Forum Settings
Forums

why do some gay people want straight people to watch gay intended animes?

New
Aug 24, 2020 4:39 AM

Jul 2017
edit : I got what I wanted from this thread(even more in fact) : a broader view of things. I originally did it as a reaction thread to another thread but I went and try to make it a real thread and not only a shitpost(coz it might have been removed), anyway, it was interesting and all, but I probably won't answer anymore if you answer to the original post.
if you want to answer, read also the post I made to answer pullman and TeamDalaiLana (n°32) .

original text :
I mean, people watch what they want, but for some reasons, (some) gay people want straight people to watch stuff that's obviously not aimed at them.

The anime industry, with time, is becoming more modern and has shows for everybody, there weren't much animes (I'm thinking of romance) in the 20th century that were aimed at homosexuals, but recently there's more and more, which is great, as it means the industry can target more groups of people.

but for some reason, some people don't understand that the industry having a broader view and aim means that produced animes can't satisfy everybody. your "Given " isn't gonna have the same audience as your "Citrus", that won't have the same target as Toradora.

"straights absolutly don't want to watch BL(boys love) but gays are okay with straight romance" I hear.

but tbh this paragraph can be limited to "it's not the targeted audience" and it's a BS argument to say that since gay people like straight romance, straight people should like gay romance.

and don't come and tell me that girls have no problems watching GL(girl's love) as girls are twice more often bisexual than men (and generaly way more "touchy" between themselves).
https://www.advocate.com/bisexuality/2015/08/26/study-women-are-more-likely-be-bisexual-men

so that's it, I don't get it.
maybe they are sad not more people watch stuff that's intended for them?
maybe it has to do with the "feminisation" of society, after thouthands of years in a male society?
maybe it's a way to expand their will to power?
maybe they just want to share something they love?
discuss !

ZehennagelAug 24, 2020 7:52 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 24, 2020 4:44 AM

Mar 2020
This thread reminds me of a friend who loved Pucci so much. Now I'm GEI too.
Aug 24, 2020 4:51 AM
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Jan 2020
I don't. As a gay guy, I don't give a shit whether straight people watch gay romance. Why would I care what you watch. As long as there's content for me to enjoy that's fine.

You go watch your loli ecchi harems and I'll enjoy my BL. Each to their own.

The only thing that pisses me off is when straight guys call gay romance "gross" or "disgusting" - that's fucking offensive. Just because you don't like something or it's not your taste doesn't mean it's gross or disgusting. Just say you don't like it.
HendyAug 24, 2020 4:54 AM

πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ . ι˜Ώθ‰―γ€…ζœ¨ 暦, ε‚· 物 θͺž . πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Aug 24, 2020 4:54 AM

Jul 2017
horridhendy said:
I don't. As a gay guy, I don't give a shit whether straight people watch gay romance. Why would I care what you watch. As long as there's content for me to enjoy that's fine.

The only thing that pisses me off is when straight guys call gay romance "gross" or "disgusting" - that's fucking offensive. Just because you don't like something or it's not your taste doesn't mean it's gross or disgusting. Just say you don't like it.
ngl though loli harem fanservice shit is fucking creepy
Aug 24, 2020 4:55 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
What even brought this thread on, in the other thread I don't even recall seeing a single response indicating this

Aug 24, 2020 5:01 AM

Mar 2020
horridhendy said:

Please, don't contradict yourself within two sentences, kay?

Saying 'to each their own' but immediately going with 'I find it offensive when people find gay romance disgusting' is not something it should be said in the 20th century.

Above all, why would that be offensive? Did the OP targeted your precisely? If so, that's not his fault, it's yours. You should have more confidence in yourself and not get triggered of everything some random person says.
Aug 24, 2020 5:03 AM
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Jan 2020
Iune said:
horridhendy said:

look, it's cool and dandy but please, don't contradict yourself within two sentences, kay?

Saying 'to each their own' but immediately going with 'I find it offensive when people find gay romance disgusting' is not something it should be said in the 20th century.

Above all, why would that be offensive? Did the OP targeted your precisely? If so, that's not his fault, it's yours. You should have more confidence in yourself and not get triggered of everything some random person say.

I'm not offended by the OP. He never said gay romance was disgusting. Calling gay people "disgusting" is offensive. That's what I have a problem with not that people have a preference for not watching BL. That's fine if you don't like it. Each to their own but calling it disgusting is rude. That's not a contradiction.

Also, just so you know - it's the 21st century. Not the 20th.

πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ . ι˜Ώθ‰―γ€…ζœ¨ 暦, ε‚· 物 θͺž . πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Aug 24, 2020 5:07 AM

May 2016
I’ve never heard anyone wants that but if I had to guess. It’s the fact gay people have grown up being exposed to straight romance in media most of their lives. And never had ANY problem with it. So it would make sense they think that straight people wouldn’t have a problem watching gay romance.

Here’s the cold truth, straight people are just less tolerant and are much more narrow minded. And don’t even try to argue lol. This thread itself is just a reconfirmation of that. When you grow up privileged and the world culture revolves around straight ness. It’s difficult to break from that mind set. Not everyone is like that tho but a majority sure is.
TeamDalaiLanaAug 24, 2020 7:59 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 24, 2020 5:09 AM
Aug 2020
Iune said:
horridhendy said:

Please, don't contradict yourself within two sentences, kay?

Above all, why would that be offensive? Did the OP targeted your precisely? If so, that's not his fault, it's yours. You should have more confidence in yourself and not get triggered of everything some random person says.

he means he is fine with people not liking gay romance. He just finds it offensive when people say its gross or disgusting. Its like a gay person saying staight romances are gross
Aug 24, 2020 5:15 AM
Oct 2019
I just think that LGBT+ people may want others to know that LGBT+ anime is just as good as straight anime in some aspects. because there is a rising amount of people who may be gay/lesbian, etc they may just want others to understand what it feels like. Imo, i think that it helps people to find their own sexuality/identity. The LGBT community may also want to show others what they feel relatable to. But if a gay person were to force a straight person to watch gay intended anime and they didn't like it, then that's their opinion and the gay person shouldn't force gay intended anime onto them ^^
Aug 24, 2020 5:35 AM

Feb 2010
I'M neither gay nor do I care what people watch but I don't get OPs black and white thinking. Toradora, Yagate, Given - they're all romances and in that sense they have the same target audience. I enjoyed all three of them and want to fuck none of the characters so there you go - your entire bullshit disproven by example.

Your whole paragraph about 'what a romance needs to work' is subjective bullshit you pulled out of your own ass and now try to shove down our throats as if it were some rule set in stone, which it most definitely isn't. It's júst your reductive view of what romance is all about. I seriously have no idea why you would need to be attracted to one of the characters to be able to appreciate a romantic storyline. That's just not true and if it is for you, then that's your specific issue, nothing more. That kind of entirely sexualized idea of romance is completely foreign to me on so many levels, I actually find it actively creepy when people are so obsessed with sexual attraction that they are unable to relate to anything outside of that realm, unable to have any empathy or feel any emotions towards anything they don't find sexually attractive. THAT is the weird thing here if you ask me.

People can find a romance between two old people heartwarming without finding them attractive. I can get emotionally involved in the romance of animated anthropomorphic animals that I don't want to fuck at all and it's the most normal thing in the world. And I can appreciate the universal feeling of love in any good romance, whether it be girl on girl, boy on boy, alien on alien or ugly on ugly. There are plenty of successful romance movies and series over the decades that feature animals, old people or children and are still appreciated by a lot of adults of all sexual orientations so idk how you would even conceive the idea that sexual attraction is a universal requirement for anyone to enjoy a romance. That's just a preposterous statement that has no correlation with reality.

So yeah, I don't give a shit what you watch but your argumentation is so bigotted and full of shit and borderline creepy with its sexual obsession and complete inability and unwillingness to feel anything for any character you don't want to fuck that it really has nothing to do with the point of this thread.

In the end there is no difference between gay romance and straight romance - only between gay sex and straight sex. The feelings of love are the same for everyone and therefore - theoretically - accessible and relatable for everyone who doesn't close off his mind to the idea from the start because they're obsessed with implementing some kind of striaght/gay segregation of media. You don't have to be appreciative of it yourself, but I sure won't let your bullshit, factually wrong (as there are countless counterexamples of romances that people can appreciate without being attracted to one of the participants) pseudo-explanation slide sine it's just mental gymnastics you went through to justify your own inability to appreciate romance beyond sexual attraction. That's YOUR very personal limitation, don't try to force your stinted emotional capabilities onto the rest of us. I honestly think that makes you a bit of a sociopath, that you can't even imagine that people can get emotionally involved with characters in a romance without being sexually attracted to them. You really need to realize that just because you lack that kind of emotional maturity and empathy and basic ability to relate to characters on things that are fundamentally human (like love), that's not normal. Most people have those capabilitis in varying degrees.

Your whole argument sounds like someone trying to analyze how emotions work for people without having any experience in them - making sense in theory and there is a system behind the madness, but it's just so far removed from the actual experience of having these emotions that the analysis misses the mark completely.
AlcoholicideAug 24, 2020 5:47 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 24, 2020 5:38 AM

Jan 2010
Well, nobody should force anyone to watch anything they don't want.
Aug 24, 2020 5:42 AM

Mar 2015
i always said i am not into homosexuality and people usually just like "oh, how about..." and change the topics.

i think you are on the wrong circle. avoid such people. it doesn't matter what your preference is. no one should forced to watch something they like if they don't need to. this is hobbies, not a job.

it's not about taste, it's about attitude.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 24, 2020 5:52 AM
Jul 2020
I think some people think that any series that has a gay main character is for gay people only and will instantly not watch it solely because of that fact. That thinking is dumb. People would find it weird if a gay person refused to watch any show with a straight main character, or claimed that any time a straight main character shared a moment with their love interest it was a scene aimed at the gratification of straight people as opposed to character building.
The criteria I use when rating shows is on my profile.
Aug 24, 2020 5:52 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Kuma said:
i always said i am not into homosexuality and people usually just like "oh, how about..." and change the topics.

Kuma I feel like you're ignoring my entire existence when you say this and that really hurts me in the kokoro

Aug 24, 2020 5:59 AM
Aug 2020
I suggest you edit the post, I'm familiar (which) person/thread you are talking about, I've been to that thread and I can only say one thing that this entire bullshit argument can be ended in one sentence, and that is "I don't like watching boys love and that's my opinion" boom, there we go.

Some people here are saying "Maybe they want others to know this that blah blah yada yada" Nope, if they are uncomfortable with it, then they are uncomfortable with it. Deal with it, they won't watch it so stop telling them to. They have all rights to not watch it.

Yuri on Ice made me feel uncomfortable with all the BL stuff, and that's why I'm never gonna watch it. As simple as that. We don't even need to go into target audiences and other bullshit, all this can be done with just one sentence.
Aug 24, 2020 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Because knowledge and exposure makes people less bigoted, just in general. And also everybody can benefit from stories that don't just revolve around protagonists that act like them.
Aug 24, 2020 6:07 AM

Apr 2016
Tfw a straight person can't just...find watching gay or lesbian people kissing or doing anything even vaguely sexual hot regardless of of they're at all attracted to said characters. Nurrr I have to imagine myself as part of that or it don't work. Experiencing more well-written romances to enrich and diversify our anime pallet isn't what's important! It's all about that sweet sweet self-insertion is a b s o l u t e l y mandatory for romance to function!!!

I mean, as a straight dude, I liked Given because the romance felt genuine and well-written and the idea of an anime where characters writer and perform math rock sounded cool. It was. You're right in thst not all kinds of romance (straight, gay, lesbian, etc.) have 100% the same demographic but it's not like they don't have a lot of overlap considering they're all romance shows. I don't see the idea that gay or les people trying to shove shows representing them down your throat or trying to get you to watch them for those reasons rather than because they think it might suit your taste/they find it well-written and worth recommending. Plus, there's understanding trends in your personal taste, and then there are this weird and rigud rules for what makes something "good". You're conflating taste with quality.

mfw way to expand their will to power. Highkey homophobic comment right there. "Oh no, this must/could maybe be part of the G A Y A G E N D A, YIKERS!!!" The fact that you list this as a hypothetical, regardless of if you're convinced about this one, is a little bit sus, regardless of intention, especially in a thread about "why tf are gays expecting US to watch that gay shit?!" you know?
CodeBlazeFateAug 24, 2020 6:40 AM
Aug 24, 2020 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
That stuff is actually aimed at straight people - straight women to be precise.
But anyways, if someone is directly harassing you into watching BL (which I highly doubt) - just tell them to fuck off. Problem solved.
Aug 24, 2020 6:19 AM

Mar 2020
Hi straight man here, I enjoyed Given because I was able to form an emotional bond with the characters, not because I was attracted to any of them. I don't think I ever watched a tv show or movie because I was attracted to one of the characters either. Unless you hang out on twitter alot, nobody is being forced to watch anything simply because its gay. Apart from being about two gay guys, there's nothing about the content of Given that screams "it's for gay people". Like if you don't want to watch, then don't watch it, but don't go around claiming that straight people can't enjoy straight romance shows.
Aug 24, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
I never had this issue. I'm personally not interested in BL content.
Aug 24, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2019
Zehennagel said:
why do gay people want straight people to watch gay intended animes?

maybe it has to do with the "feminisation" of society, after thouthands of years in a male society?

Uhu.. Uhu.. And when did these paranoid delusions start exactly?

Aug 24, 2020 6:32 AM
Jul 2020
Why do shonen fans always make people watch shonen? Why do seinen fans always act superior to other fans? Why do Ecchi fans always make people watch ecchis? OP, your question reflects your black & white mentality. Did you know Yaoi fan service is actually intended for straight females? Just because someone is gay doesn't necessarily reflect his taste in anime. In fact, the fans you're complaining about are much less rampant than other fans within the anime community.
Aug 24, 2020 6:36 AM
Jun 2020
so we get the opportunity to say "no homo".

Aug 24, 2020 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
If I had to guess, it's probably for straight people or those who don't understand the lgbtq+ community to see that shows that target lgbtq+ couples and similar topics, are actually normal and aren't any different from straight shows. Probably also to kill homophobia or stereotypes even a little.

Because hey, if someone who is somewhat conservative saw a gay romance that is NOT overly fetish oriented and well made, with totally common things happening between the gay couple that are just as common in straight couples, they would realize that gay people aren't just all about ass-tearing and acting "too feminine".

(For example, a good gay romance would be Given, a bad one would be Junjou Romantica. While Given shows us how painful yet sweet love is, I find JR to be way too taboo and gross to watch, even as someone who is part of the lgbtq+ community.)

Aug 24, 2020 6:45 AM
Aug 2020
What the fuck even is this discussion. Go outside and pick up a football weeb.
Aug 24, 2020 6:48 AM
Aug 2020
TheUnfairMAL said:
I suggest you edit the post, I'm familiar (which) person/thread you are talking about, I've been to that thread and I can only say one thing that this entire bullshit argument can be ended in one sentence, and that is "I don't like watching boys love and that's my opinion" boom, there we go.

Some people here are saying "Maybe they want others to know this that blah blah yada yada" Nope, if they are uncomfortable with it, then they are uncomfortable with it. Deal with it, they won't watch it so stop telling them to. They have all rights to not watch it.

Yuri on Ice made me feel uncomfortable with all the BL stuff, and that's why I'm never gonna watch it. As simple as that. We don't even need to go into target audiences and other bullshit, all this can be done with just one sentence.

If watching men in love makes you feel weird you should probably look into yourself. You have every right not to watch it, and not saying you should. But gay people manage to watch media with straight people in it without feeling uncomfortable. If something’s good I’m sure you can find the strength inside if yourself.
Aug 24, 2020 6:50 AM
Aug 2020
this_shit_again said:
Zehennagel said:

Like literally who’s asking? Don’t dislike bomb. Don’t watch it and carry on with your day. Like Dahm bro, why you pressed? Hahah
Aug 24, 2020 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Because we were exposed 24/7 even as kids to straight and only straight lovestories and you maybe got to one point, where it's enough. It's so absolutely tiring, because many of those lovestories felt so forced. They often had basically no character, no or even pretty bad chemistry and had been in their essence "omg, he said hi to a woman. And we all know it's eternal love, if you say hi to the other gender" or they are just awful with each other.
But when some straight people consume only one medium with one lgbt character, they start to whine about it, even if they were interested in story and characters otherwise. Although we had to watch straight stories all the time.
Aug 24, 2020 7:24 AM

Feb 2010
TheUnfairMAL said:

The question I have is: Do you feel no desire to overcome that feeling of discomfort? To get out of your comfort zone, become emotionally mature enough to not feel uncomfortable because of it anymore? Is there no part of you that realizes how irrational your discomfort is and who wants you to grow out of it? I know that feeling, but I realized at a very young age how irrational it is, just a result of exposure, bias and mental weakness so I never wanted to lean into it and use it as an excuse for rejecting any media related to homosexuality but instead try to get over it cause even while I felt like that I was aware of how stupid it was to feel that way, how unnatural to let it eclipse everything else.

The term 'comfort zone' to me has always been something that needs to be expanded as much as possible rather than keeping it as small as it is when you start out, just sticking with every irrational childhood aversion that happened to find its way into your brain and made its presence known as an adult. These things are things to be overcome if we want to grow as a person, not things to treat as laws of nature that we can't control so we won't even try. At least I find it much more appealing to have a comfort zone that's more based on logic and reflection than it is on subconscious, unreflected, vague feelings of discomfort that I just religiously accept as unchangeable, constructing my personality and values around my comfort zone rather than the other way round.

I'm just curious why so many people seem to have the exact opposite approach to comfort zones - just trying to find out where theirs is and then never, ever wanting to leave it ever again, nevermind expanding it. Just living in their own bubble, pretending that's all there is to life.

So don't take this the wrong way, I'm just genuinely curious as to why people are so happy just accepting their comfort zones without reflecting on them or even trying to expand or change them into something more rational, more in tune with their actual beliefs and values. Your post was just the perfect example of that mentality since you literally wrote that you think any and all arguments end when people just say 'I'm not comfortable watching this'. But imo that's where the interesting part starts, where the self-reflection should (or at least could) set in. Finding out about your biases is just the first step. Then you have to decide what to make with it - reflect on it, lean into it, be critical of it, try to combat it etc.... It strikes me as very weird to just end the conversation the moment you realize what the problem is, but then refuse to talk or even think about it beyond that.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 24, 2020 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
this post was right under "What are some anime that have gay elements in them?" comedy gold
Aug 24, 2020 7:36 AM

May 2018
Its my agenda to turn every hetty into a homo for my gay army that will take over online in the weeb world

LOVE that you pulled a statistical article into this thread <3

✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:* 愛してる *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧

Aug 24, 2020 7:47 AM

Jul 2017
TeamDalaiLana said:
I’ve never heard anyone wants that but if I had to guess. It’s the fact gay people have grown up being exposed to straight romance in media most of their lives. And never had ANY problem with it. So it would make sense they think that straight people wouldn’t have a problem watching gay romance.

Here’s the cold truth, straight people are just less tolerant and are much narrow minded. And don’t even try to argue lol. This thread itself is just a reconfirmation of that. When you grow up privileged and the world culture revolves around straight ness. It’s difficult to break from that mind set. Not everyone is like that tho but a majority sure is.
why talk about being intollerent and narrow minded? I think what you said about being exposed all the time to straight romance is true though, straights people just aren't used to gay romance and it's a good point.
Pullman said:
I'M neither gay nor do I care what people watch but I don't get OPs black and white thinking. Toradora, Yagate, Given - they're all romances and in that sense they have the same target audience. I enjoyed all three of them and want to fuck none of the characters so there you go - your entire bullshit disproven by example.

Your whole paragraph about 'what a romance needs to work' is subjective bullshit you pulled out of your own ass and now try to shove down our throats as if it were some rule set in stone, which it most definitely isn't. It's júst your reductive view of what romance is all about. I seriously have no idea why you would need to be attracted to one of the characters to be able to appreciate a romantic storyline. That's just not true and if it is for you, then that's your specific issue, nothing more. That kind of entirely sexualized idea of romance is completely foreign to me on so many levels, I actually find it actively creepy when people are so obsessed with sexual attraction that they are unable to relate to anything outside of that realm, unable to have any empathy or feel any emotions towards anything they don't find sexually attractive. THAT is the weird thing here if you ask me.

People can find a romance between two old people heartwarming without finding them attractive. I can get emotionally involved in the romance of animated anthropomorphic animals that I don't want to fuck at all and it's the most normal thing in the world. And I can appreciate the universal feeling of love in any good romance, whether it be girl on girl, boy on boy, alien on alien or ugly on ugly. There are plenty of successful romance movies and series over the decades that feature animals, old people or children and are still appreciated by a lot of adults of all sexual orientations so idk how you would even conceive the idea that sexual attraction is a universal requirement for anyone to enjoy a romance. That's just a preposterous statement that has no correlation with reality.

So yeah, I don't give a shit what you watch but your argumentation is so bigotted and full of shit and borderline creepy with its sexual obsession and complete inability and unwillingness to feel anything for any character you don't want to fuck that it really has nothing to do with the point of this thread.

In the end there is no difference between gay romance and straight romance - only between gay sex and straight sex. The feelings of love are the same for everyone and therefore - theoretically - accessible and relatable for everyone who doesn't close off his mind to the idea from the start because they're obsessed with implementing some kind of striaght/gay segregation of media. You don't have to be appreciative of it yourself, but I sure won't let your bullshit, factually wrong (as there are countless counterexamples of romances that people can appreciate without being attracted to one of the participants) pseudo-explanation slide sine it's just mental gymnastics you went through to justify your own inability to appreciate romance beyond sexual attraction. That's YOUR very personal limitation, don't try to force your stinted emotional capabilities onto the rest of us. I honestly think that makes you a bit of a sociopath, that you can't even imagine that people can get emotionally involved with characters in a romance without being sexually attracted to them. You really need to realize that just because you lack that kind of emotional maturity and empathy and basic ability to relate to characters on things that are fundamentally human (like love), that's not normal. Most people have those capabilitis in varying degrees.

Your whole argument sounds like someone trying to analyze how emotions work for people without having any experience in them - making sense in theory and there is a system behind the madness, but it's just so far removed from the actual experience of having these emotions that the analysis misses the mark completely.
allright dude what you've said is generally true but you're kinda violent in what you said, this is some anime website conversation, but no problem, I see this as a way to have a broader view on things.

so I'll try to answer to you :
first of, starting on the end of your post, I didn't try to do some mental gymnastics or whatever to justify what I thought, I was in fact trying to understand what I thought and felt, and wrote it as I was creating my opinion. So I understand you'd think that, but it wasn't the case.

about the things necessary to like a romance, to keep on what I said just before, I was writing what I remember feeling back during the period I liked romance. so tbh it's true that I said it as if it was universal but it was just for me. you've overly exagereting by saying I'm a sociopath. it was just a period of my life, and anybody can have this kind of feelings. I realized I was probably wrong about the sexual attraction thing, or, should I say, it was realy only me, and it isn't something unniversal. but it's true a romance can be interesting and enjoyable even though you don't feel attraction and relate to a character, as you said it was proven and even I know I can be touched by one without these(if its in a story whose romance isn't the main plot cause as I said, I don't like romance anymore).

about feeling no empathy for people you're not attracted to, I'm not really sure what you mean cause I never felt nor wrote anything like this, but if you thought that, know it's wrong.

about black and white thinking, idk, it's not the case but I understand why you'd think that so I'll answer, or should I say just remind you as I said, I was just analysing what I felt back then. You can call it narrow minded or whatever you want but that's wrong, it's what I felt and what I wanted. (but the reason you said that is probably cause I wrote it like it's unniversal - so anyway I answered that up there)

Aug 24, 2020 7:50 AM

Jul 2019
this_shit_again said:
Zehennagel said:

This was literally my face while reading OP post.
Aug 24, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2019
What's with MAL today? Currently there are three threads beside each other that are about BL and gay stuff. I don't hate it, it's just bizarre.
Aug 24, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
My takeaway from this thread is that I should make a new thread to answer the question: Why do some gay people want straight people to want gay people to want straight people to watch gay intended animes?
Aug 24, 2020 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
operationvalkyri said:
My takeaway from this thread is that I should make a new thread to answer the question: Why do some gay people want straight people to want gay people to want straight people to watch gay intended animes?
please make it it would be hillarious
Aug 24, 2020 8:15 AM

May 2020
Boys love is the thing i have always hated this is shit lesbian better than gay

Aug 24, 2020 8:18 AM

Dec 2018
I've watched a lot of Yuri's and I say many of those are rather aimed at people like me then for lesbians. Same as lesbian porn often are aimed at straight males rather then lesbians

The anime industry have a tendency to fetish lesbianism and serve it on a silver platter.Which is not always appreciated by real lesbians. But the anime industry doesn't care because as I said they are often not the target

Yuri-CrusaderAug 24, 2020 11:10 AM
Aug 24, 2020 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Zehennagel said:
operationvalkyri said:
please make it it would be hillarious

Haha, I just wanted to post this to roast you, OP, but you got me. Now don't make silly claims anymore.
Aug 24, 2020 8:28 AM

Feb 2016
Outside from the gay/lesbian romance, there are some great plots behind certain anime that are often overlooked due to it being Yaoi/Yuri. Given, No.6, Yuri Kuma Arashi, etc. All have great plots, characters, music, etc. So I can understand if they just want to spread the word of things they like.

I'm personally only into Yuri, but if one of my Gay/Fujoshi friends recommend me a BL that outside of its romance has a deep plot or something, then I give it a try.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 24, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 2012
Not sure but so far I've only come across fujoshis who kind of get aggressive when I say I don't want to watch BL.
Aug 24, 2020 8:56 PM

Feb 2016
Thread locked for rule #5 of the Anime Discussion board.

Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

30 by FZREMAKE »»
21 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

93 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 56 minutes ago

16 by Coaghim »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 2 hours ago

4 by TsutanaiFuun »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

124 by Matt_MurD0CK »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.