Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2020 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Surprised that there is still no topic for the end of this manga.

Got mixed feelings about this continuation.

While art remained great and detailed in a lot of scenes - those panels were much more rare compared to the first work.

While the story felt more engaging - it was mostly due to the fact that all core historical events of that time were packed into it compared to Innocent, which was mostly about main cast character development leading into this continuation.

The modern time and unsuitable 'delusional'(keyword being unsuitable for the period of time the manga took part in,even despite the fact they usually did it for some form of allusion.. the few delusions that didn't end up that silly were masterfully done though) cuts in between the chapter were IMO a mistake and did not really add depth instead breaking the atmosphere the manga tried to create.

But just like with the Innocent - I find it impossible to rate this lower than a 9 for this certainly is one manga that is of high quality, even if you personally do not like one thing or another.
The amount of depth, the historical events it depicts in a relatively accurate fashion(let's be honest - not like all details are known with complete certainty anyway) and the breathtakingly detailed art style simply can't leave one disappointed.
Oct 9, 2020 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
I miss this manga already. Brb, omw to my time machine.
Nov 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Mar 2019
A cruel story, just as the world has always been and will be, even though it has some details that I didn't like, like those modern interpretations (he could have done something in keeping with the time), the quality of the work is undeniable, I I liked this sequel more than the previous work, which is already great! Thank you Sakamoto-sensei for conceiving this great story!

9/10
Feb 6, 2:39 PM

Jan 2020
I actually kinda enjoyed this sequel tbh. I still think the first 35 chapters of the prequel were peak, but this sequel was quite good aswell.
There were really high highs for this. I loved the King Louis XVI execution arc and the september massacres. Seeing queen marie antoinette in such a shitty spot later in the manga was also quite cool aswell. She started from the top and now shes in the bottom. There was a chapter that really got me hooked, and those were the high school chapters. Seeing the royal ladies in cute school uniforms being hunted down by grimy, realistically drawn peasants, was very horrifying. However, this series had low lows aswell. The pacing was kinda all over the place. For example, why did Shinichi show Louis XVI getting executed BEFORE the flight to Varennes? Was there some story purpose to it? Or was shinichi just adding in historical events just because?

The finale was pretty...eh? I only hoped for Robespierre's conclusion to have been a bit longer, but seeing how disjointed the pacing is for this manga, I didnt really pay any attention to how rushed the ending was. Guess I got used to it. Despite that, Seeing Charles Sanson so old and frail was bittersweet to say the least. Its kinda sad seeing him so weak, but at the same time, he managed to live for so long during a period of turmoil.

Overall, it was a good read. Some of the characters like Robespierre and Saint Just were cartoonishly evil. Im not sure if they were actually this misogynistic IRL, but god...it was just too overdone in the manga. To be fair, the entire manga was pretty over the top anyway. But yea. Revolutions are messy...

astoneonFeb 6, 2:43 PM
man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Innocent Rouge Chapter 4 Discussion

ColtBuntline - Sep 17, 2017

4 by hand_villain_XII »»
Feb 10, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Innocent Rouge Chapter 27 Discussion

JL218 - Mar 5, 2017

2 by astoneon »»
Feb 2, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Innocent Rouge Chapter 24 Discussion

_kukiyomenai - Aug 20, 2020

2 by astoneon »»
Feb 2, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Innocent Rouge Chapter 79 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Apr 14, 2020

1 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 5, 2023 7:34 PM

Poll: » Innocent Rouge Chapter 48 Discussion

Dina124 - May 4, 2022

1 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 5, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.