Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 28, 2020 3:22 AM
Dec 2018
You can read the full story here. The game will cease all its operations on 29/9 at 11:59 PDT. Those who was to get the taste of the game story, this might be the last chance. This puts the future of anime in the dark too, and we might not see the second season making it out of Japan. The second arc might not even be adapted at all. They tried to advertise the game via the anime, but seems it didn't work well, maybe due to the limited availability of the game...
salarxAug 28, 2020 3:28 AM
Aug 28, 2020 3:47 AM

Nov 2008
There is a thread on a games sub-forum as well:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1861433

I don't think closing of NA server will affect production of the anime in any way. Last i heard the game was still doing quite well in JP.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Aug 28, 2020 3:54 AM
Dec 2018
Genoard said:
There is a thread on a games sub-forum as well:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1861433

I don't think closing of NA server will affect production of the anime in any way. Last i heard the game was still doing quite well in JP.

I hate aniplex. They haven't seen land beyond NA. I'm sure it would have done well if it was available in more markets.
Aug 28, 2020 5:54 PM
Apr 2017
MagiReco jp is doing great, it's in the top 3 I think
Aug 28, 2020 5:59 PM
Apr 2017
Anyways I'm sad that I won't get to roll for my arc 2 girls, Chiharu, Aika, yo-yo girl Urara, and axe wielder Kasane Ao my favorite 😪
I have been avoiding other banners and saving up all my gems for them.
Aug 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Jul 2020
why would they do this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2020 9:10 AM

Mar 2018
Seriously? I stopped playing it quite a while ago because I have my hands full with just Azur Lane and Princess Connect but I thought the game was going strong. I know many players have committed so many hours (or maybe even money) to collect and cap girls. They must be very devastated right now and I can relate so much so it saddened me. 2020 strikes again, huh? When I imagine PriConne might also end service one day... Ugh, I don't even dare to think about it.

At least I don't think this'll affect the anime S2 production tho? The game's still popular in Japan afaik, not to mention anime gacha games are scarily a lot more played in Japan than in the west...

Heartfelt F to all players who poured time and money for their waifus...

Oct 14, 2020 8:26 AM
Oct 2018
To the NA magia record players, RIP
It's ok, it's only money...and waifus...
This is a tragedy. Why Aniplex. Why.
Oct 18, 2020 8:56 PM
Oct 2015
its really sad because the magia record anime sucked compared to the game, they changed so many things like so many character personalities abilities and even the order of plot got changed and some got cut out entirely.

i was counting on more people to check out the game since the side stories and "another story" (side story about the original quartet) are not getting adapted and gives so much more on the original OG quartet magical girls and each of the newer magical girls more backstory
Oct 24, 2020 12:04 AM

Feb 2019
rip
I guess the anime didn't pull enough players in NA to turn a profit.

the anime will surely still have a US release as long as they proceed with it in Japan. madoka magica franchise is one of the most famous anime of all time, so regardless of it flopping or not it, the anime still has brand power.
Jan 16, 2021 5:50 AM
May 2018
This is why games as services is a plague. This story is just one among many others. The players lose their money AND the product, and in the end, they paid for something that goes unfinished. I didn't play this game, but it's frustrating to hear that regardless.

If you want this kind of story to stop: STOP. SUPPORTING. SERVICES. Seriously, we're just getting screwed over again and again and again. Games, animes, movies, series, those are PRODUCTS, consumers shouldn't have to invest undetermined money without knowing if it will be finished.

Sorry for the rant, but this situation is really sickening. Customers aren't investors, each payment shouldn't be a bet on whether it will go through the end or not.
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jan 16, 2021 5:56 AM

Dec 2018
Don’t think it’ll affect the anime much as the game was never that popular outside of Japan, hell I had to create an NA Apple ID to play it when it came out because they never made it for even English countries outside the U.S.

I never personally enjoyed the game so I don’t think I’ll return to it in its final moments but my condolences to those who did.
Mar 7, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2008
salarx said:
This puts the future of anime in the dark too, and we might not see the second season making it out of Japan

AHAHAHAHAHA! You think the NA version has any bearing on that? The only one that matters is the Japanese version, and that one is doing GREAT.
Mar 7, 2021 5:12 PM
Apr 2017
DmonHiro said:
salarx said:
This puts the future of anime in the dark too, and we might not see the second season making it out of Japan

AHAHAHAHAHA! You think the NA version has any bearing on that? The only one that matters is the Japanese version, and that one is doing GREAT.

So glad I moved to JP, I can save my gems for Urara or Himena.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

237 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:00 AM

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

257 by Fafette »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:19 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.