Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Dec 5, 2020 1:18 AM
Mar 2020
Rui_Rei said:
These people love to split up and love to stand around and talk, and talk and talk, and talk when somethings going down.

Right from the moment Subaru and Rom arrived. Frederica's apparently out patrolling the barrier and they send the defenceless Petra out the mansion when they know the crazy killer will be there soon, they don't know when but they know the killer will be there soon so they should know better than to send the defenceless girl out all alone. Next the tea scene Weren't you going there to alert every one at the Mansion a killer is on the way to kill them. And once the fight starts. Frederica still hasn't been briefed and gets stabbed full of stabby things not fighting seriously. The talking mid fights and talking loudly (no whispering at all) just before they Subaru and Petra get ambushed is foolish.

I was hoping he'd die so he could start this again. With some urgency. Explain the situation fully to Rom. Get there. Fuck sitting down to have a cup of tea. Get in. Get Rem. And get the fuck outta there with Petra and Federica all the way back to the Sanctuary or some thing without stopping. Beatrice can take care of herself with her room teleport ability.

I had problems with this season but this isn't one of them.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeDec 7, 2020 11:59 AM
Dec 26, 2020 5:09 PM

Sep 2016
damn this episode looked bad lol
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 7, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
So yeah, this is first time for checkpoint in this season.

I thought that repeating stories like this were boring but it wasn't. Subaru tries to return early to the Mansion to cut off Rem and the others' destiny. Subaru thought that Emilia wouldn't be able to finish the first test so Subaru decided to take her place. I don't know why Emilia is so clean to reject her past, is that bad? Subaru and Rosewall are similar, they make a good plan to break that fate.

Subaru and Ram returned to the Mansion, Subaru, who was initially suspicious of Frederica, then trusted Frederica. What vow actually did Frederica have? Why couldn't she tell Subaru? The incident happened two days before Subaru's death at the first checkpoint and yeah, those oppai girl has appeared. Frederica turns into a monster and tries to fight those oppai girl. They lost and Subaru had to start over but at the last moment Subaru was saved by Beatrice.

So what kind of oath actually did Frederica have? If Frederica had younger brother why did they have to separate?

And also 10/10 for this eps
Jan 7, 2021 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
Wow so many developments in this episode!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Nov 2019
The one time, he needed to go back badly. I felt that
May 12, 2021 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
Damn, Fredericka's beast mode and Ram is still not enough firepower to match Elsa. She's that powerful huh. Last season they needed a royal knight's help to repel her.

Why isn't Beatrice helping at all? I think she's more than a match against Elsa.
Aug 17, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2021
Ah yes the suffering

Frederica's beast transform was great
Aug 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Dec 2013
Frederika going beast mode was cool. Too bad Elsa was too op and I'm assuming that the mabeast from arc 2 is here as well.

Things got really bloody at the end, and I was surprised to see Beatrice save Subaru. I expected him to die and then go back to the previous checkpoint again but I guess that will have to wait a little longer.
Oct 5, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Petra continues to be the best girl. If the new save point is after her death, I'm going to be really upset.

Nov 22, 2021 3:49 PM

Jan 2021
Beako was just chillin in the library
Nov 23, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2017
The cliffhanger in the end with Beatrice's room was good but wasn't feeling the rest of the episode in how everything took place there, kind of a flat episode for me personally but at least the animation did improve by the end in this episode. Frederica's not too bad I have to say.
Jan 22, 2022 1:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The one time he was not expecting to be saved.
Jun 17, 2022 8:03 PM
Jan 2022
I wonder how many times it'll take before Subaru is successful. God damn was this episode good though, I never know what to expect and how things will play out different.
Jul 10, 2022 3:35 PM

Feb 2018
Once Subaru was covered in blood I knew Petra was out.. Beatrice coming out of nowhere.. I suppose kek
Jul 13, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
Hell yes, that's what I wanted to see. So far this was medicore at best, but now it's starting to shine like season 1 again. Tbh I kinda forgot who Else exactly was, just that they fought her already in the first season. So she was an assassin anyone could hire, just as OP as in season 1 I see.
Jul 22, 2022 12:37 PM
Mar 2016
Emilia, I was rooting for you!! We all were rooting for you!!

She really needs to pull this barrier trial thing off or else I'm just going to believe she is this useless from now on. Lifting the barrier is what she needs to prove that she can handle her own and protect others I'm starting to feel dissapointed if she always needs Subaru.

Only Subaru can have his whole mentality focused on saving another girl, Rem, as he tries to get with another girl, Emilia. Rem is the best girl for Subaru but it hurts to ship her with him when he called her the #2 of his heart. Subaru holding Petra's hand all while he was getting flung around like a rag doll really messed me up! From now on I'm assuming all Petras in anime are dying. I feel like we were meant to see Elsa as this beautiful, seductive woman but her face looks a bit off.

Frederica is offically my favorite character now, like have you seen those chompers?!!
Oct 13, 2022 12:20 PM

Aug 2021
good episode. there's very few episodes where ram is the star of the show and this episode was one of them. the last few minutes were very intense so that definitely made this episode a lot better as a decent bulk of it didn't feel like it was quite hitting the mark.
Nov 7, 2022 6:51 AM

Apr 2021
He tries again but things don't go as planned. Man, here we go again with those brutal scenes. Anyways Beatrice saved him. I can't wait to see the next episode!!!!!!
Feb 2, 2023 11:32 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't like season 1 nor 2 so far. But, I do like the scenes with the bowel chopper. She's sexy and unstoppable.

The MC is consistently powerless. He's a punching bag.
Feb 25, 2023 10:05 PM
Feb 2021
I can't believe im actually feeling bad for subaru. The plots pretty scattered rn, so i hope it gets tied together pretty soon because i have a lot of questions
Apr 20, 2023 11:05 AM

Nov 2017
Much better episode than what's come previously. Must've been COVID delays, the screenplay must've had a lack of time for editing. What a mess this show has been up till now. 

Tried sub, the mess is even worse there with the references. Better job for the dub this time. Must've been COVID all around. Well hopefully this season can gain some momentum from here. 

SubCars.com is in a right mess he is. 
Jun 14, 2023 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
Breatice annoys me so much...

.·:*¨ ๐•พ๐–Š๐–™ ๐•ธ๐–Š ๐•ฑ๐–—๐–Š๐–Š - ๐•ต๐–Š๐–˜๐–˜๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–† ๐•ต๐–š๐–“๐–Œ ¨*:·. ๐“†ฉโ™ก๐“†ช
๐Ÿฌ:๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ใ…‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐Ÿฏ:๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฒ
โ†บ¹ |โ— โ–ถ โ–ท| โ‹ฎ≡
Jul 7, 2023 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man we're back with the gnarly deaths huh. I kinda missed this
Jul 20, 2023 4:54 AM
Jul 2021
31 episodes in and Subaru shows great character development but in the power area he’s just a squid.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Aug 20, 2023 8:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I absolutely love the direction for this episode, when Subaru and Petra where suddently hit and then the image fades out and how it plays out from after that, lovely, as good if not better to what the LN did for that, when visuals and audio mergue together to the absolute... and that ending, kinda expect them to end a bit after that scene for another loop.
Aug 25, 2023 8:28 AM
Jan 2023
Another cliffhanger like that, wow. can't believe that Beatrice would just save Subaru like that though. That is going to make for an interesting conversation next time.

Seems like another return by death situation, but at least Subaru will be able to gather some more information first. Seems he needs to get everyone out of the mansion as quickly as possible.
Sep 13, 2023 10:12 PM

Oct 2022
Man that's one hella save point now and Ram is more cold blooded than anyone here no wonder she is the one Ros trust most
Sep 20, 2023 3:49 AM

Mar 2023
Good episode, finally has that s1 feel as the arc is heating up
Nov 15, 2023 2:15 PM
Oct 2023
the whole episode was great,it seemed like Subaru will have another death but a twist with beatrice saving him happened,cant wait to see how that will turn out
Nov 27, 2023 8:09 AM

Dec 2022
Guess Subaru needs to find a way to kill himself again, since Beatrice interrupted. Elsa is overpowered.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

672 by chiwila »»
Apr 9, 9:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.