Forum Settings
Forums

Do You Have Your First Anime Ever So Dear To Your Heart Compared to Others?

New
Aug 23, 2020 9:50 AM

Oct 2009
Naturally, you have such a strong connection between you and the first Anime you've ever watch and could stick around almost forever with you.

My first Anime ever is Grendizer and I still love the HELL out of this show. And yes, it was made in the 70's and the animation/art-style is dated but still can't help the emotional connection that I have. There are things you really love that doesn't much sense because it has an emotional connection.

The series is a mecha and there are plenty of better ones out there but still the battles in that show are so fun to watch and still feels as intense as the first time that I watch them. It's still a masterpiece for me. I still have the series as a 10/10 because of my everlasting love to this series.

How about you? What do you think of the first Anime series/movie that you've watch and do you still have strong emotions to it?
Aug 23, 2020 10:08 AM

May 2015
I can't even tell which show was my first Anime. It's either Sonic X or Shaman King. I know for a fact I watched Sonic X first, however, I'm not too certain on how willing I am to consider Sonic X a fullblown Anime, but, then again, that could very well be my embarrassment talking...

Sonic X kickstarted my interest in the artstyle; which, at the time, I didn't know was regarded as "Anime". Shortly after that I started Shaman King (with the horrendous dub) whilst also knowing this time that it was an "Anime", and I loved the absolute hell out of it at the time. It made me realise that there was such a thing out there (Anime) that was exactly what I seek in my entertainment: Stylish, Adventure-filled, intriguing, Emphasis on character-design. I loved it. And I am definitely thankful to that series for giving me a tour of what Anime was all about. So yes, I have a strong emotional attachment to it.

tl;dr boring story is boring.
Aug 23, 2020 11:45 AM

Jun 2007
My first was the original sailor moon and I never loved it and still don't. I was 11 and anime was barely accessible in the US so it was a cool novelty that also had cute fun girls so it was easy to get into as a kid and enjoy. It is a good show and historically important to the medium, but it's not a favorite or anything I think about ever.

I never had strong emotional ties to it beyond nostalgia due to how young I was and it being my first dip into what became my life. But the show itself never meant much to me at all.
Aug 23, 2020 11:48 AM
Apr 2020
simonitro said:
Naturally, you have such a strong connection between you and the first Anime you've ever watch and could stick around almost forever with you.

My first Anime ever is Grendizer and I still love the HELL out of this show. And yes, it was made in the 70's and the animation/art-style is dated but still can't help the emotional connection that I have. There are things you really love that doesn't much sense because it has an emotional connection.

The series is a mecha and there are plenty of better ones out there but still the battles in that show are so fun to watch and still feels as intense as the first time that I watch them. It's still a masterpiece for me. I still have the series as a 10/10 because of my everlasting love to this series.

How about you? What do you think of the first Anime series/movie that you've watch and do you still have strong emotions to it?
Personally there is byeblade metal series and all the inazuma series that i love so much and i watch till now but when i discovered what s actually anime i am not saying this aren't anime but i mean when i found out what it really is the first anime that i watched after finding out waas fairy tail and to this day it still is my favorite anime
Aug 23, 2020 11:56 AM

Mar 2020
Nope, Noragami is not worth praising.
I respect it, it was my first anime, but i have no connection with it.

Aug 23, 2020 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
My first anime is DB (not DBZ), I liked it but now, only some arcs were enjoyable for me. I still follow DBS but I don't feel anything special about it. Now I'm just finishing rewatching escaflowne, it's as great as I remember, I enjoy a show for what it is not for how I felt the first time.
Aug 23, 2020 12:08 PM

Oct 2019
My first anime was Sao and let me just say now
I DO NOT want to go back to those times
I see dead people
Aug 23, 2020 12:17 PM

Aug 2018
Yup, I got into anime with Death Note. When I watched it at the time, I was blown away, the story, characters, pacing, visuals everything was so amazing.
3-4 years later after watching a lot more anime, I revisited death note and I can safely say it still holds up very well. I know stuff goes to shit after episode 25 but it's not that bad honestly.
It's natural that you would hold your first anime dear to yourself.

Why do you hate cats?

β™«
Aug 23, 2020 12:28 PM

May 2020
I don't know which exactly anime was my first. There were many that I saw as a kid such as: DBZ , Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade, Bakugan, Maya the Bee, and some Ghibli movies. I remeber enjoying them, but I don't have any connection with them now.

Except some OPs from those shows.
Aug 23, 2020 12:29 PM
Nov 2019
Yep,my first anime were the world god only knows and Charlotte and I hold them very close to my heart and nao tomori and keima katsuragi are one of my all time favourite anime characters
Aug 23, 2020 12:34 PM

Jan 2020
My first actual anime was Deathnote. And to this day, it's still one of my top 3 anime of all time.

However, I did watch Beyblade, Pokemon and DBZ before that without knowing that it was an "anime" and didn't know what an "anime" was so I didn't count them
Aug 23, 2020 3:47 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
It depends kind of what is considered as my first anime, because of course before I knew what anime was I watched shows like Pokemon, Ginga nagareboshi Gin, Moomins etc. which are all shows I loved back then and still do, but my first anime when I knew what anime was was Fairy tail and it is probably still my favorite anime ever. My friend recommended watching anime through Fairy tail and I binged it in a week.
Aug 23, 2020 4:42 PM
Jul 2020
My first was One Piece but I don’t put it over others because it was my first, I put it over others because of how good it is.
Aug 23, 2020 6:09 PM

Aug 2010
The first anime that I recognize as anime was Cardcaptor Sakura, and yes I still love this anime more than many newer anime I watched.
Aug 23, 2020 10:10 PM

Aug 2016
Before even seeing this thread, I actually just discovered today (legitimately within an hour of this post) that the first anime (at least MAL definition) that I watched was Old Master Q

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30095/Qi_Cai_Lao_Fu_Zi

Never bothered to actually look this up during my entire tenure until today when I was on a walk and talking about this show with family and then got curious.

It definitely holds close to my heart. Had some good times rewatching this over and over again as a kid. Might actually do a rewatch in the near future.
Aug 24, 2020 4:09 AM

Jun 2015
Petite Princess Yucie is incredibly near and dear to me. Shame not many other people seem to think the same. It's the best thing to ever come out of Gainax if you ask me

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Aug 24, 2020 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
Not quite. The anime which is closest to my heart, Lain, is in fact the first TV anime I watched in its entirety with subtitles. Angel's Egg, whose imagery drew me towards the medium but I didn't get to watch properly until much later, and my first OVA series, Gunbuster, are also very special to me. But my first few actual anime which i watched were all films, which while good, I do tend to mostly forget about nowadays.
Aug 24, 2020 4:47 AM

Mar 2020
I might if I only I knew the first anime I've seen.
Aug 24, 2020 5:33 AM

Jul 2019
I guess. My first anime was One Piece and I Still like it. Well, the show itself is good.
Aug 24, 2020 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
I don't remember the first one I watched. Must have been Sailor Moon or Pokémon on TV. Or literally anything else.
Aug 24, 2020 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
I consider first proper anime with plenty of drama, character development and a continuous storyline to be Candy Candy. Getter Robo was far too monster of the day, plus we did not receive all episodes, only first 12. While Nils, Maya the Bee and others looked more western in approach without the known tropes.

Candy is still a classic holding very well. Do not know any other shojo adaptation with over 115 episodes and unedited as well in the dubs. The ratings were very high and was watched by both adults and kids, boys and girls. I think it was the first series that made anime worldwide in a proper sense.

Aug 24, 2020 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
Excluding the usual stuff like Pokemon, before I knew what anime really was - Tokyo Ghoul was the first anime I watched. It's certainly dear to my heart and I can never hate it despite also being a manga reader, just because I watched it with my friends during one of the best parts of my life and that was when I was back in school and met my bf. We also started talking more/about anime after he saw me watching Tokyo Ghoul in school c:
Aug 24, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah, I still really like Bleach nowadays despite all its flaws

It's not even in my favourites though, it's just pure nostalgia here
Aug 24, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
If we're talking about childhood anime, Dinosaur King, Hamtaro and especially Pokemon are incredibly dear to me. I really don't care how stupid they are, I still love them with everything I have and would consider any one of them a favourite simply from how much I indulge in nostalgia.

As for anime I deliberately found on my own, Kotoura-San isn't exactly praise worthy.
removed-userAug 24, 2020 9:23 AM
Aug 24, 2020 9:20 AM

Apr 2020
The first anime I watched consciously knowing it was anime was JoJo, so I don't know if I have strong emotional connections to the show. I just look back at the shenanigans and laugh
it's over | we're so back | don't take this too seriously

Aug 24, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2018
Koe no katachi was my first anime ever and I still love it even after rewatching it 4-5 times.
Aug 24, 2020 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
Not my first anime ever but Angel Beats was one of the first really good shows I saw back when I became consciously aware that I'm watching anime. That one will always hold a special place in my heart and is still one of my favorites.
Aug 24, 2020 9:26 AM

Dec 2019
before turning into a weeb, I watched the classic Yu-Gi-Oh! in high school after watching some episodes in childhood, and I prefer not to watch again now 5 years later because it is not that good and I carry a great nostalgia feeling everytime I remember it

however my first anime into becoming a weeb was SAO, and I kinda dont care about it

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

32 by BatoKusanagi »»
5 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 7 minutes ago

0 by VeryRedBags »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

85 by Hitagi__Furude »»
9 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 8 hours ago

16 by nyugvo6 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.