Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2020 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very tense match between the two teams. You can see Sora trying his hardest out there and their coach watching closely.

I love the usual comical chemistry outside the court though. As tense as this episode is, there's still moments to collectively gather thoughts after the match. Sora has a load on his mind that he needs to focus on including his future.
Aug 19, 2020 4:32 AM
Oct 2016
Nao at the end of the last episode was right. This is getting bad. Kuzu is playing their hearts out with that best lineup but it's still not enough. Taiei is crushing them plain and simple. Pulling away by 20 points in the second quarter? Man, I don't wanna say it's over but, ya know, yeah. If you're down by over 30 points at the half then it's basically over. I don't see these boys as being mountain climbers. To overcome a deficit like that would take perfect play from Kuzu and a complete implosion by Taiei which I don't see happening. Maybe our boys can make it respectable but winning I just don't see it.

Even with Mokichi and Tobi out there Kuzu is struggling like no one's business. Can't make any shots, can't get any rebounds, can't stop Taiei from scoring at all. Hyou dunking like a madman was dope tho!! We saw him do it before against Kitasumi but here holy shit he's got hops! Dude can ball and he's not the only one. Their star Sakurai has taken a backseat and the guy Sora is guarding has shown his stuff with those shots. The big man for Taiei named Yakuma nailing that three liking like a unicorn shocked me as much as it did the Kuzu team, don't see that too often. I hope that Sora can rally the troops and those words about his mom don't get to him. Now it looks like he'll be talking to Yozan before the second half begins.
Aug 19, 2020 5:34 AM

Oct 2017
At this point it's kinda funny to watch them get their ass kicked hard.
Aug 19, 2020 5:53 AM

Mar 2016
They're done, there's just no way for Kuzu to even reduce the score.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Aug 19, 2020 6:10 AM
Jun 2017
Well lets just face it, their enemy is too much for their level.. skill wise alone and coaching wise, they are outmatched.

with that 62-31 score where they are trailing badly... and with that kind of play style they are getting... theyre lucky if that lead will even lessen to a respectable lead..

anyways atleast they have experienced a match up like that... they will learn many things from it
Aug 19, 2020 6:58 AM
Sep 2015
Hmmm this episode has disconnected editing sequence a lot!
And the match is like a team from realism sports anime vs. a team from superhuman sports anime.
So far so good, as we already conclude that our team will lose but the club will continue (somehow), the only downside is that basketball is not a shirtless sport.
Aug 19, 2020 9:56 AM
May 2019
At this point ,the show is getting boring episode after episode !
killing sora's mom was a fucking mistake !
Anime after 44 episode , only 6 episode to end the first season and there is no improvement at all in the team ... only 1 or 2 players , the rest is garbage !!!!
Aug 19, 2020 10:13 AM
Jun 2012
I wasnt expecting much from this match at all yet still it was hard to watch it. They were getting decimated.
Aug 19, 2020 12:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I don't blame the teachers for walking out in the middle of the game. It's like watching an NBA team full of All-Stars take on a high school team. Kuzu can't even buy a basket when they need it the most and no rebounds means no second chance points for them to make a comeback run. Taiei is just dominating in every aspect of the game and there is nothing that Kuzu can do about it. One of the things that bothers me about Kuzu is that they have no depth in their lineup. They don't have anyone that can sub in for Sora or Kite and give those guys a break for a couple of minutes.
Aug 19, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
I guess this game will take up the rest of the episodes.

50 episodes, and they have only played what? 3-4 games?

Is it must me or does the short dude for the other team..the one with the cooler at the end look like Madoka?
Aug 19, 2020 1:58 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
HOOfan_1 said:

Is it must me or does the short dude for the other team..the one with the cooler at the end look like Madoka?

He does look like Madoka towards the end. Maybe they are related somehow.
Aug 19, 2020 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
I like Mokichi but this poor guy is unlucky as hell, I want to see him shine a bit more. The episode was quite boring at some points, by the way.
Aug 19, 2020 6:51 PM

Aug 2018
6 more episodes to reverse the trend : I just want to realize I watched a 50-episodes show where the protagonists actually win a game

About this episode, it was pretty much the hurricane in Kuzu High's face...
Aug 20, 2020 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
As expected Kuzu is getting overwhelmed!
looks like this basketball show is all about pitiful failures!
4/5.

Aug 20, 2020 8:20 PM

Nov 2018
AddaeAkono said:
I don't blame the teachers for walking out in the middle of the game. It's like watching an NBA team full of All-Stars take on a high school team. Kuzu can't even buy a basket when they need it the most and no rebounds means no second chance points for them to make a comeback run. Taiei is just dominating in every aspect of the game and there is nothing that Kuzu can do about it. One of the things that bothers me about Kuzu is that they have no depth in their lineup. They don't have anyone that can sub in for Sora or Kite and give those guys a break for a couple of minutes.

Yeah, that was sad to see the teachers walking out and giving up on them. Who could possibly be their advisor now? 🤔 I liked seeing the Taiei coach give advice to Sora though since he knew his mom. 🙂
Aug 20, 2020 8:22 PM

Nov 2018
Otorez said:
6 more episodes to reverse the trend : I just want to realize I watched a 50-episodes show where the protagonists actually win a game

About this episode, it was pretty much the hurricane in Kuzu High's face...

Whoa, I just realized... Kuzu actually never won a single game in this entire series so far? 😮 They definitely aren't winning this one against Taiei either unless something ridiculous happens.
Aug 20, 2020 8:23 PM

Nov 2018
HectorBlaze said:
I like Mokichi but this poor guy is unlucky as hell, I want to see him shine a bit more. The episode was quite boring at some points, by the way.

I like Mokichi, too! Hope he can overcome his endurance problems soon. It's kind of tiring always seeing him get tired out so easily. 😅
Aug 20, 2020 8:25 PM

Nov 2018
HOOfan_1 said:

Yeah, I didn't realize that it took almost 50 episodes to show like 4 games or so. What the heck happened? 😅

I agree the player at the end looks like Madoka. 😂
Aug 20, 2020 8:30 PM

Nov 2018
Dukino said:
Nao at the end of the last episode was right. This is getting bad. Kuzu is playing their hearts out with that best lineup but it's still not enough. Taiei is crushing them plain and simple. Pulling away by 20 points in the second quarter? Man, I don't wanna say it's over but, ya know, yeah. If you're down by over 30 points at the half then it's basically over. I don't see these boys as being mountain climbers. To overcome a deficit like that would take perfect play from Kuzu and a complete implosion by Taiei which I don't see happening. Maybe our boys can make it respectable but winning I just don't see it.

Even with Mokichi and Tobi out there Kuzu is struggling like no one's business. Can't make any shots, can't get any rebounds, can't stop Taiei from scoring at all. Hyou dunking like a madman was dope tho!! We saw him do it before against Kitasumi but here holy shit he's got hops! Dude can ball and he's not the only one. Their star Sakurai has taken a backseat and the guy Sora is guarding has shown his stuff with those shots. The big man for Taiei named Yakuma nailing that three liking like a unicorn shocked me as much as it did the Kuzu team, don't see that too often. I hope that Sora can rally the troops and those words about his mom don't get to him. Now it looks like he'll be talking to Yozan before the second half begins.

If anything, I think they'll score some points, but I definitely don't think they're winning this game either. Yakuma's humility and hard work makes him really likable. I loved watching him nail that three, too!

I imagine Yozan and Sora's talk is going to fire up both of them since they're both short but skilled players with something to prove, and the second half will be more interesting than the first half's stomp.
Aug 21, 2020 7:10 AM
Oct 2016
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
Dukino said:

If anything, I think they'll score some points, but I definitely don't think they're winning this game either. Yakuma's humility and hard work makes him really likable. I loved watching him nail that three, too!

I imagine Yozan and Sora's talk is going to fire up both of them since they're both short but skilled players with something to prove, and the second half will be more interesting than the first half's stomp.

I hope they can both learn from each other being in similar positions
Aug 21, 2020 1:44 PM

Jul 2016
Well, if the idea of Kuzu winning was already hard to believe, now it's practically impossible. Yeah, they're screwed.

Oh well, at least the team and Nao particularly will learn some pretty important things from this match.
Aug 22, 2020 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
welp just when I thought mayyyyybe they have a chance at this game for a change, nope, back to the same old stuff. Take 1 step forward and like 60 steps back. Seriously what was the point of that whole training montage if they're still flopping around like before lmao.

but as they always say, the match isn't over until the final whistle so who knows, maybe there will be an omega comeback
Aug 23, 2020 10:48 PM

Sep 2007
I'm surprised how many people here actually expected Kuzu to have a chance and are upset over them losing rn. This is exactly how this game should be going imo. It's a start-up team with barely enough to man the court versus a national champion-caliber team (yes, even their second string).

This is about where it should be imo, although I think the scores in general are a little high. Kuzu is outcoached and outplayed. The shining light is, however, that while Taiei is ahead, they mostly pulled that lead in a single quarter. If you can stop the leak of points and begin to score your own, you can come back. A three for every two, four points for every three, turnovers, rebounds, etc. Kuzu has twice the time, a whole half, to close the gap. They can do it, theoretically, but it starts with slowing that drain of points for Taiei.

Either way, Kuzu SHOULD lose this game, Taiei is simply better. But I would like for them to gain some ground back and at least threaten a comeback. I think that would boost their confidence going into their next game and training circuit.
Aug 24, 2020 2:04 PM

Jul 2008
Not sure why people expected a win. They have zero bench and playing a team that's good enough for nationals.

The fire in the clubhouse was a mistake. It really slowed down the pacing of the show and doesn't offer up anything to move the story forward other than finding a new advisor who we never really saw in the first place. Just pointless.

They should have scratched that entire plot point and done a time skip to a point where they picked up a couple new players and improved as a team. Maybe the following school year.

Really enjoy the characters, but I gotta downgrade my score some here from a 7 to 6. 44 eps in and really feel like little progress has been made.
Sep 11, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
I know the basketball plays in this anime are just slide shows, but this one was especially bad. No effort put in the animation at all.
It's ironic how a basketball anime is at its worst during a basketball game, but excels at character drama and interaction. Just a weird aspect bad animes have I guess.
Sep 26, 2020 8:54 AM

Jan 2016
AddaeAkono said:
HOOfan_1 said:

He does look like Madoka towards the end. Maybe they are related somehow.

That wasn't Madoka, lmao???
Sep 30, 2020 1:41 AM

Nov 2016
Why would you even become a teacher with such an attitude? Lol. But to be fair, after years of working you might not be the same person you were when you started. Many adults come off as emotionally numb when you meet them in a professional setting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 30, 2020 1:49 AM
Sep 2020
I like it nice app wow
Sep 30, 2020 1:49 AM
Sep 2020
I like it nice app dude
Oct 31, 2020 11:05 PM
Nov 2015
Funny how Fuwa said Taiei was a stepping stone for him earlier (i.e. his main goal is beyond Taiei) and then he pisses Tobi off by saying that Taiei is going to be #1 someday.. where did the false pride come from? Kinda inconsistent
Feb 17, 2021 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
This episode just pretty much confirms what we already knew, Taiei team is on another level compared to Kuzuryu. I really wonder how they are going to change the tides (I hope Momoharu can score some points)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.