Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2020 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Uiharu has come so far this arc. Now she's doing everything in her power to help her friends at any cost.

I'm quite impressed actually.
Aug 27, 2020 6:53 AM

Jan 2019
She turned into Neo and can control the Matrix.

Everyone talking about asspull, but really it's just the combination of her super hacker skill (at its peak performance considering the situation) and her manipulation of the AIM jammers. I don't think it's literally out of nowhere, but perhaps we'll get more information next chapter.

What was disappointing though was how short the chapter was!
Aug 27, 2020 7:32 AM
Mar 2015
Uiharu is an amazing girl
Aug 27, 2020 8:01 AM

Jan 2019
-Zeal said:
misaka-9982 said:
She turned into Neo and can control the Matrix.

Everyone talking about asspull, but really it's just the combination of her super hacker skill (at its peak performance considering the situation) and her manipulation of the AIM jammers. I don't think it's literally out of nowhere, but perhaps we'll get more information next chapter.

What was disappointing though was how short the chapter was!

That part makes sense, but based on what we know thus far to actually gain a power that is not Thermal Hand related, Uiharu would have to literally gain a new Personal Reality filter and swap out her old one which is far different from just entering new values in your Personal Reality to alter or control a new area of your existing power.
Maybe there's more to her than just Thermal Hand, we don't know. Maybe she's level 6. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 27, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2006
Maybe her personal reality is so weak that it's easily manipulated, but even if she did change her AIM to manifest another skill, to be able to dispel something of that level is certainly not a simple Lvl 1 skill.

TLDR; it's BS.
Aug 28, 2020 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
I can't say it's completely out of nowhere when Kamachi foreshadowed it nearly a decade ago in Index SS2 lol.

"Uiharu frowned and used her eyes to follow the pattern with which the data was moving.
That little bit of interaction with the data brought the “flower” that the system was to her mind.
Currently, she was looking at the end of a root. She imagined the stalk and the leaves from there and then the flow of water and nutrients. It all created a large image of the whole flower in her head. This way of calculating within a kind of organization by imaging it from various angles was what Uiharu did when she hacked.
If Uiharu Kazari actually had a special ability, she might have been able to construct a tremendous Personal Reality and display enormous power."
Aug 28, 2020 8:49 AM

Jun 2012
Hhmmn, interesting. It's like her superhacking skills evolved to having "bruteforce hacking software" with all those binaries conversation. Would be nice to see more explanation about her ability.
Sep 26, 2020 9:34 AM
Mar 2020
Google wants you uiharu report. Infinite dollars ლ(^o^ლ) / day
Sep 27, 2020 5:58 AM

Oct 2017
Uiharu was ingenious thou I hope we got more explanation on what she just did. I didn't fully grasp what just happened.
May 22, 2021 4:51 AM

Jan 2017
So.. what happened to Uiharu's previous ability then. An esper cant have two powers, cant they?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 153 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 2

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 2:10 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 152 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 2

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 2, 2:01 AM

» from what chapter should i read after watching the anime adaptation ?

YizelTro - Apr 10, 2016

3 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 151 Discussion

Lordponczek - Jan 29

3 by LastLuminescence »»
Feb 14, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Gaiden: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Chapter 150 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

2 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 31, 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.