Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 25, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2020
what you guys think will mappa studios be able to conclude the series in a great way or ruin it?
idk but in the trailer everything seemed different!

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
Koito91Aug 25, 2020 1:33 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 25, 2020 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
I know this kind of post, it's you again :))
my only answer is: yes
Aug 25, 2020 11:20 AM
Nov 2019
i personally think that mappa will do a good job.

Mod Edit: Removed limit
Koito91Aug 25, 2020 1:31 PM

Aug 25, 2020 11:23 AM

Mar 2020
Catalano said:
I know this kind of post, it's you again :))
my only answer is: yes

lmao sorry for asking such a question i am just curious!
Aug 25, 2020 11:23 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
MAPPA usually does a good job, but I'm not sure about those new titan designs..>:I>
Aug 25, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2020
Eh, not so sure. Can they outperfom Wit? I don't think so, but I might be wrong. What I'm afraid of is that MAPPA is working on too many anime this year, JJK, that one anime about gymnasium or some shit, and then there is AoT. I'm actually really worried about AoT.
็งใฏ็ฆๆญขใ•ใ‚Œใฆใ„ใพใ™ใ€ใ“ใ‚Œใฏๅฝใฎใ‚ขใ‚ซใ‚ฆใƒณใƒˆใงใ™
Aug 25, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2020
Hentry said:
Eh, not so sure. Can they outperfom Wit? I don't think so, but I might be wrong. What I'm afraid of is that MAPPA is working on too many anime this year, JJK, that one anime about gymnasium or some shit, and then there is AoT. I'm actually really worried about AoT.

same i am worried too they can take there time lets hope for the best
Aug 25, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2020
Lets just wait and see.

Mod Edit: Removed limit
Koito91Aug 25, 2020 1:31 PM

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Aug 25, 2020 11:34 AM

Aug 2018
I am conflicted. Although I like Mappa as a studio and I like their stuff as well.
But then we had OPM season 2 as well (it's not from Mappa).
We'll just have to see, I really hope Mappa will pull this off.

Why do you hate cats?

โ™ซ
Aug 25, 2020 11:34 AM

Mar 2015
I mean they have some big shoes to fill, but I've enjoyed a lot of MAPPA's works so I'm being optimistic for now.
Aug 25, 2020 11:44 AM
Aug 2016
It will be downgraded in the Directing/Storyboard departments for sure, S2 and 3 already suffered from Araki's lesser involvement compared to S1, and Madbox is no more so the atmosphere will be different too, and I doubt Imai would play anywhere near the important role he played as an action animator in previous seasons since he doesn't have strong connections with Mappa as he does with Wit.
Aug 25, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
New director = no more Mikasa spamming the Ereh button
That's by far the best upgrade we can ever have

Though I also hope the background art will be at least as good as WIT's, the trailer dissapointed me in that aspect, at least in the second half, it was obvious only the first half was fully animated
Aug 25, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2020
i just hope that it won't be a downgrade i don't ask for an upgrade with the big number of anime MAPPA is working on i am a bit worried .
Aug 25, 2020 12:06 PM

Jan 2009
err ye just wait for the actual PV with actual TV footage and not base your opinion on a pre-animated PV
Aug 25, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
Animes I watched by MAPPA always had amazing animation. Of course comparisons with Wit when the first episode comes will be inevitable, and we can expect lots of "man this show is ruined" and stuff like this.

I'm more worried about the manga, if you ask me. I can't accept any conclusion different from
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 25, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2020
Wit did an amazing job with AOT, so let's hope it'll be just as good or better....
Aug 25, 2020 12:41 PM
May 2020
I am worried about the final season cause first of all the production has changed and MAPPA is working on lots of animes other than AOT. Secondly AOT is by far the 2nd most popular anime of all times and it has such high ratings in all the previous seasons.
So fingers crossed, I hope they will do a good job!!!
Aug 25, 2020 12:45 PM
Apr 2019
MAPPA will be a huge upgrade everything i've watched made by them has been visually and just all round stunning. Plus the trailer already shows that they haven't messed about with the animation. Also the 3D animation was kinda weird in the past seasons and i think MAPPA is doing it all 2d which makes it look a lot nicer. And hey if they use 3D then just look at shows like Inuyashiki which have really good 3D also made by MAPPA.
Aug 25, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2020
Attack on titan season 4 coming in October or not? Ah have been waiting since a year hope it comes this fall
Aug 25, 2020 12:53 PM

Jun 2016
I haven't seen a lot of mappa and what I've seen has either been very good or garbage so I don't really know what to expect from them. Some of the new people working on it are good though.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 25, 2020 1:08 PM
Apr 2019
Boulderfist_ogre said:
MrBroc987 said:
look at shows like Inuyashiki which have really good 3D also made by MAPPA.

You also have Dorohedoro from earlier this year, which looked sooo good

YEAH i completley forgot about Dorohedoro MAPPA knows their way around 3D
Aug 25, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2018
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.

โ˜†  PlayStation: KoitoTV
โ˜†  Discord: Koito
โ˜†  Twitch Koito
โ˜†  @Koito91
Aug 25, 2020 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Let's see...

Directing : Not sure.
Apparently, from what a lot of people are saying, Yuuichirou Hayashi is a very talented director, but he has yet to tackle a series as popular and as big as AoT. So we don't know how he'll handle this season.
But I do have to say that Araki's directing style really matched the feel of AoT. He brings the right amount of drama and intensity. I'm not huge on Koizuka's directing style for S2 and S3, though. I dunno, something is just lacking with him as the director. There are definitely rooms for improvement.

Art style : Downgrade.
MAPPA can make great looking anime, but WIT's art is just better and more detailed.

Animation : Upgrade.
This one is tricky. I do think that the animation will be better OVERALL. But I'm not sure that we're gonna be getting the level of polish that Imai and Ebisu brought with their sakugas.

OST : The same.
Sawano is still there. And Yamamoto have been working with him for a while. So no worries here.

Boulderfist_ogre said:
MrBroc987 said:
look at shows like Inuyashiki which have really good 3D also made by MAPPA.

You also have Dorohedoro from earlier this year, which looked sooo good

I haven't watch either of those shows, might check them out at some point. But from the clips that I did see, their CGs actually ain't bad. It's at least better than WIT's CG imo.
Aug 25, 2020 1:51 PM
May 2017
I would think it will be an upgrade if they didn't release that trailer it was disappointing for me atleast
Aug 25, 2020 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
I'm gonna say a noticeable downgrade since I consider Mappa to be a below average studio. I honestly don't think the staff are good enough to hold up to previous seasons. Hiroyuki Sawano will do his thing as always, but the visual side of things will inevitably be shaky.
Aug 25, 2020 3:40 PM
Nov 2019
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
MAPPA usually does a good job, but I'm not sure about those new titan designs..>:I>
what do you mean? I saw no difference in titan design
Aug 25, 2020 3:45 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
JJ_jose said:
Klefki_of_Awsome said:

The key visual I mean, unless it's just me who's behind on the anime and manga and doesn't know better..>.>;
Aug 25, 2020 3:45 PM
Nov 2019
I think animation wise it'll be an improvement. Art wise, not too sure. Art director is superb, but director of photography is questionable. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind a little art downgrade if it means we get much better animation. Besides, the new season tonally will feel very different story wise, so the new art may be complimentary
Aug 25, 2020 3:47 PM
Nov 2019
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
JJ_jose said:

The key visual I mean, unless it's just me who's behind on the anime and manga and doesn't know better..>.>;
well the titans in the trailer looked fine
Aug 25, 2020 3:48 PM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
JJ_jose said:
Klefki_of_Awsome said:

well the titans in the trailer looked fine

I see..^^'
I didn't check the trailer(s) yet since I;m still so far behind in the anime, but I will eventually see it I guess~^^'>
Aug 25, 2020 4:44 PM
Jul 2020
Attack titan design in the manga so much better. if they stick with that it will be great
Aug 25, 2020 5:44 PM
Nov 2019
Dovaiakh said:
Attack titan design in the manga so much better. if they stick with that it will be great
well it seems like they stuck with it. A scene in the trailer with the attack titan was practically an exact replica
Aug 25, 2020 6:16 PM
Jun 2017
I don't think it will be a downgrade. I think is going to be different in the way it looks and feels. But I will do my best to not judge until I actually see it, and be as open-minded as I can. I do think a lot of people will criticize it, or say is a downgrade (even if it's actually better) just because it will be different from previous seasons and the expectations are crazy high. I trust the staff, and probably it will be a downgrade in some aspects, but better in others. We just have to accept that it will be different.
Aug 25, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2020
The general view about S3P2 is that the story was amazing but the animation was a bit low key. And everyone agrees that S3P2 was AoT peak. As I've read the manga I can tell you that the story this time will turn everything else to dust so it can easily roll with a normal animation. This is one show which can carry itself all the way through. Many of you people are currently worried about the animation (which is genuine) but you can have my word that once the story begins to unfold, the animation will cease to matter. Amen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2020
We'll find out later that it is a downgrade or an upgrade but at a particular moment it the story you all will be...... disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2020 9:24 PM
Jun 2020
I told Eren about this thread and he told me to tell you guys this: Upgrade? I'll show you an upgrade.
Aug 26, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2018
To be honest you'll have to wait till PV 2 to get an actual answer.

I think Yuichiro Hayashi is the best director at MAPPA and will be better at directing than Koizuka. Not sure about Araki.
The good thing is MAPPA will most probably not cut content from the original manga like WiT did with season 3 part 1.
Though I think 3DMG animation will be obviously worse than WIT's but character movements and stuff would be better. TBH I feel that if MAPPA is going to invite freelancers, I don't see why they won't invite Imai because he is the face of every levi's sakuga scenes.
Character designs aren't that polished as WIT's but still alright.
The biggest concern for me would be the director of photography. The guy likes to blur everything onscreen. While GoHS might be an upgrade, he still likes to blur random scenes and not blur other ones. While the good thing is Yabuta has a different personality on his own, so the only hope is Hayashi would work differently on this.

Aug 26, 2020 1:34 AM
Aug 2020
I don't think MAPPA will do a better job than WIT but I guess in the end we will have to wait for the the first episode of season 4 to be able to judge that....
Aug 26, 2020 1:37 AM

Apr 2013
I think the chances of the fanbase not nagging about art and animation being different to before is pretty much zero. Wit did too good of a job with pretty much everything, the expectations are through the roof for the final season. I just hope MAPPA will do a good job, in the best case equally as good as Wit.
Aug 26, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2008
The saddest thing about it all is that MAPPA’s number 1 ace animator (Seong-Hu Park) most likely won’t be able to contribute to the Final Season because he’s too busy directing GoH and JJK. He animated absolutely incredible scenes under Hayashi’s supervision for Garo: Divine Flame and Garo: The Animation and it’s a fucking shame that he won’t be there now because he’s probably MAPPA’s only worthy alternative to Arifumi Imai. Check out some of his work for Garo: Vanishing Line, he’s an absolute God and if anyone can name a possible alternative to him (someone working for MAPPA and preferably someone who has done action scenes with Hayashi before, but not Hironori Tanaka or Gosei Oda because they lack the complexity/weight of Imai and Park’s work) I’ll be happy to check out who this person is.
Aug 26, 2020 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
I would say it will be a downgrade in everything except storyboarding and CGI modeling.
Aug 26, 2020 4:22 AM
Aug 2017
Art style, character design and backgrounds will be worse. They will use a lot more CG animation. Animation overall will be the same but the 3DMG animation is up in the air how will they do it
Aug 26, 2020 4:41 AM
Nov 2019
BlackFlagPirate said:
The general view about S3P2 is that the story was amazing but the animation was a bit low key. And everyone agrees that S3P2 was AoT peak. As I've read the manga I can tell you that the story this time will turn everything else to dust so it can easily roll with a normal animation. This is one show which can carry itself all the way through. Many of you people are currently worried about the animation (which is genuine) but you can have my word that once the story begins to unfold, the animation will cease to matter. Amen.
but I already know the story. Why make an adaptation to begin with if you're not gonna focus on animation
Aug 26, 2020 5:13 AM

Nov 2008
JJ_jose said:
but I already know the story. Why make an adaptation to begin with if you're not gonna focus on animation

AoT never had good animation outside of its action scenes anyway. Outside of the action, it has always been a combined and limited effort of great looking stills, great music, background art and photography. Most likely it will continue to look great under Hayashi’s supervision, with excellent/close to excellent execution on the main fights and amazing execution on key dialogues, but without the completely incredible, randomly placed sakuga’s (the ones that popped off out of nowhere during the most unusual moments in the first two seasons).

The animated adaptation of Attack on Titan experienced so many changes in visual style, tone and direction that it’s already impossible to view the first 3 seasons as 1 single body of work. They’re all completely different from one another and we should probably start accepting that the Final Season is gonna be something else, again.

Its inconsistency will most likely hurt Attack on Titan’s (at least the animated adaptation) legacy as a whole, but we can still praise each season individually for their unique characteristics. I’m sure that the Final Season will be great, the only thing left to do is to accept that we’ve been stanning an inconsistent mess of a series for 7+ years.
Aug 26, 2020 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
MironBiron said:
The saddest thing about it all is that MAPPA’s number 1 ace animator (Seong-Hu Park) most likely won’t be able to contribute to the Final Season because he’s too busy directing GoH and JJK. He animated absolutely incredible scenes under Hayashi’s supervision for Garo: Divine Flame and Garo: The Animation and it’s a fucking shame that he won’t be there now because he’s probably MAPPA’s only worthy alternative to Arifumi Imai. Check out some of his work for Garo: Vanishing Line, he’s an absolute God and if anyone can name a possible alternative to him (someone working for MAPPA and preferably someone who has done action scenes with Hayashi before, but not Hironori Tanaka or Gosei Oda because they lack the complexity/weight of Imai and Park’s work) I’ll be happy to check out who this person is.

Yeah, this is actually the biggest problem.
Aug 26, 2020 5:58 AM

Aug 2020
people keep saying they have 200 employees but they forget they have only 12 or so in house animators,and some of the ones working in the final season have questionable or awful work in the past (looking at you photography director,known for her blur filter.which also still exists in AOT)

Aug 26, 2020 8:39 AM

Mar 2016
BlackFlagPirate said:
We'll find out later that it is a downgrade or an upgrade but at a particular moment it the story you all will be...... disappointed.

Which moment are you talking about?
Aug 26, 2020 9:17 AM
Apr 2019
Just want to say it won't look the same as WIT's, so better be prepared for that.
Aug 26, 2020 9:23 AM

Nov 2008
MeTi said:
BlackFlagPirate said:

Which moment are you talking about?

@BlackFlagPirate just name the chapter number please, don’t spoil the moment.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Yesterday

16 by ILIA36 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabiโ€ฆ

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.