Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

The world premiere of the first Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi teaser trailer

New
Aug 3, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2019
I didn't hear any news about this via here or elsewhere and only stumbled upon it when looking for some recently posted Inuyasha content on the YouTube. Apparently this went live worldwide on August 1st. I can't believe these days how so much is happening so fast it'd difficult to always keep tabs on everything. Everything about it looks legitimate though so people should post if they have any additional clarifying information or more details through press releases and online monitoring of the updates. I'm beyond excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbq1ukjOD-0

I'm just so damn happy to be getting an actual legitimate direct sequel and not another remake or reboot or "re-imagining" or even prequel/side story/etc. but just an actual continuation for once taking place after the events of the last scene of the last episode of the original show timeline-wise. As much as sequels receive flak for usually never being as good as the original (this very likely probably won't even be close either - I'm not unrealistically optimistic or deluded; asking for something even half as good is probably asking the damn near impossible at this point) and being made in abundance, I feel like real sequels are becoming rarer in favor of the constant remake stuff because studios believe something from 2006 is somehow too inaccessible like a lost artifact or something. Everything about this so far indicates at least a modicum of respect for fans of the original series, whether they watched it first run in 2002 or just last year for the first time.

And from Newsweek:

Inuyasha Sequel Clip Appears Online, More Information Coming Soon

Ahead of the anime's release, the first clip of Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon--the sequel to the popular Inuyasha series--has appeared online.

The promotional video was aired in Japan, captured and shared online via Twitter by user @RanobeSugoi. The clip is without voice lines or sound effects, but does show the character designs in full color and some of the mannerisms and quirks of the main three characters.

Take a look at the first clip of Yasahime: Princess Half-Demon below.

Not much is shown during this first clip of the Inuyasha sequel anime, but fans get to see some of the personalities of the main cast.

Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, is seen as a rambunctious, over-confident fighter similar to her father. The official site describes Moroha as "cheerful" and while she has a lot of her parents' traits she doesn't know it, as she grew up without them.

Towa is the twin of Setsuna and the daughter of Sesshomaru. From the clip, she seems much more level-headed and book smart. She was separated from her sister and have now reunited, but Setsuna has no memory of Towa.

Setsuna, on the other hand, is stoic and looks dangerous similar to her father. She wields a bladed staff and makes a living by destroying demons.

The official Yashime: Princes Half-Demon Twitter account revealed over the weekend that new information about the story and anime will arrive on August 7. Perhaps fans will get a proper release of an extended clip of the upcoming anime. Fans will just have to wait and see.

Here's the full synopsis for Yashime: Princess Half-Demon:

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Sota, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.

Back in May, the sequel series was announced for a fall release in Japan. Viz Media will distribute the series in North America, but no date for a possible English-language release has been announced.

The Inuyasha sequel is being developed by Japanese production company Sunrise, which had a hand in the original Inuyasha anime.

https://www.newsweek.com/inuyasha-sequel-clip-trailer-yasahime-kagome-sesshomaru-moroha-towa-setsuna-1522471

WatchTillTandavaAug 3, 2020 1:36 PM
Aug 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
Trailer (announcement) is out

Aug 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Feb 2018
October 3rd? It's still a long time.
Aug 6, 2020 8:38 PM

Jun 2019
It has been over a year since I've rewatched it in full and I realize it's a series on the longer side (especially compared to most present day anime), but I'm almost 100% certain there was no scene of the original gang from the main series fighting this Root Head entity referenced here, and that looked like newly animated scenes. So is this finally the incorporation of the only Inuyasha sequel material in manga form, the one-time promotional Inuyasha manga release around 2013 for disaster relief aid and raising reconstruction funds for the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami victims?

I've never actually read it myself, but I believe that's where that part of the story may be taken from as I recall reading a description of it. Some of the avid manga readers and hardcore Inuyasha fans around here might have read it or even got a copy from Japan.

Other than that one issue, I'm just in total disbelief right now. To be seeing more material featuring this world and these characters, the music and all - I never thought I'd have the chance to experience that as something new as a first-time Inuyasha watcher only in 2016.
Aug 6, 2020 9:48 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Trailer (announcement) is out

I love it so much

This might be my most anticipated anime for the Fall season now lol
TokoyaAug 6, 2020 9:52 PM
Aug 7, 2020 3:52 AM
Jul 2015
I just want to say that october has many anime that i want to watch. Its been awhile since I have so many anime I want to watch. Typically a season, I've only watch 2 to 3 that interest me but this upcoming season I've planned on watching at least 5+

Edited: Just calculated and found out I have 10 animes that i'm interested to watch next season not including the famous ones like haikyuu cause i will be only watching it after it release all the episodes
ShiroyuinaAug 7, 2020 4:01 AM
Aug 7, 2020 4:49 AM
Jan 2016
KSLDFJDLSKFJLDKSFJ IM SO HYPED UP, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NUTS. at least i got something to look forward to this year.
Aug 7, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
I AM LITERALLY SO EXCITED I WANT T O SCREAM
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Aug 7, 2020 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't even know this existed, looks great. I'm excited, I hope they keep the original soundtrack. It's far too beautiful to pass up.
Aug 7, 2020 3:05 PM

Mar 2020
THE TRAILER. omg. Koaru Wada is doing it again with the music :')
Aug 13, 2020 5:31 AM
Aug 2018
I really hope this cash grab is at least ok I’d hate for inuyashas legacy to be tainted
Aug 13, 2020 1:43 PM

Jun 2019
Lord_Cobi said:
I really hope this cash grab is at least ok I’d hate for inuyashas legacy to be tainted

As a general rule, most sequels are never as good as the original or even come close. Only an elite few have ever attained that or surpassed their predecessors. I feel like in all realistic likelihood this obviously won't be as good as the original series or even come close and setting expectations that high is bound to incur disappointment, but I also feel that I love Inuyasha and the original series so much that even if this ends up being 10% as good, that would still make it better than and preferable to a lot of the newer anime for me.

The renewed involvement of composer Kaoru Wada and Sunrise studio is at least promising.
Aug 13, 2020 2:17 PM
Mar 2013
Lord_Cobi said:
Well i already lost interest when i noticed no male lead, i mean the first show had 2 males and 2 females now it is just 2 females and 1 tomboy female. Maybe im to old to watch this lol and i hope for the fans that will watch it to be good but after i've read more info about it like i said before i lost interest.
Aug 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Jun 2019
Gal3riel said:
Well i already lost interest when i noticed no male lead, i mean the first show had 2 males and 2 females now it is just 2 females and 1 tomboy female. Maybe im to old to watch this lol

One question (out of curiosity) - What would your age have to do with the sex of the characters in this case?
Aug 13, 2020 2:45 PM
Mar 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
Gal3riel said:
Well i already lost interest when i noticed no male lead, i mean the first show had 2 males and 2 females now it is just 2 females and 1 tomboy female. Maybe im to old to watch this lol and i hope for the fans that will watch it to be good but after i've read more info about it like i said before i lost interest. l

One question (out of curiosity) - What would your age have to do with the sex of the characters in this case?
10/15 years ago i would have watched the show not caring about MCS just the plot, i had more time to waste so i did not care but in time i got more and more selective about what i watch and USUALLY (not always) i dont watch shows with only females leads out of personal interest. Ill still keep the show on the list maybe it might turn out good and i might give it a shot but i doubt it a bit, sequels tend to dissapoint anyway after so many years.
Aug 15, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2008
The trailer was fine. I'm still as much "eh I guess we'll see" as I was from the day they announced it. At least visually it feels like it takes place within the same universe which is nice.

Honestly hype could pick up once that first episode airs. But right now the trailer just left me in a state of nodding that it exists and not much else.

I'll probably just mentally prepare to not get interested in this one in order to play it safe. But still keeping my fingers crossed that the actual episodes will create more excitement than the trailer did.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.