Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 26, 2020 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Jaereku said:
Sokah said:
Crying about having a super power and whining about not being able to tell people. The fact that this guy is such an unlikeable whiny idiot sometimes makes this show really hard to watch.

WHAAA! I can time travel!
WHAAA! I can't tell anyone!
WHAAA!

Wait, 32 episodes in and people still haven't realized this is a character drama with actual human beings rather than badass & fun caricatures?

AbsurdTurk said:
FUCK, this episode was insane.

People say Subaru went insane in episode 15 (I think it was 15) in season 1, but the anime pointed out how he was faking insanity.

Actually no, you're not supposed to take Petelgeuse's (or anyone's in this series, really) words at face value. Petelgeuse believed he was faking it because Subaru's "insanity" (or rather complete mental breakdown) doesn't correspond with his idea of it; he was mocking it. It's explicited in the novels.

In episode 15, if Subaru had actually went insane, then how did he snap back to reality so fast?
Aug 26, 2020 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
First things first... That scene with the rabbits was brutal AF. I think that was by far the worst way Subaru has died up to now. That was just horrible and what only can described as insanely painful!

Man, that second meeting with Echidna was amazing. I love that little chemistry they have, eventho Subaru doesn't know her that long. But it appears she has been watching all this time.

Oh my god, I didn't expect him to be able to finish that sentence... FINALLY, he's been able to tell someone without any concequences. The breakdown that followed was to be expected but so amazingly done. That headpat and comforting from Echidna!! Best episode of this season so far!
Aug 26, 2020 12:46 PM
Sep 2018
Rob7 said:
Wow, 250 first votes and 93% of 5.00. At this time it is the best ranked episode of an anime of all this season.

Wtf, i cant watch it right now (i'm posting without to read the comments)

You mean the best ranked ep this season or of the year ?
Aug 26, 2020 12:47 PM
Aug 2019
Does anyone know the name of the song at the end of the episode?
It was so beautiful... almost cried
Aug 26, 2020 12:47 PM

Oct 2019
holy shit is Echidna the ultimate waifu or what? what a great episode, the last scene got me in the feels
Aug 26, 2020 12:53 PM
Dec 2013
neonie said:
Can someone explain the rabbits to me? I feel like Subaru should have died way sooner, and while horribly gruesome I don't understand why that death in-particular seems to have completely destroyed his mental state. Was there something not explained about them that was keeping him alive while they ate him?

I don't know man, do you know someone who was BEING EATING ALIVE BY LITTLE BUNNIES that still lives and it's sane enough to share it's experience with?

I'm pretty sure the brain keeps functioning for a while after being torn apart.
Aug 26, 2020 12:54 PM

May 2016
Every season someone one ups Emilia smh

Echidna best girl lesgo
Aug 26, 2020 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Ram's savage lines are gold as usual.
Had a feel the Rabbit was a Maebeast, and he wasn't alone either... no matter the form, these maebeasts are quite deadly, that death managed to leave another scar on Barusu's soul.
Wondered how much Echidna knows, had a feeling she knows about Barusu's returning from death and back in time but it turns out she even knows about every retry detail. After all these failed retries and resulting deaths Barusu could finally tell someone about it, expected no other reaction once he could finally successfully tell his story
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 26, 2020 12:56 PM
May 2019
To be honest they had me in the first half. It was a bit boring, I thought Garfiel would go rouge which he did and kill Subaru eventually resetting the last three days, which was predictable as shit.
But the turn of events towards the end was really unexpected.
It was really good to see Echidina again and with her kawaii moment with Subaru.

My reaction is below

kiyoshi_87Aug 28, 2020 7:11 AM
Aug 26, 2020 12:57 PM

Oct 2018
Well I never thought I'd see a character get mauled by bunnies is an anime but there is first time for everything.
Aug 26, 2020 12:57 PM

May 2018
Oh Subaru having trust issues with Beatrice???? WTF, is it not enough that she save him numerus occasion , now just because she has that "gospel" book thing don't make her Subaru's enemy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So, all that "Returning by Death" thing is making Subaru go boo hu hu mental.... Good thing that Echidna is there to comfort him.....TBFH , I'd wish he just go back to the real world and just be a loser for the rest of his life.
Aug 26, 2020 1:02 PM
Jun 2016
AbsurdTurk said:

In episode 15, if Subaru had actually went insane, then how did he snap back to reality so fast?

Anger. Anger will do that to you. Anger and Insanity I believe aren’t that far apart in terms of intensity and negativity. After seeing someone he cares about murdered, all he saw was red. He was still crazy, but it was a brash kind of crazy, he wasn’t thinking logically, he was thinking through an angry filter. It only really stopped at Episode 18 with Rem. That’s where his insanity and brash behavior was dispelled.
Aug 26, 2020 1:04 PM
Dec 2013
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh Subaru having trust issues with Beatrice???? WTF, is it not enough that she save him numerus occasion , now just because she has that "gospel" book thing don't make her Subaru's enemy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So, all that "Returning by Death" thing is making Subaru go boo hu hu mental.... Good thing that Echidna is there to comfort him.....TBFH , I'd wish he just go back to the real world and just be a loser for the rest of his life.

-the same gospel that some crazy cultist madman, who make him experience literal HELL, also had. YEA, let's trust her completely!

-OH, I suppose you also got eaten alive by rabbits to be able to make light of that scene

this people, seriously.
Aug 26, 2020 1:05 PM
Jan 2020
A great episode
And an illustration from shinichirou otsuka (new)
The cute rabbits #33
Its not spoil
https://twitter.com/otsuka_shin/status/1298611754344177664?

DarkmathAug 29, 2020 7:25 AM
Aug 26, 2020 1:10 PM
Apr 2017
Can someone tell me who saved subaru from Garfiel?
Aug 26, 2020 1:18 PM

Oct 2015
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Sorry you really want some one want to be fucking loser for the rest of his life ?? Ok we have a cruel world it seems.
Aug 26, 2020 1:20 PM

Jun 2020
anime-prime said:
At this point it feels like this arc is being unnaturally stretched out to reach a 13 episode count. There was a lot of unnecessary padding in these past few episodes.

That being said, it was still enjoyable and we got a few more pieces of the puzzle, although the rabbit scene was a little too ridiculous, even for anime standards.

Stretched out? This season is 25-26 episodes. this is just a first cour which covers half of arc 4.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Aug 26, 2020 1:26 PM

Jul 2020
It seems there isn't much progression in rescuing Rem. If Subaru won't defeat Elsa in the next episode I will get the feeling there comes a plot with many rivals of the witches cult remaining. The lack of progression and character development of Subaru is for me becoming annoying. The good thing is that supporting characters such as Garfield, Otto and Beatrice are getting the right amount of attention.

I am always looking forward to the next episode, but somehow am not pleased every time a sudden event happens which makes the story even harder to understand. (take the rabbits as example)

I hope to see Subaru getting a special kind of power besides return by death since he does own dark power.

Apr 2020
For the past few weeks I kept hearing the novel readers talking about some insanely good rabbit scene. I kind of feel desappointed tbh. Or maybe they will come back later

Despite that, 10/10 ending

Mar 2017
Minna-san.... WHAT JUST FVCKING DID I WATCH.... This ep hath chastened me so much >.> (10/10)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Mar 2019
This episode was nearly a masterpiece to me, just look at him. Poor Subaru...
Otto, Echidna and the villager are the BIG MVP !

I think Roswall know about Subaru secret, when he talked to Subaru about his "other versions of him"...

This last scene with Echidna was so wholesome and sad I was about to cry.

Really great episode : 5/5
This season is just getting better and better :)
Aug 26, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2019
AbdFmL said:
Rob7 said:
Wow, 250 first votes and 93% of 5.00. At this time it is the best ranked episode of an anime of all this season.

Wtf, i cant watch it right now (i'm posting without to read the comments)

You mean the best ranked ep this season or of the year ?

Maybe the highest score for an episode of 2020, but i cant say that without to check every well ranked series of this year. For example, as many users crazy loved Kaguya-san second season, i'm not sure if some episode there was better rated.

Btw, it is insane, now we have 600 votes (the normal at the end of day are 800) and it is still over 93% 5.00.

And more insane yet i am for come here without had the time to watch it yet. So anxious right now.
Aug 26, 2020 1:44 PM

May 2018
Prog_upworks13 said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Sorry you really want some one want to be fucking loser for the rest of his life ?? Ok we have a cruel world it seems.
That so called cruel world is for someone whose thinks the world is that way......
Aug 26, 2020 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
The end of this episode was incredibly satisfying. This season just keeps on giving.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Aug 26, 2020 1:48 PM
Apr 2020
ONE OF RE:ZERO'S BEST EPISODE!HANDS DOWN!
that rabbit scene was done soooooo well it's crazy!!! it'll scar me for life!
and garf's tiger form was fantastic, Otto's death had an impact on me even tho I've read the novels!
and finally that subaru x Echidna scene....that was pure MAGIC!
the ost....oh the ost....10/10
whole episode was 11/10
White Fox producing another masterpiece episode!
the Re:zero team is just amazing!
Aug 26, 2020 1:48 PM
Dec 2013
we hit 8.50 guys. Let's celebrate

Aug 26, 2020 1:50 PM
Jul 2016
By FAR the best episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Sep 2017
MegamiRem said:
YESSS YESS YESS freaking finally someone who Subaru can tell what he's been going through all this time. Finally someone who can appreaciate what Subaru's been doing for everyone. I almost cried after watching Subaru crying after he told Echidna he can come back by death. Echidna and Subaru's conversation was too damn touching.

Echidna officially second best girl after Rem in Re:Zero and one my fav characters.

Damn Ram was extra savage this time, that HALF A MAN comment was extreme XD.

Holy shit wtf were those rabbits, that was too freaky.

Magnificent episode, 100/10.

Wait, you were able to hold your tears...?

While I was watching the eps, somehow I thought of putting myself in Subaru's shoes and imagining of being killed over and over -- going through countless experiences of pain and death. Being able to tell someone of all of that means everything. Tears just began to drop like a frickin' waterfall. Additional 10 points on the 100/10 score for that smile of Echidna :")

I gotta say though, hands down, completely agree on Echidna being second best girl after Rem the legendary best waifu UwU
Aug 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2018
That rabbit scene reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail lol.
Aug 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Jun 2020
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, what an episode for the week! More questions thrown out there than answers but just the journey of the episode was incredible.

Finally some more light into Beatrice to start the episode off with. Roswaal spilling the beans regarding the two true copies and the defectives of the Gospel was highly intriguing, I wonder what's the full picture of this.

Roswaal is definitely not a conventional ally (if at all an ally in the first place, that is), that's what I got from the final whims of their conversation.

Ram's usual banter and curse fest even during the crunch moments this episode and her trying to take advantage of Garfiel's feelings just sums her up extremely well, xD. We need doses of that every week!

And then on to the despair side of things. Garfiel's tiger transformation certainly looked a hell lot more humongous than Frederica's, is that effects from the greater dose of monster blood in his veins? Yikes, didn't think he'd heartlessly kill of those villagers though.

Followed by the whole rabbit devouring scene. God, what was that? I could tell things were off but little did I expect that was incoming. Again, the crystals pulling off unexpected moves.

And lastly, needed that Echidna dish to finish it off with. Blushing Echidna is a Godsend, maji seriously! On a more serious note though, Subaru just venting it all out, all those matters he'd to bottle up for ages and whatnot, was just truly heartrending. Echidna's smile in the end there, I suppose you could say, just goes to show that. Why only watch though, I wonder.

We're over halfway into the season now and the answers en masse have yet to come but boy am I ready for that! And as always, absolutely looking forward to more!

We are not in the half of the season. season will have 25 episodes
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Aug 26, 2020 2:05 PM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
anime-prime said:
At this point it feels like this arc is being unnaturally stretched out to reach a 13 episode count. There was a lot of unnecessary padding in these past few episodes.

That being said, it was still enjoyable and we got a few more pieces of the puzzle, although the rabbit scene was a little too ridiculous, even for anime standards.
I don't think it is unnecessary... also fyi this arc will continue in the second part too so this arc will take like 25 episodes.....
EMT

Aug 26, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2018
Is this the best ep of Re: Zero or what. Definitely the best of this season and arguably the best overall, incredible episode. That ending was powerful af, Subaru is such a fantastic mc.
Aug 26, 2020 2:14 PM
Dec 2019
Really interested in learning more about Beatrice and Roswaal. Garfiel went crazy in today’s episode and the scene was pretty good. I loved every moment of this episode and the rabbit scene was really crazy.
The last few moments of the episode really got me. There were tears and everything with the way subaru was talking and the way echidna was comforting him.
I personally find this quite packed with entertainment even though they are still at the sanctuary with the same checkpoint after the first trial.
Aug 26, 2020 2:15 PM

Mar 2018
AbsurdTurk said:
Jaereku said:

Wait, 32 episodes in and people still haven't realized this is a character drama with actual human beings rather than badass & fun caricatures?

Actually no, you're not supposed to take Petelgeuse's (or anyone's in this series, really) words at face value. Petelgeuse believed he was faking it because Subaru's "insanity" (or rather complete mental breakdown) doesn't correspond with his idea of it; he was mocking it. It's explicited in the novels.

Because he simply didn't. He had a complete emotional shutdown as a defense mechanism (not consciously pretending) after Episode 14 which lasted an entire loop, and it took some MAJOR shocking events happening in front of his eyes to urge him into action. And when he does, the anime makes it plenty obvious he's not mentally all there in episode 16.
Aug 26, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2018
Subaru finally being able to say those words "I Return by Death" was gut-wrenching. All that burden he carried throughout the series, not being able to tell anyone. It was one of the best moments of this anime.

That is why I felt deep sympathy for Subaru in that scene.
Aug 26, 2020 2:26 PM

Jun 2020
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

You did not listened to her last episode right? She told him that everything she did was because the gospel told her. Why wouldn't he suspect her or at least have doubts
Aug 26, 2020 2:27 PM

Jun 2019
yanshenpan said:
It seems there isn't much progression in rescuing Rem. If Subaru won't defeat Elsa in the next episode I will get the feeling there comes a plot with many rivals of the witches cult remaining. The lack of progression and character development of Subaru is for me becoming annoying. The good thing is that supporting characters such as Garfield, Otto and Beatrice are getting the right amount of attention.

I am always looking forward to the next episode, but somehow am not pleased every time a sudden event happens which makes the story even harder to understand. (take the rabbits as example)

I hope to see Subaru getting a special kind of power besides return by death since he does own dark power.

They don't even know how to rescue Rem at this point. Until they meet Lye, they can't do anything. And at the moment they have bigger problems than Rem's coma state.
Aug 26, 2020 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Let me start by saying that the rabbit scene was terrifying. That was the most brutal way Subaru has died. :o

Echidna is quickly becoming best girl. Subaru was finally able to tell someone his pain and the "returning from death. That was a powerful scene with him breaking up and Echidna comforting him.

And lastly, can we get a shout out to Patrasche. Always saving Subaru. 100/10 episode!

Aug 26, 2020 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Still dunno what the hell is going on with those pendants.

Anyway, the ending catharis was the example of why I loved the first series in the first place - well done. Echidna was super cute and whole RbD thing finally came full circle.
Would be funny if we learn the Emilia is literally the only one who he can't say it to.

Meanwhile, Roswaal confirmed he's helping them all... to the grave. He knows too much. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end he's mastermind behind all of this (saying such thing was needed to let them grow and succeed). Almost sure he knows about RbD too as his ties with Echidna are very likely.

I also like how cute rabbits gave him trauma that he wouldn't be able to overcome alone. Being eaten alive has to be the worst kind of death.
Aug 26, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2019
one of the best anime episodes of this decade
simple 10/10
"the greatest anime fight"

Aug 26, 2020 2:44 PM

Dec 2019
Oh my God, this episode was truly amazing. Everything about it was perfectly directed, that last scene was the best part of it, almost cried there.
Aug 26, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2018
this episode was bunnies/10
would drink Echidna's fluids again!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Aug 26, 2020 2:47 PM
Mar 2020
Wow I think this is the best episode of the second season so far, the score is very high.
Aug 26, 2020 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
"Rabbit" swarm - brutal death was kind of random lol
I'm starting to fall in love with Echidna!

Also, this episode was probably the heaviest for me this season (Subaru's parents included). I physically felt the huge boulder falling off Subaru's heart as he realizes he can FINALLY talk about all the shit that happened to him - without dire consequence!

Amazing episode yet again!
Aug 26, 2020 2:51 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, Garf was brutal. Where did that pendant come from, though?

Snow everywhere... i thought they told Emilia that Subaru died, and then she froze everything...

Echidna shoots to the top of waifu charts...
Aug 26, 2020 2:54 PM
Apr 2020
finaly subaru bursts out what he was holding all this time
the rabbit scene was outstanding and they work from home well done white fox
Aug 26, 2020 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Truly THE anime of the season. Re:zero delivers once again with a superb episode. After dozens of deaths Subaru can finally share his secret with someone! Seeing him break down and say it over and over again deserves an applause.

Echidna said "...I know, I know every step you've taken on your path here. I was watching. But watching is all I was doing..."

This truly left me puzzled. I can't wait for next week's episode. I am this close from ordering every translated light novel I can.
Kal'tsit: Is that... really worth it? Amiya...

Amiya: Even if no one understands me... I'll keep going on the path I choose.
Maybe it will incinerate me to dust... But if I don't do it, no one can.

Arknights ▵ Crylix#0810
Aug 26, 2020 3:05 PM
Aug 2019
How is there anyone talking about the fact that roswald said "this version of you" in front of subaru like he knew about his power? am i the only one whos is shocked by these four words?

We begin to see clearer about why and how subaru came in this world
Aug 26, 2020 3:06 PM
Apr 2017
RainyShadow said:
Wow, Garf was brutal. Where did that pendant come from, though?

Snow everywhere... i thought they told Emilia that Subaru died, and then she froze everything...

Echidna shoots to the top of waifu charts...

It's Frederica's necklace, the one that teleported him the first time.
Aug 26, 2020 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Jaereku said:

Because he simply didn't. He had a complete emotional shutdown as a defense mechanism (not consciously pretending) after Episode 14 which lasted an entire loop, and it took some MAJOR shocking events happening in front of his eyes to urge him into action. And when he does, the anime makes it plenty obvious he's not mentally all there in episode 16.

How was he, "not there" in episode 16?

@fullofregrets09

That's...now exactly how insanity works though. Firstly, there are different forms of insanity. In Subaru's case, it appeared like he went insane in the sense that he wasn't able to be aware of what was happening around him. But he was, as the anime points out. Evidenced by him becoming furious when Betelgeuse started torturing Rem.

rsc-pl said:
So, people will be still saying that this season is worse than 1st one?

I mean, I think it's because it's not as fast paced and dramatic as season 1: it's just one big arc.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.