Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 15, 2020 12:36 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This episode didn't quite have the spice of the past episodes...not sure exactly why, though I will say I felt the same about the second episode, so I don't think it's necessarily a death knell for my future enjoyment.

Bibimbapski said:
His personality doesn't match up either. He's such a show off and is easily manipulated but goes on a rant on how much of a fucking piece of shit he is.

I'm personally not convinced that this is evidence of personality mismatch. Generally, those that show-off do so precisely because they aren't confident. Kazuya's weakness does seem to be a little over the top, and I certainly don't think you need to like him as a character, but I wouldn't call him inconsistent just because he shows different faces to different people.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 15, 2020 12:52 AM

Aug 2017
I liked that episode. I'm starting to like this show. Less screen time for lame MC is better. New character is re-energizing.

Mizuhara is fantastic.

Bibimbapski said:
I hate those moments when Kauzya's like "Oh I bet you hate me because I'm such a loser. I'm worthless."

Yeah that's extremely cringeworthy and unattractive.
CarbonMDAug 15, 2020 12:58 AM
Aug 15, 2020 1:05 AM
Apr 2020
Finally a got reasoning on why should Kazuya rent Chizuru, for him to grow and have experience of having a "girlfriend." But both of them sleeping in the same room? Hell no, leaving a dumbass delusional guy with a S-rank girl?

We saw a hint a for what reason Chizuru is doing this king of job. i hope that we will know the reason why sooner or later.

Ruka-chan is finally here (but I want to see Sumi-chan better tho.) That was a cute double date between them. While Ruka finding out that Chizuru is a rental girlfriend. Just being suspicious of them on why can't they kiss properly but either way even if they are a real couple it's kinda embarrasing kissing in public. I suppose that she is a rental girlfriend too based on what I saw from the preview of episode 7, she's engaging with Kazuya and then the title of the next episode Provisional Girlfriend, it's kinda obvious at this point now. Surely she has personal reason's too on why Ruka is doing this kind of job maybe for money,fame or something more personal.
Aug 15, 2020 1:10 AM

Nov 2018
Looks like the next episode's gonna be annoying asf. Gosh that Ruka chick should just disappear already.
Aug 15, 2020 1:42 AM

Jun 2020
kazuya's friends are gross which guys IRL keep making remarks about how hot their friend's girlfriend is - INFRONT OF HER????

ruka is cute but i can't wait for sumi's appearance alr! also why is she meddling into their affairs? what's it to her even if chizuru is a rental girlfriend? talk about nosy. cute but completely annoying when she asked them to kiss to prove it to her. even worse than mami, at least mami has a clear motivation/some relationship to kazu this girl comes out of nowhere & demands things from them. WORST girl.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 15, 2020 1:51 AM

Sep 2013
Really hate Kazuya self loathing / pitying stuff moreover when he's saying it in front of people (in this case Chizuru) it looks like he just want to get pity or sympathy not to self reflect, if he want to self reflect about his shortcoming, atleast dont say it out loud and act better.

Not really understand either the scene in his campus where Kazuya and Chizuru declare they prolong their dating, its not only keeping the lie and misunderstanding, now not only his circle know they dating, the whole class now know it too (maybe not whole but at least someone who doesnt know now the know), and maybe more people will also misunderstood their relation or even worst maybe someone from the class will found out they faking their relationship.

I really want to understand MC action, but the more i try the more bad his image to me.
Aug 15, 2020 1:51 AM
Apr 2020
Ruka is cute, but she seems a bit immature. I still prefer Chizuru coz she's mature, strong, kind, righteous and helping Kazuya with his growth.

But how did Ruka know that Chizuru is a rental girlfriend? Unless, Ruka herself is also a rental girlfriend.

I like that Kazuya is being more honest about his true feelings and starting to move on from his rubbish ex-gf Mami. Don't look anywhere else, Kazuya. Right Girl Chizuru is right in front of you!

I thought Kazuya will blush or something after drinking the water Chizuru gave and wil think that it's an indirect kiss. But, that fake kiss surely startled Kazuya!

Aug 15, 2020 2:19 AM

Aug 2018
F*cking FINALLY we get one of the other two girls. It seems so late to start introducing them.
It seems like they’re betting on a second season which is a risky move. There’s every chance they won’t get one, but I respect them if they feel this is best for the show’s pacing
Aug 15, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2016
Kazuya and Chizuru is acting kind of similar right now with how they are both hiding their feelings for each other. And Yui *cough* I mean Ruka has finally appeared and if we know Yui hehe which we do Ruka is going to get cucked.

I really enjoyed that episode, though I want them to just get together already this ain't that kind of anime. This is trash and so am I.
Aug 15, 2020 3:19 AM
Dec 2019
Bibimbapski said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

Yeah i hate it when a character tries to better than themselves and self-reflect. What a piece of shit for not acting like a chad

Wtf are you saying, he's always acting like a fake chad in front his ex-girlfriend and friends. Sorry your feelings were hurt because Kazuya is a shit character but not everyone likes him. He hasn't improved at all. He's still the same. He's constantly self-pitying but does nothing to progress.

My feelings ain't hurt. I just like watching you people complain about kazuya and come up with arbitrary about how "shit" he is when he barely whined in this episode
Aug 15, 2020 3:32 AM

Jul 2020
That was a fun episode. I genuinely laughed at some scenes and I really think Ruka is cute. And not to mention Nao Touyama's is her VA, what a treat.

Is she still in High School? Because I think she's still wearing a uniform in some scenes.

And that "fake" kiss scene lol. I'm curious on how Ruka found out that Mizuhara is a Rental Girlfriend. Well time to find out in next week's episode I guess.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 15, 2020 4:42 AM

Jun 2013
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Bibimbapski said:

Wtf are you saying, he's always acting like a fake chad in front his ex-girlfriend and friends. Sorry your feelings were hurt because Kazuya is a shit character but not everyone likes him. He hasn't improved at all. He's still the same. He's constantly self-pitying but does nothing to progress.

My feelings ain't hurt. I just like watching you people complain about kazuya and come up with arbitrary about how "shit" he is when he barely whined in this episode

He whines about himself in every episode. He did it in this episode too. I have nothing against people who like him but damn you're really out here defending this loser.
BibimbapskiAug 15, 2020 5:03 AM
臭い-
Aug 15, 2020 4:45 AM

Mar 2014
I am almost sure that Ruka is a rental girlfriend.

These boys are pathetic, they keep staring at girls' asses and boobs with no discretion at all. Like come on, you're not in middle school anymore. I mean it's one thing to look at someone's body and another to keep your eyes glued there without considering you're coming off as a pervert. I swear Kazuya and his friends think about how desperate they are for sex 24/7
Aug 15, 2020 7:29 AM
Jan 2016
Haha, the hell with that hand-kiss scene, it reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul's Akira and Amon, also Noragami's Yato and Bishamon, haha it's unique isn't it, even though the genre is completely different, but same unique scene can be happen...
Aug 15, 2020 7:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am glad, Chizuru acted much mature and kept her idealism as a pro rent girlfriend. I might feel that she just wanted to get a fast confession from Kazuya. But, this series might post-poned the event of it first due to the certain of generic reason. Obviously, the series needed to get Kazuya developed much until he got a strong impression of a nice male mc. For now, he got the turn point to changed Chizuru heart. He needed to surpassed another burden into his miserable low-life. Adding Ruka in the show, made Kazuya just gone crazy again like shit. Its like they just served the right people into the right time. Hold on, dude, hold on! Because i smelt such acunning way from Ruka! Its about the competition for a good ratings that she got jealous? Or she just got orderred by other people? Somehow this trash turned my curiosity into a good mode again!

But still, Kazuya's reaction was too stupid to handle. And Chizuru just kept denying her own feeling, make the clicheness felt very under pressure already. Ruka's fact that she was an underage teenager was not a satisfying issued for me. Because she just met with Kazuya by such a stupid coincidence like that! So, lets just skipped the unnecessarity, and move on to knowing the real intentions of that ribbon chick, Ruka!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 15, 2020 8:04 AM

Oct 2012
I think this need to be mentioned here as this manga scene was skipped in this episode:

Dunno why they removed this scene as it showed her motivation and it also made her at least bit more relatable.

Also, as for Ruka, she has her reasons. I wouldn't say the anime is rushed, for what it's worth it's actually pretty true to original source so far.
Aug 15, 2020 9:23 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

Ruka appeared the anime at last!!
Her voice feel more Yui than Chitoge. Can't use that high energy on Ruka chara.
Aug 15, 2020 9:26 AM

Jun 2019
My god Kazuya, you're so pathetic. Ruka's cute as well but not as much as Mizuhara.
Mizuhara's a goddess.
Aug 15, 2020 10:22 AM
Nov 2019
This ep is way too predictable
Aug 15, 2020 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Haha now Kazuya is against the wall.
Mizuhara is rly cool as always.
Aug 15, 2020 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Sorry to y'all but other thing than the animation and the character desings, this show isn't worth watching at all. At least not for me, In my opinion all of them act like fkin stupids, every single character from here.
Even tho some of them have good traits, it doesn't fit this type of anime.
Aug 15, 2020 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
Probably the most enjoyable episode so far.

OMG, rock climbing! That's my sport! My rock climbing gym has been closed since the pandemic started, so I really, REALLY miss rock climbing.

Ruka seems like a nice and fun girl, or maybe it's because I always like Touyama Nao's characters.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 15, 2020 12:54 PM
Dec 2019
Bibimbapski said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:

He whines about himself in every episode. He did it in this episode too. I have nothing against people who like him but damn you're really out here defending this chad.

By loser you mean all the characters in the show? You say all this like it isn't justified.......

PFFFFTTTTTT who am i kidding fuck kazuya and all the characters, i just want more Kibe
SekirodiealotoftAug 15, 2020 1:06 PM
Aug 15, 2020 3:30 PM
May 2017
It's amazing that the show is completely fine and yet I can't have any fun with it because Kazuya is a dickless little shit who ruins every fucking scene he's in. Goddamn I hate this motherfucker.
Aug 15, 2020 3:44 PM
Oct 2018
Sekirodiealotoft said:
Bibimbapski said:
I hate those moments when Kauzya's like "Oh I bet you hate me because I'm such a loser. I'm worthless." blah blah blah. Fucking shut the fuck up! I always roll my eyes at those parts. He's such a broken record. His personality doesn't match up either. He's such a show off and is easily manipulated but goes on a rant on how much of a fucking piece of shit he is.

Yeah i hate it when a character tries to better than themselves and self-reflect. What a piece of shit for not acting like a chad

I don't think it's about self-reflection and bettering themselves. I get Kazuya's character a lot because I share similar feelings about myself, despite knowing they're not good for me. However, even I don't go around sharing those feelings with people constantly. You may mention how you feel on occasions, but you're more likely to be on your own or put on a smile for others. A lot of Kazuya's feelings would give more impact if it was shown as his thoughts instead of actual dialogue to Chizuru. Though not intentionally, all he's doing is bringing negativity to everyone, who then get sick of him and thus is a vicious cycle.

Talking does help, Chizuru says herself people hire rental girlfriends to better themselves. Kazuya though isn't talking, he's just putting himself down at every opportunity just for the sake of it. So yeah even I want to see he shut up at times. But then people cope with things in different ways, sooooo...

Then again, Kazuya's character is also exaggerated, because anime, I feel like he's written to be an actual pathetic loser. Most of us aren't pathetic losers, we're just struggling.
Aug 15, 2020 4:12 PM
Dec 2019
Kazuya. Is his treatment of Chizuru, wanting of Mami even after she broke up with him and revealed her true self, and all-around immature nature that of someone who has no idea how to treat his current girlfriend (rental or not) so he treats her like she's an insincere person who pities him for not having a girlfriend, is rather dumb to continue pining for someone who has no problems call him every insult in the book, and who seriously needs to grow up and mature, or is it someone who, after years of what is technically verbal and psychological abuse from his close friends and family, ends up letting loose some pent-up bitterness on the wrong person, wants the only person who technically "wanted" him first note because no one else would take him, and because no one bothers to ask about, see into or even notice his personal issues, he has to lie to make his life seem better than what it actually is?
SekirodiealotoftAug 15, 2020 4:46 PM
Aug 15, 2020 5:02 PM

Mar 2019
Sakurasawa come to me!!!

#TeamSumi<3
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 15, 2020 7:18 PM

Jan 2016
By common sense, a stronger supposition about Ruka knowing Chizuru's secret is because she is also a rental girlfriend lol But the interesting part is that she is glaring at their false relationship for some reason :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 15, 2020 10:59 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Kazuya keep continue being dumb dumb....
I'm gonna guess Ruka is also Rental Girlfriend
Aug 16, 2020 3:08 AM

Jul 2019
did you notice that in the ed ruka goes for the kiss not mizuhara
Aug 16, 2020 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
Ashhk said:
It's so obvious that she's a rental girlfriend too and that she's going to fall in love with him even if he has nothing attractive and that he's horrible...xD
At least it's good to see a new character for the story and stop the infinite same development with Chizuru

You hit the nail on the head, I presume. Kudos to them if they subvert this ancient trope.
uh oh!
Aug 16, 2020 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
Meio1 said:
did you notice that in the ed ruka goes for the kiss not mizuhara

Good catch, the ending changes depending on the girl.
Aug 16, 2020 5:39 AM

Aug 2018
It's too obvious that the other girl is also a rental kanojo xdd
Aug 16, 2020 8:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Good lord that episode was so fucking predictable from start to finish :s

Also how hard can it be to figure out that the new girl is 99% certainly also a rental girlfriend, seriously. You'd at least figure Chizuru ought to be able to put two and two together
Aug 16, 2020 11:02 AM

May 2018

Watta way to introduce Ruka.........and yep she also in the same trade as Mizuhara.

Ok, so Kazuya want to still continue his fake relationship with Mizuhara...even thought doing so will make him go broke.
Aug 16, 2020 11:14 AM
Jan 2013
In my view this anime series would've been much more enticing if not for the unneccessary, over-the-top fanservice and lustful cringeworthy bullshittery lines that are sometimes much too abundant here.
I wouldn't even mind the failure of a protagonist that much, otherwise.
I'd guess that's the scourge of animes in general, albeit it's rather amplified in this case, probably owing to the source material I'm unfamiliar with, for better or for worse.
So I keep oscillating between 5 and 7 out of 10 for this title, depending on the overall episode impression. This one was slightly better than the previous ones, I think. I'd like if this was the future direction for the series to keep developing in.
P.S.: Ruka is very much an obvious rental girlfriend, the cues having been in far greater supply that anyone would need. Like, come on. I did find it weird that Mizuhara was shooketh when Ruka said she's a rental, though. Bruh, so what if some rando says shit about you? Doesn't matter...
Aug 16, 2020 12:01 PM

Jul 2020
What is going on? I want to predict Ruka will end up being best girl, but this chapter is an actual cliffhanger. Why Kuri has a girlfriend that actually knows Chizuru is a rental? It´s because she is also a rental? The easy answer would be yes, but then why Kuri told Kazuya to "read between lines" (he wanted to take her home) when the Terms and Conditions say that rental girlfriends can´t enter client´s houses? That means she actually isn´t a rental? I have so many questions...
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Aug 16, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2018
Kazuya bumping into Ruka just to find out Ruka is Kuri's gf Ahahahahah.
Aug 16, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
Another fine episode but it’s hard to watch it and not feel embarrassed even a bit xD
Aug 16, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2020
woaa mizuhara accepted on being his girlfriend for longer.

is ruka a rental too maybe and saw her in the agency so that's why she knows? if not, why is she so worked up about it?

i love touyama's voice sm.
Aug 16, 2020 2:58 PM
Aug 2010
dipItFoo said:
Mami was just too fake that it was cringe for the most part.

^ this, couldnt b said more precise
Aug 16, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
why dafuq is she blaming them when it's obvious ... geeeeeez, this is getting dumb lol

agreed with what some people said above, as much as Mami is annoying, she can't be any more fake than this one, might as well keep the story with just the 3 of them :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Feb 2015
Slowing realising everyone in this show is absolute fucking trash. Nobody comes out of this situation with a shread of dignity.
Aug 16, 2020 5:58 PM

Mar 2016
HAHAHAHAHA I thought that Kuri (that friend with glasses) also rented Mizuhara just after her session with Kazuya. ... But it didn't happen. Feels good that what I thought it would happen turned out to be false for once (even though always the worst happens in this serie)

also seems like goodbye Mami's screentime, you were the best character at the moment lol

And this ending is a pain to watch and we have to for every single episode (but the song is a pleasure to listen to)
bonjour
Aug 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Jul 2019
Nao Toyama fits the Ruka role so well it feels natural.

Also, Kazuya hurts to watch sometimes I feel the awkwardness coming through the screen.

Aug 16, 2020 8:50 PM

Feb 2020
I'm loving this Anime so far. It pains me to see how people are calling this Anime Trash!!! I just can't understand!

Well, this Episode was Super Awesome....Mizuhara really got nerves of steel...That kiss scene was cute.......... btw
I can easily tell that Ruka is also a Rental Girlfriend.....isn't that obvious?
Aug 16, 2020 10:53 PM
Apr 2018

But in the end, TOUYAMA NAO always plays VA role of the girl next to the main female lead, NISEKOI (& similar anime) being an excpetion.
Just saying. :)

As a voice actor, she has an adorable voice.
Aug 17, 2020 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
Mizuhara's climbing probably awakened my new fetish.

It is kind of odd how the new girl manage to discern that Mizuhara is a rental girlfriend. Unless...
Aug 17, 2020 6:21 PM
Jul 2020
Finally the new girl introduction!

I figured she knew Chizuru was a rental girlfriend because she is one herself.

Kazuya is lowkey having a mental growth and I am liking it, knowing he wants to become a better person.
Aug 17, 2020 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
How did she know that she's a rental girlfriend? Because she also is lmao xD
Pretty decent episode, a little more of the same Kazuya but Chizuru was pretty cold in this episode i guess. Gotta be the next episode then.

I really want to see more of Kazuya evolving, but it's been hard, most of the moments he talks is more of the same "i am so bad, date me", would be great to see him pass this phase.

It felt a little disappointing the whole sleeping scene, i was really expecting something more.

But i hope that Ruka came to change everything!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.