivation to collect figure lol. So I'm hoping they are saving the budget for the greatest evolution sequences in later arc.

I haven't read any interviews about that matter yet. I guess based on 13 episodes we have had. I thought they don't want to make evolution sequence to focus on something else .But Zudomon's sequence in the latest episode was something else. Covering him in data and colour and he would have the BEST sequence, able to compete with Agumon and Gabumon even. So now, i don't know if they randomly choose someone to animate beautiful sequence or something else. It felt weird haha. I haven't played the game yet but I have watched the evolution sequences in the game mutiple times haha. There were copy and paste but there were efforts, which I really appreciate
Sep 22, 2020 8:06 AM

May 2008
Hanaki_Neko said:
Sorry for the late reply.

I wish the other 4 get an evolution sequence as well. After Zudomon's debut, I don't know what to think or understand Toei's aim. At first, I thought the other 4 will have simple evolution for their Ultimate's debut, and only Taichi and Yamato (And maybe, their siblings in the future) will get the special treatments. I understand that it is "traditional" of Digimon to give somewhat special treatment to the goggles head and sometimes the rival to make them stand out. In 02, only Daisuke and Ken got Mega evolution and Mode Change. Takato got Gallantmon Mode Change. Takuya and Koji got the Hyper Spirit evolution (combining other spirits??? I don't remember what it calls), Masaru got his Agumon Burst from, whatever the hell Taiki and Kiriha got with Shoutmon, evolution but not digixros?...Sure, I get it, at the end of the day, selling toys is the most important thing so i don't blame them for putting focus on the 'main' digimon, however, it would be nice for the other kids to shine in their own episode as well. Maybe they don't have that much attention, but at least don't feel completely useless and at least memorable in their own way. That's why in Digimon, the evolution sequences are very special. It marked the growth of the characters and at the same time, give them their own mini arc to shine. Not to mention, in terms of profits, it's a way to advertise toys as well. With the current fast pace of the reboot, I don't know if someone watching the reboot actually feel connect to the digimon and want to buy the toy :/ At least, for me, watching the evolution sequence will give me the hype and motivation to collect figure lol. So I'm hoping they are saving the budget for the greatest evolution sequences in later arc.

I haven't read any interviews about that matter yet. I guess based on 13 episodes we have had. I thought they don't want to make evolution sequence to focus on something else .But Zudomon's sequence in the latest episode was something else. Covering him in data and colour and he would have the BEST sequence, able to compete with Agumon and Gabumon even. So now, i don't know if they randomly choose someone to animate beautiful sequence or something else. It felt weird haha. I haven't played the game yet but I have watched the evolution sequences in the game mutiple times haha. There were copy and paste but there were efforts, which I really appreciate

Frankly, I don't know either. I guess we can give kudos on them keeping us on our toes, but it's frustrating! Everything you said is correct and they keep going between evolutions being character development and evolutions being in sync with your digimon. 16 eps in and I think it's safe to say we know less about these humans than we did in the original. Maybe they're trying to make the digimon themselves more personable since that's what's gonna sell toys? I dunno. I can't even hope; I'm just here for the ride now. xD

I see; you're making some good guesses then! Yeah, Zudomon's was something else. I'm starting to think the pacing got thrown off; too many episodes are paced weird to keep the train of constant evolutions. If they didn't have ~2 minutes of pointless fluff in the beginning they could easily use that do a better job on the evos so all that must be to cut down on animating. It's a mess.

Edit:
todd2580 said:
no , it's not like what you think it made things harder , The pandemic made the process far harder. While the animators themselves can work from home, most of the other essential production staff cannot. If anything, the schedule may be worse from the effects.and it's the cause of most anime that doesn't have a decent schedule to be delayed

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-06-09/how-much-longer-is-it-taking-to-make-anime-under-covid-19-mantan-web-investigates/.160412

Thanks for the link. Totally get the issue of dubbing, but the rest sounds more like people just aren't used to teleworking and some haven't gone to digital (??). Interesting how this simple virus brought out how inefficient the industry can be (again, except dubbing).
SakariiSep 22, 2020 8:49 AM
Jan 18, 2021 1:52 AM

Jan 2021
The last episode with Mimi and Lilymon was actually good so I was kinda disappointed with this one especially since Sora's arc in the original was one of the best in the series. With how evolution works in this reboot, it looks like they're aiming for something else instead of the usual character development = evolution in the original. It's clear they're rushing the evolutions at this point.

And also Garudamon's evolution sequence was underwhelming but it was only a matter of time till the animation quality drop with the pandemic and all. Although, it's rather odd that Weregarurumon got a way better evolution scene than the highlight of the episode which is Garudamon which kinda makes the pandemic excuse moot and all. I don't wanna hold it against them because it's hard working in the middle of a virus outbreak but I just thought it was weird.

Anyways, I hate comparing the original and the reboot because it's obvious they're heading in different directions at this point. I'll reserve judgment for now and see where this goes.

Also Cannonbeemon and the Waspmons were cool af ngl. Very much mega Beedrill or Vespiquen lol
Feb 8, 2022 12:37 PM

Feb 2020
Ok episode. Now it was Garudamon's turn to show up.

Those Funbeemon were adorable. ^_^
Sep 2, 2023 12:21 PM
Jul 2012
cheap remark of the Orginal
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.