Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 27, 2020 11:20 AM

Mar 2020
Planas said:
rahatamancool10 said:
some people are hating this series? idk why i think its pretty good !
its just the start of manhwas getting anime adaptations
and goh is only the second manhwa to get a adaptation so i think its pretty good .
SHARE YOUR OPINIONS

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

I only watched 3 episodes so far, and it's probably my favorite shounen since Hunter X Hunter 2011, simple, good graphics and it doesn't take itself seriously, just perfection. Wayyyy better than Kami no shit and Kimetsu overated, but there are always ways for shows to let you down.

fr its your fav show now?!??!?!? there are better way better shonen shows for sure ??
how come this became your fav!
Aug 27, 2020 11:44 AM

Oct 2017
rahatamancool10 said:
Planas said:

I only watched 3 episodes so far, and it's probably my favorite shounen since Hunter X Hunter 2011, simple, good graphics and it doesn't take itself seriously, just perfection. Wayyyy better than Kami no shit and Kimetsu overated, but there are always ways for shows to let you down.

fr its your fav show now?!??!?!? there are better way better shonen shows for sure ??
how come this became your fav!

Humm I just said, simple, doesn't take itself too seriously, has some good art and the fights are pretty cool so far.

Like which other would you say it's better and don't say Boku no Hero or Black Clover.
Aug 29, 2020 9:44 PM
Jul 2019
Its just another overhyped show. Skip this one. Best compliment i can give is having decent animation and thats about it
normiewatcher56Aug 29, 2020 9:56 PM
Aug 29, 2020 11:06 PM

Jan 2018
Appalling. Nothing is good with this anime.
Aug 30, 2020 4:46 AM
Oct 2019
GoH pro and cons:

Pro:
- The fight scene is pretty lit.

Cons:
- Feels rushed.
- Stubborn voice actor and non logical reaction
- They ruined the world building
- THE WHOLE STORY ISBJUST A TOURNAMENT!
Aug 30, 2020 6:21 AM

Mar 2020
YESTORAKS said:
GoH pro and cons:

Pro:

Cons:
- Feels rushed.

i agree for sure
and also its not even an highschool anime but the name says "god of highschool"
SMH
Aug 30, 2020 7:20 AM
Feb 2020
thiago52192 said:
It's "watchable" in the first couple of episodes, mainly because of the production work. But after that, you can definitely see how the characters and the plot are absolutely generic. Seriously, the MC is probably one of the most generic characters I've seen in anime. Since I don't know how much generic it will be in the upcoming episodes, I don't know if it will be worse than ToG (which btw, it's my worse anime of the year ao far with a score of 3/10).

Not really, so far, my top 3 are Re Zero, kaguya and ToG. If tog had a better studio, it would top the list.
Aug 30, 2020 7:25 AM
Feb 2020
Graumann said:
I've read up on the source material, and I am disappointed with the adaptation. I enjoy parts of it like the ED, production quality, and character designs, but what kills it for me is the pacing. While manga and webtoon chapters aren't exactly 1 to 1 in length, I was still astounded at the difference in chapters covered per episode. I did a quick comparison below with the God of High School and Tower of God (the other manwha adaptation) with other battle series:

Chapter/Episode Pace Comparison

0.97 [700 Ch/720 Ep] Naruto + Naruto: Shippuuden
1.00 [937 Ch/933 Ep] One Piece
1.31 [479 Ch/366 Ep] Bleach
1.56 [175 Ch/112 Ep] Yu Yu Hakusho
1.65 [228 Ch/138 Ep] Black Clover
1.71 [108 Ch/63 Ep] Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
1.96 [51 Ch/26 Ep] Demon Slayer
2.16 [190 Ch/88 Ep] Boku no Hero Academia
2.28 [338 Ch/148 Ep] Hunter X Hunter (2011)
2.46 [59 Ch/24 Ep] Dr. Stone
6.00 [78 Ch/13 Ep] Tower of God
8.46 [110 Ch/13 Ep] The God of High School - Projected to cover 110 chapters over 13 episodes.

The 8.46 chapters/episode pacing is so insane compared to those other series. If I hadn't read the source material, I wouldn't feel a strong attachment to the characters in the God of High School. No matter how good a fight may be, it's not going to be memorable unless you care about the characters. I'll try to do another pace comparison and look more closely at the pace of the first 12 or 13 episodes of the other series; maybe that will make the chapter/episode ratio closer as the long runners tend to have numerous filler episodes.

Naruto doesn't count. The show has like 40% filler.
Aug 30, 2020 7:28 AM
Mar 2020
Planas said:
rahatamancool10 said:
some people are hating this series? idk why i think its pretty good !
its just the start of manhwas getting anime adaptations
and goh is only the second manhwa to get a adaptation so i think its pretty good .
SHARE YOUR OPINIONS

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

Lol it's just because you have watched 3 eps, just watch the rest of the eps or just even ep 4 and you will do a 180 on your opinion.
Btw GOH is just a poorly executed generic battle shonen and stuff like MHA and KNY looks like fucking masterpiece if you compare it with GOH, and everyone knows it pretty well that KNY & MHA are nowhere near masterpieces.
Aug 30, 2020 9:02 AM

Mar 2020
ZAB00M said:
Planas said:

Lol it's just because you have watched 3 eps, just watch the rest of the eps or just even ep 4 and you will do a 180 on your opinion.
Btw GOH is just a poorly executed generic battle shonen and stuff like MHA and KNY looks like fucking masterpiece if you compare it with GOH, and everyone knows it pretty well that KNY & MHA are nowhere near masterpieces.

KNY and mha got the most blend generic storyline for sure
started pretty good but then one demon after another like power rangers or something lmao
Aug 30, 2020 11:15 PM

Oct 2017
ZAB00M said:
Planas said:

Sure I agree that it poorly executed and a generic shounen. I watched the full of KNY and it's no way near as good as God of highschool(also what a terrible name, I almost skipped because of it). MHA, I dropped after 2 or 3 episodes couldn't stand it. I just enjoyed this one way better than the others, it's just a fun over the top show. Also already catched up not gonna lie I dropped a point don't remember why but still having way more fun with GOH than I had with any of these other shows listed in this discussion.
At the end of the day, most shounen is about enjoyment, not story telling that's why most of modern shounen's falls flat imo, they all try to make a good story and in the end it just fall flat and bore the viewer to death(hello Black Clover I'm still bored of the first 2 episodes), in rare occasions we have both like Hunter X Hunter, but that's not the norm.
Aug 31, 2020 10:15 AM

Oct 2019
The series did start out pretty strong, though I wasn't fond of the story, the action and choreography was magnificent. But over time, the plot got even weaker, and so did the action scenes. Well, we're still waiting for the anime finish so who knows, it might be a banger by then end.
Aug 31, 2020 11:48 AM
Dec 2018
its pretty garbage
Aug 31, 2020 12:24 PM

Jun 2020
DruMzTV said:
its pretty garbage

At least it's better than One Piece though, amirite
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 31, 2020 12:44 PM
Dec 2018
spectrojan said:
DruMzTV said:
its pretty garbage

Doubt that chief.
Aug 31, 2020 12:44 PM
Aug 2020
spectrojan said:
DruMzTV said:
its pretty garbage

spectrojan said:
DruMzTV said:
its pretty garbage

No you is never right
Aug 31, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2020
The Adaptation probably won't be able to keep up with the Martial Art shown in the Anime!!
And that is the only thing this Anime is good in!!
Aug 31, 2020 2:48 PM
Oct 2018
I actually enjoyed this more compared to the TOG adaptation. It has more or a normal shonen which I'm a sucker for.
Aug 31, 2020 7:00 PM

Feb 2017
On one hand the manwha had some overwrought/overexplained moments (a lot of them probably eventually gain more meaning, but I really don’t feel like I needed to know every random character’s backstory) and probably too many ‘notable’ characters in general. I’ve actually been enjoying many of the anime’s decisions to streamline the story (though I suspect I’m in the minority here?) Also, it’s a lot easier to tell what’s going on in a specific fight watching it, and in general watching fights feels way cooler than reading them.

That being said, I definitely still think the manwha is better. A bunch of lore/explanations are cut out, and the anime keeps running into this issue with the pacing where it chokes out almost any emotional impact of scenes for me. Specifically, a lot of the fights in the manwha made me go ‘damn, that was awesome’ by their conclusions, and feel a lot more invested in the characters and fights. Meanwhile the anime will always be rushing through three simultaneous fights going at breakneck speed, with very few moments to rest or even process everything that’s happening.

Essentially, the hype moments aren’t drawn out enough, and there’s little impact once they’re over. I think the lows of the manwha are mostly improved in the anime, but the peaks aren’t anywhere near as good. Also, I think some of the generic feel people complain about is probably due to the lack of connection caused by the pacing and cuts. (The obvious shounen inspirations/appreciations of the author do become even more apparent.)

Baring any surprises, I would give the manwha through the same point a low-mid 8 and the anime a mid-7 (the production value is still godlike, after all).
Aug 31, 2020 8:16 PM

Apr 2015
PrimordiaL_Being said:

Naruto doesn't count. The show has like 40% filler.

I re-did the analysis, since long runners tend to have a lot of fillers, and looked at only the first 13 episodes of each series (see below). At the start, Naruto had approximately 1.85 chapters per episode.

It is rather curious that for me and some others, the biggest pet-peeve is the incredibly fast pacing of the story. In contrast, The God of High School author Yongje Park stated the following about the adaptation:

"I'm satisfied with the adaptation overall.
My favorite part is the speedy pacing of the story.
"

As a webtoon reader, I'll be curious if I come around and share his sentiment by the end of Episode 13 (specifically in regards to pacing). Despite some choice nitpicks, I am still enjoying the show overall, and try to experience it as a separate entity from the webtoon.
GraumannAug 31, 2020 11:05 PM
Sep 1, 2020 12:28 AM

Mar 2020
goh ep 9 was pretty good
MAPPA DID A GREAT JOB
Sep 3, 2020 3:49 PM
Apr 2019
It's pretty meh, I'd say. Most of the fights are good and the OST is not half bad. The story though... Character development is rushed, the story is rushed, the main trios "friendship" just feels so forced and unbelievable. The biggest criticism I have for this adaptation is that it's super rushed, even more so than ToG. I haven't read the webtoon, nor do I plan to, but everything relating to the story is just shit.
Sep 3, 2020 11:29 PM

Jan 2016
Its going too fast,like who makes a 3 man team match last for only 1 episode? (that is episode 7) and thats where i dropped it.
Sep 4, 2020 4:33 AM
Aug 2018
I got 1 Word

RUSHED.
Sep 4, 2020 5:39 AM
Sep 2020
i read GoH manhwa. and it's so good. unfortunatelly the adaptation of this webtoon comic feels rushed and didn't give an enough character and story building on it. it feels so terrible!
Sep 4, 2020 5:59 AM

Aug 2018
While I haven't read it's source material it seams like a pretty solid adaptation but the main thing holding it back is the weak source material
_______I like rocks__
Sep 4, 2020 6:39 AM
Oct 2019
YESTORAKS said:
GoH pro and cons:

Pro:

Cons:
- Feels rushed.

Hence the name of the anime is also the name of the tournament
Sep 4, 2020 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
CuteAssTiger said:
I dont know if the source is better but the anime is pretty bad

The story is pretty bad

The animation is fine but the choreography is really bad ( outside of episode 7 and 1) which is pretty important to an anime centered arround battles

The way the battles are done is really shallow and un-interesting

Ouh no I'm loosing .
My current tactics aren't working :o
How could we resolve this situation in a clever and interesting way ?

Solution : punch harder
Or
Kick harder
Or
Slice harder

That is just pretty bad fight design

There is also no highschool aspect in this god of highschool

Also it has innumerable plotholes

If you can bring whatever you want to these fights why not an actual sword ? Or a gun ? Or whatever

Green haired twitch moderator litterally pulls out a fucking JoJo stand in public but nobody cares

They have nano technology and super powered humans but their world looks just like ours ?

On another note MC is the stupid-funnny-archetype.idk how others feel about that but these types of characters are really low effort and never catch my interest

2-3/10 so far tbh

@rahatamancool10

It seems that you have missed the entire point of the anime. I admit the adaption could be much better but the points youare giving for it being trash are easily justifiable. For example, the high-school in the title derives from the fact that not only is it the name of the tournament, but it is a tournament filled with high schoolers
Sep 4, 2020 6:47 AM
Oct 2019
honestly the adaption is decent, but a let down for all manwha readers. But I guess since MAPPA also had AOT and Jujutsu Kaisen to work on, they couldn't really animate more than 13 episodes. Even then, there was no need to adapt up to Chapter 112 tbh. I think it would have been better for the plot had they animated the preliminaries alone in those 13 eps
Sep 4, 2020 7:00 AM

Jan 2018
godusopp02 said:
CuteAssTiger said:
I dont know if the source is better but the anime is pretty bad

The story is pretty bad

The animation is fine but the choreography is really bad ( outside of episode 7 and 1) which is pretty important to an anime centered arround battles

The way the battles are done is really shallow and un-interesting

Ouh no I'm loosing .
My current tactics aren't working :o
How could we resolve this situation in a clever and interesting way ?

Solution : punch harder
Or
Kick harder
Or
Slice harder

That is just pretty bad fight design

There is also no highschool aspect in this god of highschool

Also it has innumerable plotholes

If you can bring whatever you want to these fights why not an actual sword ? Or a gun ? Or whatever

Green haired twitch moderator litterally pulls out a fucking JoJo stand in public but nobody cares

They have nano technology and super powered humans but their world looks just like ours ?

On another note MC is the stupid-funnny-archetype.idk how others feel about that but these types of characters are really low effort and never catch my interest

2-3/10 so far tbh

@rahatamancool10

It seems that you have missed the entire point of the anime. I admit the adaption could be much better but the points youare giving for it being trash are easily justifiable. For example, the high-school in the title derives from the fact that not only is it the name of the tournament, but it is a tournament filled with high schoolers

the tournament also included people that looked way to old to be in high school

make something consistent or dont make it at all

there is no point to miss when the name of something doesnt have a point and just "mostly" follows a a namesake

Sep 4, 2020 7:11 AM
Oct 2019
CuteAssTiger said:
godusopp02 said:

there is no point to miss when the name of something doesnt have a point and just "mostly" follows a a namesake

Bro this is anime, people don't look their age most of the time. The only one who was to old to be a highscooler was the green haired dude, but they explained why he was still in highschool. So that covers the 'highscool' part. I am sort of new to this website so I'm being careful not to spoil anything incase I get banned or something but the God part is pretty i portent too
dragonemperor_Sep 4, 2020 7:14 AM
Sep 4, 2020 7:27 AM

Mar 2016
Never trusting webtoon adaptations by CrunchyRoll ever again, that’s all I need to say.
Sep 4, 2020 10:44 AM
Aug 2020
Ryuseishun said:
Never trusting webtoon adaptations by CrunchyRoll ever again, that’s all I need to say.

Yeah, main moral of the story, NEVER let crunchyroll be the production committee of any anime adaptation whether from marvel comics, DC, Webtoon, ETC, if not, crunchy will F it up
Sep 4, 2020 5:22 PM

Jan 2018
godusopp02 said:
CuteAssTiger said:

Bro this is anime, people don't look their age most of the time. The only one who was to old to be a highscooler was the green haired dude, but they explained why he was still in highschool. So that covers the 'highscool' part. I am sort of new to this website so I'm being careful not to spoil anything incase I get banned or something but the God part is pretty i portent too

Except man soek Han , da nawa and fanimet being canonically to old ,

And other Characters like azizi and batoo looking way to old for high school.
Not just "anime age" old but just looking way to hold to be just 18

Besides the issue is that the title invokes the idea of this being an anime partly about high school

Which doesn't mean it has to focus on that at all , don't get my wrong.
But we haven't seen anything related to high schools.
It seems more like schools don't exist .
Characters like Mori sometimes just sit arround or sleep until it's time to do tournament stuff .

This might just be something specific to the adaptation but it just makes the anime feel less believable.

Thou that is honestly one of the smaller issues.

Apparently the adaptation skips a huge part of the introduction of the source.
But I haven't read that so I can't co firm

Don't worry about spoilers thought.
Very nice that you dodge spoilers.
But I don't think mods would ban you for that .
At least I've never heard of anything like that.

As a rule of thumb I would always try to avoid spoilers thought.
Just in case someone doesn't want to know certain things in advance ^~^
Sep 5, 2020 9:42 AM

Oct 2019
Animation and OST's are awesome but it's been rushed like hell, skipping things and adapting like 60-70 manhwa chapters in just 9 eps.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2019
Its trash through and through, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about this adaption. The amount of effort crunchyroll spends on adapting these webtoon adaptations is really making me cringe ngl
Sep 5, 2020 11:14 AM
Aug 2020
normiewatcher56 said:
Its trash through and through, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about this adaption. The amount of effort crunchyroll spends on adapting these webtoon adaptations is really making me cringe ngl

All for money, these webtoons are gonna be a one hit wonder and then slept on, by the time jujutsu kaisen releases, Attack on titan releases, Dr.Stone releases, BNHA releases, bet that most would forget about webtoon animes
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Yesterday, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.