Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2020 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Frenda sold her personality very well. I love how in the heat of moments, they managed to add elements of comedy and even a dropkick into the action lol

The fight lives up to my expectations with the dolls and Frenda's skills. Seems they're also setting up already for the next episode by the storytelling direction of this arc. So nice again to see Frenda in this franchise. Kakine Teitoku also makes a cameo.
Aug 21, 2020 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
Sad episode knowing what happens.

Esp gut-wrenching was saten waiting for frenda looking at her phone without getting a reply then the chime, she thinks it’s frenda for the meeting that they promised to each other but it’s just uiharu.

Those who watched Index III And read the novels know what that 1 one week timeskip means.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Aug 21, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2010
Well that was a pretty cruel thing tho do wel both Frenda and the other girls where creal to begine with.
But it seems the hunt failed tho that was already known.

The question remains of what do they want to do with those cards and are those cards really worth killing for.
Aug 21, 2020 7:17 AM

Nov 2007
Sniper not only the weapon (hidden), but also to be able to investigate where she escaped...

At first she got the wrong one, the chubby guy. Poor guy.

She missed a chance to follow them when she saw her classmates.

Level 0 girl agreed to be decoy, w. toys which made her think it's bombs. That made blond hair girl found her because she is the only one who hide from it.

Little bombs surprised her, but she is heavily damaged. With the gas and broken mirror, blond hair girl won.

The enemy team is looking for the dream card?! That sniper girl is alive but has her face burn from the bombs...

Level 0 girl is lonely waiting for blond hair girl coming and level 1 girl is the one who came.

Main 4 w. Misaki girl next. Doppelganger?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2020 7:23 AM

Jul 2012
The fight Frenda vs Yumiya looked great, Frenda the hunter!

The ending was so sad, Saten =(

Aug 21, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2016
Before saying anything, RIP Rakko and Fren/da (Lol).

As for the episode itself, it's good as usual and I enjoyed the fight scenes a lot (There's nothing more I can say about it lol). They really trying so hard to remove all of Fukiyose's screentime and replaces her with someone else in the anime (Not that I'm against the change).

As for a certain scene, I already expected this would happen but still lol at how J.C couldn't even got which arm did Uiharu broke right in between two series. It's even worse since Index III released long after Frenda vs Rakko chapters released and yet they still can't get this mirror detail correctly.

Index III:

Railgun T:
Aug 21, 2020 9:40 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Frenda killed that bitch Yumiya. Well, its Acamdey city and everything is possible.

Kakine Teitoku is here.

Saten waiting for Frenda at the end.

Aug 21, 2020 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome job by JC staff with this episode. Was engaging from beginning to end. The fight between sniper and Frenda was really cool and loved the tactics used. I’m a big Frenda fan so it’s always good to see her getting shine. Too bad she and Saten never got to have that dinner 😔
Aug 21, 2020 10:03 AM

Sep 2014
My heart is broken... RIP
Aug 21, 2020 10:17 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
My delay in watching Index III keeps coming back to bite me! It looks like I wasn't forgetting Uiharu being injured at the fire in the park and instead it happened in a different anime.

Frenda is absolutely vicious. This really was a tortoise and the hare story, where sniper girl completely blew it by haring off for a moment to dream about spending time with friends. That would have been fine with a normal quarry, but Frenda isn't the type of turtle that you can flip on its back and forget about it. I'd love to know how Yobou managed to pull off rescuing sniper girl as she was falling to her death in a storm of bombs with some extras stuffed in her mouth. He must be a pretty impressive guy.

Also, it's sad that it looks like the nicely prepared mackaral dinner turned out to be a red herring and Frenda didn't show up. At least Saten doesn't have to eat it alone.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 21, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2018
To Aru become edgy and author killing off Frederica is the biggest mistake this franchise ever make. RIP.
Aug 21, 2020 10:26 AM

Oct 2019
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

As for the episode itself, it's good as usual and I enjoyed the fight scenes a lot (There's nothing more I can say about it lol). They really trying so hard to remove all of Fukiyose's screentime and replaces her with someone else in the anime (Not that I'm against the change).

As for a certain scene, I already expected this would happen but still lol at how J.C couldn't even got which arm did Uiharu broke right in between two series. It's even worse since Index III released long after Frenda vs Rakko chapters released and yet they still can't get this mirror detail correctly.

Index III:

Railgun T:

I think the reason to that is because the person who voiced Fukiyose is currently on an indefinite hiatus. I didn’t remember much about her so I don’t really mind.
Aug 21, 2020 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
The fights this season have been pretty great, even when not being focused on the main fighters of the series.

Real shame what happens to Frenda. Though I'm not sure what the exact dates are for the incidents as I don't particularly pay attention to them, I'm assuming within that week is when it happens. I would have definitely cared more for her more back when I watched Index III if this had aired first. Makes me curious whether Saten does ever learn what happens about her.
PaulAug 21, 2020 10:48 AM
Aug 21, 2020 10:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a rollercoaster of an episode this was! We're finally into the crunch of the Dream Ranker Arc now, and it is absolutely fab!

Frenda vs. the Sniper, obviously the highlight of this episode, was incredible, possibly the best one-on-one battle we've had this season! Seriously though, the blend of witty tactics you'd expect from the Underground, antics of the characters along with the occasional comedic bits and finally the glorious animation was just 10/10 material. Fudging lit!

And then the end there with the little enticing trap, well played Frenda! I suppose the lack of oxygen made the Sniper a little desperate and hence vulnerable there, that's a member of ITEM for you.

Yikes, Saten-san's scene at the end there though. Academy City, you can never one-up this town. I honestly didn't feel too much for her during her demise in Index III but this definitely hit the spot, good lord.

On another note, finally the 2nd ranked's reappearance. Certainly didn't expect him to be the mastermind behind all this, damn where is this even going now! Can't wait for more!

Edit: Index III Episode 6. Yup, had to check a few details from there and I'm glad to say that I can finally see the full picture now. RIP Frieda, Kakine is definitely not someone to bat an eye on. More relevance to Uiharu's injury too, albeit wrong arm lol, thanks to that very person. I wonder if he'll a cameo here...
_MushiRock11_Aug 21, 2020 11:30 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 21, 2020 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
Knowing about Frenda's fate in Index 3 and then seeing Uiharu's broken arm at the last part.....ooooof that actually stings.

Frenda was a side character I found fun as part of that antagonistic group, but damn she got more fleshed out in such a short span of time through just her wholesome interactions with Saten.

This makes me even more upset at the Index 3 anime, ngl.
Aug 21, 2020 10:45 AM
Aug 2018
That was sad towards the end. Once I saw Uiharu in the arm sling I knew Saten would never get the chance to eat with Frenda again :(
Aug 21, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2019
This episode was fire. Fight scene again better than most fights in Index. JC pls.

Aside from that, Saten being unaware of Frenda's fate is quite sad to see.
Aug 21, 2020 12:15 PM

Dec 2019
Question:
Aug 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2019
Rasczl said:
Question:
Aug 21, 2020 12:21 PM

Dec 2019
misaka-9982 said:
Rasczl said:
Question:

Alright thank you good to know
Aug 21, 2020 12:24 PM

Jan 2020
Poor Saten. One week waiting for nothing. My heart break for this scene
Aug 21, 2020 1:24 PM
Jan 2014
Gorochu said:
To Aru become edgy and author killing off Frederica is the biggest mistake this franchise ever make. RIP.

Pretty much this. Great ep and it was great to see her fleshed out but it just reminded me of the disaster that is Index S3 and her completely edgy and meaningless death, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Not to mention all the other problems Index has, some of it was obviously due to them rushing through so much content in so few episodes but the story in general really went down the drain and it spent so much time focusing on characters I could care less about, all the random groups with weird names seeing who can be the most edgy. So far Railgun has stayed amazing if not gotten better with this latest season so I really hope it too doesn't jump the shark in any potential future seasons.
Aug 21, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
The whole fight between Frenda and Yumiya was thrilling and brutal. Not to mention, the animation was, once again, really good, too. =)

The way Frenda finished off the fight by stuffing the small bombs inside Yumiya's mouth, before proceeding to kick her out of the window, throw down a bunch of her explosive dolls before saying "Ha det bra", and finally turning around and setting off the explosives reaches a high level of badass.

However, the one-week time skip gave me that feeling of sadness. The last scene of this episode happens after what happens in episode 6 of Index III (correct me if I'm wrong here), who anyone who watched Index III knows EXACTLY what happens before this last scene. It also explains why Uiharu got an arm injury, too.

If only Saten knew the truth as to why she never got a reply from Frenda...
Aug 21, 2020 1:59 PM

Nov 2019
What a neatly handled episode! It played out intensely and I loved it.

Bye Frenda. I can guess Railfags will ignore that Railgun arcs with Frenda weren't even written when she was introduced as a minor character in OT15. It is Kamachi's expertise to use Railgun to expand on her character and make us sympathise.

The real stuff starts next week...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 21, 2020 2:16 PM

Aug 2020
I remember how I felt about Fre/nda's death back in Index III. Nothing to be honest but after watching this episode, it's really tragic and sad. Just 5 episodes left and can't wait for next week's episode.

5/5
Aug 21, 2020 2:17 PM
Apr 2019
What a great battle episode between frenda and rakko, with an engaging cat and mouse hunt leading to a straight brawl.

Knowing what happens, feel really bad for saten because her and frenda had great chemistry and wouldve been really good friends.

Excited for the next episode with mikoto and misaki interacting with each other again and the funny banter that will come from that!
Aug 21, 2020 2:42 PM
Oct 2019
Gorochu said:

FirionHope said:

Pretty much this. Great ep and it was great to see her fleshed out but it just reminded me of the disaster that is Index S3 and her completely edgy and meaningless death, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Not to mention all the other problems Index has, some of it was obviously due to them rushing through so much content in so few episodes but the story in general really went down the drain and it spent so much time focusing on characters I could care less about, all the random groups with weird names seeing who can be the most edgy. So far Railgun has stayed amazing if not gotten better with this latest season so I really hope it too doesn't jump the shark in any potential future seasons.

Originally, Frenda died in the same volume she was introduced in. She was in like one scene in the LN before she died. She was just some nobody character that got murdered to show how crazy Mugino is, she only got actual stuff added on to her character later.
Aug 21, 2020 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
The Fight between Frenda and Rakko was great, lived up to the expectations I have from Railgun these days. Frenda again with the clever use of her bombs and traps to get the upperhand. Well, it did cost a whole department store..

Frenda putting those bombs into Rakko's mouth was brutal and I honestly didn't expect her to survive that. It did cost her a lot of her face though, but I mean could be worse.

AcceleratorAngel said:
Sad episode knowing what happens.

Esp gut-wrenching was saten waiting for frenda looking at her phone without getting a reply then the chime, she thinks it’s frenda for the meeting that they promised to each other but it’s just uiharu.

Those who watched Index III And read the novels know what that 1 one week timeskip means.

Meta_Yoshi said:

However, the one-week time skip gave me that feeling of sadness. The last scene of this episode happens after what happens in episode 6 of Index III (correct me if I'm wrong here), who anyone who watched Index III knows EXACTLY what happens before this last scene. It also explains why Uiharu got an arm injury, too.

If only Saten knew the truth as to why she never got a reply from Frenda...

Oh shit, so THAT is why she didn't show up for dinner at Saten's place. I honestly didn't realise that at all until you guys pointed it out. Damn that's harsh for Saten, she had just made a new friend.. Man, now that I realized that, the ending of this episode really makes me sad. I can also guess Saten will never find out the truth.
Aug 21, 2020 2:58 PM
Mar 2019
Me after watching this episode:
Aug 21, 2020 2:58 PM
Jan 2014
Survivor454 said:
Gorochu said:

FirionHope said:

Originally, Frenda died in the same volume she was introduced in. She was in like one scene in the LN before she died. She was just some nobody character that got murdered to show how crazy Mugino is, she only got actual stuff added on to her character later.

that actually explains a lot, thanks. Still not a fan of it but it makes more sense, I forgot she didnt really appear in index before then.
Aug 21, 2020 3:56 PM
Apr 2019
Is it true that Frenda died in an index arc? I do not know what the purpose of her death was and it is quite horrible that it happens off-screen in this series especially with Saten who was waiting for her for dinner, it seems that she will never find out what happened to her 😭

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Aug 21, 2020 4:02 PM
Jul 2016
This fight is better than God of High Schools fights. There was meaning behind the fight, stakes and urgency. I don't like how the sniper got 'ex-machinad' out of the explosion or the endless runway in the mall but overall it was great.
Aug 21, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2019
she never got to eat that canned mackerel with saten damn pain.
Aug 21, 2020 5:04 PM

May 2018
That was an incredible fight, I felt the tension as Frenda and Saten tried to outrun that assassin, and then the one on one match between her and Frenda.

Well done!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 21, 2020 5:04 PM
Aug 2016
What can i say, 5/5 as well.

Between Yumiya's sniper-accurate quotes (
), Frenda's big brain trick, the mammyjamming fight that spends so much on the sakuga that it balances it with the good ol' $0 [right click>invert colors] animator jutsu, that delightfully violent finish of no-respect, the little moments like Saten being happy, and finally Darth Yumiya, that sure was one ride of an entertaining episode for me.

A bit too much actually - i have to go to sleep, and yet here i am, hyped by a next episode that won't come out before next week.

Still won't stop me from claiming Kakine's BFF on mywaifulist before going to bed, since i'm starting to like her a lot despite her low screentime.
Aug 21, 2020 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
Frenda vs Yumiya was lit af 🔥🔥🔥 The friendships between members of Misaka's group and ITEM are also very interesting, albeit quite sad for Frenda.
Aug 21, 2020 5:36 PM

May 2019
A good rush of adrenaline. That last move with the thermobaric bombs ... The medicine in Academy City was also surprising, with that explosion I was sure that she had died (or maybe the 2nd level 5 did something).

Frenda's death between Season 3 of Index and this one was pretty well spun.
Aug 21, 2020 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Gorochu said:

Lmao please. That's a good one. She's a minor fucking character. It's far from the biggest mistake.

Not to mention, she works for the dark side and basically betrayed ITEM.

Inb4 someone goes "But wait, she's a cute girl!" Yeah no, that shit don't work here. She works for the dark side and has very likely committed all kinds of crimes.

Aug 21, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
Frenda vs Yumiya was super lit and despite knowing both their fates it was still super tense but i'm confused did Yumiya die after her fight because as far as i remember in the BR arc she was already gone and replaced ,was kinda surprised to see her still was intact outside of her lower face..yikes

still haven't forgotten how dirty they did Frenda it would've been fine if railgun didn't give us so much of her
Aug 21, 2020 8:04 PM

Oct 2013
I felt both glad to see Frenda shine in the battle with Yumiya and sad at the same time, knowing that we won't see her again...
Aug 21, 2020 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
I am not a fan of the Index series, so I didn't watch Index. I had no idea that Frenda met such a fate until I read the posts here :( No wonder she never replied.

Other than that, really great fight scene. It really did feel like hunting, except with the hunter becoming the hunted.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 21, 2020 9:53 PM

Aug 2017
Frenda vs Yumiya was amazing and well done, I quite liked the way Frenda managed to defeat Rakko, putting explosives in her mouth. That Komoe and Himegami cameo was a nice addition to laugh a bit hahahaha.

As of this episode the timeline of Railgun has officially progressed beyond Index III episode 6 cuz Uiharu's arm injury and Frenda not responding to Saten anymore.

NurguburuAug 21, 2020 10:02 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2020 10:02 PM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Index III:

Railgun T:

Although it is true that JC did fk up, but to be fair to Nagai Tatsuyuki, Railgun is the one that actually got it right. It was Index 3 and the production team over there whom fked up that scene. In the novel it is said that the right shoulder of Uiharu that got broken, but Index 3 got it wrong, and Railgun corrected it now.
Aug 21, 2020 10:02 PM

Aug 2020
Fre nda-chan *cryface
how did i get here;
Aug 21, 2020 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
Great fight School is using the cards
Aug 22, 2020 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
wait, so that ending, when frenda didnt reply, that's when she died ?

why the author killed her and showed us this scene ffs. seriously frenda and kuroko could made a badass duet. this is sad. frenda and saten have a pretty good chemistry together tho. i still dont understand the reason why mugino killed her. all i know was that she betrayed her,and she was forced to, not because she wanted to. i hate this feeling omg hahahaha
Aug 22, 2020 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
that was a great deathmatch between Frenda vs Rakko!!!
5/5.

Aug 22, 2020 1:45 AM
Oct 2019
This episode.
Railgun-only: why are you crying, why
Toaru-fans: Ha det bra, she's gone.
Aug 22, 2020 2:26 AM

Aug 2009
YizelTro said:
i still dont understand the reason why mugino killed her. all i know was that she betrayed her,and she was forced to, not because she wanted to.

Have you seen Mugino?On her normal days she makes Accelerator seem like a stable person.
Index 3 spoiler:

Aug 22, 2020 3:48 AM
Jan 2014
RIP Frenda, Rakko, and guy with the head circle thing.
He was only shown briefly in Index, I didn't even know he's a pretty important character.
Honestly Index 3 Battle Royale was really toned down, I just read that Kakine was slaughtered by Accel in that fight, the anime showed different conclusion.
zenograffAug 22, 2020 4:07 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Aug 7, 2020

54 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.