Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 9, 2020 2:07 PM
Jan 2016
I'm trying hard to keep up with it but man most of what happens in each episode is just uninteresting.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 9, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2017
or you just dont understand what the fuck is going on

plz @ me
Aug 9, 2020 2:11 PM
Jan 2016
something something prom something something Yui is sad because idfk and Yukino is scared of her mom.
024 said:
Aug 9, 2020 3:10 PM

Apr 2016
Yep, very boring, dropped it.
Aug 9, 2020 4:12 PM
Jan 2019
It just... Pure Drama. The Drama is really normal, nothing just special. The Romance genre tags feels like useless to be placed here. The writing is excellent to be a high-quality Novels indeed, but if its get adaptated into anime, it feels lame.
Aug 9, 2020 4:43 PM

Jun 2020
*Anime has the drama tag*
WHY IS IT ALL DRAMA WHERE ARE THE PANTY SHOTS AND THE BEACH EPISODE??? REEEEEEEEEE

It's your fault that you failed to understand the subtext behind the anime when literally thousands of others could easily keep up with it. So don't go whining about it and saying "The anime has too much drama, bad anime 0/10" Seriously this is all the bullshit I see when I come to Oregairu's discussion page on MAL sigh.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
DeadlyRavenAug 21, 2020 2:30 PM

I said keep your hands on the table
Aug 9, 2020 6:06 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
DeN11 said:
A show being deep is the own viewers interpretation of it.
This. Although, I would disagree with you on the part of it being a deconstruction of the rom-com genre.

The thing with oregairu is that the characters don't ever express their true feelings explicitly. Even during the monologues, they intentionally try to hide them. Hence, it is all left up to the readers to find their own interpretation.

I honestly am not a big fan of oregairu's anime adaptation. The number one reason why anybody would like Oregairu in the first place is the characters, but the anime trims the fat part of the characterization by removing most of the monologues.

Oregairu and my favorite anime-- 3-gatsu no Lion are my favorite pieces in the medium because I can spend hours trying to fit my own interpretation behind every moment.
cchiguAug 9, 2020 6:09 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Feb 2018
I like threads like this and somehow want to make me laugh reading them. There is no anime that is will make u boring, depending on how we look at it.
Aug 9, 2020 6:40 PM

Feb 2018
DeN11 said:
But yeah usually LN adaptation aren't that good (exception: Monogatari) because they cut out a large amount of monologue that gives the reader a idea of the character's psychology.
Are you sure about that?
Aug 9, 2020 6:49 PM

Feb 2018
DeN11 said:
I still prefer the LN over all of these anime except Monogatari
Would you rather read than watch? I've read more than 100+ LN when I read it all I feel is just bored because it's just full of word. I'm surprised that there are still people who prefer LN over anime.

Yeah, that's up to you.
Aug 9, 2020 7:00 PM

Sep 2014
I loved the first season, but since the second season the incompetence of the new studio is ruining this anime.
Aug 9, 2020 7:15 PM

Jun 2016
been bored of this series since season 1
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 9, 2020 10:05 PM
Apr 2019
It's a highschool drama, characters are intelligent but not mature enough. It’s pretty much normal to be bored of this.
Aug 9, 2020 10:27 PM

Jan 2019
Yaboku said:
been bored of this series since season 1
Ever thought of dropping the series and ending up your misery?
Aug 10, 2020 12:44 AM
Jun 2020
If you're bored, drop it, no need to go ask for opinions from others, people bored of most of the cringey anime out there, you don't see everybody going to express it, the one excuse of people who don't like the series, and that the fans are claiming it to be some deep philosiphical mastery, it's not, these are just broken characters trying to fix themselves, its all up to the viewers of how the deep it is, and Hikigaya relatable bullshit that everyone uses as an excuse to bash, clearly they didn't understand shit if they think we like the anime because Hikigaya's the most relatable character put there... the whole show points it out that his views and actions are wrong.... but people will find wrong reasons to bash the series, if it was atleast good reasons, fine, but only the most dumbest excuses are used to bash. The haters should think that hundreds of hours are gone into unravel the complexities of the characters mindset, and then the haters come and bash everything like their these geniouses who understood everything on their first watch, jesus christ, if its too boring for you, just give it your rating and move one, clearly it won't matter with the actual rating.

Kurapikakurta123 said:
This anime is really , REALLY boring , from the first episode when they COOK COOKIES (don't let that fool you , it has a very deep meaning behind it) , till the last episode airing right now . But of course no one want to admit that because of its Fandom : "uH No tHiS sHOw iS dEEp aNd nOt eVeRyoNe cAn uNDErStaNd iT aNd hIkiGay iS tHe MoSt rElAtAbLe tHiNg In aNiMe HiStOrY " .

JESUS STFU , no one cares !

Clearly somebody does, if they wrote this...

DeN11 said:
cchigu said:
This. Although, I would disagree with you on the part of it being a deconstruction of the rom-com genre.

I'm using this definition: "A deconstruction takes these formulas (used in their specific genre) and attempts to show how flawed they are."
I consider it a modest deconstruction of Rom-com because of their usage of the love-triangle trope. It shows how the characters are all self-aware, but struggle to move on due to the fear of change. This is my interpretation of the whole Love-triangle in Oregairu, but it may change because i haven't read vol 8 - 11.

But yeah usually LN adaptation aren't that good (exception: Monogatari) because they cut out a large amount of monologue that gives the reader a idea of the character's psychology.
Well ofcourse, monogatari's the exception, 90% of the show is panels from the novel, ofcourse it would be adapted well, but lets just say, not every anime can do that or don't have enought time to cram everything in, Monogatari got the time, and the resources so... yes, momonogatari got a good adaptation.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 21, 2020 2:32 PM
Aug 10, 2020 1:51 AM
Nov 2019
Yeah way too much unnecessary drama
Aug 10, 2020 3:11 AM

Aug 2018
Speirs09 said:
Yeah way too much unnecessary drama

the problem is these manga writers are pressured to release their stuff quickly. You can tell the quality of writing have been down after season one. Season 2 and now 3 is nothing but tropes and unoriginal.
Aug 10, 2020 3:21 AM
Oct 2013
I enjoyed the first season back in 2013. I dropped season 2 after a few episodes because I bored. I gave Season 2 another chance last month when I saw a new season was about to air.
Unfortunately, I was still bored, and SNAFU Climax continues where it left off.
Aug 10, 2020 3:22 AM
Mar 2018
It's not for everyone.
Aug 10, 2020 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
Why are people getting so defensive because someone is saying they don't like a certain show
_______I like rocks__
Aug 10, 2020 4:43 AM

Apr 2020
MSAtlos said:
Why are people getting so defensive because someone is saying they don't like a certain show
That's a double-bind where if people refute being defensive, they are being defensive, and if they do not refute, then it is true that they're being defensive.

But I'll say this: If people don't like it for subjective reasons i.e it's too much drama, slow pacing, etc., it's easy to drop the show and move on with your life, than go watch another episode and go to the forum and expect a civil discussion about your own personal tastes.

Aug 10, 2020 5:02 AM

Jun 2020
I enjoyed the first season back when it actually released, then forgot about it. Binged S1 and S2 in May, still enjoyed the drama and conflicts going on. This season for some reason, I find myself bored. The plot is progressing as slowly as it usually has and that's ok, but for some reason the same characters I was enjoying earlier on are now appearing too melodramatic to me. The romance and comedy have almost completely disappeared and it's all drama up till now. I even enjoyed the first episode a lot with a few emotional scenes between Hikigaya and his sister, but the prom arc was nothing short of super boring and needlessly melodramatic to me. I find myself looking at these characters and scoffing at the their issues that I found genuine back in S2. I guess I don't care about these guys as I initially did.

The people refuting the criticism with claims like 'not smart enough to understand the deeper meaning' are pretty annoying though. Deeper meanings and depth to scenes can always be up for interpretation, just because you think a scene was really deep doesn't mean that it's objectively so and that others who didn't interpret it in the same way are just dumb. Someone can call this anime a philosophical and introspective masterpiece and someone else can call it uninteresting teenage melodrama and you can't deem either as the right or wrong opinion.
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 10, 2020 5:06 AM

Aug 2018
ToraiS said:
MSAtlos said:
That's a double-bind where if people refute being defensive, they are being defensive, and if they do not refute, then it is true that they're being defensive.

But I'll say this: If people don't like it for subjective reasons i.e it's too much drama, slow pacing, etc., it's easy to drop the show and move on with your life, than go watch another episode and go to the forum and expect a civil discussion about your own personal tastes.

There is defending a show you like and then there is this
Arin-san said:
*Anime has the drama tag*
WHY IS IT ALL DRAMA WHERE ARE THE PANTY SHOTS AND THE BEACH EPISODE??? REEEEEEEEEE

It's your fault that you failed to understand the subtext behind the anime when literally thousands of others could easily keep up with it. So don't go whining about it and saying "The anime has too much drama, bad anime 0/10" Seriously this is all the bullshit I see when I come to Oregairu's discussion page on MAL sigh.

024 said:

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenAug 21, 2020 2:33 PM
_______I like rocks__
Aug 10, 2020 5:12 AM

Dec 2018
Honestly I’m enjoying this season a lot so far. Judging by the way the story is progressing I think this season will end up being my favourite of the series.
Aug 10, 2020 5:38 AM

Aug 2014
Hrybami said:
I loved the first season, but since the second season the incompetence of the new studio is ruining this anime.

its not the studio. I think its just the writing.

In season 1, Hachiman and all the characters were awesome, and it was presented as a comedy-ish.

But since season 2, Hachiman feels lifeless and its become a drama, and a serious drama among high school stuff can seem overdramatic and a drag.

Pretty much, its not what we signed up for after season 1. But I still enjoy it for what it is, and this is the last season, so might as well see where it goes, and I am looking forward to the prom.

But this series on season 2 and season 3 does seem like it was made for LN readers mostly.
oooo3333Aug 10, 2020 5:44 AM
Aug 10, 2020 6:44 AM
Jul 2020
Well, this series isn't everyone. To me, Oregairu feels more like it was intended for adults who have gone through more life experience and can relate to the struggles of the main cast are going through when looking back at their own high school days.
Sena001Aug 10, 2020 6:48 AM
Aug 10, 2020 6:47 AM
Jun 2020
No but it's bad either way.
Aug 10, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2015
Yes, it is very boring now. I'm not sure whether it always was and I was just much younger when I watched the 1st season to notice or it gradually became this way. Anyhow, I caught myself thinking that I really don't care anymore and there's no reason to watch it. What I loved it for seems nonexistent so far. Besides, some spoilers aren't particularly exciting to continue watching. Maybe once it ends for good I'll reconsider watching this season in one go. But for now, it's just so bland and unwatchable. Which is sad, because I really liked this anime before.
Aug 10, 2020 9:23 AM

Jan 2019
As a LN reader, I'm enjoying this season so far. Maybe it's slow because this adapted only 3 volumes compared to the other seasons (6 and 5 volumes), but this can be good in some aspects. Finding a series or a season bored is always a subjective opinion, so I don't need to explain why you should like this series, it has no sense.
Aug 10, 2020 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
I feel like the only people that enjoy the anime is those that already read the novel and know the details the anime failed to make apparent.

Aug 10, 2020 9:53 AM

Aug 2020
Drama itself isnt bad or boring. Its just that the drama here is...kinda boring not gonna lie.
Keep scrolling
Aug 10, 2020 10:06 PM
Jul 2020
spectrojan said:
I enjoyed the first season back when it actually released, then forgot about it. Binged S1 and S2 in May, still enjoyed the drama and conflicts going on. This season for some reason, I find myself bored. The plot is progressing as slowly as it usually has and that's ok, but for some reason the same characters I was enjoying earlier on are now appearing too melodramatic to me. The romance and comedy have almost completely disappeared and it's all drama up till now. I even enjoyed the first episode a lot with a few emotional scenes between Hikigaya and his sister, but the prom arc was nothing short of super boring and needlessly melodramatic to me. I find myself looking at these characters and scoffing at the their issues that I found genuine back in S2. I guess I don't care about these guys as I initially did.

The people refuting the criticism with claims like 'not smart enough to understand the deeper meaning' are pretty annoying though. Deeper meanings and depth to scenes can always be up for interpretation, just because you think a scene was really deep doesn't mean that it's objectively so and that others who didn't interpret it in the same way are just dumb. Someone can call this anime a philosophical and introspective masterpiece and someone else can call it uninteresting teenage melodrama and you can't deem either as the right or wrong opinion.

The adaptation is trash compared to the ln... If they actually added more than 10% of the monologues oregairu would be much easier to understand. Unlike other trash romcom anime where the main character is just horny af and are filled with fans service episodes oregairu focuses on character development and depth. I don't know how the anime fcks up the monologues this much... Character development/depth is the most important theme in oregairu and they still decided to cut off most off it... And yes I think that most romcom animes are trash
I want something genuine....
Aug 10, 2020 10:52 PM

May 2015
MSAtlos said:

Because their criticism (if you can even call it that) is retarded? Like it's just baby rage.

Aug 11, 2020 1:10 AM
Apr 2020
Hmm, I really enjoyed season 1 and 2 personally and think this season has a similar feeling but I am personally feeling annoyed with the whole prom thing since it's kinda getting boring now and I hope that the rest of the season is not just literally prom, I understand that it is deeper than that but man it's being dragged out and I feel like maybe another way they could have gone with this. Either way I love the show just want them to make it less boring with prom.
Aug 11, 2020 2:08 AM

Jul 2014
I want to love this series. Season 1 so fun and I like it, but season 2 with things get more serious and so many monologues that my little brain can't understand it, I can't enjoy it. Well, maybe its because I don't really like heavy drama.
Aug 11, 2020 9:30 AM

Sep 2014
Damn, what the heck. People are overreacting on Kimi no Na Wa like it is the next SAO or what?

ooo333 said:
Hrybami said:

its not the studio. I think its just the writing.

In season 1, Hachiman and all the characters were awesome, and it was presented as a comedy-ish.

But since season 2, Hachiman feels lifeless and its become a drama, and a serious drama among high school stuff can seem overdramatic and a drag.

Pretty much, its not what we signed up for after season 1. But I still enjoy it for what it is, and this is the last season, so might as well see where it goes, and I am looking forward to the prom.

But this series on season 2 and season 3 does seem like it was made for LN readers mostly.

I actually started watching this show for its romance and drama and was surprised that it was more a comedy and a documentary on sociology rather than an actual romance. I enjoyed it a lot.

But now that the anime turned out to be what I initially expected at the beginning, I'm not feeling it anymore. Well, drama and romance are my favourite genre in anime so I'm still liking it, but I thought it was so much better before all these melodrama that I can't help but feel disappointed.

You're right, maybe I should read the LN, this way I would probably love this series again.
Aug 11, 2020 9:46 AM

Jan 2016
Here's my three reasons why this anime is more boring than last...

Just found out this series only adapts 3 volumes as opposed to the 5 and 6 of the previous seasons. Might be the reason that this season feels a lot more sluggish - maybe if the series was less than 12 episodes long?

The animation imo is better than a lot of anime out there, but it is a downgrade from the previous seasons and I can't help but be a bit disappointed by that. Not sure if this contributes to the boredom though, but I can certainly say it doesn't help.

Also to me this season appears to be a lot more predictable. Part of the reason I liked Oregairu so much is that it's quite hard to know what the characters are thinking. However, expectedly, this season thus far has given a lot of answers to questions posed, and characters don't seem to be as complicated as before. Similarly, the OP... (LN spoilers below)

Aug 13, 2020 11:51 AM
Mar 2017
I agree. Man this third season so far has been pretty drawn out. The first two seasons felt like they had a lot better pace. This whole prom arc has left a lot to be desired.

As a huge lover of this show there were times this episode I just got bored and thought about stopping. That never happened during season 1 and 2. How many times are we going to get Yui's inner monologue over and over again. There's really no development here.

If there is no change by next episode I'll drop the series. Kinda sad because I've been such a huge fan. I may look into LN.
Aug 13, 2020 12:09 PM
Jul 2020
[quote=HACHIXYUKI message=60449279]
spectrojan said:

I feel there's two different sets of people. One, those who actually don't care about the deeper meaning and want things to happen the anime and others are those who just want the writers blurt out everything and don't want to think too much about it. It makes people hate either the plot/setting/the whole anime in itself

The adaptation is trash compared to the ln... If they actually added more than 10% of the monologues oregairu would be much easier to understand. Unlike other trash romcom anime where the main character is just horny af and are filled with fans service episodes oregairu focuses on character development and depth. I don't know how the anime fcks up the monologues this much... Character development/depth is the most important theme in oregairu and they still decided to cut off most off it... And yes I think that most romcom animes are trash

I haven't actually read the LN so I don't know what monologue's people talk about, but what oregairu anime provides is platform for interpretation. The amount of information provided in the monologues in the anime are enough to figure out what is going on if you actually think about it and relate it to some of the previous incidents. The anime was always about this and thos is what makes it hard for people to figure out. One of the reason i like oregairu is that it doesn't have monologues that just blurt out everything in a 2min sequence.

ButadonMeitantei said:

Also to me this season appears to be a lot more predictable. Part of the reason I liked Oregairu so much is that it's quite hard to know what the characters are thinking. However, expectedly, this season thus far has given a lot of answers to questions posed, and characters don't seem to be as complicated as before. Similarly, the OP... (LN spoilers below)

Shouldn't it be but obvious that an anime which focuses on it's characters trying to figure themselves out and sort their own problems, gets easier to interpret now that we know who wants what etc.
And this is what I point out everytime that the anime tries to focus on giving the room for interpretation rather tha just blurting out facts. Every episode we get monologues at the end which can be interpreted at least in two different ways.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 21, 2020 2:35 PM
Aug 13, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2016
Syureria said:
DeN11 said:
I still prefer the LN over all of these anime except Monogatari
Would you rather read than watch? I've read more than 100+ LN when I read it all I feel is just bored because it's just full of word. I'm surprised that there are still people who prefer LN over anime.

Yeah, that's up to you.

I've tried reading LN stuff in the past, but I need more pictures and audio for better simulation, cause at my age and having seen and experienced quite a lot already from the anime medium, pages chock full of nothing but words can only do so much. I'll still check out the LN series of these afterwards this season ends, but I doubt I'll get as much out of it besides context from monologue as I would "subconsciously" expect.

@cchigu kinda nailed it. I personally love Oregairu because of the characters and how the nature of it can let me make my own interpretations based on my own high school experiences, be it relatable or not.
Aug 13, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2020
Ryuseishun said:

@cchigu kinda nailed it. I personally love Oregairu because of the characters and how the nature of it can let me make my own interpretations based on my own high school experiences, be it relatable or not.

Finally! I found someone who thinks logically. Thank you my guy now i can sleep peacefully
Aug 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
I haven't read the LN, but I don't find this season to be boring, instead I can't wait to see what they have next in the store. It's true though that this season seems to be slowly paced, and as far as I know it was because they had less material to work on compared to the prequels, but still I enjoyed it.

Some people keep saying that they cut a lot of monologues from the LN, but I don't think i missed a lot of the messages or what is happening in the anime. Also animation gives us more than just monologues, like facial expression or voice intonation, etc. as a media to convey the story. And so as someone who anticipated this last season for long time, and after re-watching the 1st and 2nd season for God knows how many times, I'm loving this season as this brings the conclusion.

Also I might try to read the LN when this season ends just for a more immersive experience of Oregairu story.
Aug 13, 2020 2:43 PM
Aug 2020
I am definitely not bored with the season. It's just really hard to get through this drama one more time. The last 3 books have been really tough for me. The drama really got out of hand there. So it's hard to enjoy the aftermath, I just know which pinpricks are still to come.
Aug 13, 2020 2:45 PM

Aug 2019
In my opinion it’s not that boring but it’s nothing special in particular, like a huge majority of the fan base makes it out to be considering the ending is very obvious from the get go so I see no point in the attempts Yui has to win over Hachiman and I’m just mindlessly watching time timer go by to just get it over with.
Aug 13, 2020 4:21 PM
Apr 2020
This anime is not as deep as the fandom thinks
but it's still enjoyable for me at least
Aug 13, 2020 5:11 PM

Jan 2020
SEA-MASTER said:
something something prom something something Yui is sad because idfk and Yukino is scared of her mom.
024 said:
it’s not hard to understand what’s going on
Aug 13, 2020 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
I read the LN and really liked it overall but I couldn't care much for the final arc. But this anime season due to the lack of monologues and lack of balance, comes across more frustrating than anything. It's not the worst thing ever but the content and concepts are really, really weak for me and a big dropoff from the previous volumes/seasons.

I went from feeling neutral about Yui when initially seeing it, to liking her a bit when reading it but after seeing it happen in anime form and having more to process, meh. She's just average again.

This anime is better than most anime this season but so far, its a 4-5/10 for me. Leaning more to 4 for how little this anime is making me care for what is happening due to weak content for most of the arc for my taste. Might drop the LN rating to a 7 too now.
Aug 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2020
Not really. Well enjoyment is subjective and everyone have their own tastes. I just hope you continue watching the series since it's the climax / final season.

I accept random friend requests!
Aug 13, 2020 7:37 PM

Nov 2013
Im just gonna wait until all the episodes are out. Just feels like a drag compared to the previous seasons.
Aug 13, 2020 7:38 PM
Mar 2013
In the fiirst 2 episodes, I was getting a bit bored, probably because it's a lot of exaggerated drama since the first season, and there's been quite some time since the season 2. But now I got used to it again, and I'm enjoying it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

488 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.