Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2008 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've decided to start doing mini discussions for Strawberry Panic to raise my post count and to see what others thought. I'm sure more people are watching it now since the dvd release.

This episode introduced us to the lead girls and some delicious yuri. Hopefully it gets even better from here.
Jul 24, 2008 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
I love this anime!! i like the three types of school uniforms they look so kawaii!! nagisa-chan maked me cry from laughing so hard when she fells off the hill & met shizuma :p who wouldnt faint from shizuma xD
But seriuos when i saw this episode for the first time i thought tamoa-chan was gonna rape nagisa-chan when she locked that door....xP and that lint looked like ducktape to me xD weaaa k-k-k-kesado i love that part hehe but i still hate the interuption when shizuma was bout to kiss nagisa-chan Y_Y ( damn Miyuki why o why !! ) UP TO THE NEXT EP ..... :D:D

Grtz lsumi O(^^)O
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Jul 24, 2008 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
This is the only yuri anime I've ever watched, so the first episode was kinda awkward for me, but it was still enjoyable. And yea I thought Tamao was going to rape Nagisa, but instead she was doing something even creepier and more stalkerish
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Aug 25, 2008 7:43 PM

Mar 2008
A fairly enjoyable first episode. ^^

Awwwwww, Nagisa is so cute.
Sep 24, 2008 9:00 PM

May 2008
Oh my...all the yuri.xD

Well, this show certainly lives up to it's name. It's very entertaining.
Certainly more so than a lot of the anime I've randomly clicked on recently.

And this one is so Western that I saw them pray in giving thanks for a meal.
And that statue was either a beautified Catholic martyr, or the Godhead as a woman Goddess.

Am I gonna get to see them do the Lord's prayer at night too.xD

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 23, 2009 11:35 PM
May 2009
A lot was squeezed into this one episode. It gave you a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the series.
Aug 21, 2009 3:23 PM

Jul 2009
You simply drown in all the yuri this series contains. I look forward to that!
Check out my eurobeat guide. Who knows, you might find yourself a new favourite genre!
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=738669
Nov 5, 2009 12:32 AM

May 2009
wow that was..wierd xD for a second i thought when the gates close she would be attacked by demons or something :P and wow Etoile really seems into Nagisa xD and i go to a catholic all guys school....
Jun 3, 2010 3:39 AM
Jan 2008
Okay so this will be my first Yuri anime and I have to say so far I really like Nagisa, she is sweet and has that virginal spunk. Etoile is beautiful and obviously experianced in getting what she wants? I don't know but it seems good and onto episode 2!
Sep 1, 2010 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Somehow the combination of Church/Catholicism + Yuri makes me laugh.. and first time I saw Etoile I thought she was a man from a shoujo anime or so.. doesn't really look good in my view.
Nagisa did quite funny debut, obvious how it would go but still well staged.

Cool OP from Misato Aki and ED was also very nice.
Apr 22, 2012 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
Nagisa is so cute :)
At first I thought Shizuma is going to be cold and, well, a b1tchy girl. But instead she moves on Nagisa from the start, interesting :D It's also kind of funny to see how almost everyone seem to be lesbian :D
This is going to be my first real yuri anime, so I'm looking forward to it!
Jan 22, 2013 7:54 PM
Jul 2012
Strange episode.
That ending wtf is that?
Dat op was good.
Everyone is a lesbian? lol. That white hair girl knows how to kiss.
Hate Nagisa. Tomoe is cute.
2/5Will try at least four episodes or five to see if it's good.
Jun 19, 2013 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
I really can't stand Nagisa. She's so weak and pathetic. I hate weak heroines. She's the reason I dropped this the first time.

I really like Shizuma... she's cool and beautiful and mysterious.

I wonder if I'll get through it this time...
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 27, 2013 5:55 PM

May 2011
Well, this is my first time watching a truly yuri anime, so here I go! Nagisa seems like a cute heroine, quite likable so far. Her roommate is pretty funny, I like her as well.

Etoile, though... honestly, she looks kind of like a man. Plus she crossed the line of mysterious and went straight into creepy. :D Well, we’ll see where this goes from here.
May 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Nov 2010
That was a good start.

i'm hoping for it to get better.
May 29, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2013
Quite enjoyable episode.

OP song was nice.
Jul 21, 2014 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
The opening felt like I was watching the introduction of an eroge or something. I see they've wasted no time jumping right into the yuri, Etoile is such a tease and Nagisa is really adorable when she gets flustered up. It looks like every girl wants to hop onto Nagisa's di--ah wait, that is to say that she's got quite a following already.
Aug 16, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
I hope that I like this yuri.

Aug 22, 2014 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
Re-watch marathon. Let's see if I'll actually change my opinion by the end of the series.

I'm trying hard but it's really hard not to compare this to MariMite XD "Oh look it's a Yumi-like character.Oh it's Sei-sama! Next up is Yoshino-chan. Then it's Youko-sama! Hasekura Rei spotted!"

*clears mind*
*tries to return it to blank slate*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 27, 2014 1:38 AM

Aug 2014
lsumi said:
nagisa-chan maked me cry from laughing so hard when she fells off the hill & met shizuma :p who wouldnt faint from shizuma xD
She's intimidating! Or at least she could easily be if she wanted. She reminds me so much of Signum that I'ma look up her VA. O.o
But seriuos when i saw this episode for the first time i thought tamao-chan was gonna rape nagisa-chan when she locked that door....xP
She's such a perv! XD Meister Hayate~! I think we found another of your relatives~!
Ziljun said:
You simply drown in all the yuri this series contains.
#fact
Ratohnhaketon said:
I see they've wasted no time jumping right into the yuri, Etoile is such a tease and Nagisa is really adorable when she gets flustered up.
She's like a genki version of Fūko from Strawberry Eggs. Interesting title co-incedence, there...
It looks like every girl wants to hop onto Nagisa's di--
[size=125]#ROFL[/quote]
TBH the first ep felt a bit rushed, and I wish it wasn't so obvious just how much yuri there is/will be - I prefer having a few eps of "Ooo? Are they really?" Still, tho, this is looking like fun.

Not at all impressed by the OP and ED tho. The OP feels too much like Railgun's (which would be just fine if it actually were anything like Railgun) and the ED just makes me go "...Wut?"

Speaking of Railgun...can we get the head sister into a fight with the Tokiwadai dorm supervisor? -.- With any luck they'd mutually annihilate...
DuneflowerDec 27, 2014 2:34 AM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Dec 27, 2014 3:02 AM

Nov 2014
I adored the first episode!. i cannot wait for more of this. Etoile is a babe.I don't care how much yuri there is at the beginning. Throughout this just FIRST episode I blushed so much and squeed. I know I will be doing this for the rest of them. Or I hope so.

I was also, not feeling the ending theme song. I don't like it. It's kinda BLEH.
LadyDisraeliDec 27, 2014 3:07 AM
Feb 21, 2015 1:08 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That wink by Shizuma to Nagisa xD
She's best girl of the episode .

6pm curfew seems too early.

Feb 22, 2015 12:52 AM

Aug 2014
KawaiiKato said:
That wink by Shizuma to Nagisa xD
She's best girl of the episode .
Shizuma is to die for.

...As long as you know she's yours. Not until then.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Sep 29, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
That was such a cute opening episode! I loved it.

When Nagisa first met Shizuma and fainted because she went to kiss her! so adorable! awww.

I love the school uniforms.

Yeah 6pm curfew is way early.

Watching it thanks to Viewster <3 I love it <3
Jul 3, 2016 11:27 PM

Apr 2015
>using 3dpd for an ed
Oct 20, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2018
White haired girl isn't feeling beauty of sakura trees anymore.. Interesting start.. Like, life recently not so colorful?.. And "since when", she wonders..
Does everyone is creep in this academy, staring at that new girl silently?.. ;p First white haired one, now blue haired one.. Just kidding, of course, but just amusing little thing.. ;p
Or.. Or are they really all creeps?.. ;P
I don't like that fear in the eyes when Tamao was told that director was waiting for her..
I'm just at the edge of hysteria most of the episode.. Anime knows how to keep you tense so far.. ;p At the same time it's bizarre and funny, but can be quite serious.. Poor Nagisa got too much attention right from start, hope she gets some slack or calm later, as it's really stressful her first day..
I actually doubt that white haired girl is indeed "loved by everyone".. Sounds like it's supposed to be this way.. But supposed is one, and how it is - is another.. I actually hope she doesn't maintain that rapist atmosphere she left.. Not for her support or anything, just that I'd like her as a character more, if she wouldn't give rapist feel.. But well, only start, maybe it was just a single joke.. And she was giving other atmosphere about her as well, like at the very start of episode.. Well, will see, how she is later, but still poor Nagisa for now..
Nov 25, 2019 4:39 AM

Oct 2015
Well, that wasn't an impressive opening episode. Dry typical opening, this seems to sell fanservice or at least I hope. I mean who tries to kiss by the first day and be all up in you, also Nagisa looked uncomfortable too from Etoile's advance.

I bet it's one of those "rape Yuris". Let's see.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 21, 2020 5:47 PM

Nov 2017
Does she do that to all new students or is Nagisa special..

plz @ me
Oct 4, 2020 6:25 PM

May 2015
Re-watching this beauty after a while. God I love Nagisa. She's soo adorable!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 15, 2020 10:19 AM
Oct 2020
who tf Shizuma think she is. this bitch trying to kiss rape Nagisa. Tamao way better >>>>>>
Dec 3, 2021 4:06 PM

May 2019
I'm here for Shizuma she is so pretty

Nagisa is so adorable.

I'm already shipping them. That way Shizuma first looks at her is enchanting.
Was she just going in for a kiss straight up? Twice? Welp...

Tamao is superrrr extra and into her lol.

Nagisa...girl, you're going to have gay panic is what.
Jan 9, 2022 1:46 PM

Feb 2020
That was a good and intriguing start. Definitely better than I expected. The school and its students are somehow mysterious. I really like this atmosphere.

But wait a minute... 6pm curfew, huh? It's sooo early! :D Well, I think that's one of the reasons why the whole place feels so mysterious, haha.

I also like the characters a lot. They are all interesting in their own way. And Shizuma is obviously the most interesting of them all. She really would like to kiss Nagisa... Well, she's a very cute and likable girl after all, but her behavior is still rather odd.

It seems that Tamao is also having a crush on Nagisa... <3

Overall, a very good episode. Let's see what's next. :)
Aug 11, 2022 8:47 AM
May 2022
It was cute and interesting

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 2 Discussion

lsumi - Jul 24, 2008

29 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 12 Discussion

sifma - May 26, 2008

23 by voidintheceiling »»
Apr 10, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sifma - Jun 2, 2008

110 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:20 AM

» Strawberry Panic PS2 Poster???

Zelgadiss007 - Aug 28, 2013

5 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 25 Discussion

sifma - Jun 1, 2008

13 by Baskarite »»
Mar 6, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.