Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2020 1:40 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much just a chapter of everyone for getting ready to set sail for Vinland. Sounds exciting.

And it looks like Cordelia is more than happy about her new clothes.
Aug 24, 2020 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope the next arc with the Vinland journey and exploration is better than this short homecoming arc. The writing was not as good I my opinion
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 24, 2020 6:35 PM
May 2020
And so the Vinland arc finally starts, Thorfinn was looking like a complete badass at the beginning and at the end
Aug 24, 2020 9:24 PM

Apr 2020
I really feel like the guy with the face tatoo is gonna be something major in Vinland. He might be the one to make Vinland a failure, that is why I am expecting a tragic ending for the series.

Was that an Attack on Titan reference? The bathing scene?

I love that aggressive look he had i the end, he knows it is not going to be that easy.
--AbiSa--
Aug 25, 2020 12:56 AM

Jul 2014
Hopefully the next arc is much better written than this one was. However, the signs are already clear that this is going to fail in disastrous fashion despite Thorfinn's determination at the end; determination won't matter when he's not being anywhere close to careful enough and has already had his base premise of "no swords" undermined as a result.
Aug 25, 2020 5:22 AM

Feb 2011
Farabeuf said:
I hope the next arc with the Vinland journey and exploration is better than this short homecoming arc. The writing was not as good I my opinion

I gave up on the writing. You can't expect anything from someone that writes their characters in such a way that in 2 chapters they go from this:

to this

No. Miss me with that.
Aug 25, 2020 5:14 PM

May 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Farabeuf said:

I gave up on the writing. You can't expect anything from someone that writes their characters in such a way that in 2 chapters they go from this:

to this

No. Miss me with that.

Literally complaining about nothing here.

Aug 25, 2020 8:59 PM
Oct 2015
Bit of a short chapter. Nothing significant except the fact that they're finally sailing for Vinland.
Evyar is smuggling weapons without Thorfinn's consent?! Wonder what's gonna happen.

Like Thorfinn's new outlook.
Aug 26, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2013
I have a feeling maybe there will be consequences for having no weapon during these voyage.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 26, 2020 4:18 PM
Jun 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Farabeuf said:

to this

No. Miss me with that.
what a lazy argument, you speak as if characters don't have their ways of expressing themselves in the face of worrying and carefree situations, literally whatever fiction character acts like this.
Aug 27, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 2019
Very enjoyable chapter. I really liked the intensity Thorfinn shows in private. It seems he's really concerned about how this voyage will go and so far it's not looking too good (swords being brought on the ships).
Aug 27, 2020 8:42 PM

Sep 2017

A bit dry (that's what Thorfinn said), but we are finally heading to Vinland.
Sep 1, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2016
Great build up chapter for the Vinland arc. Damn, you can really see the determination on Thorfinn's eyes that's not anger that's determination. He really wants to see his Vinland plan succeed but, we'll see what happens.
Sep 20, 2020 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
It's a monthly manga & we only get these short arse chapters with barely anything happening, definitely going to wait for this to finish before binging it lol.
Oct 23, 2020 11:19 PM

Dec 2016
eyvar's sword is gonna cause problems down the line, for sure
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 9, 2021 3:15 AM

May 2017
Not much happening in this chapter, but I just really loved to see they are finally going to Vinland after all that Thorfinn has went through. I haven been following this story for so many years now and it really became a part of me. I will feel so empty when it finally ends. I just hope the ending won't be too sad knowing the historical background what happened in Vinland. However, a tragic or bittersweet end would be very fitting.
Apr 5, 2022 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
and the migration to Vinlad begins
Oct 28, 2022 5:21 PM

Aug 2021
and so they've finally set sail to vinland... should be exciting to see how things play out
Jul 1, 2023 6:05 PM
Jun 2021
Off the Vinland!! First we gotta go to Greenland though. Seems like Ivar will be causing problems
Jan 16, 5:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The ships sail!
The adventure starts again!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Apr 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

6 by Hei316 »»
Apr 14, 9:31 AM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

» vinland saga 210 release date?

CRG - Apr 2

1 by deg »»
Apr 2, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.