Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2020 1:25 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Raws are out and I've seen them.

Jinbe is in the color spread along with all the Straw Hats! Finally! Happy to see him finally being added in the color spreads since he is an official Straw Hat member.

The scabbards successfully pierced through Kaido's skin as Kaido's body crashed to the ground but he got back up like it's nothing. Kaido transforms into his dragon form in this chapter and the scabbards grabbed on Kaido's body. It looks like Kaido accepts the scabbards' challenge and he's going to face off against them. Oden's samurai are all amazing. Oden is gone, but do not underestimate his loyal samurai.

They're outside and it's a full moon, and the Minks are waiting outside. Wow, with a huge army of Minks raiding in Onigashima and then there's a full moon..... Sulong transformations. o_o This battle will be epic. o.o
Aug 6, 2020 3:35 AM

Nov 2016
Bottom line, don't underestimate the Scabbards.

It was more than just a suicide mission and they were well prepared how to fight Kaido. That said, he's obviously far from beaten, even tho also minor damage will add up in the end and this was a good start. Also Oda caught me off guard again, before the battle started I was looking forward to Sulong. Now with with all the chaos going on, the introduction of other character and unexpcted twists, it fell off radar, perfect timing to strike with and end the chapter with a bang. And that last panel? Just epic.

Sooner or later Kaido will start overwhelming the brave samurai, but they're fueled with the spirit of Oden so I hope they can hang in long enough and deliver one or another surprise. They deserve it.

The break is killing me this time btw ._.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 6, 2020 3:24 PM
Nov 2015
What a chapter!!
The 9 scabbards pierced kaido and The hype is really
That last panel with the full moon was epic
Aug 6, 2020 8:16 PM

Mar 2015
it's an all out war. the 3 spreads is damn good.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 6, 2020 10:08 PM

Oct 2017
Luffy being Luffy was so hilarious.

Ulti vs Yamato, excited to see what both of them are capable of. Also woah hype, the minks in Sulong form will be so epic, can't wait to see it.

Btw those wondering about the editor thing. He actually did cry at chap 986 and not 987. Here's why: https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/1290651645454553098
Aug 6, 2020 10:16 PM
Nov 2017
and all the minks can see the moon. last panel, badass nekomamushi.

we also got the "narrator hype", i guess that says, sh*t has officially started.
Aug 6, 2020 10:29 PM

Mar 2014
Oda has been super obvious with this for a long time but now it's basically confirmed. In the cover page (or color spread) Robin is patting Franky's face like what a couple would do. Now I'm not someone to get super piss at a pairing but Oda is clearly setting up a Robin x Franky and I'm not quite fond of this paring. I thought this was something worthy to point because Oda said in a SBS volume he will never bring romance in his story. Interesting.

Kaido's portrayal (for powerscaling) is close to becoming dog shit useless. I was informed that the Marines never gave him his title, it was the people around him. The rumors that in a 1v1 battle Kaido will win, those rumors are the people around him. Yeah Kaido an't looking so good. Yo I laughed so hard when Big Mom asked if Kaido was okay. It's funny because: 1. This is Kaido and 2. King literally dropped you (Big Mom) into a coma. Now whats gonna happen is the 921-925 situation. Kaido looks like he's taking an L but in reality he's just gonna body his opponents.

This is amazing powerscaling and portrayal for the Scabbards. I think we knew from the get-go that they were powerful. Kaido personally tried to recruit Ashura Doji.

I've already seen people state the flaws/inconsistency/plot holes of the Scabbards using ryou but I think people need to wait a bit longer on this information. Was it all 9 of the scabbards that used ryou? Because the only ones who were really up close in Kaido's face was Denjiro and Kinemon.

Anyways amazing chapter, fun read. Powerscaling still all over the place, and the Wano-War has officially started.
AnimeFanTalkAug 6, 2020 10:40 PM
Aug 6, 2020 10:52 PM
Jul 2020
This chapter so insane. Luffy drunk? He want to fight kaido and bigmom. But the training in udon isn't perfect yet.

I don't know what happen with kaido. Why he got scrach so easily. Is he the strongest in the world? He has haki too right, is kyuo so powerful? Where is enma, the only sword who can give kaido tatto in his stomach?

And what happen with homies (big mom army), why electro attack from nami so effective. As we know homies doesn't have blood.

Wow tonight full moon. I don't think so if all of the mink army will evolution to sulong mode. As we know story from carrot in the wholecake island arc so difficult to control that mode, it can kill friends and enemy whoever they are, and sulong mode will kill herself. Just few mink can control it. Are all of the mink army can control that mode?

So many question in this chapter
zo_wieAug 6, 2020 11:07 PM
Aug 7, 2020 12:18 AM

Jan 2019
Big Mom pirates are finally here

Can't wait for the big fight to start, we'll get Marineford vibes
Aug 7, 2020 1:48 AM

Jun 2014
The climactic battle against Kaido is finally here and shit is about to get real.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 7, 2020 2:34 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oden's Ryou? this is very interesting, as in, implying that Oden was his own category of strength which is not surprising, also, very interesting how even Kaido refers to Haki as Ryou, unless it ends up being something else or a sub-category of Haki.

I love how Luffy tells Big Mom that he's busy, Luffy ain't got time for her lmao, he already told her back at Whole Cake Island that he will take on Kaido first. Stand in line Linlin.

Very heartwarming to see that Kin'nemon believes in the Strawhats and Luffy. And then Luffy is declaring war in the next room, never gets old. My man Killer is back on track it seems and Zoro is just around the corner. Even Marco is there, this is intense.

Sweet mother, The scabbards vs. Kaido, and that's not all, it's a full moon, next chapter is going to be crazy, finally Sulong Neko and Inu.
Aug 7, 2020 2:52 AM
Sep 2018
PLEASE COME TO TALK ABOUT THE LAST CHAPTER OF ONE PIECE:

https://discord.gg/PANnk4

SEE YOU ALL THERE
Aug 7, 2020 6:30 AM

May 2018
How did the Scabbards manage to damage Kaido when Luffy can't? I'm starting to worry about the power level of Yonkou if they really live up to expectations.
Aug 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Oct 2018
Lowkey want to see kaido die. If whitebeard can why not he lol
Aug 7, 2020 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
War has been declared. Let's get to it.

And I absolutely want to see all the minks go full moon saiyan oozaru. Beat Kaido!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 7, 2020 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
I kind of feel conflicted on how the Scabbards are able to pierce Kaido. But if all combined level of Haki or Ryuo along with Oden's scar that was inflicted on Kaido then I think I understand. It is like that time when three of the admirals Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru were able to block Whitebeard's shock wave with their Busoshoku Haki alone as well. Why couldn't Luffy able to damage Kaido in the first place when punching him? Was there a difference between single and multiple people fighting or what? I do feel conflicted and need to question it about it. Anyways looking forward to the next chapter. The Full Moon has risen everyone! Now things are going to get bloody and lit.
Aug 7, 2020 9:02 AM
Nov 2019
Why kaido was look weak, its weird to see beast king in one piece
Aug 7, 2020 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
NO GODA STOP MY PP CAN ONLY GET SO HARD. Man, One Piece gets me hyped so easily wtf I love One Piece
Aug 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2018
oh yeah! sulong time!
Aug 7, 2020 8:45 PM
Mar 2018
alphazero4um said:
I kind of feel conflicted on how the Scabbards are able to pierce Kaido. But if all combined level of Haki or Ryuo along with Oden's scar that was inflicted on Kaido then I think I understand. It is like that time when three of the admirals Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru were able to block Whitebeard's shock wave with their Busoshoku Haki alone as well. Why couldn't Luffy able to damage Kaido in the first place when punching him?

I think you answered your own question. Ryou or whatever seems to be a higher form of haki that is more focused to the point where it can completely avoid armor and damages from the inside out. Luffy didn't have that ability and was also fighting Kaido in dragon form off the bat.
Aug 7, 2020 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
@superred
fcku mate
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 7, 2020 11:19 PM

Jan 2015
To see scabbards also get some little bruises when they were actually the one that landed the first blow make me wonder how far they can actually exhaust kaido; i dont think they gonna be the one to take him down, im not sure; but im hype with minks sulong. It also come to fact we have yet to see the true sh1t of kaido: his hybrid form, which i expect it will look like shenlong's later reincarnation in DB; probably too much from me.

Then we got another sh1t in form of big mom; luffy still on yonkou commander level, this gonna be an exhausting level up if thing turn up like that, geez.
The non fodder: King, Queen, and jack still off panel, so then the rest of tobiroppo(exclude drake and sasaki i believe), numbers, and the rest of smile eaters; but marco, perospero otw, the rest of supernova, ofc jinbei and stealth black, and the rest of strawhat.
Man, i wonder the each match-up gonna be. F in' hype!

--just how i see it currently; ofc no matter the power gauging in one piece there dynamic in battles that shouldn't be overlooked.

Kaido, big mom (yonkou= two or three high tier level?)
King, queen, jack (yonkou's commander high tier: 1 billion league )
Black maria, who's who, page one, ulti, apoo (yonkou mid tier; current supernova level: on average 500 million league)
Numbers (?) +headliners
Smile eaters+ninja+fodders

Vs

luffy, marco (yonkou commander level; high tier)
Zoro, kidd, yamato, law, jinbei, sanji, killer, scabbards (mid tier; curent supernova level)*
Minks, strawhats+heart+kid pirates
Samurai+fodders

Still unsure : drake, hawkin, perospero, sasaki.

*this ofc very relative for how close (or even equal?) some of them curently to the high tiers. I just generalize, especially scabbards case.

karambiaAug 8, 2020 3:46 AM

la critique de l'intention pure
Aug 8, 2020 3:37 PM

Feb 2016
Punk hazard- dressrosa- zou then wano

Good reminder from kido that they were all together a long long saga and we finally reached its climax
Aug 8, 2020 11:03 PM

Aug 2018
Damn this chapter pretty much lived up to expectations, Kaido getting pierced was really satisfying but also obvious that he will not go down this easily.I wonder if we will see King, Queen and Jack joining the fight next chapter
Aug 9, 2020 8:29 AM
Jul 2013
Oh man, luffy declaring war! Kaido laughing and accepting the challenge. Would we see the Straw Hat Fleet here soon? So many possibilities and so many out come. This are might just be the longest arc yet!
Aug 9, 2020 5:00 PM

Nov 2018
Marineford 2.0 let's go!!!

Aug 10, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2019
Finally, our favourite fishman Jinbe is officially a Straw Hat. Now please invite Marco too.

Sulong Bepo let's goooo!

Btw this Ulti feels so unnecessary can someone yeet her out already? She feels like a filler character smh..

Oh, and what's Marco doing with Perospero???
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 10, 2020 1:02 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Not gonna read the posts because I haven't caught up lol, but just wanted to say that with this chapter marks the 79th chapter of Wano, meaning that it is now officially the second longest One Piece arc (Big Mom arc is 78 chapters).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2020 2:24 PM

Jun 2017
Finally a good chapter with some decent action.

Luffy's "I really don't have time for your shit big mom" face was gold.

Can't wait for the minks to go ham on Kaido.
Aug 10, 2020 4:35 PM
Jan 2019
"IT'S AN ALL-OUT WAR!!!"

Really good Chapter. I love Luffy's moment with Big Mom and Kin basically doing the "Luffy will be Pirate King" speech.

The roof panel with Dragon from Kaido looking down at all the scabbards with the moon behind him OwO

Can't believe we gotta wait, Sulong... for the next one but, it is what it is

also people talking about enel coming down from the moon, no... just no xD if we see him again Zoro is gonna take him out this time whilst Luffy does... whatever he's doing
Aug 10, 2020 10:42 PM

May 2018
It's finally time. Luffy is about to face an emperor for real. I've waited years for this moment. i guess Big Mom is up first? Let's see what he's pulled off during odon prison training. He beat katakuri by the skin of his teeth at WCI and i'm so excited for him to take the next step!!

[quote=T3AJAY message=60447586]
"IT'S AN ALL-OUT WAR!!!"

Remember when Whitebeard said someone will appear and challenge the whole world to a fight before he died? Found your man Mr.Newgate and to do that he has to challenge those who are suppressing wano, to a fight!!

It's like oden said - before the figure arrives that will challenge the world, Wano needs to open their borders and support them
XPoisonAug 11, 2020 6:09 AM

Aug 11, 2020 3:58 PM

Dec 2014
So did the Azakaya pierce Kaidou through pure strength or was there something more at play? Kaidou seems to mention that they hit the spot that Oden injured him.

Luffy declaring war was just glorious. This got me more hyped than anything.

Wulong transformation incoming, very hyped!
Aug 16, 2020 9:58 PM

Oct 2016
Let's go we bout to see a whole lotta sulong forms. Hell yeah it's war now.
Jan 30, 2021 6:29 PM

May 2020
Such a great comical moment when they said to Luffy that he was being full of himself for bringing a few hundred people and then immediately the transponder snail is like update: actually, a few thousand plus some really strong guys like Marco.

Also, mink arm + moon = sulong army...this is going to be epic. As someone said earlier, all we need is the Straw Hat fleet showing up and it's basically Marineford 2.0!
I say goodbye unto you,
And with this parting,
My most beautiful dream dies inside me...
But I tell you goodbye,
For the rest of life,
Even if I spend all life thinking about you.
Nov 16, 2022 10:20 AM

May 2021
Woohoo, the second declaration of war. Can't help but think of Smaug from Hobbit when I see that scar on Kaido. That last panel was somethin' else though. Here's hoping it doesn't backfire though...

Jun 27, 2023 9:37 PM

Dec 2022
oh damn this is about to go full Kaidozilla vs. WereCat

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Apr 22, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.