Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 5, 2020 7:30 PM
May 2019
MegamiRem said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

Rin was hospitalized because of the fall and has a huge scar on her back because of it. We were shown her in the hosptial at the end of Season 1, and her scar is visible in numerous episodes as well as the ending.
Yes she has a scar on her back which she got from getting hit by that rock which proly sunk in her flesh and she bled. But bruh she should be in more serious condition. I assume it wasn't that long ago she fell and she seems perfectly fine physically atm.

As for Akito, only Rin, Hiro, and Akito were present when it happened, and the Sohma family is immensely wealthy and influential. They own many parts of the town. In fact, the hospital Rin was staying at was a Sohma run hospital. So Akito was able to get away with it. It makes sense.
What you u said is true and I agree with it but I asked why nobody questions her sanity at this point. Everyone just acts like everything she does is right.

Rin gets pushed out of the window likely some time around May or June, since she is wearing her summer uniform and that is when the switch usually occurs, though sometimes schools will make that switch a bit early when Cool Biz goes into effect, which can occur in the later part of May.

When Hiro goes to visit it her at the hospital in Episode 15 of Season 1, it is likely nearing the end of July (around July 20-something) since the True Form Arc takes place towards the end of the rainy season in Japan, and in Tokyo that usually goes until late July. We then see in Season 2, Episode 5 that Rin wasn't released from the hospital, but that she escaped from it and took off.

So Rin was likely in the hospital from anywhere between a few weeks to about two months or so (possibly a bit more). It all depends on when, exactly, Akito pushed her out of the window. Regardless of that, she left the hospital before she was supposed to, and while the scar may have healed and she may be in okay enough condition to walk, her physical health is actually very poor for a variety of reasons.

As for Akito, no one questions Akito for a three main reasons:

1. Akito is the family head. Family and familial ties are very strong in Japan and this can hold a lot of sway, as can the need to not cause a scene.

2. For the Zodiac members and those in the inner ciricle - Akito is a god. As we've been told, the Zodiac members can't go against Akito in anyway, for others that title of god is too intimidating to try and go against. Or it could be seen as too dangerous to do so, to question Akito or Akito's sanity, when Akito is the one with such literal power over the zodiac members and influential power over many aspects of the city.

3. The Sohma "Family" (Clan) is really just one big cult. It has many aspects about it that are cult-like and which even reach out to/extend to the "Outer" members. Speaking out or against leaders within any sort of cult-like system is extremely hard and sometimes dangerous to do.

Also, Akito has done a lot of mental and emotional damage to many of the characters and that form of abuse can be hard to speak out against/fight and win against. Mix in the fact that the outer members of the family may not know that much about what's going on and it isn't that surprising that no one really questions Akito's sanity.

The core of the Sohma Clan is rotten and we can see that through characters like that old maid that's popped up three or so times now. They turn a blind eye to Akito's actions.
Aug 6, 2020 4:44 AM
Jun 2015
This one hit differently than all the other backstories. I almost cried from a lot of the others, but while watching this episode i just felt sick. Poor Rin :'(
Aug 6, 2020 4:47 AM

May 2018
Pretty good. Rin must have survived that fall from Akito. The plot is still moving at a snail's pace tho
Aug 6, 2020 6:27 AM

Nov 2017
Akito is more hateful than ever. It has to be that there is trauma in his flashback. On the other hand, this CRAZY cliffhanger!
Aug 7, 2020 3:17 AM

Jul 2019
Probably the second best episode so far in season 2. But anyways, I didn't really like Rin at first but after what Akihito did to her, bro. Shit crazy
Aug 7, 2020 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
In fact, the hospital Rin was staying at was a Sohma run hospital. So Akito was able to get away with it. It makes sense.

I don't think that was Sohma hospital.
There's actual hospital in Soma:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma_General_Hospital

MegamiRem said:
But I asked why nobody questions her sanity at this point. Everyone just acts like everything she does is right.

Prob. same reason nobody asked Hitler.
Yeah, rly.
Aug 7, 2020 4:25 AM
May 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
In fact, the hospital Rin was staying at was a Sohma run hospital. So Akito was able to get away with it. It makes sense.

I don't think that was Sohma hospital.
There's actual hospital in Soma:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soma_General_Hospital

MegamiRem said:
But I asked why nobody questions her sanity at this point. Everyone just acts like everything she does is right.

Prob. same reason nobody asked Hitler.
Yeah, rly.

That hospital is located in Fukushima Prefecture. Furuba takes place near Tokyo and the hospital is in walking distance. Also, it has been stated in-series that the Sohma family is wealthy, influential, and owns many businesses in the area.
Aug 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Jun 2014
Forgot to say: when Rin sees Tooru and her PTSD kicks in, she isn't saying "Don't yell at me!", she is saying "Don't get angry!". Probably because she isn't scared only of her parents yelling at her, but of them beating her too.

Btw, I wonder who the woman is at 9:44, she has long black hair, so its not Rin's mother. In the manga it isn't so obvious that she has long black hair. Is it
Can't think of any other woman with long black hair besides Rin and her.
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Aug 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Jun 2017
Akito's selfishness and insecurities just sickens me! In a way, he's the most tragic character in FB; and I feel so sorry for him. 😒

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 8, 2020 3:50 AM

Feb 2010
After all this shit idk if anything can redeem for what Akito did except death.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 8, 2020 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
almost forgot rin's parents were those type of cancerous parents with yuki/ayame's mother, kyo's father, and she-who-shall-be-named. so glad haru got pissed off for us. i would love to punch those cancers in the face.... hard. the zodiacs, especially the younger ones, don't deserve the hateful crap from the adults and peers they're suppose to trust.

there's a reason akito is a colorful little person (to put it nicely) aside the obvious we already know about (which imo made it worst than better) and it will eventually be revealed in due time. i'm not going defend all the crap akito did and would slap the little witch myself, but i hate that reason why akito ended up as a monster of a crazy little psychopath more than i do with akito.
Aug 9, 2020 5:46 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Rin, her family didn't want her and after all that she had to suffer because of Akito, I hate Akito, she should die!!!
Aug 9, 2020 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
I thought Rin was the most annoying character this season. Just took one episode to change my mind.
Aug 9, 2020 5:13 PM

Apr 2018
Damn this episode was so good. We get to learn more about Isuhara's past with Hatsuharu. No wonder why she broke up with him because she felt like a burden to him.
Aug 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
If I knew I was going to have a face 2 face w/ Akito, I'd have an extremely sharp knife or a pair of scissors up my sleeve. He's too cocky to think one of them would kill him. Hell, that might even break the curse!
Aug 9, 2020 11:45 PM
Feb 2018
anyone know da song when rin fall
man it hits me hard really rin's case
i know a bit of her feel at least
since 1st time i saw rin i knew it she must be had deep problem
i cried darn
Aug 11, 2020 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
wow rin focus...hmm damn so much trauma in this show...why is Akito like that...
Aug 12, 2020 9:33 PM
Aug 2018
looks like rin is going through some major ptsd.. it made me so sad. episode was very well made though and I cried whilst in the bathtub.
Aug 14, 2020 8:02 PM

Mar 2015
I cried so much, I couldn't stop it :(
Aug 19, 2020 1:32 PM

May 2016
Poor girl but still her attitude toward Tooru is unacceptable trying to kick her with her
animal form she could have died...

now Tooru gonna cure her as well what an angel <3
Aug 20, 2020 5:41 AM

Nov 2016
Akito on some serious Yandere shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2020 3:38 AM

Nov 2011
Oh my word, is this even a shoujo anime anymore?

How in the world can the Soma family (aside from the zodiacs) still endorse Akito when she literally attempted murder? If this clan isn't a cult, I don't know what is.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Aug 25, 2020 8:41 PM

Jan 2019
Holy shit. Hard to believe that was all in one episode.

And yet nothing about that felt rushed. Every moment had the appropriate beat to let it sink in- every beautiful shot lasted just long enough. When covering stuff as heavy as this, the pacing is key.
Sep 6, 2020 9:52 PM

Oct 2007
Rin looks beautiful in uniform. :)

Looks like Shigure really not know how to break the curse. If he knows, he would have broken it already.

also the drama is reaching toxic proportions by now. Ok, writer, you are one hell of an edge lord.. putting Rin's violent parents and Akito in a single episode = shit show.

Akito is useful though.. when I'm playing EFZ or any sort of fighting video game. I can imagine my opponent's character is Akito, and I would be motivated to totally destroy them. lol
Sep 9, 2020 4:04 PM

Sep 2018
The ammount of times i cried during this episode was off the mf charts.

The whole episode was beautiful. it was animated beautifully.
Sep 12, 2020 1:38 AM

Jun 2020
ahh, that insert song 馳せる未来 was used once again, it's so beautiful. i hope it gets on spotify

when rin was falling down, the art & sound direction were so immersive, i couldn't stop my tears. haru is seriously best boy...... what an episode, i'm in tears again.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 21, 2020 9:22 PM

Sep 2018
Why Haru and Isuzu is so sexy?!!! And they're still teenager right?! They're too young to do that >,<

Akito is crazy!! Her reason being crazy can't justify all her actions. She's sick!
Sep 27, 2020 8:11 PM

Jul 2017
i like this series but like i dont understand why akito is so feared, shes just a scrawny bitch and the family issues i dont fully get either.
Oct 3, 2020 6:44 AM

Jul 2020
Probably the most darkest moment in Fruits Basket. I didn’t even expect that Akito will do some attempted murder. She’s sick in the head.
Oct 11, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2013
RinXHaru always tears my heart apart, but nothing will make either of them happier than each other ;A; if only Rin would understand that. There is no happiness without her for Haru :'(

Tohru will free the curse for them. Rin needs to rest, trust Tohru, and wait.
Oct 14, 2020 12:25 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, more and clear explanations of Rin's attitude throughout the season. I must say that Akito attempted murder this time. Quite disturbing past!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 29, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2018
I was always curious as to why people favor Rin. After watching this episode, now I understand why. My gosh, Akito is just too much!
Oct 29, 2020 1:46 PM

Apr 2018
justlynn6785 said:
MikuruSi said:
When you think you can't hate Akito more, Akito throws an innocent and full of trauma teenager through the window after abusing her verbally and physically. This evil character won't die probably but I wish they would. Freaking monster ugh

This. At this point, I honestly don’t care if Akito was tortured as a child - absolutely nothing could serve as a reason or an excuse for the things Akito has done as “god” of the Sohmas.

And Rin’s mother & father are just another set of people that should never be allowed to procreate, along with Kyo’s parents, Yuki’s, and Momoji’s. I mean seriously - wth is wrong with these people?!?

Haru is so wonderful - how could Rin (or practically anybody) not fall in love with him? Also - thank goodness for Kazuma - helping out all these poor zodiac kids.

But ... I am so conflicted about Shigure - I honestly can’t tell if he’s mostly good or bad. I want him to be good, but.... idk.

Anyway - I’m looking forward to seeing Rin interact with Tohru next week.
FB is the only reason I look forward to Mondays!

I agree wholeheartedly. I do not care about Akito's upbringing or whatever.
Nov 17, 2020 8:05 AM
Feb 2018
this episode made me hate Akito and Shigure more and like Hiro a lot more. Youtuber once put up a question on their community tab what soma would to break the curse for if you could I answered Kisa but watching Rin story she be the second pick but Kisa still my first pick
Nov 17, 2020 2:59 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I get the whole Souma family is powerful etc. but honestly if a child ended up in hospital as a result of physical abuse in the UK, the police would be called immediately. Like that would be a serious thing here, do they not have any child abuse laws in Japan? I guess maybe they do and the anime doesn't want to go down that route? I dunno, that's just what I kept thinking. Why isn't this doctor reporting this to the authorities? This isn't just a sort of casual - oh let's have a chat about this kind of situation. Perhaps things are different in Japan but if they are then yikes.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Nov 28, 2020 8:32 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, Rin also suffered from physical and verbal abuse. Haru is the reason why she continue to live even she have dark past.
Fvck Akito! why does everyone letting her do what she wants? She intentionally pushed Rin to die. Damn, I'm so mad rn.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Nov 30, 2020 1:58 PM

Feb 2017
I don't think I wished for a death of any character more than Akito.
Dec 15, 2020 11:43 PM
Dec 2020
Having a mother who told me several times she wished she didn't give birth to me when I was younger. This episode really hit me.

Love this anime.
Dec 19, 2020 7:27 PM

Feb 2014
Rin x Haru <3<3<3<3 best boy and best girl belong togheter after all.
Mar 6, 2021 6:12 PM

May 2016
Oh boy, Rin's backstory was so heartbreaking. This girl can't catch a break anywhere in life. It makes me just hate Akito even more. Although it does show that every character in this show acts the way they do for a reason. Rin is so callous and cold to the person she loves the most, but she does it to protect him. It's messed up but that's her reality.

Fruits Basket does such a great job at highlighting the whole "never judge a book by its cover", and as someone who hasn't read the manga, I'm sure we'll see another side of Akito in the future.
Mar 22, 2021 1:40 PM

Jun 2019
Okay... Imma cry in a corner for a bit.
Mar 23, 2021 1:58 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, such a good episode that I'm writing this even though I'm of half a year late, just the emotion a backstory. Sad Episode
Apr 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Jul 2019
One of my favourite FB episodes. More or less every deep FB episode has some similar format to this but Rin's qualities were beautiful to see unfold good lord.

Rin as a character is a favourite personality of mine. I have a thing for edgy girls, but her happiness with Haru is something that made her character that much special. I could go on with this episode but I loved this fr.

Also Akito is even more detestable.

10/10 ep.
Apr 29, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit.. rins parents were based asf, if only she didn't question them they could have played their part.. ROFL for that reversal... Oh you don't like us being happy? REEEEEEEEE TANTRUM. But damn Akito throwing her out the balcony was some serious psychopathic bitch move ROFL

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2021 10:01 PM

Dec 2020
rin centric episode !!! all the build up leading up to this, loved it. seriously each and every one of the soma's need therapy lmfao
May 28, 2021 8:27 AM

Apr 2020
Yet another backstory involving parenting.

Ok, I feel bad for Rin now

If akito also gets to have a tragic backstory, I wouldn't feel pity for her however tragic it is
Jun 6, 2021 1:23 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
The most common theme in this anime is that parents are evil. Followed by elementary schoolers are psychopaths. Was the creator of this manga series her parents punching bag and now she hates all parents or something?! I've never seen so many scumbag cocksucker parents in one anime series that I've seen and I'm a SUCKER for melodrama so I've seen plenty of melodramatic series. My god.
Jun 26, 2021 12:22 AM

Nov 2017
OMG. This anime but specifically this season, hardest anime I've ever put myself through. This season crushes me, I thought I was fucking invulnerable, man! I thought I was invincible, could get through any art, no problem.

But this? Somehow, this is fucking me up HARD.
Jul 7, 2021 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Rytakahashi09 said:
Do police and law even exist in this anime?

Hahah, the zodiacs won't complain, being bound to Akito as they are. If anyone else sees, they're 'removed', as Kana was. So ya, pretty much no one finds out. I get how people would get annoyed at this 'plot armor' so to speak though. Ah well

Natsude_tanaka said:
Is it me or tohru seems to be more annoying than last season lol

But... she literally didn't even do anything this episode except hug Rin?? C'moooon
itssimplymeJul 7, 2021 9:17 AM
Jul 7, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2020
itssimplyme said:
Rytakahashi09 said:
Do police and law even exist in this anime?

Hahah, the zodiacs won't complain, being bound to Akito as they are. If anyone else sees, they're 'removed', as Kana was. So ya, pretty much no one finds out. I get how people would get annoyed at this 'plot armor' so to speak though. Ah well

Natsude_tanaka said:
Is it me or tohru seems to be more annoying than last season lol

But... she literally didn't even do anything this episode except hug Rin?? C'moooon

Bro i dont even remembered haha
But i do know she was unbearable for me this season but the third shes better so
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2020

123 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 3:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.